• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games will melt my eyes off on PC?

Nice joke, there's no way medium/high level tech in 2018/2019 used in PS5 is not gonna beat Titan X/GTX980 TI. That's like saying GTX280 beats the PS4. What's more in the upcoming years the gpu market is gonna make a huge leap with those new tech finally coming out. It's gonna have Volta tech or AMD's equivalent and it's gonna be glorious.
Yeah, I reckon the PS5 will be around 15-20 teraflops. But I don't expect it to come out until at least 2020.

Ulysses 31

I think Witcher 3 (and all games in general) stutter a lot in 3+ SLI configurations

Yes

Personal experience points to tri-sli working just as well as any situation where sli is supported. No "extra" stuttering on my end when I had it.

4 way SLI though basically never ever works and actually decreases performance in average frames and frame quality.

Is this an NVIDIA thing?

From my experience with tri and quadfire(and Eyefinity), the mayority of games ran without extra stutter and with good performance.

3x Titan X? I'm sodium.

I'm going to throw in a pretty "out there" suggestion and say Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Run that baby at 4K, crank everything up, it's a damn nice treat visually. The art design isn't the greatest, but some levels are jaw dropping. I just did this myself and ran at 30fps on SLI GTX 980, it was gorgeous.

Another one, Mirror's Edge. That's fuckin' tasty all maxed out.

RyudBoy

Batman Arkham Knight in 4K looks pretty damn amazing. Other than that, I'd say try The Witcher 3. Your PC would slaughter.

Daingurse

Crysis 3, Witcher 3, and Ryse are all gorgeous games. With your level of hardware, those games would look ridiculous. Hell you can probably brute force Arkham Knight, that's a very pretty game as well.

Omega

Banned
Sorry dumb question.

You have three titan x's (awesome)

Yes in total they have 36 gig ram but I thought ram didn't stack in sli? Don't see the point to mention 36, it's really just 12 right ?

well to be fair, some games like GTA V would count that as 36.

I'm probably wrong but I also thought I read somewhere that other games will start doing that as well.

Who the fuck cares? And Xbone graphics do suck, so it's not like he's lying.
pls

human eye cant even see more than 720p. its graphics are fine

antitrop

Grand Theft Auto V continually has me in awe. Booted it up last night just to drive around and see the scenery while listening to the radio.

I can't wait to play it in VR.

PFD

Is such a thing possible?

GTA V with grass at Ultra brings any rig to its knees. Here's a SLI Titan X setup, not even 4K

grand-theft-auto-v-grass-quality-performance.png

shockdude

No one's suggested VR? Maxing games on a nice PC is nice, but maxing games on a VR headset would offer a true eye-melting experience.

ss_lemonade

Sorry dumb question.

You have three titan x's (awesome)

Yes in total they have 36 gig ram but I thought ram didn't stack in sli? Don't see the point to mention 36, it's really just 12 right ?
Won't dx12 sort of allow multiple gpu memory to stack now?

Sanctuary

shandy706

You know, it is entirely possible to spend too much money.

hey guys i have a 5000 euro gaming pc but i don't know anything about games, can you help me?

A not at all stealth bragging thread.

Seriously take this circle jerk somewhere else.

lol true.

So you spent around $7000 for a PC but are unsure of what games even look good?

Who the fuck cares? And Xbone graphics do suck, so it's not like he's lying.

Get off my lawn Internet you darn kids!

Congrats on the awesome PC.
Have you run the 3DMark tests yet? I would love to know your benchmarks!
Also whilst not exactly taxing for your rig, but running some emus pushed to the limits (Dolphin for example) can make you have a renewed appreciation for old games!

Witcher 3 or GTA V.

4k 60fps, everything up full.

I am willing to bet that GTA5 ultra grass will still make op cry.

Edit: I see it's been covered.

Get off my lawn Internet you darn kids!

I am not jealous in the slightest, it's just amusing that the op is so uninformed on games he wants to play. Maybe better post a wall of irrelevant screenshots to illustrate your point further?

It's just a bit weird that you have a titan x tri sli rig and no idea what to run. It's like buying a pizza and don't know what to do with it.

Anyways you should try witcher 3 or GTA V with ultra grass. But if you have titan x, any games really.

Gowans

Right fellas I have my stuff installed.

I let the Geforce experience do its thing and everything is on max but now the Witcher 3 has some weird micro-stuttering happing all the time :(

Going to take the pooch on a walk and then have a mess around before I start getting into the Witcher.

Also where can I upload my screenshots to share here as some guys had requested?

The PNGs are 11mb a pop and everything is compressing them.

LilJoka

I let the Geforce experience do its thing and everything is on max but now the Witcher 3 has some weird micro-stuttering happing all the time :(

Going to take the pooch on a walk and then have a mess around before I start getting into the Witcher.

Also where can I upload my screenshots to share here as some guys had requested?

As many have said, tri-sli is asking for trouble. Start with 2-way SLI (which wont be perfect either really).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
hey guys i have a 5000 euro gaming pc but i don't know anything about games, can you help me?
It's not just a gaming PC. It's for development. But of course you're going to play games on it. It would be criminal not to. I wonder if you could do TV quality CG on that thing in real time (24fps).

The upcoming FB3 games might give that rig a nice workout. Need for Speed got delayed but I'd love to see Battlefront maxed out at 4k/60fps. And you can probably get into one of those legendary 1000 player battles in Planetside 2 and still keep a decent framerate.

epmode

I have a similar stutter when everything's as high as it goes. It goes away once I take foliage a step down from the highest setting.

Then again, I'm only using a single GPU. I don't have enough patience for SLI.

Gowans

I have a similar stutter when everything's as high as it goes. It goes away once I take foliage a step down from the highest setting.

Then again, I'm only using a single GPU. I don't have enough patience for SLI.
I've sorted it by some googling and capping the frame rate at 60.

Game looks amazing, just need somewhere to host the uncompressed screenshots.

impact

Banned

Uninstall Geforce Experience and just manually update your own drivers. The program does nothing good for you except use your GPU/CPU for no reason.

Good to know even a 3x TITAN setup can't even brute force through the piece of shit program.

AP90

As what's been probably said before...

Ryse @4k with everything on.

Same thing with Crysis 3

And Finally... Star Citizen @ 4k will probably be the best bet if you have it.

Odrion

Banned
Why did you buy three Titan Xes for uncompressing stuff? It's not a secret workstation card like the first one.

Why did you make a $3000 investment for a SLI setup when you didn't know how SLI works?

Why did you spend $3000 on video game gpus when you don't know it's software library?

Sounds like you need a specific game like Crysis was back in the day. But there isn't one on PC anymore that is pushing boundaries. All you have is brute force of multi-plats.

The only games that have made my jaw drop so far( on PC) have been AC unity, W3, Ryse.

The rest was on PS4 with The Order 1886, Driveclub.

Personally i think GTAV takes the crown visually on PC.

elelunicy

Try AC: Unity for sure. Probably one the only games that can properly take advantage of your hardware. Extremely good multi-core optimization that can use all 16 threads on your 5960x. Near 100% scaling at three/four way SLI. Ridiculous VRAM usage that makes the extra $1000 bucks you paid for the Titans over the 980ti's worth it.

Oxn

Same settings, do 4K really look better than 1440P?

Especially if that 4K is on a 32inch Monitor, as opposed to a 27inch 1440P?

Nah.

hrmmm

It all depends heavily on the amount of die shrinks, thermals, power, and a variety of other things. But if it wasn't vanilla titan X levels (which manages games @ 4x the resolution with higher settings) of power that would be incredibly disappointing.

dude i honestly cant even imagine a reality where a ps5 doesnt offer performance well beyond what a titan x will offer. sony wouldnt even bother releasing it

Same settings, do 4K really look better than 1440P?

Especially if that 4K is on a 32inch Monitor, as opposed to a 27inch 1440P?

Nah.

yes, the 4k monitor has a better pixel pitch. you will have a sharper image and less aliasing, but im of the less popular opinion on this forum that the difference is not very big and definitely not worth the extra gpu grunt required

Ulysses 31

so you think a ps5 will be less than 4x more powerful than ps4? seriously?

Unless a Titan-X will roughly cost what a GTX 750 costs now by that time or GPU cards will make some huge jump in technological performance/efficiency then no I doubt it will be 4x more powerful at the same price point.

Top Bottom