• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

dorkimoe

for science
master1_100270620_alt4
i will vouch for this. got one last year, fucking awesome. No more splatter of guts and its fun. feel like its easier than a fly swatter

anthony2690

IMG-20240622-081012234.jpg

Granted persona 4 golden was ordered last year but only recently arrived.

I ordered a load of t-shirts and shorts from bad rhino, as my old t-shirts are absolutely massive on me, and I'm down to 1xl shorts now 🤯😁

& Now I'm getting nothing but bad rhino adverts on neogaf haha

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't get many gifts on this year's birthday, so I bought some shit myself. :lollipop_tongue:

91FP3mldc0L._SY385_.jpg

SandLand's manga. Been oogling at it and the art looks great, can't wait to read it.

81foOfaLz1L._AC_SX522_.jpg

A grinder for uuuuh... the herbs I use when cooking! It works great, turns that shit into shreds in no time and with barely any effort.
First time I have a metalic one too, always went with plastic ones but the last one I got was so bad I decided to upgrade.

I finally pulled the trigger on a full racing simulator.

GTL7pVQ.jpeg
If I may ask, what was the overall ballpark cost? My teen son wants to source parts and build one together. He loves Assettto Corsa. One of his mates/dad has a $15K setup and I'm not going anywhere near that for our first rig.

Looking forward to Corsa Evo with a rig and VR potentially.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
IMG-20240622-081012234.jpg

Granted persona 4 golden was ordered last year but only recently arrived.

I ordered a load of t-shirts and shorts from bad rhino, as my old t-shirts are absolutely massive on me, and I'm down to 1xl shorts now 🤯😁

& Now I'm getting nothing but bad rhino adverts on neogaf haha
Better than horse cocks

lem0n

If I may ask, what was the overall ballpark cost? My teen son wants to source parts and build one together. He loves Assettto Corsa. One of his mates/dad has a $15K setup and I'm not going anywhere near that for our first rig.

Looking forward to Corsa Evo with a rig and VR potentially.
The rig itself was ~800 USD from Advanced Sim Racing. Peripherals were ~2500. All Simagic from Sim-Motion. Seat is from Corbeau, it's an actual racing bucket seat, this was ~500. I needed this particular seat as I'm a big guy and this is big guy friendly. The TV I had, that's an LG C2 42''.. I cannot remember the price of these, I've had it over a year now.

I'd say if you end up building a rig- prioritize a good chassis, then pedals, then seat, and then everything else. Pedals and a stable chassis are paramount. A good and comfortable seat is also important. I'd suggest an NRG Prisma for a cheap bucket, or even going to a junkyard and pulling a bucket seat from a GTI or WRX or something.

You can PM me if you want/need more help I'm happy to assist

The rig itself was ~800 USD from Advanced Sim Racing. Peripherals were ~2500. All Simagic from Sim-Motion. Seat is from Corbeau, it's an actual racing bucket seat, this was ~500. I needed this particular seat as I'm a big guy and this is big guy friendly. The TV I had, that's an LG C2 42''.. I cannot remember the price of these, I've had it over a year now.

I'd say if you end up building a rig- prioritize a good chassis, then pedals, then seat, and then everything else. Pedals and a stable chassis are paramount. A good and comfortable seat is also important. I'd suggest an NRG Prisma for a cheap bucket, or even going to a junkyard and pulling a bucket seat from a GTI or WRX or something.

You can PM me if you want/need more help I'm happy to assist
Cheers for the solid details mate. Appreciate the help too.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Business books, need to brush up on some concepts:

Getting to Yes
Getting to Yes: The Workbook
Getting past No

Also some French negotiation book, I can already see it’s shit.
Sounds like those are about dating lol, specially the "French negotiation" one. :goog_relieved:

anthony2690

Preordered for the PC, PS5 would have been my first choice before the PC version was announced, but they ended up selling out and not really into XBOX console, but that too is selling out now, kind of glad I waited as it would have been my first choice.

9l5xzpe.jpeg
God, I wish I had the spare funds for this 😍
Definitely my most hyped game this year!

Cyberpunkd

Dad buy AF

Timberland Ortholite shoes without laces, I have an old pair that I need to throw away. Same pair was on sale for 62€, couldn't pass it. The shoes are incredibly light and comfortable, especially if you need to run quickly to take out thrash or to the store, pointless to waste time to tie the shoes.

I always thought a led light strip would wash out the colors on my projector screen. I finally decided to see just for shits, and the light really doesn't seem to make it back to the screen. Not noticeably at least. The PS5's running light is more noticeable.

yyDPYxQ.jpeg
V9FZWwo.jpeg

Attending Anime Expo now so these next few days are going to be a wonderful nightmare on my wallet however I did luck out big time with this figma figure:

figma-fate-grand-order-avenger-jeanne-d-arc-alter-shinjuku-ver-max-factory.jpg

She's been a nightmare tracking down for a decent price brand new and not pre-owned and she usually gets a combined with shipping price to total over $120+ at best when she did not sell for that much when she first went on sale. I was very lucky not only finding a booth that had this several year old figure in stock but had her sub $88 with no tax (via cash payment) which had me snapping her up before anyone else could see their mistake.

Also being at AX had me run into this:

yf19__70527.1705613750.jpg

I cannot express how tempted I am at the moment.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I can't say I just bought them but I was thinking earlier today that there are two things I purchased "recently" that I use much more often than I ever thought I would.

shopping

Dash mini griddle. I have used this thing almost every day since I purchased it. Mostly for making a single, fresh baked cookie but also for making fried eggs. Obviously, I would not recommend for more than one person. People tend to get angry if you only make one cookie for yourself.

81qUHmm7I4L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Ninja 7-1 griddle/grill combo. Once I learned to never use the presets, this thing has been fantasic. Set to manual, set the internal temp of the meat, done. I do not use this daily but at least once a week.

Top Bottom