• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Nintendo Gamer magazine tweeted something that got me thinking.

Miyamoto turns 60 on November 16th....
What better way to celebrate that than release a new console on the same day?

Nintendo Gamer magazine tweeted something that got me thinking.

Miyamoto turns 60 on November 16th....
What better way to celebrate that than release a new console on the same day?

Yeah, seen that. Imagine it flopped though, lol. Every birthday after would be pretty depressing. They should make a bronze statue of him.

nikatapi

Dont forget that the creators of Aliens Colonial Marines said that the game would have better textures on the WiiU, this might be the mysterious FPS game mentioned.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wait, it says it's previously announced games?? Where'd it say that? Sort of a lame "rumor" if the rumored games are already announced..

that rumor says: 2 games yet to be announced. at least, they are not yet announced for the wii u. could be already known for ps360 but not yet for Wii U.

Meelow

Banned
I know this means nothing but Amazon put 007 Legends for Wii U

Wii-U-007-Legends.jpg

jmizzal

anyone seen this?

http://www.thegamerscene.com/2012/07/wii-us-graphics-wont-be-a-generation-leap-at-launch-2-big-titles-yet-to-be-announced/

Major unannounced 3rd party games, October/November release date... we've heard all this already, I guess. Does anyone know if this site has a history of posting reliable info?

Need for Speed: Most Wanted and prob MoH

I wouldnt say the Amazon thing means nothing, why would they magically put up a WiiU page for 007 legends? Unless they put up a WiiU page for every 3rd party game on PS360, then this means they may know something, retailers get info on games way before the press and the public, maybe they just jumped the gun.

nordique

It was rumoured a while back that a 007 title would be making its way to Wii U, IIRC ShockingAlberto mentioned it?

I expect it to come out, to be honest. Its a mainstream type title. I think we'll see all the major mainstream titles on the Wii U this year from Activison and EA.

That's why I also expect NFS will be on the Wii U.

Pineconn

I think Legends is a mishmash of several various Bond movies into one game. Developer should be Eurocom, the same group that made the GoldenEye reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if they take the groundwork for the multiplayer from GE Wii/Reloaded and integrate it into Legends.

jacksrb

I think Legends is a mishmash of several various Bond movies into one game. Developer should be Eurocom, the same group that made the GoldenEye reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if they take the groundwork for the multiplayer from GE Wii/Reloaded and integrate it into Legends.

Right. Eurocom. Daniel Craig put in 6 Bond movies, including Skyfall.

And I think that Shiggy created a thread about it or something that was redacted/locked.

You don't think it'll do well at all? Final Fantasy XI did amazingly well, and manages to maintain 500k customers even after all these years. And it's basically the same idea - take a single-player experience, and expand it into a console MMO on a very popular console. I think it could kill if they market it right.

Exactly. Dragon Quest > Monster Hunter > Final Fantasy over there, the Dragon Quest franchise is huge. If Nintendo can manage to secure an exclusive Monster Hunter title for the U from Capcom then Nintendo would have 'won' the generational console war in that territory a year before the other two consoles are even released. Even without a Monster Hunter title the console will still fly off shelves.

If we do end up seeing a Monster Hunter game and Capcom decide to bring it to the West I'm hoping they're going to remove the subscription fee like they did with Tri.

I know I am going to sound like a broken record, but the Wii U really does not feel like an evolution of the Wii. Rather something all on its own. (I really wished it was an evolution though).

I think Kinect will be following that crowd. I'm glad Nintendo is keeping up with technology trends. Will help the Wii U stay relevant for the next 5 years.....

RedSwirl

anyone seen this?

http://www.thegamerscene.com/2012/07/wii-us-graphics-wont-be-a-generation-leap-at-launch-2-big-titles-yet-to-be-announced/

Major unannounced 3rd party games, October/November release date... we've heard all this already, I guess. Does anyone know if this site has a history of posting reliable info?

Project CARS for driving and Aliens for FPS/3PS (well the aliens don't carry guns afaik, but they're in third person!). Or anything else that hasn't been announced.

I can't tell whether that's a typo, it works either way.

I'm pretty sure the guys making Aliens already confirmed that the Wii U version will have higher texture resolution on account of the increased RAM.

After reading that RE6 thread, I think I'm all for Nintendo putting a "ban" on all screen-tearing in the games being released on Wii U.

You got screen tearing Third Parties? Fix that shit or tweak the engine because it's too damn distracting to be playing a game like that.

ugoo18

Potential Megaton if true?

The return of Banjo and Kazooie to their rightful home

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/c...negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

"According to the tipster, Nintendo is in direct negotiations with Microsoft to buy RARE, though the purpose of buying them seems to be all based around getting the rights to Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, we can't forget the other key franchises Nintendo gets with the acquisition. Conker's Bad Fur Day may have been shunned by Nintendo, but a sequel to that game should be embraced by the Nintendo brass if they want the Wii U to really be for everyone. Of course, this rumor doesn't stop there - it goes as far as to suggest that Retro Studios is actually deep into development on a Banjo and Kazooie title, and that the talks with Microsoft have been ongoing for some time."

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/c...negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

"According to the tipster, Nintendo is in direct negotiations with Microsoft to buy RARE, though the purpose of buying them seems to be all based around getting the rights to Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, we can't forget the other key franchises Nintendo gets with the acquisition. Conker's Bad Fur Day may have been shunned by Nintendo, but a sequel to that game should be embraced by the Nintendo brass if they want the Wii U to really be for everyone. Of course, this rumor doesn't stop there - it goes as far as to suggest that Retro Studios is actually deep into development on a Banjo and Kazooie title, and that the talks with Microsoft have been ongoing for some time."

I would not trust Zelda Informer, especially if their source is an "anonymous tipster."

Terrell

More like waste of money if true.

Meelow

Banned

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ugoo18

Banjo Kazooie? Really? I don't think that IP is worth much these days. And MS seem happy with having RARE make casual Kinect titles.

Probably because it's not been used in a meaningful way. Under Nintendo's banner a well made Banjo Kazooie game like the N64 ones could be huge.

Probably because it's not been used in a meaningful way. Under Nintendo's banner a well made Banjo Kazooie game like the N64 ones would be huge.

I never saw the appeal in the characters. Although the N64 games were solid, I just don't think the series has selling power outside its nostalgia value to a few. If Nintendo wants another platformer IP, they have plenty of options available. What about a Pokemon platformer?

Very very very unlikely that Rare rumor is true... but damn that would be awesome. If anybody could return them to their former glory, it'd be Nintendo.

AzaK

Mega-Mega-ton if true, but it won't be. It'd be foolish to have Retro working on a title without the rights.

Indeed. RARE doesn't make good games anymore (is any of the talent left?), and Banjo was never an interesting IP.
Sacrilege. Banjo and Kazooie stands next to Mario 64 as the best 2 3d platformers of that generation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my god

Zelda Informer is full of complete bullshit like always. One of the worst source of leaks/rumours related to Nintendo on the internet. Either lying for hits or gullible as fuck.

But most importantly, Rare as you knew it were dead. Seriously guys, come on. Who makes games? Who is responsible for game quality? A company name, or the actual people making the game?

Rare's had so many staff turnarounds and changes since Microsoft picked them up a decade ago that they're only a shell of the company they once were. The people who made the games you love are gone. They work elsewhere.

Rare is over. It was time to let go years ago.

japtor

Hell with Banjo and Kazooie, I want Blast Corps. Doesn't even have to be a new game, buy the rights to the N64 release to bring it to VC!

Back to EA, Riccitiello apparently did an interview recently with CNBC (going through Examiner's article for the quote):
"The most important catalyst coming forward is visibility on the next-generation consoles.

"A big catalyst for what's to come will be next-generation console where the first of that is coming out with the Wii U from Nintendo," Riccitiello said.
(...and can't tell if there's much else cause the CNBC video won't load on the iPad here)

AzaK

oh my god

Zelda Informer is full of complete bullshit like always. One of the worst source of leaks/rumours related to Nintendo on the internet. Either lying for hits or gullible as fuck.

But most importantly, Rare as you knew it were dead. Seriously guys, come on. Who makes games? Who is responsible for game quality? A company name, or the actual people making the game?

Rare's had so many staff turnarounds and changes since Microsoft picked them up a decade ago that they're only a shell of the company they once were. The people who made the games you love are gone. They work elsewhere.

Rare is over. It was time to let go years ago.
It's not Rare I'd care about, but that IP. But yes, it's bullshit.

Retro is working on something else, so... garbage bin? Garbage bin.
Straight in.

ugoo18

Mega-Mega-ton if true, but it won't be. It'd be foolish to have Retro working on a title without the rights.

Sacrilege. Banjo and Kazooie stands next to Mario 64 as the best 2 3d platformers of that generation.

Possibly will start an argument with this but Banjo Kazooie >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario 64 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom