• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

go do it GIF
ah the magic button

TylerD

I joined the world of Apple Watch ownership Sunday after finally talking myself into it after doing ALL THE RESEARCH post Apple conference. Series 7 45mm aluminum in green. $300 seems like a steal especially because I used some of my Chase rewards cash back to credit my account for what I paid for it, plus a Spigen charger puck holder/cradle, and Anker 20w USB c charger + tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Wa...Case-with-Clover-Sport-Band-Regular/999213440

Thanks Chase, I love it.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I joined the world of Apple Watch ownership Sunday after finally talking myself into it after doing ALL THE RESEARCH post Apple conference. Series 7 45mm aluminum in green. $300 seems like a steal especially because I used some of my Chase rewards cash back to credit my account for what I paid for it, plus a Spigen charger puck holder/cradle, and Anker 20w USB c charger + tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Wa...Case-with-Clover-Sport-Band-Regular/999213440

Thanks Chase, I love it.
Only issue is the series 8 just came out. But, it's $400 so maybe not a big deal. I'm still on the 5 until the Ultra arrives. Apple products last forever compared to most tech. I genuinely love my Watch. It's been the best fitness tracker I've owned. The rest of it is just a bonus for me.

iPhone 14 pro
i'm waiting until next year. neither the 13 or 14 do anything that convinces me to replace my iPhone 12 Pro Max. even if they did then i don't really want to buy another phone with a lightning port. i was a bit tempted to get a 14 Pro Max but because I don't really need it and it's still lightning then I passed.

i'll get a 15 Pro Max with A17 Bionic (3nm) and hopefully a USB-C port. If the time comes and i feel like it's still not worth upgrading then i'll just keep waiting. my phone is working perfectly fine and im still getting good battery life on the new iOS16. in fact it's probably better now lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm waiting until next year. neither the 13 or 14 do anything that convinces me to replace my iPhone 12 Pro Max. even if they did then i don't really want to buy another phone with a lightning port. i was a bit tempted to get a 14 Pro Max but because I don't really need it and it's still lightning then I passed.

i'll get a 15 Pro Max with A17 Bionic (3nm) and hopefully a USB-C port. If the time comes and i feel like it's still not worth upgrading then i'll just keep waiting. my phone is working perfectly fine and im still getting good battery life on the new iOS16. in fact it's probably better now lol.
I come from iPhone X. I would only buy a new iPhone if they change the notch. They did it so… my next iPhone would be when they completely get rid of the notch 😂

I come from iPhone X. I would only buy a new iPhone if they change the notch. They did it so… my next iPhone would be when they completely get rid of the notch 😂
the notch doesn't bother me. i'm waiting for an all display phone but i'll grab an iPhone with the pill/display island thing next year maybe. i don't think we'll get an all display iphone until maybe 2025/26. if you're coming from an iPhone X then you can just stick with your 14 Pro until then. it's been almost 5 years sinces the X came out.

6 body kit parts from Ebay and new headlights from for my Lexus (all of them currently in delivery transit to me):
EDIT: It's actually 7 items because my new 19 inch wheels have not arrived yet from Australia (picture right at the bottom lol)

Rear Diffuser (This is actually my friend's car featured in this Ebay ad lol):
s-l1600.jpg

Headlight eyelids:
s-l1600.jpg

Rear Spoiler:
s-l1600.jpg

5mm wheel spacers:
s-l1600.jpg

Spigot rings for above wheel spacers:
s-l1600.jpg

2nd rear diffuser (because I'm unsure which one I would like on the car):
Copyof_-2021-04-19T220048.138_1000x.png

VLAND headlights:
8_8d111006-38a0-45a5-8c6d-0a92b124e6ac_700x700.jpg

19 inch wheels still on back order from Australia:
242822886_1934771816691055_1200902335886924956_n.jpg

TylerD

Only issue is the series 8 just came out. But, it's $400 so maybe not a big deal. I'm still on the 5 until the Ultra arrives. Apple products last forever compared to most tech. I genuinely love my Watch. It's been the best fitness tracker I've owned. The rest of it is just a bonus for me.

I contemplated getting the 8 but I didn't see it as a big enough upgrade over the series 7 45mm at $300.

fuck the haters i just bought these

3312607060_zm.jpg

only got them to wear in the garden at home. i have some flip flops but i don't like them because they have no heel strap. they don't sit right on my feet and i will trip up. plus my toes don't get protected with them. i have a big cut on my toe from working on the floorboards. these new crocs will protect my toes!

i didn't want to buy boring plain black, white, blue, or red ones. looking about i saw these and i like the blue/yellow highlights. that'll do me :)

Mistake

Pics or it didn’t happen!
I bought this one. It arrived in the evening with a dead battery, so I cut today instead. I did 16mm on the top, 9mm upper mid, then 4mm neck. Once I was confident in what I was doing, it was pretty easy. I put newspaper in the sink for cleanup and used the mirror above it. Only hard part was my neck line. Not big on face reveals, so there ya go
pGTew1Q.jpg

Raven117

I bought this one. It arrived in the evening with a dead battery, so I cut today instead. I did 16mm on the top, 9mm upper mid, then 4mm neck. Once I was confident in what I was doing, it was pretty easy. I put newspaper in the sink for cleanup and used the mirror above it. Only hard part was my neck line. Not big on face reveals, so there ya go

pGTew1Q.jpg
I mean….. not terrible. Good work!

