• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As someone who lurked the WUST and got approved right after the E3 2012 reveal, I've learned not to hype any positive news about a Nintendo console and not feel too down about anything negative about the NX. Although to be fair, I haven't heard bad things about the NX yet while by this time with the Wii U we got "the cpu just isn't very powerful" or the classic "not enough shaders".

Well, nobody asked Bethesda yet about NX.

Edit: I joined GAF also after being a lurker in the WUST threads.

TheJoRu

IGN breaking NEWS : ANIMAL CROSSING CONFIRMED FOR NX LAUNCH!!!

On this week's Game Scoop:

"So Animal Crossing is rumored, no wait confirmed, to be a NX launch title. What is your take on this? Is Nintendo abandoning the hardcore, and therefore doomed?"
"I don't know, a lot of core Nintendo fans like the series. But I don't think it matters, Animal Crossing won't lure the hardcore CoD-audience away from the Xbox One and PS4. So they are doomed unless they go third party."
"Wasn't the NX confirmed to work with PS4 and PC?"`
"That's true. Maybe not so doomed, then."
"900p/60fps, though."
"Oh, right. Doomed."

There have been no leaks whatsoever and some indie developer suddenly starts talking about the NX. Suspicious.
I dunno why, I have this bizzare feeling as of late that Nintendo is gonna pull a Saturn/Apple and say NX is out now at e3. And this coming from someone who figured a 50/50 chance of 2017 earlier. I am fine either way tho, simce I'm content with 3DS & WiiU and would be for many more years. But just a general odd feeling.

Dont make a new thread, too many implications.

First off its vague, the mods will let it run for 4 days then its done

Then the assumptions, "EA doesnt have a devkits but indie devs does? Nintendo doing it wrong again!"

Dude takes an L from the Nintendo Ninjas™ and bad stuff happens. (lol)
Well I most certainly could Believe Nintendo values indies more than EA. i could see Indies getting them first.

Vena

As someone who lurked the WUST and got approved right after the E3 2012 reveal, I've learned not to hype any positive news about a Nintendo console and not feel too down about anything negative about the NX. Although to be fair, I haven't heard bad things about the NX yet while by this time with the Wii U we got "the cpu just isn't very powerful" or the classic "not enough shaders".

The funny thing is, unless Nintendo goes batshit insane and pays someone more money to make them worse chips, they effectively cannot have a worse CPU than the twins this time around. (That says more about the twins than the NX though.)

One last interesting thing in our chat...his first game "Plättchen" was the first announced Third-Party WiiWare title...so maybe they keep their tradition alive and he is the first one on NX. ;) Only time will tell...oh and he just GUESES Animal Crossing will be a launch title. We misunderstood us there...

Banned
Crysis 3 ran on CryEngine (duh^^) and was pretty much ready to ship when EA pulled the plug.

You're probably thinking of Battlefield 3 which was on the third party reel in 2011.
The only thing EA did unprecedentedly was pull out so quick.
haaaaa, good old times. How time flies.

edit : For now we have the 900P/60FPS. A lot of people have predicted that this leak is true and that Nintendo may be doomed.
900p/60fps is fine with me. Playing games on the XB1 I haven't noticed the difference between native 1080p and 900p. It looks good to me. Granted if I had the exact two same TV's side by side, one running a game 1080p and the other 900p I might be able to tell. 720p I can tell easily.

The point is most Nintendo games run at 60fps and have such cartoon like art styles that photorealistic graphics aren't necessary, so less detail is needed on the screen and that could be the difference between 1080p and 900p.

I'll tell you this, most gamers won't know the difference if it were true (it's not) and I'd take 900p60 over 1080p30 all day :)
It's coming, stay tuned.
The NX doesn't have enough transistors. Only 4 billion compared to Xbox One's 5 billion. Underpowered console confirmed.
Then, you don't belong in this thread, son.
Every Nintendo thread needs it's reasonable ones.
Well, nobody asked Bethesda yet about NX.

Edit: I joined GAF also after being a lurker in the WUST threads.
Haha that was classic. Or Miyazaki laughing when someone asked if Dark Souls was coming to Wii U.
I forget, is it 'X' above head, or at the chest for this one?
It's above the head according to Greg Miller.
I dunno why, I have this bizzare feeling as of late that Nintendo is gonna pull a Saturn/Apple and say NX is out now at e3. And this coming from someone who figured a 50/50 chance of 2017 earlier. I am fine either way tho, simce I'm content with 3DS & WiiU and would be for many more years. But just a general odd feeling.

Well I most certainly could Believe Nintendo values indies more than EA. i could see Indies getting them first.

The NX is available now! It's in that rock, inside that tree, in your theatre seats, it is your PS4 and XB1. Feel the NX surround you, it binds us together.

Pif

Banned
One last interesting thing in our chat...his first game "Plättchen" was the first announced Third-Party WiiWare title...so maybe they keep their tradition alive and he is the first one on NX. ;) Only time will tell...oh and he just GUESES Animal Crossing will be a launch title. We misunderstood us there...

Can you ask him what resolution his NX game runs at ?

