• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
ThunderMonkey and HylianTom are still in my basement. HylianTom is tied up, but ThunderMonkey is there by choice and he won't leave. WTF?

jmizzal

lol
just wait at least till they announce it for the console first.

Its coming, multiplatform games that are announced for the other consoles they feel its not a big deal if they have not announced them for WiiU yet. Now dont expect any unannounced games to come out for WiiU launch window unless they are download titles. Now Japan may have some but not NA and Europe.

jmizzal

It's may as well be confirmed at this point of course it could miss the holiday season which would be lol worthy.

Yea if they cant get it out for the launch its something really wrong with activision its not like they didnt have almost 2 years to know that the WiiU was coming. I mean its nothing stopping UBIsoft from having AC3 ready, these other companies have no excuse but not trying.

But would they really crunch though if stale? Sounds like you found something else and only thought they were cookies. Sucks to be your stomach.
The basement isn't humid. I just figured that crunch was nuts.

Oh well. The scientists already tried to kill me by feeding me cyanide. I just created a noxious ass gas cloud that "purified" the facility.

Right around the time Evilore liberated me actually. Big gubment agent wondering why an entire city block had just disappeared. Finding a hungry monkey in a cage with a computer.

Oh well. The scientists already tried to kill me by feeding me cyanide. I just created a noxious ass gas cloud that "purified" the facility.

Right around the time Evilore liberated me actually. Big gubment agent wondering why an entire city block had just disappeared. Finding a hungry monkey in a cage with a computer.

So you were the one I found. I had to change my line of work to something less traumatic after that incident.

FNFN

If this turns out to be true, I might eat an actual crow.

Eat some steaks, it'll save you the mess.

Banned

Stop biting me! Ow for fuck sakes that's not a cookie!

Drago

So... when should we expect the August ND to come around?

All I want is 3DS accounts and WiiU launch info but I probably won't get it :(

golcarfel

Neo Member
So a new Durango leak shows that the system will probably be around 6x more powerful than the 360. So much for blowing the Wii U out of the water lol

Pineconn

I have a feeling that you aren't kidding.

golcarfel

Neo Member
The leak that says it has 8gb of ram and an 8 core CPU?

Just how powerful do you think Wii U is...?

Not the developer kit that got leaked. Its says it has an Intel CPU and 8gb of ram. But as many have said here, the retail version will only have half which is 4gb. And the dev said the kit around x6 more than the current gen.

JordanN

Banned
So a new Durango leak shows that the system will probably be around 6x more powerful than the 360. So much for blowing the Wii U out of the water lol

If people's idea of blowing Wii U out the water is what I think it is, there's no way it's going to happen no matter how powerful Durango could be.

Van Owen

Banned
Not the developer kit that got leaked. Its says it has an Intel CPU and 8gb of ram. But as many have said here, the retail version will only have half which is 4gb. And the dev said the kit around x6 more than the current gen.

Yeah, so basically we can't discern anything from the info. Just like with the leaked Wii U specs.

Sadist

Whats being discussed in it? sales and stuff? And what about the september thing is that ND or a just something else?
No no, it's not confirmed. But looking at the other Nintendo Directs (with December Direct being the odd one because it was hosted on the 27th) I'd say around that timeframe for August.

Personally I think August Direct will feature something about the 3DS XL, some new games for Japan and I'm hoping for a confirmation of a Wii U September event. For the west... I expect releasedates for Castlevania, Epic Mickey, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion DM.

DrWong

Seems the "Land" concept has a bright future... > Family Party : 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade for Nintendo Wii U by 3D Publisher.

familypartyobstaclecourse.jpg

Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade is the latest in the top-selling Family Party franchise, coming exclusively to the Wii U system from Nintendo. Competitors will navigate through multiple locations in Family Party Land, a remote island divided by uniquely themed environments and obstacles to take on some of the wackiest challenges yet. Using the Wii U GamePad, players will be able to interact with their characters off-screen to enhance the gameplay and create a personalized touch. Obstacle Arcade delivers hours of family entertainment where players can choose from over a dozen family-friendly characters and challenge each other in up to four-player multiplayer in 30 diverse games. These over-the-top games include dodging barrels while on a horse, racing across obstacles floating on water, setting off and detonating fireworks, skydiving from above while avoiding a huge artillery of rockets being shot by other players and many more.

