• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the worst video game related present you got for Christmas?

Christmas 2009 I got this present:

dzG05cn.jpg

I tried to like it, I really did, but is bad, really bad.

My sister got it on the clearance section in my country.

Omali

Animorphs on the Gameboy. I was such a big fan of Animorphs the books and shows at the time so this seemed like a done deal, and it was awful.

Trunx81

Not getting what I wanted. Wished for a couple of Game Boy Games. My brother got two, I got a Queue for playing Billard. We had a table in the basement and I loved to play, but for me it was the worst Christmas ever. While my brother got to play Super Mario Land 3 - Wario Land.

ReBurn

Gold Member
s-l600.jpg

No idea who got me this or why, but it was one of the few SNES games I owned as a kid and thought it was an indecipherable mess and never got through the 2nd fight. I played the shit out of it tho. It wasn’t until years later I realized it was from an established IP in japan.
I grew up watching dubbed reruns of the original Ultraman series. I was so excited for this game.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I bought most of my bad games. My parents never gave me a bad one. And my wife would not buy them for me.

dont think I ever got a bad video game gift.

MrA

Every year my brother gives me one of those crappy xxx in 1 portables as a gag, technically trash but I love searching for the rom hacks and trying to figure out the hardware by appearance alone.

Someone gave me a Phil Spencer Waifu pillow as a joke. Not the worst thing I've ever gotten but it's creepy.

Then again it was a secret santa thing so it's probably my fault that Phil is staring at me while I game.

Last edited:

havoc00

Someone gave me a Phil Spencer Waifu pillow as a joke. Not the worst thing I've ever gotten but it's creepy.

Then again it was a secret santa thing so it's probably my fault that Phil is staring at me while I game.
did you get an elevated amount of wet dreams after having it in your bed?

Shifty1897

In 1999 I asked for Metal Gear Solid and got VR Missions instead. I was bummed and told my mom but wasn't a dick about it, two days later she returned the game and got me MGS.

Trogdor1123

I’m going to take this very liberally. I got a house coat one year and as I often same in a house coat while relaxing, it’s now gaming related. At first, I was super disappointed, who wants a house coat? Well, after a couple days I was in heaven. It was the worst, but became one of the best.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Pretty sure I'm going to get the collectors edition of Curse of Strahd tomorrow. Which sucks because my DND group has been playing Curse of Strahd for 8 years.

Krathoon

Used Tandy TRS80 with a box of pirated games. That was a shared present with my 2 brothers. I'm not really pissed at my mum, but at her asshole colleague who offloaded it on her when she must have mentioned wanting to get a computer for her sons for Christmas.
Ha. I got a TRS80 Color Computer 2 long ago. Really, I should have got some games. Didn't it take cartridges?

Kings Field

Ghostbusters the game for NES. What a fucking piece of shit.

In all fairnesss my grandparents got it for me. I was hyped as a five year old and then trying to play that shit was horrible.

The Stig

I asked for a gameboy and I got:
s-l640.jpg

You know the nes version and how it's tough as balls? this was way WAY worse.

Top Bottom