• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Barneyco

cSmmujp.png
cSmmujp.png

It's so nice I had to put the picture on here twice.

Quality Polishing Pads for paint correction on my car:
x4 Cutting Pads
x4 Polishing Pads

So much better quality than the stock pads that came with my dual orbital polisher.

338486638_761276338850260_2286123859066042580_n.jpg

338187769_9443650285652759_7187305175036228538_n.jpg

Last edited:
nintendo-switch-oled-pg.jpg

i had a Switch OLED but the WiFi crapped out. Could have tried repairing it or sending to Nintendo but sold it on eBay (as faulty) and bought myself a new one. there is no way i'm NOT playing TOTK and while i do have Persona 3 on Steam I much prefer playing on my Switch. Also, I want to replay Shin Megami Tensei V and a couple other games. Might pick up Pokemon Arceus too. I still have a lot of use for a Switch.

MSI-RTX-2080-Gaming-X-Trio-Box-and-Card.jpg

Picked this up for cheap as a stop gap until the new gen NVIDIA GPUs are released next year.
what was your previous GPU?

my previous GPU was a 2080 and it kicked ass for about 4 years. when i moved up to 1440p 144hz it managed it well. if you don't care about RTX, DLSS3 or high refresh rate (in anything but esports games) it should do well for a while yet. the only reason i moved to a 4080 was because i wanted better RTX, dlss 3, and high frames. otherwise i'd have run that 2080 into the ground. what a great card.

Last edited by a moderator:

OZ9000

Banned
what was your previous GPU?

my previous GPU was a 2080 and it kicked ass for about 4 years. when i moved up to 1440p 144hz it managed it well. if you don't care about RTX, DLSS3 or high refresh rate (in anything but esports games) it should do well for a while yet. the only reason i moved to a 4080 was because i wanted better RTX, dlss 3, and high frames. otherwise i'd have run that 2080 into the ground. what a great card.
I had an RTX 2080 Ti which I sold last year in preparation for the RTX 4000 series and the 7900 XTX. Used a 1660 Ti in the interim but it really struggles with most newer titles - so had to get a more powerful GPU liek the 2080. I'm happier waiting a year or two for the 5000 series - I'd only really consider the 4080 at <£900.

The 2080 is really a great card tbh - runs every single game I throw at it. Seems almost as good as my RTX 2080 Ti. I'm quite happy with 1440p60 or 4k60 DLSS for the time being.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Did a little round trip to the old country to see my 89 y/o nonno for his birthday. Took a trip to the local stores to buy some things that you just simply can not find at home
in the UK...

from the left, Laudemio organic olive oil of the highest quality it gets.. this stuff is just magic. They only produce like 1k bottles per season or something from the ancient trees. This stuff is emerald green, and so strong that it burns your throat a little on the way down. Decanted this shit straight into the kitchen jars 😎

Then just pistachio cream, artichoke pesto, and 10 year aged modena balsamic vinegar. The best of Sicily, tbh.

BFDF29-B2-79-F4-4-F50-8-DBB-9-C735-BDE4024.jpg

Last edited:

Banned
20230404_020016kncuh.jpg

new mouse... the wheel and middle button on the old one started acting up.
I wish there were gaming mice without a fucking mouse wheel -_- 3 buttons, one for scrolling up, one for scrolling down and one as the middle click would be SO MUCH BETTER... yet noone makes something like that... it's sad...

I hate mouse wheels, they are useless in gaming, and barely useful for anything else, and could easily be replaced with reliable buttons. because mouse wheels always break first.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Why do I see flour tortilla in taco?:messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming:

:sick:

That is not even done in Mexico:pie_neutral:... Except in the state of Coahuila:pie_mrsmith:

Taco shell???? That is used more like chilaquiles or tostadas...

But we never use that torilla in the tacos:pie_fearful:
In Baja as well and along the US/Mexico border. Flour tortillas for the win! 😉🇲🇽 🇺🇲

BTW... Anything Old El Paso is a big L. 😜

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You'll laugh but it goes great with some pesto and my morning stool saves quite some TP. Although a certain poster still has the last laugh =P

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Aww the Cat...

That should like kat 🥰

Came home from the grocery store and forgot her kibble. She has enough mousse and all but old cat old habits. So I was forced to make a kibble run if I wanted any sleep tonight.

Hall sensor analog sticks for my Nintendo Switch. Seem to work fine so far. Of course, a day after I spend more than €30 for the sticks, Nintendo comes out and states they'll now fix joy con stick drift for free...

pNu0RUR.png

But aren't those better anyways? If so I'll take those any day over some replacements that won't last longer then a month tops.

Patrick S.

Banned
But aren't those better anyways? If so I'll take those any day over some replacements that won't last longer then a month tops.
They're supposed to be better, yes. I have only used them for a couple of minutes though. I have one spare hall sensor stick, but if the current one starts giving me headaches I'll put the original in again and send the thing to Nintendo for a repair/replacement.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well, I wasn't going to update my computer for another few years but some stuff popped up that requires me to have a nicer computer at my disposal. I picked up an M2 Mac Mini and a new monitor. For the monitor, I went for a non-gaming one. I'll keep my current one for any 144hz gaming and use it as a second, portrait monitor if my desk space will allow.

I went for this monitor. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Go_Ly_Dow

nice. where is the matcha from? I been using Clearspring here in the UK for their organic ceremonial grade powder but the shit comes in the tiniest fucking tin ever I run out within a week.
Afraid I get the same as you, the 40gram refill from Amazon which is cheaper than the tin! £10.49 currently with the £2 voucher.

If you want a bit more bang for your buck, whilst sticking to ceremonial grade, then Pure Chimp is actually quite good. More subtle taste compared to Clear Spring, you can get 2 x 50g for about £23, it used to be £15 ;(

Otherwise, you can get premium grade matcha, usually about £10-15 for 100grams on Amazon. I believe this is better for desserts and sweet matcha drinks. Still tastes great I'm sure.

Top Bottom