• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's even the point to get PS5 Pro when every game looks and feels like PS4 upgrade?

Bernardougf

thats fine. i just dont care for people who make threads like this and say games still look like ps4 games when its literally not true.

i hate that sony is charging an extra $700 to give us fidelity plus 60 fps when they couldve gone with a 14 tflops console for $599 that wouldnt have had this issue. but no they wanted to target that $399 pricepoint and now they are being too greedy and trying extort hardcore gamers who actually want ps5 fidelity graphics at 60 fps.
Agree with you entirely about the price tag... but I think they are course correcting this mistake with the pro and establishing what probably will be next gen prices and higher specs. Maybe not 700 dollars... but doing this will make the next console at 599 feels much more palatable.

I for once wouldn't mind paying 700 for a high spec ps6 that would last me 8 years

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
again, for the 700th time, you dont have to buy it. Just ignore it then.
Of course you don’t need to buy it but it is a product that is being sold. What is the point in it?

Do you want every developer to bankrupt themselves further increasing the graphics?

Do you want £100 games?
That makes no sense.

Do you know PC exists and games are generally cheaper than console?

It’s not going to bankrupt developers to increase visual quality or improve FPS.

Last edited:

fersnake

let me tell you a secret... every game on ps4, ps5 or pc is the same just the fidelity or the performance changes. nothing is gonna change at least 20 yrs from now.

I love my ps5 slim. 10 months ago I got it with a drive and Spider-man 2 for $499. I think I got an Amazon gift card with it too. Regardless, I installed a 2tb WD Black SSD a few months later and I think I’m just gonna stay with that setup for the rest of the generation.

I was super excited for the Pro but the price tag was such a shocker. They could’ve atleast included a game like GT or Demon Souls that really takes advantage of the new tech.

Yup ...i wouldve happily bought the Pro at this ludicrous price point (it's really $800 for anyone with phyical ps5 discs too) if they had ai upscaling that improved every game. Instead they up today with 15 titles and no promise that there will be many patches coming down the line...like are you f'ing kidding me Sony?! Not even games like Cyberpunk 2077 (a game every console enthusiast would love to see in all its RT glory)! No mention of upgrades for high profile recent games likw Black Myth, SW Outlaws, or Space Marines 2?

What they showed was paultry and should instill nobody with confidence that our libraries will see real improvements ... fucking pathetic way to show why this thing is worth $800

Yup ...i wouldve happily bought the Pro at this ludicrous price point (it's really $800 for anyone with phyical ps5 discs too) if they had ai upscaling that improved every game. Instead they up today with 15 titles and no promise that there will be many patches coming down the line...like are you f'ing kidding me Sony?! Not even games like Cyberpunk 2077 (a game every console enthusiast would love to see in all its RT glory)! No mention of upgrades for high profile recent games likw Black Myth, SW Outlaws, or Space Marines 2?

What they showed was paultry and should instill nobody with confidence that our libraries will see real improvements ... fucking pathetic way to show why this thing is worth $800

I do hope Cyberpunk gets a patch.

papoluca12

Neo Member
After 4 years into this gen,there is no game that even feels like a proper "next gen" or UE5 game in terms of graphical fidelity,level design,physics,AI..

Absolutely no reason to even get PS5 Pro let alone splash 800€ on this..

Worst gen ever,i think and hope proper next gen will start with PS6/Next Xbox
What’s the point of getting an expensive graphics card? People want their games to run and look better.

RCU005

Generational lines have been blurred now with visuals, the iterative tech and the digital accounts/the cloud etc...

This is a lame excuse. Graphics have always gotten better. I remember as a kid playing Final Fantasy 8, that I thought It would be impossible for anything in the future to surpass the graphics of the FMV.

However it's not only about graphics. Even if graphics stayed the same (which at this point they look pretty good, TBH), there's world design, level design, cinematic direction, interactive cinematic (where you are actually fully controlling the character but it looks and feels like a cutscene), enemy AI, PHYSICS (where's all the object destruction that was present during PS3?), gameplay loops, they could even have add buttons and different ways to play like Nintendo does). There's a lot that they can do without even touching the graphics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom