• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Fools idol

Banned
raided fortnum and masons. Found this gem with a 2024 expiry date for like £5. Bargain! tastes amazing on toast.

CA3051-FF-8136-4893-9641-CDEA74-B79-C78.jpg

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I just ordered 2.5 litres hydrogen peroxide. Going to try and restore my PSX and Dreamcast to their original colors with retrobrighting, if it works out I'll do my Atari ST and the rest of my old computer stuff.

For now I'm just gonna submerge the case in water + this stuff and put it outside on a sunny day, and see what happens.

R5VYwdo.png

Cyberpunkd

Heart Rate Monitor for running, especially inside on a treadmill (pace/cadence on a treadmill is always hot potato)

Odlo running top, I learned the hard way after freezing for the last 5km of a HM, turned out I had wrong clothes that did not keep the body heat when sweat was starting to cool down.

Diablo IV pre-order (Digital Deluxe edition)

Last edited:
diablo iv ultimate edition - £90
screen protectors for my phone - £6
cat drinking bottle - £13

I just ordered 2.5 litres hydrogen peroxide. Going to try and restore my PSX and Dreamcast to their original colors with retrobrighting, if it works out I'll do my Atari ST and the rest of my old computer stuff.

For now I'm just gonna submerge the case in water + this stuff and put it outside on a sunny day, and see what happens.

R5VYwdo.png
is that the stuff you use with UV light? i like watching some restoration videos and they always seem to coat the consoles in something then stick it in a box with UV light. i assume this is the same thing?

raided fortnum and masons. Found this gem with a 2024 expiry date for like £5. Bargain! tastes amazing on toast.

CA3051-FF-8136-4893-9641-CDEA74-B79-C78.jpg
at first glance i thought that was a candle and was confused when i read you saying it tastes good on toast :messenger_grinning_smiling:

iu

Last edited by a moderator:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
is that the stuff you use with UV light? i like watching some restoration videos and they always seem to coat the consoles in something then stick it in a box with UV light. i assume this is the same thing?

You can get a paste, but I'm going to try for a solution with this liquid + water and submerge the whole case in it, as this should give a more even effect, I've seen a lot of examples of uneven brightening when people use the paste.

So I'm just going to fill a tub with a 50/50 solution of this stuff an water, and put it outside on a sunny day. The thing I dread the most is disassembling / assembling the consoles. If all goes well I even have a vintage Atari monitor that I want to process.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ordered an anti-static turntable sheet with the express hope that it helps me reduce the crazy amount of static that gets generated when I listen to records. I've tried a few other things with minimal success. Next step is one of those anti-static guns if this fails.
teac-washi-1_1000x1000.jpg

more lottery tickets. yeehaa. i won £5 and put another £10 in so bought 5 more tickets.

i've never been a big gambler. i've put some bets on football (soccer) but gave up on it because i was shite at it. until the last couple weeks i had never put a lottery on. well maybe once or twice in my entire life. now i'm hooked. seriously thought about dropping about £100 on tickets :messenger_tears_of_joy:

can't think of anything else to buy but i'm sure i'll think of something soon to waste my money on.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
2 x LG DualUp monitors. Easily the best productivity setup I've ever experienced*.

maxresdefault.jpg

* some of the solutions that I've used before:
  1. Ultra wide with laptop open on the side/below
  2. 2 x 4K 27″ screens, one is landscape, one in portrait
  3. 42″ LG OLED TV + 27″ 4K screen in portrait
I have been wanting a double stacked monitor setup for a long time but could never find a decent solution. This looks amazing.

ticket to see blink 182 in september. been trying to get one since they went on sale but they were going for £200+ for standing tickets. got one for £98. it's still a lot but don't think i'll get a much better price than that.

oh and i bought Assetto Corsa on Steam yesterday. Only cost £6 for the ultimate edition. Going to give it a shot later.

ticket to see blink 182 in september. been trying to get one since they went on sale but they were going for £200+ for standing tickets. got one for £98. it's still a lot but don't think i'll get a much better price than that.

oh and i bought Assetto Corsa on Steam yesterday. Only cost £6 for the ultimate edition. Going to give it a shot later.
Concerts are crazy expensive these days. Foo Fighters a while back cost me $400 for the misses and I to go. Worth it.

Got a refund on Alanis Morrisette as she cancelled a number of years running due to Covid. Mises is still pissed at that one but I got some coin back.

Enjoy your show mate.

Last edited:
Concerts are crazy expensive these days. Foo Fighters a while back cost me $400 for the misses and I to go. Worth it.

Got a refund on Alanis Morrisette as she cancelled a number of years running due to Covid. Mises is still pissed at that one but I got some coin back.

Enjoy your show mate.
It's crazy the prices now. I blame ticketmaster. It's more an issue for the bigger artists. Going to see smaller bands in a 1-3k capacity venue is reasonable and I find myself going to those kind of concerts more now. I remember the days you could go to the ticket store and line up to buy them in person. Me and my friends always camped outside the store when tickets for our favourite bands were going on sale. In fact I remember doing it for Blink 182 before they split up in 2005. If you got ther early you'd get a standing ticket no problem and you'd pay the price that was on the ticket.

Not only are tickets expensive it's almost as expensive if you want to buy food or drink. Last concert I was at was £80 for the ticket and £50 on beer. Was almost £10 for a box of chips :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kf0CaUI.jpg

Diablo IV and Resi 4 preorders and a pair of birthstone earrings for the mrs.
I bought that exact air fryer last month! It's amazing. Cooks much faster than my old halogen oven and I'm seeing my electricity usage is lower. My halogen oven took about 30 minutes to cook chips (fries) but the air fryer can do them in about 12-13 minutes. I think the power consumption is a bit higher compared to the halogen but obviously since it doesn't need to be running as long it's using less.

@TintoConCasera

i got an air fryer. i went with the "NINJA Foodi MAX Dual Zone AF400UK Air Fryer"

61WQoPEppgL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

I checked some reviews and it was between either a Ninja or Instant something. Didn't like the look of the Instant ones. I could've got the smaller 7.6L Ninja at £220 but this one is 9.5L and it was £250. So for the extra £30 I might as well get a bigger capacity.

It'll be delivered tomorrow :D

Little Mac

Gold Member
Some VOO and Bitcoin. Enjoyed the D4 closed beta a lot and thinking about trading in my Series S for an X for a better experience when it launches.

Last edited:

gundalf

Got my favourite car out for the first time since winter. Spring is in the air... not quite warm yet here in the north of england but getting there.

Decided to replace the standard silver badge for a satin black one to finish off the look. Stallion baby.

1.png

Sick! When will you tackle the anime waifu wrap?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just moved into our new home and bought the following:
  • LG CS OLED TV
  • Polk R200 bookshelf speakers
  • SVS SB-1000m Pro subwoofer
  • Onkyo TX-NR7100 AV receiver
A 2.1 system adequate for our small living room.

2-1.jpg
My brother, you need to get those speakers off the ground and at ear level.

I think I'm going to buy one of those Ring doorbells. Seem to be a lot of door to door sales people around this area and I'm sick and fucking tired of them. It would be so much better if I could see who was at the door and decide if I want to talk to them or ignore them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

£100-180 for a fucking doorbell is extortionate though.

Barneyco

Cheers.

I plan to. This is my first proper system.

Any suggestions for speaker stands please?
Maybe you could get a couple of small shelves and put them on the wall on each side. I bought brackets for my satellite speakers and they turned out good. The girlfriend didn't complain about it anyway lol.

Joramun

Yes, please get some stands for those speakers. Also, congrats on the new digs!
Thank you!

Will have to convince the Minister of Home Affairs before I purchase the speaker stands.

She cried when I bought the AVR and 2.1 system.

It ruined her aesthetic vision for the living room lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just moved into our new home and bought the following:
  • LG CS OLED TV
  • Polk R200 bookshelf speakers
  • SVS SB-1000m Pro subwoofer
  • Onkyo TX-NR7100 AV receiver
A 2.1 system adequate for our small living room.

2-1.jpg
Does the HDMI go console -> receiver -> TV? Doesn't add perceptible input lag?

Top Bottom