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Samsung Watch 5 Pro

Used it for a couple of days, it's a great piece of hardware. Battery capacity is finally where it should be, can use the always on screen without battery drainage worries. To my surprise I don't miss the rotating bezel on my old Watch 3.

EOgD8km.jpg

TLDR; I like it.

Edit: The LTE / 4G version (=leave the phone behind yet no angst, lol).

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Samsung Watch 5 Pro

Used it for a couple of days, it's a great piece of hardware. Battery capacity is finally where it should be, can use the always on screen without battery drainage worries. To my surprise I don't miss the rotating bezel on my old Watch 3.

EOgD8km.jpg

TLDR; I like it.

Edit: The LTE / 4G version (=leave the phone behind yet no angst, lol).

Did this just release?

TylerD

fuck the haters i just bought these

3312607060_zm.jpg

only got them to wear in the garden at home. i have some flip flops but i don't like them because they have no heel strap. they don't sit right on my feet and i will trip up. plus my toes don't get protected with them. i have a big cut on my toe from working on the floorboards. these new crocs will protect my toes!

i didn't want to buy boring plain black, white, blue, or red ones. looking about i saw these and i like the blue/yellow highlights. that'll do me :)

I'm thinking of getting a pair as well. I wear Oofos original sandals around the house, an older pair that I use for walks around the neighborhood and a newer pair that I only wear inside but I'd like to wear something more airy out in public without showing off my toes.

DonJorginho

Banned
Decided to treat myself and the family after a recent deal I managed to bag with a record company for my beat production

(needed to get that off my chest, been doing cartwheels around the house all day)

3 x OLED Switches (1 for me, 1 for younger sister and 1 for my close friend)

Breath Of The Wild (4th playthrough incoming)
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
That new Kirby game
Splatoon 3
Smash Ultimate

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
Hori Split Pad Pros

Also picked up some new equipment for the studio, mainly some new pedals and some better monitors.

a usb a to lightning cable for my iphone to use in my car for carplay. i only have usb c to lightning cables which is no good. i did have a cable but fuck knows where it is.

100 pack of utility knife blades.

bicycle cover as my current one is ripped and the clip to tighten it is literally hanging on by a thread.

preordered persona 5 royal on switch, not paid for it but it's ordered...cost is £55 but might drop a bit before release.

another month of netflix - £10.99/month

youtube premium - £11.99/month

was going to go buy myself some new shoes for work today but don't know if i'll have time. i could order online but i prefer to go in and try them on. i've not had my current pair for long but they are all worn out already. i have been walking a lot more recently so i suppose it makes sense. i might see if i can get some good walking boots!

taxi rides.

story time: car was due to get an MOT today but i didn't realise the garage i usually go to had been bought out and shut down a few months ago. so stupid fucking me dropped my car off at the old place and left the fucking keys in the car because that's usually what they get you to do. on the phone they said i could drop it off at 7:30AM but they don't open until 8. so time i walked home it was 8 and i phoned them to let them know i had left it and they were like you have left it at the old place you stupid fucking donkey.

i didn't even notice the building was shut down because the car park is round the other side of the building and some of the signage was still up. the new place was 3 miles further out so i had to get a taxi up to the old place to get my car ASAP because anybody could've walked up to my car and took it as the keys were in the door lol. drove 3 miles out to the new place and by then it was about 9AM and i had to be home by 10AM. i could've walked but i wouldn't have got back in an hour. phoned another taxi and the cunt i was waiting on turned up late so i could've just walked back. i have a couple places literally right around the corner from me that do MOTs. i moved house so yeah it's a bit further away but i still wanted to go to this guy i've been going to for years and i know he's good. am i fuck travelling 6 miles for an MOT next year.

A MS Office 2021 lifetime licence digital key.

Exciting huh?
i wanted to get Office because i hate the default Mail app that comes with windows. I'm used to using Office Outlook when in work. i've had many free trials but for some reason i can never get it working on my PC. i always end up uninstalling it and going back to the default stuff.

that was the subscription but if i could maybe get a one off price for cheap i'd consider it again. but then there are rumors that Microsoft is going to update the default apps.

Top Bottom