• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
He "Liked" the article about him on Facebook...

Either he has absolutely no awareness about the implications of being under NDA, or he uses this as a marketing campaign for his game. Or both.

He is still alive.

Barely.

image.php

So yeah, it's intriguing how all this is happening today:

- Rosti's teased "leak", whatever it ends up being.
- Bplus randomly posting a leak on Facebook
- Reddit "leak" of another EA Star Wars game with NX among its platforms

A sign of the reveal approaching at last?

Don't know what to think. He says its interesting from the concept but who knows if it will click with the audience like DS or Wii. And Animal Crossing we will see probably at launch. 8D

But who knows if he doesnt just tell me shit to keep me quiet?^^

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

The reveal of the ballrooms in a certain hotel will happen next week.

Don't know what to think. He says its interesting from the concept but who knows if it will click with the audience like DS or Wii. And Animal Crossing we will see probably at launch. 8D

That officially puts this rumor at the Shit rating.

I see lots of Animal Crossing amiibo on store shelves. Makes sense Nintendo would publish a proper sequel this year, as the two spinoffs don't seem to be enough to push them.

There can't be animal crossing at launch surely? They just released two AC games, another surely wouldn't be ready in time

One of those is certainly fake, one is extremely dubious at best, and we've repeatedly been told not to expect much from Rosti.

There's no trend here, other than people's increasing desperation to learn ANYTHING about the NX.

So not only is Joe Q. Indiegame the only identifiable person on the planet to own an NX dev kit, but he also has indepth knowledge of Nintendo's launch plans too?

I assume he got all of this from his uncle that works at Nintendo. Either that or he's absolutely full of shit.

TheJoRu

I'd say it's a sign of everyone knowing it will be revealed this year, thus getting increasingly hype/anxious/batshit crazy every passing day that it hasn't been revealed. So now every single mention of NX is suddenly incredibly interesting.

Banned
I really, REALLY hope that this is true. It's the thing I want the most for the NX.
Hnnnnng
His account is already banned. He is dead. The game is vanished from the face of planet earth. Nintendo hacked facebook and deleted that aswell.
Naw he's in Kimishima's basement
Holding multiple items in Mario Kart. Left shoulder selects the throwing item, right shoulder the one held behind. Meta mario kart.
Fuck yes, this times 10k.
At least he didn't feel any pain.
Physically, no. Mentally, Miyamoto will skull fuck him and break him down into shambles.
this "leaked" star wars game says "releasing for ... NX"

dun dun dun

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175417

X gun give it to ya!

TheMoon

Frostbite game on a Nintendo system. Right.

Man, this rumor is giving me the biggest feeling of Déjà Vue...

Well, technically it being Frostbite is irrelevant with NX since it's safe to say the featureset will support that engine now (just as well as UE4).

I guess the cpu isn't horribly slow:p

That was from 4A, the Metro guys.

How can a indie possibly know about an animal crossing game?

Speculating the obvious, just like us. I mean, who hasn't figured that the next Animal Crossing will be an NX showpiece which lets you play the same game on the go and on your big TV with seamless progress transfer?

He seems to be a nice guy but I doubt he is telling me the truth. I mean...who would talk to a stranger about the NX anyway? But if i would send the chat to IGN we would get a lot of news in the upcoming days.

AGoodODST

Could there possibly be example assets with the dev kits? Tech demos?

Is that practice common? I wouldn't know but it seems unlikely. Just seems like a dude playing it up for attention.

I mean, if it was in the original comments then eh, it's still unlikely, but the fact he said it after he was asked for more information, when sites were already picking up on on it, screams bullshit to me.

Banned
The star wars rumor is bs. Shades of Wii U running Crysis 3 (frostbite 3) rumors going around back in 2012. Good times, good times.

TheMoon

The star wars rumor is bs. Shades of Wii U running Crysis 3 (frostbite 3) rumors going around back in 2012. Good times, good times.

Crysis 3 ran on CryEngine (duh^^) and was pretty much ready to ship when EA pulled the plug.

You're probably thinking of Battlefield 3 which was on the third party reel in 2011.

Banned
As someone who lurked the WUST and got approved right after the E3 2012 reveal, I've learned not to hype any positive news about a Nintendo console and not feel too down about anything negative about the NX. Although to be fair, I haven't heard bad things about the NX yet while by this time with the Wii U we got "the cpu just isn't very powerful" or the classic "not enough shaders".

As someone who lurked the WUST and got approved right after the E3 2012 reveal, I've learned not to hype any positive news about a Nintendo console and not feel too down about anything negative about the NX. Although to be fair, I haven't heard bad things about the NX yet while by this time with the Wii U we got "the cpu just isn't very powerful" or the classic "not enough shaders".

haaaaa, good old times. How time flies.

edit : For now we have the 900P/60FPS. A lot of people have predicted that this leak is true and that Nintendo may be doomed.

Pif

Banned

Then, you don't belong in this thread, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom