• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

CFck9Bt.gif

Cyberpunkd

I have no idea how I lost my Persol sunglasses, but I can't find them. So I went and bought Oakley Actuator which can do double duty as regular sunglasses and also running ones (no slip, etc.).

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Just ordered a modded X360 (modded because I needed it to be regionfree for the Otomedius games). This will be my first Microsoft console as I've always had Sega / Sony / Nintendo consoles + a gaming PC and never really felt the need. But the 360 has some exclusives I've waited for a long time to appear anywhere else but I don't think it will ever happen.

251300_b39aca39-3263-41a9-adf8-2250b7e087fa.jpg

The games I got with it for now

InfiniteUndiscoveryBoxart.jpg
quantum-theory.5261051010.cover.webp
R.6c88b2965fadc38bddf3f41ea7a65bd2
OIP.oH05RHipFCw9PWFch9D_5AHaKa
ridge-racer-6.1541711010.cover.webp

I probably also need Blue Dragon and Ninja Gaiden II and I'm really interested in hearing further suggestions from you guys!

BossLackey

Gold Member
Just ordered a modded X360 (modded because I needed it to be regionfree for the Otomedius games). This will be my first Microsoft console as I've always had Sega / Sony / Nintendo consoles + a gaming PC and never really felt the need. But the 360 has some exclusives I've waited for a long time to appear anywhere else but I don't think it will ever happen.

I probably also need Blue Dragon and Ninja Gaiden II and I'm really interested in hearing further suggestions from you guys!

Gotta get PGR3

Last edited:
IMG-0738.jpg

IMG-0739.jpg

edit: I also bought £60 Amazon credit to put towards my Tears of the Kingdom preorder so that my credit card doesn't get charged. I could have left it but I wanted to pay it off now and get the money out of the way.

I also bought a book called Grimm Tales by Philip Pullman. I know it isn't his stories but I love his writing.

iu

Last edited by a moderator:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Bro I used to have that AOC monitor, it's super oooold! I think I got it around mid or end of the PS360 generation. But it was a real nice design piece for its time (and usual for the otherwise boring AOC output).

It's a 1080p work horse. I was going to toss it out a few years back but decided to keep it just in case I ever needed it for a device. The Steam Deck came along, and voila.

gundalf

It's a 1080p work horse. I was going to toss it out a few years back but decided to keep it just in case I ever needed it for a device. The Steam Deck came along, and voila.

I gifted it to my brother several years ago and it still makes a great office workhorse indeed.
But for premium quality time like gaming it is, I would treat myself with a nice modern IPS monitor, doesn't even need to cost much, anything will be better than that old AOC, just my 2 cents :)

Still waiting to find out when the hell I'll get my PC parts.

The site I ordered from said they expected stock of the 7950X3D on the 14th. The site didn't show stock on the 14th and I ordered early Saturday morning thinking oh it won't be too long. They did estimate it could be up until today but now it just says "Coming soon". No idea at all how long I'm going to need to wait. They could get the stock today or it could be another 2 weeks.

Another site says they expect stock today and another says by the end of April. So it's all up in the air.

Why the fuck can AMD not get enough stock out? This CPU launched at the end of February and now the 7800X3D is coming that should ease demand on the 7950X3D but I can't find it anywhere. Not even a shitty scalper selling one on eBay. If I could get it from someone for £800-850 I'd pay it but nope.

It also seems that the site I ordered from wont ship out my motherboard/RAM until they get the CPU in stock. So looks like I could be waiting another couple weeks.

This monitor has one pixel near the center that is constantly lit and it is annoying. Dell apparently does a free swap so I guess customer service is in my future.
I can deal with dead/stuck pixels if they are in the corners/edges but if that little bugger is in the center then that won't fly. Get that shit sent back.

My previous monitor was a dell and it had a stuck green pixel but it was off to the side and I only noticed it on white backgrounds, if I was looking for it, and because I knew where it was. If it was a red/blue stuck pixel it would've stuck out more.

I've had so many displays with dead pixels that i just assume they will come with one. You gotta hope and pray that it's not in the middle. That said, my current monitor has no dead/stuck pixels but it's not perfect. It has a lot of DSE (i'm used to it now), some flickering with Gsync, and this artifact that appears for a split second every now and then. I've tried a different cable and have since updated my GPU so i can rule them out. It's either an issue with the monitor or a PCIE issue on my motherboard since I obviously get video from my Nvidia card.

BadBurger

Could be worse. The $1k+ Asus 4K gaming monitor I got for a great deal brand new from Amazon during Black Friday ($790-ish dollars after tax and all) died two weeks after its warranty waned. Asus told me to fix it would cost just about as much as I paid for it. Back to using my old 1440p monitor while I wonder if I should even bother getting a new one, and just play games on my Deck, PS5, and Switch instead.

