• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazon

The PDF of Nintendo's Annual Report is up.
Nothing new from what I can see, but at least it shows a picture of Wii U and the games with "Coming 2012"

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2012/annual1203e.pdf

I saw this at E3 and now I see this again in the report:

xrJ4y.jpg

What Metroid game could he be talking about, or is it just the Metroid minigame in NintendoLand?

Stewox

Banned

xrJ4y.jpg

What Metroid game could he be talking about, or is it just the Metroid minigame in NintendoLand?

I've saw that almost immediately. I've waited silently til now until I saw finally someone bring this up and i totally forgot about it since nobody (atleast i didn't saw) brought that up before.

But It gets better than this, it's not just this ...

It's also that:

anumP.jpg

Now I got to think a few things while looking at it, it's .... fishy.

First of all it can be reffering to something else, like the Boss in the game, or what ...
Second, it can be what we think we think, a subtle hint, but then, the marketing team got it wrong because Samus is a She.

Now we can ... by looking at the circumstancial evidence conclude it may be a hint, because the next Metroid message is about a general topic, not necessairly a gameplay progression help question, so that "he's back" may not be necessairly in context of a gameplay event.
Then if we even take another step further you can see the Mii that's used to say this, he has his arms up in a "winner" position, are you thinking what I'm thinking.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
IGN tweet- Want to know more about EA's Wii U plans? We'll be live streaming their Summer Showcase presentation tomorrow. August 2 1-2pm PT. Be there.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Another: (EA Summer Showcase is not just limited to Wii U, but there will be some related news in there.)

Meelow

Banned
IGN tweet- Want to know more about EA's Wii U plans? We'll be live streaming their Summer Showcase presentation tomorrow. August 2 1-2pm PT. Be there.

Nice, do you have a link? (Don't know which IGN Twitter it's posted on).

Edit: nevermind found it :).

Edit 2: To late lol.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Fifa and Madden is all I'm expecting (Madden better be there), but Mass Effect 3 seems like another reasonable prediction.

Sim City WiiU in my wildest dreams
Actually, that would be Mirror's Edge 2, but I don't even dare to write that in the open

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
That message probably reads "I've just played about every metroid game". It's probably nothing significant.

What is significant though is EA's presentation tomorrow. At the minimum, FIFA 13 for Wii U should be presented. It would be nice with announcement of the two other titles they have mentioned before, but maybe that will be debut at the September conference. Ah well, good to hear something new.

Also, direct link to the event: http://www.ea.com/1/summer-showcase

Join our live broadcast this Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. PT (8:00 p.m. UTC) and experience EA’s annual Summer Showcase firsthand. This year’s event will include presentations, announcements, and live demos from titles including Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, Medal of Honor Warfighter, FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, The Sims 3, EA Mobile and Social, and other fan-favorite franchises. Don’t miss this opportunity to get the latest games news live!

Antagon

Fifa and Madden is all I'm expecting (Madden better be there), but Mass Effect 3 seems like another reasonable prediction.

Sim City WiiU in my wildest dreams
Actually, that would be Mirror's Edge 2, but I don't even dare to write that in the open

Sim City Wii U makes so much sense to me, I really hope that the game will come to the system. Both touch screen and multiple displays are great for the type of game.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Sim City Wii U makes so much sense to me, I really hope that the game will come to the system. Both touch screen and multiple displays are great for the type of game.

It's a no-brainer, that's why it will never happen.

Realistically though, the whole "always online to play" stance for SimCity makes it seem very unlikely to come to WiiU or any console for that matter. :/

What's next ? Civilization for Wii U ? Stop hoping for titles that might make sense.

The things I'd do for Sim City Wii U and/or Civilization U.

As I've noted before: "Civilization Revolution" came out for every system not codenamed "Revolution", so you should expect "Civilization Cafe" to come out in the next few years. I trust you can work out which system it will not come out on.

edit:
Why is Toad juggling tin cans in the Mario Kart full page pic in the Annual Report? I don't remember cans being any sort of powerup in a previous Mario Kart game.

Banned
This is it. My 300th post. It's been a long road (5 weeks lol). It's been a blast and I love posting on these forums and hanging out in NintendoGaf. I dedicate this post to all the users who make this community awesome and entertaining. I love you all.

Meelow

Banned
This is it. My 300th post. It's been a long road (5 weeks lol). It's been a blast and I love posting on these forums and hanging out in NintendoGaf. I dedicate this post to all the users who make this community awesome and entertaining. I love you all.

Congrats on being full member now :).

Hoodbury

I was thinking, Nintendo has said they will be open to the ftp market for Wii-U's eshop. You know what they really need? They need their own version of a TF2 game. Something like a Mario paintball game. Or like Smash Bros does, and have more characters than just Mario and his friends. Or maybe even a Mii paintball game or a combination of all.

You know, something free, something every Wii-U owner can download, and something that is actually good. Use the TF2 formula or just keep everything free. But there could be different pickup's like new weapon types, different stats, different outfits, different game modes, etc.

