• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Party Makeshift |OT|

Stumpokapow said:
But it is aimed at us. Most of us have played at least one or two Mario Party games. Most of us didn't like Mario Party 8 and would love a party board game for the Wii. I do think it's a bit premature to complain about a game that hasn't really been revealed much yet, but unlike GAF's gnashing of teeth about Wii Fit or Ubisoft's My <x> Coach series, I think this is absolutely a game targeted at many people here.
I don't know that it's so much aimed at us or is a shotgun blast that includes us.

m3k

seady said:
Nintendo definitely made less Mario themed spinoff this generation.
They seem to reposition Mario back into a platformer and not an athletic, party animal or whatever.

they have mii's to replace now... generic nintendo characters/avatars have been around a while now but its a good thing if mario use is scaled back to more core mario games

and since everyone has played wii sports the mii's and their character style is accepted

[Nintex]

So is this briefing going on right now or is it already over?

Last time we got both The Last Story and Xenoblade.

[Nintex] said:

It's half 9 at night in Tokyo, so I think this is done and we're just getting snippets from it now. I'd hope there might be a bit more to come yet.

Baconbitz said:
I dont see that happening. There is a 99.9 % chance of this being released in America.
So what you're saying is that there's a chance it won't be released. That's a relief.

[Nintex] said:

I'm holding out for a Wii Music 2 announcement. Hell yeah!

Baconbitz

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
So what you're saying is that there's a chance it won't be released. That's a relief.

I'm holding out for a Wii Music 2 announcement. Hell yeah!
I mean that there is 99.9% chance of it coming out in the states.

[Nintex]

Cosmonaut X said:
It's half 9 at night in Tokyo, so I think this is done and we're just getting snippets from it now. I'd hope there might be a bit more to come yet.
Nice, those investors Q&A things are mostly very interesting and I guess that everyone will ask Iwata about the 3DS and why Hishi no Kirby is on the release lists again. It's their money he's pumping into some Kirby game for the last 6 years or so. :lol

JKBii said:
This is bullshit. Mario Party > *
vo7mmh.gif

My Wii parties with friends are getting stale, so a new quality (?) party game is welcome.

Hopefully it supports Motion Plus.

And yeah, I immediately thought that this game could be positioned as a Wii Play 2 of sorts (including Wiimote+MotionPlus bundle).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
[Nintex] said:

Cosmonaut X said:

the entire transcript of the briefing is online in english and was well before either of you posted :p

jay

Seriously, I play casual games but this is a little disappointing coming from Nintendo. Years into Wii's life I'd like to see new, exciting things being done with motion control, not something so lacking in inspiration. Maybe at E3 they'll show some innovative or even revolutionary software, but this seems like Nintendo "doing the easy." And they couldn't have chosen a more generic name. I hope Wii Shooter comes out next.

Maybe I'm overreacting and had this been called Mario Party 431 I wouldn't have cared about it.

Would of prefered mario party but im not to worried. I have been looking forward to a GOOD party game.

My only concern is that this game will be ugly like some other wii_ games like wii fit.

Edit:
jay said:
Years into Wii's life I'd like to see new, exciting things being done with motion control, not something so lacking in inspiration.

We haven't seen the game so we have no idea what sort of motion control ideas are being used.

jay said:
Seriously, I play casual games but this is a little disappointing coming from Nintendo. Years into Wii's life I'd like to see new, exciting things being done with motion control, not something so lacking in inspiration. Maybe at E3 they'll show some innovative or even revolutionary software, but this seems like Nintendo "doing the easy." And they couldn't have chosen a more generic name. I hope Wii Shooter comes out next.

Maybe I'm overreacting and had this been called Mario Party 431 I wouldn't have cared about it.

all we know is that is a party game... we dont know how is it handled

i expect a far better wiplay for more people... so i expect it to be very simple games yet very polished

on the other hand the game BINGO ins mentioned so mmm

jay

AdventureRacing said:
We haven't seen the game so we have no idea what sort of motion control ideas are being used.

Fair enough but I remain skeptical that the motion control in a game containing such innovative ideas as Bingo, Roulette and a love tester will be anything groundbreaking.

Mt Heart Attack said:
? Seems like America to me.

edit: there is even a soccer ball in Brazil:p
Didn't noticed it was a globe, lol. Yes, pretty much Brazil, Amazon forest and soccer, missing hot girls, though.

The other interesting question is who will be developing this. Which team is free at the moment? I doubt this will be outsourced to Hudson (all Wii xxx games so far have been EAD-developed, haven't they?).

TunaLover said:
Mario Party with Miis :D
Hopefully it take advantage of the M+ and vitality sensor.

it has a love tester "game" so probably it will use the vitality ...also some one earlier posted a pic of a love tester gadget from nintendo sooo

thefro

nincompoop said:
*Insert snarky Call of Duty comment here*

Iwata actually mentioned Call of Duty a couple times in the investor's briefing as an example of a rare game on competitor's console that had a "long tail".

Mael

jay said:
Fair enough but I remain skeptical that the motion control in a game containing such innovative ideas as Bingo, Roulette and a love tester will be anything groundbreaking.

vitality sensor?
ok i got nothing...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I think it's good that they don't use Mario for this. While Mario might've helped the game, imo it's better for the brand's value if he's kept away from such games as much as possible.

And @Diablos54: Why does my browser show me two different gifs of that red-haired girl on the same page as your avatar?

wrowa

I hope this isn't planned to be Nintendo's big holiday game this year. Sure, Nintendo hasn't developed a real party game in years, but the 3rd parties have flooded the market with cheap ones. I wouldn't take it for granted that Nintendo's casual audience will get excited over yet another minigame collection just because it has the word "Wii" in its title.

This kinda reminds me of Wii Music...

TunaLover

Starchasing said:
it has a love tester "game" so probably it will use the vitality ...also some one earlier posted a pic of a love tester gadget from nintendo sooo

My bad, I missed that post =P

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cosmonaut X said:
The other interesting question is who will be developing this. Which team is free at the moment? I doubt this will be outsourced to Hudson (all Wii xxx games so far have been EAD-developed, haven't they?).

except *snorts* wii chess, yes

ead1 hasn't done anything since mario kart wii
ead2 hasn't done anything since wii sports resort (and they did ws / wp / wm / wsr, so they're the leading candidates)
ead3 is on zelda wii
ead4 just released nsmb wii so it'll be a while for them
ead5 did wii fit plus, no idea what they're working on now
ead tokyo is on galaxy 2

so it could really be 1, 2, or 5 depending on dev time

jibblypop

Banned
I like the Mario Party games so if it's as good as some of those were then I will grab this. If not, then I won't. No big deal really.
I don't see a problem in Nintendo making more of these as long as it's entertaining.

Top Bottom