• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
0028564077_10.jpg

Lunatic Harness by µ-Ziq re-issue, one of the defining records from the UK IDM scene.

Policenauts_1200x1200.jpg

Policenauts soundtrack by Konami Kukeiha Club

R.b1e4a82d4cdccdda99d922f3ece91f50

A couple of blind Bearbrick boxes, from the Bape 28th Anniversary set.

OIP.WvXs-oP1ivRhZc13xNH-AwAAAA

Animu blu ray!

Anti-Social-Social-Club-Technologies-Inc.-2001-Tie-Dye-Tee-Back_grande.jpg

This horrible ASSC t-shirt that I will wear to annoy people.

Those may be my next projects.

What did you use for apple juice? Could you find the unpasteurized stuff or just go with unfiltered?
I used Musselman's apple juice for the hard apple cider because it's not from concentrate and doesn't have preservatives.

It doesn't matter if the juice is pasteurized or not as long as it doesn't have any preservatives. Ascorbic acid is fine because it's just extra vitamin C. It fermented fine and the airlock bubbled for over 2 weeks before stopping.

Raven117

I used Musselman's apple juice for the hard apple cider because it's not from concentrate and doesn't have preservatives.

It doesn't matter if the juice is pasteurized or not as long as it doesn't have any preservatives. Ascorbic acid is fine because it's just extra vitamin C. It fermented fine and the airlock bubbled for over 2 weeks before stopping.
Thanks for the tips!

TylerD

My second dental crown. First was in early 2021. #2 and #15 (2nd molars on the top) left to right mirror achieved! $508 out of pocket. At least it didn't require a root canal like my first one. I'd like to thank my young cavity prone self and amalgam fillings for being too damn strong and causing those teeth to eventually crack.

Last edited:
this cheapo phone to use as a work phone.

Dash4G_BWDisplay.png

i was looking to get a smartphone from Xiaomi or Samsung but I can't justify paying £100-300. I need to use WhatsApp and I refuse to sign up with my personal number on my iPhone. Facebook can go fuck themselves. I don't know if WhatsApp will work on this...i'm hoping I can use it on the built in browser. If not then I guess I'm going to need to get a phone with Google Play Store after all... :messenger_unamused: This phone was only £22 so if it's no good it's not a huge loss and I can just donate it to my friend who works with a charity in Africa. They are always looking for phones to take over.

Crayon

I have a great bike I haven't ridden in a long time. I pulled it down and the brakes needed to be bled badly. I thought about it more I decided the brakes were really junk. Only crap piece on the bike. All mismatched and torn up. So I went to the bike shop and bought a new pair. Fucking ouch $. That's why I always avoided replacing these. I just put them on and I'll have the shop trim the hoses tomorrow. It does already seem much nicer and this bike will be ready to rock for a minute.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
#FANNYPACKFAMILY

For my long walks. Always needed a backpack just for keys, phone, cigs and water.

😁😂😅🙈😏

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Moderation bro. Looks delicious tho.
Yep, it's not something I'd get 100% of the time. It's too much for full time soap. But if you run out of shit to buy some day, it's honestly kind of a nice treat to get a few of these. Your showers will smell manly for like 2 months.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yep, it's not something I'd get 100% of the time. It's too much for full time soap. But if you run out of shit to buy some day, it's honestly kind of a nice treat to get a few of these. Your showers will smell manly for like 2 months.

I'll bet!!

My point was more about the moderation of usage. Don't think daily soaps are that.good for you. Based on nothing btw. Very happy for you in any case Miku!

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Last thing I bought was a dog house and some other stuff for my dog who has been very sick but is improving.

I wan6t to get Collection of Mana for Nintendo Switch but with certain things going on I cannot afford it at this time.

Last edited:
I've got a 77 inch LG C2 television on the way. Should be here Saturday

Never imagined I'd drop that much on a TV lmao
i have a LG CX and LG C1. CX was ~ £1,700 and the C1 was ~£1,300. i thought i had lost my mind dropping that kind of money on a TV but it's so fucking good and that's why I ended up getting the C1 for in the living room. if LG done a 27-32" OLED i'd get one of them to use as a PC monitor.

brilliant TVs. had my CX about 2 years now. looks just as good as it did the day i bought it. the C1 has had more use even though i've not had it a year yet and that still looks great. no sign of burn in on any of them. on the CX mostly i've been watching movies/TV shows and playing the odd games. on the C1 a lot of static stuff has been on the screen like news channels (they are the worst thing to watch on an OLED apparently) and it's done no harm.

both are 55". i do wish i got a 65" but it's not that big a problem. plus apparently the 65+ models are more likely to have issues like banding. at least that was the case with the CX not sure about C1/C2 models.

Cyberpunkd

this cheapo phone to use as a work phone.

Dash4G_BWDisplay.png

i was looking to get a smartphone from Xiaomi or Samsung but I can't justify paying £100-300. I need to use WhatsApp and I refuse to sign up with my personal number on my iPhone. Facebook can go fuck themselves. I don't know if WhatsApp will work on this...i'm hoping I can use it on the built in browser. If not then I guess I'm going to need to get a phone with Google Play Store after all... :messenger_unamused: This phone was only £22 so if it's no good it's not a huge loss and I can just donate it to my friend who works with a charity in Africa. They are always looking for phones to take over.
WhatsApp will not work. Also, I signed in to WhatsApp with my personal number - nothing happened for years. I would be much more concerned buying a phone from Xiaomi and Huawei since this is just asking ZhongXina to spy on you.
oZWfN5q.jpg

Arrived this morning!
flame thrower fire GIF

This one was piss easy actually. It's the cave hobo that is PITA.
pjvIHIa.jpg

I want this. I'm 40..it's my #1anime film
I am not much younger than you, also love Macross: DYRL? but please don't do it. C'mon bruh.

Recent purchase:

110369-488-l-ghost-14-mens-neutral-cushion-running-shoe.png

Brooks Ghost 14 - after running in Nike for 4 straight years I didn't know just how badly I used them, first run in these was like a nirvana.

macbook-pro-14.jpg

MacBook Pro M1 14" 16/512GB - computer for the next 5 years. I don't do videos or program but I like the larger screen, new form factor + I almost never, ever buy a base model of anything, since this is where profit margins are highest, meaning you get screwed the most.

Last edited:
WhatsApp will not work. Also, I signed in to WhatsApp with my personal number - nothing happened for years. I would be much more concerned buying a phone from Xiaomi and Huawei since this is just asking ZhongXina to spy on you.

flame thrower fire GIF

I am not much younger than you, also love Macross: DYRL? but please don't do it. C'mon bruh.

Recent purchase:

Brooks Ghost 14 - after running in Nike for 4 straight years I didn't know just how badly I used them, first run in these was like a nirvana.

macbook-pro-14.jpg

MacBook Pro M1 14" 16/512GB - computer for the next 5 years. I don't do videos or program but I like the larger screen, new form factor + I almost never, ever buy a base model of anything, since this is where profit margins are highest, meaning you get screwed the most.
should've waited for the MBP M2.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Kill it with fire!

And why not? The gym crowd will love it!

Jk.

Found a nice vintage one of the VHS boxart =)

Considering how they messed up M2 till now (don't want Air; slow SSD reading speeds; MBP M2 13 is terrible) I'm not sure if this will be an improvement + I needed a computer now.
just joking with you.

i think the base models with 256GB are the ones that suffer with slow speeds. 512GB or 1TB you should be fine. there is thermal throttling issues. i can understand that on an Air but a Pro with a fan there is no excuse.

i was hoping to get an M2 mac but i'm not so sure now. i hate Windows and want to go "Back to Mac" but i don't know.

No worries, we are all friends here.

I have been on Mac for ages, have iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, simply no way I can give all this interconnectivity away.
i had a mac years ago and loved it but went back to windows/android. got an iphone/ipad again and they are great. i want a mac but for one reason or another i can never go for it. i'm waiting for a Mac Mini (M2). I wanted an iMac but 24" is too small for me and Apple expect me to buy their stupid monitor and a mac studio. even if they do come out with a 27" iMac to replace the Intel model then i don't think i'll go for it. i like modularity and if i can just ditch my PC and hook up a mini to my monitor/keyboard/mouse then i'll be happy. i don't want an all in one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven117

flame thrower fire GIF

Recent purchase:

macbook-pro-14.jpg

I run in Brooks Ghosts....They are EASILY the best running shoes I've ever run in. (But yeah, coming from Nike's these must be a dream).

Top Bottom