There could be different classes similar to TF2. I mean they could copy and improve on so much from TF2 using their own Nintendo characters. Keep it family friendly by making it paintball. But still a solid shooter with some depth. Classes, upgrades, stats, maps, rare loot finds like outfits and special guns, multiple game modes, etc.

Link it in directly with Mii-verse and you could start the match right from there by shooting people in third person or top down view or whatever view point you call what Mii-verse is, lol.

chris3116

I would buy a Sim City Wii U version. I think it's logic with the screen on the controller to have something like that. Add Civilization or any god games (Spore or Black & White).

deviljho

I would buy a Sim City Wii U version.

"We have no plans on bringing quality games to the Wii U platform. Nor will we invest money in optimized ports or marketing. We simply will not do anything that could make us money. When we make no money, we will have an excuse for why we don't put games out on this platform. Thank you."

Only six 1st party games listed under ,WiiU coming in 2012' in the PDF report. Rest confirmed for 2013?

xrJ4y.jpg

Could very well be some random comment. ,,I've played just about every Metroid game''.

chris3116

"We have no plans on bringing quality games to the Wii U platform. Nor will we invest money in optimized ports or marketing. We simply will not do anything that could make us money. When we make no money, we will have an excuse for why we don't put games out on this platform. Thank you."

All right I'll buy it on PC :p

Banned

I lol'd.

WOOOO FULL MEMBER NOW!

Sim City on WiiU = life over.

I think RTS and build'em-up sims will be where the WiiU and its gamepad will immerse the player like never before. Months will disappear off of people's lives.

Antagon

I would buy a Sim City Wii U version. I think it's logic with the screen on the controller to have something like that. Add Civilization or any god games (Spore or Black & White).

Sim City would probably get the most out of it though. Working with the RCI schematics on the WiiU pad while at the same time showing the actual city on the man screen, or doing underground work while you could see what's above ground on the TV would be really nice. So much more information that they can display that way.

Sadist

EA's outlook on Wii U isn't very reassuring

EA made it clear that they don't consider the Wii U a hot product for the holidays; Peter Moore, in response to an analyst question, said "you're probably right that Wii U got a lackluster response" at E3. More to the point, EA hasn't announced any other titles than Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U. No other big spending on the Wii U or next-gen consoles was noted, nor is their forecasting specifically calling out the Wii U as a major positive coming up. Translation: EA doesn't expect great sales from the Wii U.

Still, EA will no doubt be "opportunistic" as interim CFO Ken Barker noted. That means if the Wii U takes off, EA will jump on it, even though it means getting to the party late. This is pretty much how EA (and other major publishers) approached the Wii last time; little support at launch, but once it proved a hit resources were shifted to take advantage of it. The minimum 1-year delay this causes will not help the Wii U in its quest to get established. The other implication of this is that EA will not be putting great effort into specific Wii U development; any titles that are started are likely to be ports, without much resource spent on adapting to the gamepad controller.
So... Mass Effect 3, Madden '13 and FIFA '13 as the only Wii U titles tomorrow?

jmizzal

Tomorrow we get the first of the new WiiU news since E3 Yay, all we have had was very small stuff and rumors.

Now EA is about the break out their line up.

What do you guys expect to be announced?

I expect Madden 13, Fifa 13, NBA live 13, Need For Speed, and MoH:WF
All with WiiU details
also new news on Mass Effect 3

What I hope for is but prob wont happen today
Overstrike WiiU exclusive
Mirrors Edge 2 and Battlefield 4 confirmed for WiiU

Anth0ny

little support at launch, but once it proved a hit resources were shifted to take advantage of it.

translation: as soon as PS4/720 drop, Wii U will start getting support, i.e downports of PS4/720/PC games.

this is why I don't care about third party support on Nintendo consoles anymore. I have my Nintendo first party box in the Wii U and PS4/720 will be my third party boxes.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
EA's outlook on Wii U isn't very reassuring

So... Mass Effect 3, Madden '13 and FIFA '13 as the only Wii U titles tomorrow?

The best is that other articles are saying the opposite (always Peter Moore speech), saying that they are very committed to the Wii U, they learned that you must not underestimate Nintendo as they did with the Wii, and that they'll announce other games:

“We’re keeping a very close eye on the platform. (We have learned to) never underestimate Nintendo, as proven by the last generation. EA has great franchises poised to be on that platform. We’ll probably announce more in the future.” - EA's Peter Moore

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/31/ea-keeping-a-very-close-eye-on-wii-u?

So, I don't expect a great support, but obviously more than what we know for now.
It's also so strange that last year

Looks like EatChildren was right. Some publishers don't regret missing out on Wii and EA hasn't learned their lesson. This wait and see approach is gonna bite them in the ass. Wii 2.0 confirmed. Or should I say, GameCube 3.0 confirmed.

More like N64 4.0. ;)

Pretty disappointing to hear that about EA (particularly after all that PR crap about support at E3 2011) but not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom