• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Party U |OT| Next gen knitting

Davey Cakes

its' easy to understand reading some reviews if it happened also to you to be in that situation, plus, I personally know other reviewers.
I wasn't talking specifically about these reviews for this game, in fact.
I would hope that most reviewers at least get a decent amount of time with the multiplayer.

I already browsed Wii Party U's modes. The vast majority require 2-4 players. I could not imagine reviewing this game mostly based on a single player experience. It does the whole thing injustice.

Exile20

I would hope that most reviewers at least get a decent amount of time with the multiplayer.

I already browsed Wii Party U's modes. The vast majority require 2-4 players. I could not imagine reviewing this game mostly based on a single player experience. It does the whole thing injustice.

I would believe that. Wii Party U isn't a high profile title so why waste time on it. I do not even think they played all of the minigames.

maxcriden

Huh. That's really odd.

I was surprised too. I'm guessing it'll go eShop after a month or something. I guess whereas TLOZ: WW was digital early to boost eShop sales and coincidence with the bundle coming out, this is physical early to push physical sales of the console for people who like this kind of game. Maybe they think it'll be that much better with the stand (and that most people could use the extra Wiimote+?).

Nintendo just uploaded a brand new trailer for Wii Party U. It shows a lot of the new stuff (mini-games, modes, and stuff). Warning : may contain celebrities like famous tennis players. Watch at your own peril.

YouTube.

Uuh one time they show a normal Wiimote and then they show a Plus one. Confusing :|

1382653758-wii-party-u-remote.jpg

I have Game & Wario and Nintendo Land and have had a lot of fun playing with my partner (and Pikmin 3's multiplayer). Is this fun to play 2-player? We're getting 3D World for 'Christmas' but we can't decide whether to get Wii Fit U or this. We don't have a balance board.

When I was at HEB Plus yesterday, they were selling the game early. Would have got it too if I didn't already have it payed off at Gamestop.

More reviews, HERE WE GOOO!:

Pretty polarizing so far. Seems like if you love games like this you'll be into it, is my impression. I am a Nintendo fan that tries to stay pretty objective, usually enjoys all things Nintendo, and I find personally usually find Nintendo Life's reviews to be most similar to my own opinion on a game.

If you have no friends you might hate it. If you have imaginary ones you might also hate it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wii Play was the worst game I ever played and I LITERALLY must have thrown it away, since I have no idea where it is now.

Thank you. People give that "game" a free pass since it's a pack in $10 game with a remote, but it's seriously one of the laziest games I've ever played. And no, Tanks does not redeem anything.

I've never played the first Wii Party so I am hoping this is going to be lots of fun (by myself ;_;). Really interested in the gamepad games.

oti

Banned
Got the code and downloaded the game yesterday. (My Wifi and my Wii U really don't like each other. Had to change some settings to make the download bearable. Oh well.)

I'll try the game this weekend with a larger group of people. Yesterday I tried some of the new Tabletop games with a friend. We went through the smallest ones (2 minutes each). Was fun, but some of them are so much better than others. Even worse, some remembered me that the Wii U's GamePad lacks a multi-touch screen. But it still was fun watching the GamePad instead of the TV.

Thank you. People give that "game" a free pass since it's a pack in $10 game with a remote, but it's seriously one of the laziest games I've ever played. And no, Tanks does not redeem anything.

I've never played the first Wii Party so I am hoping this is going to be lots of fun (by myself ;_;). Really interested in the gamepad games.

Tanks has quite a lot of content with over 100 stages (the end stages are really hard too) and is a very good coop game as well.
Got the code and downloaded the game yesterday. (My Wifi and my Wii U really don't like each other. Had to change some settings to make the download bearable. Oh well.)

I'll try the game this weekend with a larger group of people. Yesterday I tried some of the new Tabletop games with a friend. We went through the smallest ones (2 minutes each). Was fun, but some of them are so much better than others. Even worse, some remembered me that the Wii U's GamePad lacks a multi-touch screen. But it still was fun watching the GamePad instead of the TV.
i thought this game is not available as a download?

Great to hear the table top games are good

BowieZ

Banned
Thank you Australia-land for being able to download this via eShop.

No thank you for being 5.4GB. :(
Thought I would post this here for those interested:

Regarding Wii Party U, it seems it will be available to purchase digitally in Australia. (It's available right now, if you search for "Party" it should show up.)

That means, EU consoles CAN download it if you so wish. Here's how:

You will need to go to Settings and change Country of Residence to Australia. Then, register a new Mii account, and set up a new Nintendo Network ID that is linked to Australia (choose New South Wales / Sydney timezone). You can even re-use your same email and password etc as your main account. This shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes.

Then using that account/NNID, go to the eShop and download. Then when you're done, change back your Country of Residence, and log back into your original Mii account.

It's expensive, though. Excluding any conversion fees you'll be paying, it's:

47.40 GBP
55.62 EUR

Lexxism

My mom called me that she got my copy! YES! I can't wait to play this game later when I get home. I'm really excited playing this game ALONE! Yes, alone.

I'm such a poor guy

Any more impressions?

I'm particularly interested in its re-playability from a 2-player standpoint. Is this a game my GF and I will play through a few times, then chuck it away?

My copy surprisingly turned up today, despite me ordering it from Game on Wed afternoon.

Got friends coming over tomorrow, so we should get a drunken laugh out of it. We usually play Rock Band and/or Mario Party, which always comes VERY close to us descending to blows, lol (ain't no party like a Mario Party).

We only have 2 Wii Remote Plus's now, however, so I guess at best only 3 of us can play for the moment.

maxcriden

Any more impressions?

I'm particularly interested in its re-playability from a 2-player standpoint. Is this a game my GF and I will play through a few times, then chuck it away?

FWIW I plan to play it primarily just with my wife. And cat, if we can teach him the tabletop games. I think it'll be plenty of fun if the two of you enjoy, say, Mario Party with two computer players. I'll be back with impressions later on or early tomorrow, though.

I'd be interested to hear about how this game compares to the previous one on the Wii.

Got my copy today, but won't open it untill sunday: got friends coming over and I want all of us to discover it at the same time. Been playing the original wii party with these guys a lot, so I'll report everyone's impressions here.

The GamePad stand slides into 2 notches at the base of the Gamepad. I noticed 2 more on the ridge below the L/R buttons, and a screw mount (like on a tripod) also back there.

made me wonder what they have planned for the GamePad in the future, in terms of attachments, upgrades and addons.

kunonabi

The GamePad stand slides into 2 notches at the base of the Gamepad. I noticed 2 more on the ridge below the L/R buttons, and a screw mount (like on a tripod) also back there.

made me wonder what they have planned for the GamePad in the future, in terms of attachments, upgrades and addons.

i want that new zapper they teased for sure.

jmizzal

Thank you Australia-land for being able to download this via eShop.

No thank you for being 5.4GB. :(

I think its coming to the eShop in NA soon, in the NA eShop its still listed as coming soon and they also have it listed as available at retail now.

Is it the same price on the Australia eShop as retail?

neodeano

Just ordered it. Didn't know it come with a wiimote, seems a bargain. Coupled with amazon prime, it's coming tomorrow morning. Noice.

Man, WTF. I go to my local best buy, cash in hand, and the guys tell me they don't have the game in the store. Checked the nearby Target, too, and nada. Damn, was really looking forward to playing the game with my GF tonight after a long week (for both of us!).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, WTF. I go to my local best buy, cash in hand, and the guys tell me they don't have the game in the store. Checked the nearby Target, too, and nada. Damn, was really looking forward to playing the game with my GF tonight after a long week (for both of us!).

They have them in stock at gamestop (even if you don't have a pre-order)

Bout to play some now, will update with my PARTY impressions, complete with dead ryseing flavored mountain dew.

Lexxism

This game is really really really really really fun! I tried playing the baseball first and I was owned by my dad big time!! I really can't wait to play this game with my relatives this coming holiday season. It's going to be a BLAST!

bart64

Banned
Picked this up at target this afternoon. I thought the clerk made a mistake, couldn't believe it was $50 with remote. I thought I was sticking it to the man until I checked this thread for the price.

A game which has a chance at being the best party game ever is practically $10--and I'm not even stretching the truth, that much. Streamlined for a quicker start, quicker turns on the board, a bunch of new ideas for the gamepad, and dozens upon dozens of Nintendo seal of quality mini games. FOR $10! If you assign a reasonable $10 value to the stand the game is free! Come on, that kicks ass.

Not so? You know you always wanted another remote, or in my case, wanted to replace the old franken-mote. Oh, no, you have all new remotes? Well it must be great being the 1%, maybe you can make a donation to a less fortunate friend?

If you're not already playing this, you have no excuse. Your Halloween costume can wait until tomorrow--the real party is tonight. HYPE people, recognize a great deal when you see one!

Will be playing with another person tonight and good times will be had.

Appleman

Anybody know if you need Wii Motion+ for a player to play at all? Between this and NintendoLand, my aging Wii Remotes are killing me....

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Anybody know if you need Wii Motion+ for a player to play at all? Between this and NintendoLand, my aging Wii Remotes are killing me....

Single player you mean? From what I've seen in the videos I think most (if not all) of the games can be played on the Gamepad. But if you have aging wii remotes take the retail bundle, I'm sure you will find a good use for that remote.

Top Bottom