Could be worse. The $1k+ Asus 4K gaming monitor I got for a great deal brand new from Amazon during Black Friday ($790-ish dollars after tax and all) died two weeks after its warranty waned. Asus told me to fix it would cost just about as much as I paid for it. Back to using my old 1440p monitor while I wonder if I should even bother getting a new one, and just play games on my Deck, PS5, and Switch instead.
Did you try Amazon? What did they say?

They are usually really helpful. They offered me a full refund on a laptop I bought even though it was outside the warranty. I suppose a $1k+ monitor is different from a ~£400 laptop though. I just thought I'd give it a shot with them and they surprised me with asking if I wanted a refund lol.

On the positive side, 1440p ain't bad. I'm happy with my 1440p monitor and don't feel any need to bother with 4K. I did try it but it's too demanding even still today and honestly I didn't think it was that impressive. I noticed it was clearer but I felt like I wasted money on it. a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor is the perfect combo I think.

BadBurger

Did you try Amazon? What did they say?

They are usually really helpful. They offered me a full refund on a laptop I bought even though it was outside the warranty. I suppose a $1k+ monitor is different from a ~£400 laptop though. I just thought I'd give it a shot with them and they surprised me with asking if I wanted a refund lol.

On the positive side, 1440p ain't bad. I'm happy with my 1440p monitor and don't feel any need to bother with 4K. I did try it but it's too demanding even still today and honestly I didn't think it was that impressive. I noticed it was clearer but I felt like I wasted money on it. a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor is the perfect combo I think.

I reached out but Amazon wasn't able to help with that particular product.

I prefer 4K for work, actually, though the gaming side is nice so long as it doesn't make my RTX 3080 sound like it's about to explode. Some games aren't all that demanding at 4K, some are, in my experience.

I may end up settling on a 32" 4K monitor with limitations - like 120Hz instead of 144Hz, no G-Sync compatibility, etc. Shave the price down to around $600. In fact my local Best Buy has one in that price and spec range. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I reached out but Amazon wasn't able to help with that particular product.

I prefer 4K for work, actually, though the gaming side is nice so long as it doesn't make my RTX 3080 sound like it's about to explode. Some games aren't all that demanding at 4K, some are, in my experience.

I may end up settling on a 32" 4K monitor with limitations - like 120Hz instead of 144Hz, no G-Sync compatibility, etc. Shave the price down to around $600. In fact my local Best Buy has one in that price and spec range. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah i suppose 4K would be better if you're working on it. When i tried 4K i had a 2080 and it was LOUD (it was a founders edition so shitty cooling/fans). I have a 4080 now and not only is it more powerful but it runs roughly 25-30C cooler and the highest i've saw the fan go is 32%. My 2080 was at 41% minimum even when doing nothing.

The difference between 120-144hz is very small so if you can find a 120hz monitor (most likely a TV) then nothing wrong with that. I couldn't live with Gsync though.

This is the best keyboard I have used in my life. I got it with brown switches. Its so good to type on it and the sound is amazing.

Its this one, https://www.keychron.com/collection...-k4-pro-qmk-via-wireless-mechanical-keyboard#

IM9uD2b.jpg
numpad and dedicated function/arrow keys? 🤮 jk. nothing wrong that. having to use function key to use F1-0 is sometimes a pain in the ass. function + arrow keys sucks. i still can't get used to it. but i don't miss the number pad.

i have this one

Corsair-K65-RGB-MINI-Review.jpg

Fools idol

Banned

Shtef

You know what, this keyboard is quieter than my previous membrane one.
And yes, no wife and kids 🙂

Last edited:

Lasha

I purchased a throttle after spending years playing sims HOSAK. Moving from keybinds for every thrust setting to a split throttle has been wonderful.

vpc-201-23.jpg

I also just bought my first flat. I had been renting since I started working because interest was more than rent. Rents have gone insane so I decided to hedge. Its been a wild process.

gundalf

87wcGBp.png

I'm breaking my own rule of not posting groceries but I think we can make an exception for this one ;)
It's pretty good but nothing special, it's just plain Haribo's with a different shape.
https://www.haribo.com/de-de/produkte/haribo/super-mario-fruchtgummi

Fun fact: in my youth we used Haribo's as a code word for cigarettes when adults/parents where nearby, haha those fools thought we where crazy for gummy bears :D

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I purchased a throttle after spending years playing sims HOSAK. Moving from keybinds for every thrust setting to a split throttle has been wonderful.

vpc-201-23.jpg

I also just bought my first flat. I had been renting since I started working because interest was more than rent. Rents have gone insane so I decided to hedge. Its been a wild process.
I need one of these and a game to play with it.

Top Bottom