• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
A screen you can draw on? I dunno.

It makes sense if there are dual analogs and a mouse wheel under at least one index finger.

Edit: Probably two mouse wheels. What does the wheel do in this game? Rotate what key/direction the colors are assigned to?

He implies he has a NX version of the game already but is making a PC version to release the game early on Steam because he doesn't want for the release of the NX to release his game.

That's an assumption, not a fact. It could have been modified before a line of code had been written, precisely because he didn't have a kit to develop on. Modified can mean a lot of things.

Banned
Ok everybody calm down. This isn't that big of news. It just confirms indies have dev kits and have some of their games up and running on it.

We can't be sure yet, which is why we have to stay cool about this, and not blow up every potential bit of Info, or else the floodgates will be shut before they even started to open up.
People can't help themselves. A few strategic releases of fake information are all it will take for Nintendo ninjas to destroy leakers.

TheJoRu

I'm going out for a snack. There better be news confirming specs, release date, primary color, and a pic of Kimishima wearing his best yellow tie holding the system up when I get back.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm going out for a snack. There better be news confirming specs, release date, primary color, and a pic of Kimishima holding the system up wearing his best yellow tie when I get back.
Take your time with that snack : )

They prob should not still be banned, Minecraft is coming to WiiU now, which they reported early on and the reason they got banned. They also were the ones who took the photo of the Mario Maker leak before that E3

Broken clock is right twice a day...... They just posted that CES NX rumor and that was shot down here very fast and no evidence of it being true. They also posted a rumor in 2014 that Nintendo was going to update the eshop that same year with a subscription service for there VC games, never came true.... Of course it's also wishful thinking.

Vena

This game seemingly confirms a dual analog/twin scrollers for the NX, otherwise I am not sure how else you'd have more discrete degrees of freedom than a PC with potentially ten fingers able to act (though no one ever makes a game in such a way).

Analog+Scroll is a lot of operational degrees of freedom to just two fingers.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ok everybody calm down. This isn't that big of news. It just confirms indies have dev kits and have some of their games up and running on it.

The news would be that an indie got it before big publishers or somehow the big pubishers are able to stop NX leaks when they usually can't stop their own ones.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The news would be that an indie got it before big publishers or somehow the big pubishers are able to stop NX leaks when they usually can't stop their own ones.

The news would just be that we've heard that indies have dev kits before we've heard that majors have devkits. Doesn't mean majors *dont* have devkits.

This game seemingly confirms a dual analog/twin scrollers for the NX, otherwise I am not sure how else you'd have more discrete degrees of freedom than a PC with potentially ten fingers able to act (though no one ever makes a game in such a way).

Analog+Scroll is a lot of operational degrees of freedom to just two fingers.

I should play the 3DS game to get a better idea, but watching the video, it seems WASD are mapped to the 4 colors. Your left and right mouse buttons are another control option for those same 4 colors with the wheel rotating which colors are mapped to the two buttons. Hmmm.

Gyro and/or touch to move the pointer?

jmizzal

Broken clock is right twice a day...... They just posted that CES NX rumor and that was shot down here very fast and no evidence of it being true. They also posted a rumor in 2014 that Nintendo was going to update the eshop that same year with a subscription service for there VC games, never came true.... Of course it's also wishful thinking.

Yea they post rumors but so does IGN, Kotaku and every other big site and fan site

The Minecraft was there own rumor, was it related to the real minecraft WiiU, idk

Also the Mario Maker rumor was there own rumor, which a lot of big sites picked up on

Hermii

It looks like you are changing colors with the mouse wheel so how is there twice the amount of colors? Simple. There are two scrolling wheels.

It looks like you are changing colors with the mouse wheel so how is there twice the amount of colors? Simple. There are two scrolling wheels.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. The mouse seems to be just another option for laying those blocks mirroring WASD basically. Still, we need to remember that this game was created with NX controls in mind, so maybe the wheel is an indicator of that.

muteant

i'm dense, and can't think of many practical uses afforded by scroll wheel shoulder buttons (besides item selection). for instance, what purpose would they serve in mario kart? smash bros? 3D or 2D mario? and are they really so game-changing that it's worth shoehorning a mechanic in games to take advantage of them? some smart people really seem to like the concept, and i would love for them to elaborate on why.

Mr Swine

Banned
i'm dense, and can't think of many practical uses afforded by scroll wheel shoulder buttons (besides item selection). for instance, what purpose would they serve in mario kart? smash bros? 3D or 2D mario? and is it really so game-changing that it's worth shoehorning a mechanic in games to take advantage of them? some smart people really seem to like the concept, and i would love for them to elaborate on why.

Can be a fast and easy way to change weapons or choose items in menus perhaps?

His account is already banned. He is dead. The game is vanished from the face of planet earth. Nintendo hacked facebook and deleted that aswell.

_DSC4191.jpg

i'm dense, and can't think of many practical uses afforded by scroll wheel shoulder buttons (besides item selection). for instance, what purpose would they serve in mario kart? smash bros? 3D or 2D mario? and are they really so game-changing that it's worth shoehorning a mechanic in games to take advantage of them? some smart people really seem to like the concept, and i would love for them to elaborate on why.

It makes sense in contexts like this game where the mouse has two buttons and 4 inputs are necessary. Seeing as Nintendo likes to simplify controls...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Holding multiple items in Mario Kart. Left shoulder selects the throwing item, right shoulder the one held behind. Meta mario kart.

It could open up new concepts for new kinds of games. We shouldn't always just think about Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom