• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"why doesn't Nintendo stop those people selling bootlegs in malls?" -they are now

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
http://biz.gamedaily.com/features.asp?article_id=8246

Today, in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, Nintendo announced that it filed action against two companies, its officers and employees after receiving tips from more than 400 fans about counterfeit products being sold illegally in malls across the country. The court has issued a temporary restraining order against the import and sale of video game systems containing counterfeit versions of Nintendo games.

According to court order, U.S. marshals have been told to round up and seize as many of these counterfeit systems as they can find at shopping mall kiosks in the western Washington area. Furthermore, Nintendo is supporting multiple federal criminal investigations, and U.S. Customs has already assisted by confiscating literally tens of thousands of the infringing devices. Had the products gotten through Customs and entered the country, it's likely that they would have joined the many other illegal systems on sale in malls across the nation.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I said I was sorry!

Edit: Actually, I see now that I didn't. But I am sorry... so does that count?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
shuri said:
Now crackdown on the real problem -- flash linkers

They should also go after Ebayers. Lots of people selling imports at low cheap prices...obviously pirated GBA games

Top Bottom