• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where are you guys getting your SF3 sprite-rips?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Whoa, what the fuck? Albeit I've never played SF3 before, half of those characters just don't look like Street Fighter characters to me.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yeah after 100 iterations of #2 they decided to kinda clean house of the old characters and keep a couple legondary ones in. Definite different look with a definite differnt gameplay feel. Probably why it bombed in the US arcades.

nomoment

I'm actually pissed because SF3: 3rd Strike is now getting more attention at GA because of SFAC.

Where were you guys four years ago?!

XS+

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Whoa, what the fuck? Albeit I've never played SF3 before, half of those characters just don't look like Street Fighter characters to me.
Yeah there are a few unorthodox nontradional martial arts characters in the roster, but SF has had those before (Blanka, Bison, Rose etc.)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
RevenantKioku said:
Street Fighter III >>>>> *

aoi tsuki

jett said:
Real gamers own a Dreamcast. THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE.
Yeah, pretty much. Sad thing is though, i bought Third Strike for DC (same with W Impact) as an import, and out of all my 2D fighting fan friends (who all owned DCs) only managed to get one hooked on it. He was AIM a week or so ago and told me another one of our friends finally started parrying.

i'm glad AC is finally getting people to enjoy the game, but at the same time it amazes me how many "fighting fans" missed out on the game the first time around.

XS+

Banned
I've never seen a fighter catch on as slow as 3S did. Only the most hardcore of fighting fans were playing and praising this game back in 99, then it seemed to steadily rise in popularity starting in late 2000 (DC release), right around the time arcade vendors were moving the cabinets out of the arcades. I blame the deluge of Capcom fighters saturating the market on 3rd Strike's belated rise to fame ( such as Vampire III, MvC, SFA3, etc.; I vividly remember back in 99, seeing tournament regulars at my local arcade playing the living hell out of several A3 cabinets like it was a life-or-death situation, while the all the SF3 machines were empty and neglected. What a bunch of lemmings)

Shoryuken

Ploid 3.0 said:
Where was capcom four years ago? Oh that's right, on DC and select arcade rooms -_-

Dude there's is no way you're a true fighting game fan if you didn't own a DC. It was the only system with MVC 1&2, Soul Calibur, SF3 (all it iterations) and many other fighting games. I have to agree with Jett on this one, If you were serious about fighters you would have owned a DC.

XS+

Banned
If you were serious about anything arcade-based from 1999 to mid-2003 you owned a DC. That statement doesn't really hold up today though.

XS+

Banned
I wonder, did Capcom do this (dump all their arcade games on DC, then wait a few years to port them all on current consoles) on purpose, to give the DC some some sort of posthumous credibility? It's not like arcade ports take years to make, and we all know everyone would drop their DC like a hot potato if all those arcade games were already available on other systems. Capcom did say they'd support the DC to the end, and they made good on their word.

Just a slightly fanboyish thought.

Top Bottom