Nintendoland is enough for me.
No no, it's not confirmed. But looking at the other Nintendo Directs (with December Direct being the odd one because it was hosted on the 27th) I'd say around that timeframe for August.

Personally I think August Direct will feature something about the 3DS XL, some new games for Japan and I'm hoping for a confirmation of a Wii U September event. For the west... I expect releasedates for Castlevania, Epic Mickey, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion DM.
Ok cool. A confirmation would be ideal I guess.

big_erk

Are you kidding me? Shovelware already? The system isn't even out yet.

Why don't we just skip all of the crap and develop "Shovelware: The Game"

Based on the infamous Atari video game burial of 1983. You task is to use your WiiU gamepad to dig and find enough room in a randomly generated landfill to dispose of thousands of copies of the E.T. videogame. You are working against the clock and have to look out for rats, dirty needles and used condoms in your quest to save the videogame industry from itself.

Penguin

Fuck you Nintendo. You said a late 2012 release. It's already August. Where's all our info? There'd best be a blow out September.

Well since we got the Wii launch enough in like mid-Sept for a Nov release, I expect a similar time-frame of 2 months before launch

tkscz

Based on the infamous Atari video game burial of 1983. You task is to use your WiiU gamepad to dig and find enough room in a randomly generated landfill to dispose of thousands of copies of the E.T. videogame. You are working against the clock and have to look out for rats, dirty needles and used condoms in your quest to save the videogame industry from itself.

That doesn't sound bad. Put it on e-shop, I'd buy it.

I'd buy it for the sake of appreciating them being honest and not trying to lie to the consumer about some great product.....

Are you kidding me? Shovelware already? The system isn't even out yet.

Ugh it is kinda depressing. I understand that they will always be games like this but it was absolutely ridiculous at how many shovelware Wii games they were. Nintendo needs to do something about that if they can. Or at the very least leave that shit on the e-shop or something. There is no need for a seemingly never ending amount of this stuff at retail.

Fuck you Nintendo. You said a late 2012 release. It's already August. Where's all our info? There'd best be a blow out September.
Im not gonna lie, I know Nintendo is tryna fix the 3DS situation and stuff but seriously though, We need more news, more info on just stuff we dont know yet. I search all over youtube and stuff for gameplay videos and I see the same stuff most likely everytime. I just feel like we should know more by this time. This thread says debate but in all seriousness its a WUST number what? 6? We're still speculating and the console will be out less than 3 months..We get so little news at a time I feel like I will feel this way all up until launch. I know the september thing is coming up and hopefully that can satisfy some of us :) Or are we like what Reggie said insatisfiable fans lol..

Okay, this sounds stupid, but I'm going to read it and

Epic, EA Games, Crytek, Konami, Square Enix

sxWGD.jpg

dGZW2.jpg

EkwR3.jpg

The idea that companies are trying to guide the PS4 and the 720 to be the same thing is not outlandish. Third parties don't want a situation where the PS4 has to play port catch-up and Sony doesn't want that situation, either.

It's the cloak and dagger collusion angle that is not only actually crazy, but laughably wrong.

Also that Konami is influencing anyone.

chris3116

Okay, this sounds stupid, but I'm going to read it and

sxWGD.jpg

dGZW2.jpg

EkwR3.jpg

The idea that companies are trying to guide the PS4 and the 720 to be the same thing is not outlandish. Third parties don't want a situation where the PS4 has to play port catch-up and Sony doesn't want that situation, either.

It's the cloak and dagger collusion angle that is not only actually crazy, but laughably wrong.

Also that Konami is influencing anyone.

So basically, they want both companies to be twins and only the 1st party will make the difference. Konami influences the other 3rd party is hilliarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom