• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which fast food restaurant gets a bad rap?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Arby's.

I like Arby's and they possibly have the best onion rings.

Screw the haters.

We make a lot of jokes about Arby's but I really mean them. I think it's genuinely wretched. And I'm still confused at how Taco Bell simply changes the order of layering of five ingredients and gets to call it a new dish. Eventually they're literally going to announce a dish that is simply another dish reversed or upside down.

I had no idea Arbys got a bad rap, so since that's the case that's my pick. I would have gone with Little Caesar's otherwise

Jon Stewart did a lot to perpetuate that on The Daily Show with joke "endorsed by Arby's" segments, which were hilarious, but he even admitted it didn't make sense to make Arby's the butt of all those jokes.

wsdgo1g5tyf08ovaexfb.jpg

634447487_1280x720.jpg

arby.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAANUAAAAJGY0MTU4MTRlLTg1YmEtNDg2NC1iNzBmLTM2ODU2MmRlYjhiZA.jpg

29227.jpg

1438918742_10075961+1newarby080715.JPG

Most of them really. Especially Taco Bell.
Arby's has good food but the problem is that it's crazy expensive for what it is. When I get coupons in the mail is the only time I'll even remotely consider going there.

Chick- Fil A. With everything you read about them, you think they are this white- Christian serving only, homophobic, racists institution that breeds hate. But the reality is, they hire some of the most diverse, nicest kids. Seriously, fast food workers shouldn't be that nice, happy, and respectful. They have great, fast service. And most importantly, the food is freaking awesome.

Yep. Plus and again you can blame this on "Christian values", but they treat their employees very well...least what I have heard. The pay is slightly above other fast-food places, Sundays off plus some major holidays, free food on days they work, etc.

The food is actually really good I know we eat it 1-3x a week (really like the salad). With that said it seems almost cultist when you go in, everyone is so nice its almost creepy. Really sucks that they support shit tier politics though.

Ponn

Banned
We make a lot of jokes about Arby's but I really mean them. I think it's genuinely wretched. And I'm still confused at how Taco Bell simply changes the order of layering of five ingredients and gets to call it a new dish. Eventually they're literally going to announce a dish that is simply another dish reversed or upside down.

Well, I mean they just had a double chalupa, which was just one chalupa.

Every national fast food/pizza chain. Seriously, there's a reason they have national success. I don't deny that there is usually a better local option, but there isn't a single national fast food or pizza place I would call "bad". Subway and Taco Bell for sure get the most unjustified hate on GAF though

CDV13

I never knew Arby's was disliked either! Luckily, I have never had bad experiences digestive wise there at all. Also, their curly fries are phenomenal pieces of food artwork.

Chick- Fil A. With everything you read about them, you think they are this white- Christian serving only, homophobic, racists institution that breeds hate. But the reality is, they hire some of the most diverse, nicest kids. Seriously, fast food workers shouldn't be that nice, happy, and respectful. They have great, fast service. And most importantly, the food is freaking awesome.

Just about most of these types of kids/people they are come from local churches FYI. Its fairly known that church teens and 20 somethings desire to work at Chic-Fil-A as their entry level job given the Christian faith that runs the company. Like, Christian media gloats about the company and its values so it attracts that crowd. But these nice kids you're meeting are most likely church kids in the work force. Most of the music they play in store are instrumentals to Christian pop radio songs too FYI.

But ya, it is mostly subtle and people wouldn't know any different.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Most of them really.

I don't particularly like KFC or Burger King though.

The Arby's mentions make me sad because I liked Arby's but I haven't seen one near me in ages.

Edit: Apparently the nearest Arby's to me is about a 45 minute drive away.

Just about most of these types of kids/people they are come from local churches FYI. Its fairly known that church teens and 20 somethings desire to work at Chic-Fil-A as their entry level job given the Christian faith that runs the company. Like, Christian media gloats about the company and its values so it attracts that crowd. But these nice kids you're meeting are most likely church kids in the work force. Most of the music they play in store are instrumentals to Christian pop radio songs too FYI.

But ya, it is mostly subtle and people wouldn't know any different.

Around here they just take any HS kid that needs a part time job.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
KFC. Their potato wedges and mac and cheese are some good trashy food. They changed the tenders though, so maybe fuck them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Arby's-They have easily the best fast food onion rings, and the turkey/ranch/bacon and BLT's are great.

Taco Bell-yea, it's not authentic, but everything there still tastes great. Crunchwrap supreme and gordita crunch especially are my favorite.

Subway-It's always trashed as being pure garbage. It's definitely not the most high quality sub you can get, but they are always fine.

Subway is how I manage to live every day because I can feed myself for 6 dollars a day. Trust me, it's way, way better than some of the other post-divorce foods I've been shoving down my throat.

TacosNSalsa

White Castle and Taco Bell seem to get brunt of the bathroom jokes in my experience . I don't think I've ever eaten any fast food that has bothered me . While I don't care much for Taco Bell , White Castle is freaking amazing at 3 am !

Tigress

Ok, are we asking bad rap or undeserved rap?

Bad rap : Chipotle

Undeserved? Rm, I dunno... I eat at places with bad raps but I'm not sure I'd say they were undeserved ( I just I like junk food).

Vibranium

Banned
Taco Bell. American Taco Bell in particular is incredible, much better deal than the stuff we get in Canada. When the dollar was at par we would get tons of stuff from there over the border.

I had a coworker chide me for eating McDonalds for lunch. "You know that stuff's poison right?" She literally ate donuts and a soda for lunch.

Mupod

McDonald's is better than people say.

I actually had not been to a mcdonalds since I was a kid until last weekend. I got some kind of angus burger and it was pretty good, although the best part was not having to talk to a human to get it - and it showed me exactly what would be on the thing so I could safely avoid pickles. That touchscreen shit should be everywhere.

Papa Johns is even worse than people say it is.

McDonalds, Subway, Taco Bell, and Jack in the Box all beat out their reputation, imo.

Pizza Hut. It's not the best pizza in the world or anything but I'd pick it over Domino's and most of the other big chains.

Poppy

mcdonalds is such a juggernaut that i almost dont think it matters what you say about them, though considering super size me did some work on them in the past maybe i am wrong. i do like mcdonalds quite a bit tbh

i have never been to arbys so i cant say whether or not they truly are terrible

round these parts it is probably taco bell. i dunno if its a joke or whatever but yeah.

taco bells food is basically all the same thing in different configurations, but so is something like dominos so who cares. either way taco bell has never made my digestive system explode and their food is just fine, i certainly dont think theres anything particularly wrong with it. its a generic american take on mexican food which many households basically replicate on taco night, at least my parents do. and its fine, not particularly exciting but serviceable

Elaine is right, Arby's is gross.

0ZFW8A.gif

---

the Pepsi Co chains deserve the hate because they are inconsistant as fuck depending on the franchisee, you can have a super nice KFC at an airport but then have a run down dump KFC on the side of the road. Taco Bell and Pizza Hut suffer the same problem. Good ones and there are aweful run down ones.

Taco Bell, at least here. You’d think half of GAF comes down with dysentery from eating a taco from there.

LOL half of gaf goes to Taco Bell to get PlayStation codes, gets mega diarreah, poops in the shower, doesn't actually shower, uses baby wipes, then posts about it.

zulux21

It isn't, it tastes like cardboard.

you have some very tasty cardboard.

I would say mcdonalds.... but with this forum hands down taco bell gets a bad rap.

it's decent tasting and the cheapest place to at that this point since they actually still have a dollar menu unlike mcdonalds.

Arby's and Subway seem to get a lot of hate here, I always really enjoyed them both, even if they're a little too expensive I think.

Chipotle seriously surprised me with how much hate it gets here too. Though I suppose some of that is warranted. Their food is still tasty to me though, so I'll continue to go there and enjoy it.

I do legitimately dislike McDonalds though. Some of their breakfast food is okay and I do like their snack wraps, but otherwise it's just not very good. Same with Taco Bell and I used to love both of those places.

In Taco Bell's case, I've gotten sick one too many times after eating it to want it again.

Feels like everyone shits on mcdonalds but I've been eating there my entire life and I think I've had one burger in that whole time that was bad, otherwise its least ok and otherwise pretty damn good.

CHC

McDonald's.

I mean, I almost never eat there but if chicken nuggets, fries and a nice cold root beer isn't one of the best airport meals then I don't know what is. Nothing wrong with some good old McD's every now and then.

McDonald's, at least the UK variant.

Its not something I'd eat every day, but the quality is consistent and its cheap and fast.

Personal favourites are the McChicken sandwich or a double cheeseburger and medium fries (£2.49!).

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
While I agree with people naming Arby's, I think that they deserved the bad rap back when The Simpsons first joked about them. That was a long time ago.

Top Bottom