The funny thing is, unless Nintendo goes batshit insane and pays someone more money to make them worse chips, they effectively cannot have a worse CPU than the twins this time around. (That says more about the twins than the NX though.)
I mean, the same thing was said of Wii U.

Banned
That was Bamco's Takeshi Miyazoe, not Miyazaki :) (Q was about Dark Souls II which Miyazaki was not involved in)

Oh true. I just remember it was some dark souls presser. How embarrassing for Nintendo lol. That 18 months of silence did not help that console's image at all. Going so silent after that terrible E3 2011. Man what was Iwata thinking at E3 2011 and 2012.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Even if Rosti himself said to not get excited, I'm waiting for his next posts. Pretty curious about them.

Banned
July 2016:

Wii U OS update 6.0

- Allows NX compatibility with SCD
- Stability improvements

3DS OS update 11.0

- Stability improvements

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
July 2016:

Wii U OS update 6.0

- Stability improvements

3DS OS update 11.0

- Stability improvements

I'm confused by this. If this is speculation, why do you expect the Wii U and 3DS to get patches that allow the NX to work with the SCD? If it's an NX to SCD thing, why would Wii U and 3DS be involved at all?

Banned
Speculation?

Let's not.

Edit: Oh July. Never mind, carry on.

I'm confused by this. If this is speculation, why do you expect the Wii U and 3DS to get patches that allow the NX to work with the SCD? If it's an NX to SCD thing, why would Wii U and 3DS be involved at all?
Relax guys, it was humour to ease the tension. Lol. It is speculation on my part. It would make sense if the NX was just a controller and SCD that uses already existing Wii U architecture and 3DS architecture to boost performance. It makes sense according to the "absorbing Wii U architecture" comment Iwata made.

The handheld of course being its own thing but the SCD could make the Wii U a console base station. I don't know, I'm talking about of my ass now.
:p

TriGen

Everything still shows up for me. Were people joking?

Shows up for me too.

BTW, Kissenkopf earlier said that he chatted with him and the dev said that he announced the first Wiiware title -- do we know if this 100% true? I'm just wondering because this guy talking like this is obviously fishy so it would be nice to fact check some of these claims. I couldn't find anything about the first announced Wiiware game on a quick search.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
July 2016:

Wii U OS update 6.0

- Stability improvements

3DS OS update 11.0

- Stability improvements

Speculating on your speculation, it wouldn't make sense for 3ds, they would want to sell some millions new handhelds out of the gate together with those SCDs.

Illucio

Banned
July 2016:

Wii U OS update 6.0

- Stability improvements

3DS OS update 11.0

- Stability improvements

If NX is a service like Steam but for Nintendo games this would make sense.
I would love it if my Wii U became NX capable and being able to hold off from upgrading for another few years.

Banned
Speculating on your speculation, it wouldn't make sense for 3ds, they would want to sell some millions new handhelds out of the gate together with those SCDs.

True. But I can see them doing that for Wii U.

Essentially only having a handheld SKU and selling SCD's separately. And combining the SCD with an existing Wii U or bundling them with a new Wii U ensures those things will sell finally and the Wii U BC is native.

Clefargle

True. But I can see them doing that for Wii U.

Essentially only having a handheld SKU and selling SCD's separately. And combining the SCD with an existing Wii U or bundling them with a new Wii U ensures those things will sell finally and the Wii U BC is native.

Never gonna happen, sorry but they clearly want to distance themselves from the Wii/U branding. They also need to ditch the Wii U BC. They can do it via emulator later down the line, it won't make or break their launch, 10m Wii U owners are not all gonna buy SU's to get half a NX and keep their BC.

TheMoon

Shows up for me too.

BTW, Kissenkopf earlier said that he chatted with him and the dev said that he announced the first Wiiware title -- do we know if this 100% true? I'm just wondering because this guy talking like this is obviously fishy so it would be nice to fact check some of these claims. I couldn't find anything about the first announced Wiiware game on a quick search.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/wiiwares-gonna-be-great-56k-26239327/
it was definitely among the first wave. fun fact, the game was supposed to have DK Bongo support according to this but NCL declined: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Plättchen_Twist_'n'_Paint

Shows up for me too.

Looks like he wasn't lying about that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why do you people keep saying he was banned or he closed the Facebook account, everything is still there.

Are you on mobile or something?

TheMoon

Why do you people keep saying he was banned or he closed the Facebook account, everything is still there.

Are you on mobile or something?

Someone said the post was gone and his FB was banned and nobody cares to fact check because it would confirm hot ninja action which is way more exciting :)

TriGen

Looks like he wasn't lying about that.

Thanks for clearing that one up guys.

BTW, someone asked him how "Nicki Rock N Ball" would look on Steam and he responded by saying "I wonder how it would look on NX systems." He really seems like either an indie dev that's just such a huge Nintendo fan that he just can't hold back, or he likes bringing up the NX for attention.

To be clear he said systems, plural, which of course connects to the NX console and NX handheld speculation. The more he says the more it sounds like he's just riffing based on speculation that's out there about the NX.

Yeah. The post is still up, as is his Facebook. I'm also chatting with him right now about implementing face tracking in Bit Boy on the 3DS. Interesting stuff. You can change the camera angle in the game by moving your face and viewing the screen from different angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom