• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which fast food restaurant gets a bad rap?

PixelatedBookake

I've found that, whenever a chain restaurant is brought up in any contest you will have people who will praise it to the high heavens and people who will shit on it relentlessly. This is often the case online. Is Papa Johns REALLY that bad? Is Subway as terrible as everyone says it it? Does anyone get so hungry they could eat at Arby's... or do they eat there because they like Arby's?

I think Papa Johns gets a bad rap. I like local pizza places and I know they are better than Papa Johns in every way or whatever, but Papa Johns is still tasty, just not on the same level. I still like Papa Johns.

What fast food restaurant do you think gets a bad rap?

honestly Mickey D's has really serviceable coffee and in the morning if I haven't had breakfast or time to make coffee, a coffee and a parfait is perfectly tasty and runs me less than three bucks.

SMattera

Arby's is pretty good for what it is. It's not an everyday type thing, but most of what it offers can't be found elsewhere. Definitely one of the better traditional fast food spots.

Subway has always been terrible. But 10 years ago, it was cheap and terrible. Now it's expensive and terrible.

Kenai

I don't like actually going to White Castle very much but when I go there the places are always spotless and the food is made right then.

On GAF it'd be Taco Bell though I think.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It has to be Taco Bell. It's practically impossible to mention the name without a diarrhea joke being made by someone. This isn't just on GAF either – it's a pretty common target for comedians, late night shows, etc.

For sure McD. It certainly has its own taste but it is far from gross or inedible. Cheeseburgers , fries, apple pies, and ice cream cones all good and very cheap.

Lenz44

Banned
Arby's. That shit is my go to when I'm bored with the regular fast food-ish things or when I get a craving for it. Their Roast Beef and Cheddar is a great go to, especially with curly fries. Although the fact they got rid of their smaller versions really sucks and replaced them with sliders that have way more bread and way less meat. They at least usually run a 2 for $5 on some big sandwiches, so you can a lot of food for cheap.

It has to be Taco Bell. It's practically impossible to mention the name without a diarrhea joke being made by someone. This isn't just on GAF either – it's a pretty common target for comedians, late night shows, etc.

I was raised on authentic Mexican tacos, I make them myself with carnitas and tripas, Taco Bell is fine every once in a while.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They all do, according to a shit ton of people in Gaf, all fast food places are disgusting.

Lenz44

Banned
Arby's is pretty good for what it is. It's not an everyday type thing, but most of what it offers can't be found elsewhere. Definitely one of the better traditional fast food spots.

Subway has always been terrible. But 10 years ago, it was cheap and terrible. Now it's expensive and terrible.

Man, in college during the months where *any* footlong sub was 5 bucks was my jam. Chicken bacon ranch or subway melt for 5 bucks? Sign me the hell up. I got to a point where the people knew my order when I walked in.... that was not a good day. But I got to eat a lot for cheap and that made life a little easier in college.

Hazmat

Arby's. They offer a fast-food tier incredibly plain roast beef sandwich. It's good for what it is. Several popular (well, once-popular) TV shows trashed it, and now it's an internet joke among people who have never even eaten there.

Hydrus

Chick- Fil A. With everything you read about them, you think they are this white- Christian serving only, homophobic, racists institution that breeds hate. But the reality is, they hire some of the most diverse, nicest kids. Seriously, fast food workers shouldn't be that nice, happy, and respectful. They have great, fast service. And most importantly, the food is freaking awesome.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
All of them.

People are hyperbolic, especially behind a screen.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
For a place that I frequent a lot: Taco Bell. It's got decent prices, a nice value menu, a good variety of options, and they're the only FF joint that serves Mountain Dew: Baja Blast.

For a place that I don't go to often, but still don't mind: Arby's. Look, they're not terrible, okay. Might be slightly pricey and their meat's a bit dry, but I can totally dine there if there's no other place that's open or in walking distance.

I'd say McDonalds and Subway for sure.

These two however...deserve every iota of hate that goes their way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Arby's is the butt of a lot of jokes but their product has improved tremendously over the last decade.

SMattera

Man, in college during the months where *any* footlong sub was 5 bucks was my jam. Chicken bacon ranch or subway melt for 5 bucks? Sign me the hell up. I got to a point where the people knew my order when I walked in.... that was not a good day. But I got to eat a lot for cheap and that made life a little easier in college.

I think it was 07' or 08'? Almost every footlong was $5 every single day. I was an undergrad, and would get a footlong for dinner almost every night. it was a decent amount of food and cheap. Then they want to that $5 footlong only in February and October around 2010ish? Then they eventually got rid of that.

Now I have no idea why you'd eat at Subway unless you're starving and it's literally the only place open.

Dunno about rap, but I do know McDonalds is a place to rock

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDFaEBjA7PU

Bad rap implies unfair treatment
If Taco Bell is consistently giving you stomach troubles - that's in you, not them. It's the most tame, middling sort of processed food. God forbid you taste authentic Mexican food, your colon would probably implode and level Manhattan.

I'll also go to bat for Denny's. Is it excellent food? No. But it's damn cheap, and is open at 3am. Not just for take out - full dine-in experience. It does the job.

Arby's is good.

Arby's and Wendy's definitely my go to during long road trips where I need some sort of guarantee of quality. Can't chance a random mcdonalds off the exit

hydruxo

Papa Johns. I don't think their pizza is that bad at all. I like their thin crust pizza.

Also, I'll echo Arby's too. Roast beef sandwich with Arby's sauce and some curly fries. Good stuff.

zerotol

Banned
McDonald's bad wrap

4288686211_4b4274206e.jpg

LOLDSFAN

Chick- Fil A. With everything you read about them, you think they are this white- Christian serving only, homophobic, racists institution that breeds hate. But the reality is, they hire some of the most diverse, nicest kids. Seriously, fast food workers shouldn't be that nice, happy, and respectful. They have great, fast service. And most importantly, the food is freaking awesome.
This.

The people who derail Chick-fil-A threads are the only ones who breed hate.

hydruxo

True. They do a great job of hiring employees. Definitely the most well kept and organized of any fast food chain I've seen.

norm9

Arbys. Their french dip sandwich is good if you want a wet and salty samdwich. It's real filling. Along with the curly fries, arbys sauce and horsey sauce, they are always disrespectrd.

And I didn't even start to talk about their other sandwiches and meats.

Taco Bell I suppose. I don't much like it, but it's an unfair generalization that Taco Bell gives you diarrhea or whatever.

This.

The people who derail Chick-fil-A threads are the only ones who breed hate.

I'm not gonna contribute to your ironic would-be thread derail, but talking about an organization that still donates to anti-LGBT organizations and saying that the company's critics are the only people breeding hate is... misguided, to say the least. :p

EulaCapra

Arby's.

Great food for a fast food joint. But most if not all of the stores I've been to happen to be ghetto and run down as hell.

Top Bottom