• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which upcoming 5 v 5 shooter will find the biggest console audience?

Which will find the bigger audience on consoles?

• Concord

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Valorant

Votes: 56 70.0%
  • Frag Punk

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Marvel Rivals

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters

Spyxos

Gold Member
Probably Rivals. The others I find rather uninteresting. Valorant could also become quite large if the controls are good.

Valorant easily. It already has an established community.

With Marvel Rivals it might last for quite some time but it will probably die in the end.

Others - probably no chance to succeed.

Mossybrew

I dont know of anyone in the console scene excited for Valorant, I think it will do mediocre business and the vast majority of players will remain pc. My vote is for the Marvel game cuz, well its Marvel and these characters still have big mass market appeal.

//DEVIL//

I am sticking with cod for multiplayer 6 vs 6 hardcore like I always have been for the last 2 generations almost .

I also like the changes they just made too in terms of physics .

Also, lol @ concord

Last edited:
Probably Valorant but I really don't know how it's going to play on controller. You need precision and headshots. Crossplay will suck I reckon.

Fbh

Marvel I guess since as far as I know it's F2P, right?.

Valorant has the advantage of being very popular already but I don't know how well it will translate to console (seme way Counter Strike was never really that big on consoles)

wipeout364

I dont know of anyone in the console scene excited for Valorant, I think it will do mediocre business and the vast majority of players will remain pc. My vote is for the Marvel game cuz, well its Marvel and these characters still have big mass market appeal.
I’m excited for it so there’s one person. I trust Riot to work hard to nail the controls. If they do Valorant will be huge. Game is massive on PC for a reason and that is a much tougher market to break into then console with much more competition.

Barakov

Valorant is too hardcore for consoles. Marvel has the best chance.

You’re going to be branded a bigot for not playing Concord.
I get branded a bigot for literally everything else so I mean....
El Presidente Shrug GIF by Barstool Sports

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Valorant - Opponents are on screen for ~1 percent of your playtime.

Marvel Rivals - Opponents are on screen for ~70 percent of your playtime.

The games do seem to be quite different from that perspective. My vote goes to Valorant because it plays great on console and it's already huge on PC.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I thought Valorant was already on consoles. Surprised to learn that it was exclusive to PC all along.

MiguelItUp

Probably Valorant, though I never really understood the appeal of Valorant. I feel like I would've appreciated it more if it strayed away from the CS influences. Sometimes I forget how "big" it is, because I just don't pay attention to it.

I want it to be Marvel Rivals because I was surprised it was as good as it was, at least in the playtest. Hopefully they don't screw that up. But it's likely they will somehow.

Marvel is the obvious choice but I want Fragpunk to find it’s audience because it seems like the most potentially fun game in terms of mechanics.

Top Bottom