• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game will sell better: Halo 2 or Zelda GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I think it's really obvious that Zelda GC will sell better than halo. Judging by OoT sales, this new Zelda it likely to sell more. Zelda is also the more popular franchise, so i thinks it sure that Zelda GC will sell more.

Teddman

psycho_snake said:
I think it's really obvious that Zelda GC will sell better than halo. Judging by OoT sales, this new Zelda it likely to sell more. Zelda is also the more popular franchise, so i thinks it sure that Zelda GC will sell more.
I think Halo 2 will sell better. You should be judging by Wind Waker sales, not OoT sales. The new Zelda looks great, but it is coming rather late in the GameCube's lifecycle.

SantaC

Halo 2 will sell better. But which game who will be better is another story ;) Nintendo have green light to take a long time with this game, and don't forget Aonum's quote saying that he want to create a Zelda that surpasses OoT in popularity.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SantaCruZer said:
Halo 2 will sell better. But which game who will be better is another story ;) It's starts with a Z.

If by Z you mean H for Halo 2, then yes, you are right.

wazoo

There is no proof that Zelda GC will sell like Zelda OOT. SMS sold less. 1080 and Wave race sold much less. MK sold less. There are more games on the GC and the userbase is less.

As for Halo2, after all this hype, if it sells less than 10M on the first day, people will be disappointed.

SantaC

dark10x said:
If by Z you mean H for Halo 2, then yes, you are right.

art_duke_no_way_150.gif

:D

Lukas

Banned
hmm considering Halo 1 has already sold over 4 million world wide and still selling 80-100k every month to this day 3 years later, and Wind Waker is no where near the numbers Halo 1 is producing, you have to be an uber Nintendo fanboy to think the new Zelda will outsell Halo 2

Lukas

Banned
the starter of this thread should be asking himself if zelda is a more popular franchise why is SSBM outselling Wind Waker 2 to 1 ?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
jarrod said:
America: Halo 2
Europe: Halo 2
Japan: Zelda
World: Zelda

...sorta like GC Vs XBox. ;)
that was true until June NPD showed up. Now, Xbox is in second place. I'm sayin this and I'm a Nintendo fan

ge-man

Halo will outsell Zelda. The NPD just came out a couple of days ago and Halo 1 mangage to sell 100,00 copies. People are buying Xbox for that name alone. This phenomenon does not exist on the GC.

Teddman

No, leave the thread open. It's a Nintendo fans' conspiracy, they do not like attention to be brought to the fact that Halo is now a bigger franchise than Zelda.

Discuss.

Greekboy

Banned
psycho_snake said:

Yes. Wind Waker proved you to be so right. Great logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom