• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_erk

You really think PS360 players are going to give up Achievements / Trophies, playing with their friends online and a controller they are used to for 6 years so they can swipe across a tablet screen to shoot on Fifa ?, or tap the screen to switch a weapon on Darksiders 2 ?.

Your overly simplistic descriptions aside, this is precisely the reason gaming innovation is stagnating right now.

Looks like the General Manager of Crytek is back to saying no Wii U version of Crysis 3:

https://twitter.com/nickbuttonbrown

He says "not currently" so I guess it still leaves.....hope?

I think the team that would have made the Wii U version (Crytek UK) are working on Homefront 2 for the Wii U.

I would much rather have Crysis 3 than Homefront 2 tbh, infact i would rather have a triple pack of Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 for Wii U instead of Homefront 2 :).

big_erk

More importantly Nintendo would get parity when it comes to next gen multi platform games "

You don't know Nintendo if you think they care about parity. Their decisions may not always be right, but they are right a hell of a lot more than they are wrong. Even Sony will probably embrace more non-traditional controls in the PS4, if the Vita is any indication.

Your overly simplistic descriptions aside, this is precisely the reason gaming innovation is stagnating right now.

For Nintendo to have any and i do mean any hope of prying the PS360 crowd away from their current consoles, the Wii U would have to have dropped its name from Wii (it's really not 'cool' with the 15 - 30 demographic), made a really powerful console that is a clear generational leap over PS360, guaranteed all the big third party games for the end of 2012, all of 2013 and provided an Achievement / Online system up to the standards of Xbox Live for free.

PS360 fans are literally laughing at the Wii U tbh, Nintendo Land, NSMB U, old ports of multiplatform games and a bunch of shovel / gimmick software is all we have seen so far, no release date, no price and no 'killer app' which shows its anything other than a slightly more powerful 360, it's a complete joke imho.

I kind of know why Nintendo have just stuck chasing the original Wii audience but it doesn't make it any better being a massive Nintendo fan myself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In terms of appealing to the 360/PS3 crowd the Wii U has only one major title: Zombie U. P-100 will probably be the best game around launch, but it's destined to be niche. Nintendo has shown nothing internally developed to target this market, and with the exception of Zombie U all we've seen are a number of aged third party ports.

Throw in Nintendo's reluctance to talk about their online/profiling system and it's hard to see how they're going to attract this audience, if that's even their goal.

But really, my cynicism is rooted in E3 2012, worst console reveal of all time. A disaster I don't think I'll ever get over. Never forget.

big_erk

For Nintendo to have any and i do mean any hope of prying the PS360 crowd away from their current consoles, the Wii U would have to have dropped its name from Wii (it's really not 'cool' with the 15 - 30 demographic), made a really powerful console that is a clear generational leap over PS360, guaranteed all the big third party games for the end of 2012, all of 2013 and provided an Achievement / Online system up to the standards of Xbox Live for free.

PS360 fans are literally laughing at the Wii U tbh, Nintendo Land, NSMB U, old ports of multiplatform games and a bunch of shovel / gimmick software is all we have seen so far, no release date, no price and no 'killer app' which shows its anything other than a slightly more powerful 360, it's a complete joke imho.

I kind of know why Nintendo have just stuck chasing the original Wii audience but it doesn't make it any better being a massive Nintendo fan myself.

Um, yeah. So basically Nintendo should have just made a more powerful Xbox360/PS3 and called it a day? Your views are so flawed I think it's time for me to stop trying to make sense of it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
But really, my cynicism is rooted in E3 2012, worst console reveal of all time. A disaster I don't think I'll ever get over. Never forget.

E3 completely changed my opinion of Nintendo, honestly. I posted SO MUCH in the speculation thread and I think I may have posted in Wii U threads about 5 times after E3. :(

The Wii already made me cynical about Nintendo, but E3 2012 has completely crushed my enthusiasm for Nintendo for the time being.

big_erk

Throw in Nintendo's reluctance to talk about their online/profiling system and it's hard to see how they're going to attract this audience, if that's even their goal.

I'm starting to wonder what their goals are. Nintendo always marches to their own beat, sometimes to their detriment. We'll soon see which the WiiU is. I still have faith.

AzaK

We'll have to see.

Well technically we haven't really seen anything yet.

What!? You obviously missed the 1/2 second shot of MassEffect 3 in the sizzle reel?!

In terms of appealing to the 360/PS3 crowd the Wii U has only one major title: Zombie U. P-100 will probably be the best game around launch, but it's destined to be niche. Nintendo has shown nothing internally developed to target this market, and with the exception of Zombie U all we've seen are a number of aged third party ports.

Not sure if you meant 2011, but both '11 and '12 were shitters. Also, to date, this whole "we want the core" mantra is a bunch of bullshit probably just spouted to stop us and investors revolting. If they really did want the core, they'd be putting their money where their mouth is and we'd be seeing it manifest. So far, if you're thinking of the AAA "Adult" titles that we often call "core", we've Zombi U as you said. The rest are old ports.

E3 completely changed my opinion of Nintendo, honestly. I posted SO MUCH in the speculation thread and I think I may have posted in Wii U threads about 5 times after E3. :(

The Wii already made me cynical about Nintendo, but E3 2012 has completely crushed my enthusiasm for Nintendo for the time being.

Likewise. I was so hyped for E3 this year, even got up at 4am my time to watch it. I felt like I was being bent over and shafted, while Nintendo had a good laugh.

What!? You obviously missed the 1/2 second shot of MassEffect 3 in the sizzle reel?!

Not sure if you meant 2011, but both '11 and '12 were shitters. Also, to date, this whole "we want the core" mantra is a bunch of bullshit probably just spouted to stop us and investors revolting. If they really did want the core, they'd be putting their money where their mouth is and we'd be seeing it manifest. So far, if you're thinking of the AAA "Adult" titles that we often call "core", we've Zombi U as you said. The rest are old ports.

Likewise. I was so hyped for E3 this year, even got up at 4am my time to watch it. I felt like I was being bent over and shafted, while Nintendo had a good laugh.

Yeah, I think the whole "we want the core" mantra is just to ensure a healthy amount of early adopters. Once Sony and MS reveal their next gen systems, Nintendo will go back to relying almost completely on casual gamers, kids, families, and their own "core" group of loyalists (i.e. most of us in this thread and pretty much every Gamecube owner).

You are clearly not the only one. There aren't nearly as many people posting in the thread now. Some of that may be due to the move to Community, but no way is that the whole story.

Meelow

Banned
E3 2012 -

Casual -

Wii Fit U.
Wii U Panorama View.
Rabbids Land.
Game & Wario.
Just Dance 4.
Sing.

Casual / Core -

Nintendo Land.
Skylanders.
Scribblenaughts.
Lego City.

Core -

NSMB U.
Pikmin 3.
P-100.
Rayman Legends.
ZombiU.
Mass Effect 3 (9 month old port).
Ninja Gaiden 3 (6 month old port).
Batman Arkham City (12 month old port).

The Wii U is a hardcore console, Yeah...

Take it for what it is and enjoy it but don't delude yourself.

Fixed that for you.

For Nintendo to have any and i do mean any hope of prying the PS360 crowd away from their current consoles, the Wii U would have to have dropped its name from Wii (it's really not 'cool' with the 15 - 30 demographic)

More like just ~15 year olds. And probably mostly the angsty ones ;) Which is why this generations term of ,,hardcore'' etc is so dumb, as it often refers to preferences that kind of group has. (m-rated content > actual gameplay quality)

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Yep that's how I felt. When Reggie started recapping the Nintendo Direct just two days before E3 I was like "wut" and then I saw Batman Arkham City and I knew we were fucked.

Yep that's how I felt. When Reggie started recapping the Nintendo Direct just two days before E3 I was like "wut" and then I saw Batman Arkham City and I knew we were fucked.

It felt like Miyamoto was showing me a wonderful feast after a year of starving, before Reggie would beat me unconscious while that worthless Nintendoland guy stole my kidneys.

Ryoku

When we found out Crytek is working with Nintendo we also find out that their could be a possible chance of Crysis 3 which the CEO (I think it was the CEO) said, so it has to be something.

I believe that Crytek working with Nintendo is of different matters than Crysis 3.

It felt like Miyamoto was showing me a wonderful feast after a year of starving, before Reggie would beat me unconscious while that worthless Nintendoland guy stole my kidneys.

"Yes, allow me explain to you every minutia of this Nintendoland minigame. You will understand how fun it is."

Um, yeah. So basically Nintendo should have just made a more powerful Xbox360/PS3 and called it a day? Your views are so flawed I think it's time for me to stop trying to make sense of it.

Try reading my posts before replying.

If they were truly serious about going after the 'hardcore' / 'core' / 'PS360' gamers what ever you want to label them as then they should not have spent $50 of their console development budget on a gimmick (and thats what it will be after the initial launch games just like the Wii mote) tablet controller and built a true full generational leap over PS360.

An IBM 4 Core CPU, 2-3 GB's of Ram and at least a 1 teraFLOP GPU with a large HDD for people to download games from their new digital service, patches, demos and DLC.

Combine that with securing all the big late 2012 multi platform games (Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Farcry 3, Blops 2, MoH 2, WWE 13 to name but 7) and the massive 2013 multi platform games (Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Devil May Cry, GTA V, Watch Dogs ect to name but another 8 titles).

The more powerful hardware would ensure UE4 and all the other next gen engine support aswell.

Combine that with creating a nice mature OS, a solid Achievement / Trophy rip off and a stable online gaming environment and they would have really scared Sony and MS into action.

Just now Sony and MS are sitting around thinking to themselves 'Nintendo really couldn't have screwed this up any better than if we had planned the sequel to the Wii ourselves'.

A sad state of affairs for a company that was once so revered by every gamer on planet Earth.

I will pick up a Wii U if it's £200 and Pikmin 3 is a launch game and then much like the Wii it will gather dust until the other big Triple A first party games arrive in Winter 2013 / 2014.

+1.

You all must share in my pain.

Forever.

Would it make you feel better if the ZombiU bundle turns out to be true?

Anyway, I thought we've come to the conclusion that:

-E3 isn't was it used to be

-Nintendo held back on Wii U at E3 because they were secretly planning to reveal the 3DS XL

-3DS XL has to sell and become well known before Wii U since Nintendo will make a profit on every 3DS sold right around the launch of the Wii U and this will help off set-the loss on each Wii U console sold

From a business point of view it makes perfect sense to me what Nintendo did at E3. They have to look out for their business first before appealing to what their hardcore fan base wants.

Even though they could have thrown us a bone at E3, they didn't.....but it's all good. Those games are there and most likely Nintendo will shown them next month when the mother of all NDA's lifts to the heavens.

When I think about it, this is getting really exciting!

He is the director of a series full of potential and yet all he did with Animal Crossing is rehash the game almost 1:1 over and over. Except that some content was actually cut with new entries. (admittedly the 3DS game looks like it has actual improvements)

This is a matter of opinions, so I'll stay out. I will say, however, that calling someone worthless over personal gripes is not really a way to get yourself to be taken seriously.

eh, joke post obviously. Reggie also didn't really hit me :) Yes, I'm kinda pissed at all of them right now, but I can't help it after this E3.

Ryoku

He is the director of a series full of potential and yet all he did with Animal Crossing is rehash the game almost 1:1 over and over. Except that some content was actually cut with new entries. (admittedly the 3DS game looks like it has actual improvements)

This is a matter of opinions, so I'll stay out. I will say, however, that calling someone worthless over personal gripes is not really a way to get yourself to be taken seriously.

jerd

E3 2012 -

Casual -

NSMB U.
Nintendo Land.
Wii Fit U.
Wii U Panorama View.
Rabbids Land.
Game & Wario.
Just Dance 4.
Sing.
Lego City.
Scribblenaughts.
Skylanders.

Casual / Core -

Pikmin 3.
P-100.
Rayman Legends.

Core -

ZombiU.
Mass Effect 3 (9 month old port).
Ninja Gaiden 3 (6 month old port).
Batman Arkham City (12 month old port).

The Wii U is a hardcore console, Yeah...

Take it for what it is and enjoy it but don't delude yourself.

Your entire casual/core section is core games. How many casual gamers have pikmin or the fairly difficult (from what I've heard) new rayman games in their library. And p-100 is colorful, but in no way casual. Also, you forgot AC 3, NBA 2k, Madden, and fifa from the list. It isn't as bad as you make it sound : -)

Kacho

City Folk was the only Animal Crossing that felt like a rehash. The Gamecube and DS (at the time) ones were amazing. They look like they're back on track with the 3DS version.

City Folk was the only Animal Crossing that felt like a rehash. The Gamecube and DS (at the time) ones were amazing. They look like they're back on track with the 3DS version.

Exactly. There aren't even that many animal crossing games anyway and the releases for every game are spread out pretty wide. I don't understand the animal crossing rehash comments

AzaK

Try reading my posts before replying.

If they were truly serious about going after the 'hardcore' / 'core' / 'PS360' gamers what ever you want to label them as then they should not have spent $50 of their console development budget on a gimmick (and thats what it will be after the initial launch games just like the Wii mote) tablet controller and built a true full generational leap over PS360.

An IBM 4 Core CPU, 2-3 GB's of Ram and at least a 1 teraFLOP GPU with a large HDD for people to download games from their new digital service, patches, demos and DLC.

Combine that with securing all the big late 2012 multi platform games (Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Farcry 3, Blops 2, MoH 2, WWE 13 to name but 7) and the massive 2013 multi platform games (Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Devil May Cry, GTA V, Watch Dogs ect to name but another 8 titles).

The more powerful hardware would ensure UE4 and all the other next gen engine support aswell.

Combine that with creating a nice mature OS, a solid Achievement / Trophy rip off and a stable online gaming environment and they would have really scared Sony and MS into action.

Just now Sony and MS are sitting around thinking to themselves 'Nintendo really couldn't have screwed this up any better than if we had planned the sequel to the Wii ourselves'.

A sad state of affairs for a company that was once so revered by every gamer on planet Earth.

I will pick up a Wii U if it's £200 and Pikmin 3 is a launch game and then much like the Wii it will gather dust until the other big Triple A first party games arrive in Winter 2013 / 2014.

I'm not as negative as you, because I actually think the GamePad is not a gimmick and has a shit tonne more potential than the Wii Remote. The WR really was just a gaming device, whereas the GamePad can move into TV remote, Web browser, away-from-tv, video chat and much more.

However I do think that based on what they've shown in Software and what we think we know about the hardware, Nintendo are not truly serious about that "core/adult/mature/dudebro" gamer. If anything I think all they would want to try and do is stop Nintendo gamers getting one of the other machines by offering just enough to keep them there as opposed to really breaking "core" ground again.

Kacho

I actually think the GamePad is not a gimmick

It bums me out when people are so quick to label things as gimmicks with regards to gaming. The touch screen on the controller is a brilliant idea that has the potential to be amazing. It could very well end up being a gimmick, but if the developers put some effort into their design, we could be looking at the next evolution in gaming controllers. Let's give it some time before completely writing it off.

brainpann

It bums me out when people are so quick to label things as gimmicks with regards to gaming. The touch screen on the controller is a brilliant idea that has the potential to be amazing. It could very well end up being a gimmick, but if the developers put some effort into their design, we could be looking at the next evolution in gaming controllers. Let's give it some time before completely writing it off.

I think the touch screen is a good idea, maybe not brilliant, but good. It seems like the next logical step in controllers and seems kind of weird to me that people are so dismissive of it. Some cool things can be done with it, but c'mon, its just a screen inside a controller. We've had this since the original DS.

I'm not as negative as you, because I actually think the GamePad is not a gimmick and has a shit tonne more potential than the Wii Remote. The WR really was just a gaming device, whereas the GamePad can move into TV remote, Web browser, away-from-tv, video chat and much more.

However I do think that based on what they've shown in Software and what we think we know about the hardware, Nintendo are not truly serious about that "core/adult/mature/dudebro" gamer. If anything I think all they would want to try and do is stop Nintendo gamers getting one of the other machines by offering just enough to keep them there as opposed to really breaking "core" ground again.

This is what I've been thinking. Unfortunately, it won't be enough, for me atleast. Though, admittedly I would have likely got a PS4/x720 regardless.

I felt the same way until like weeks ago..i realized august is here well now, and then september soon it will launch and all will be forgivin especially since Im tired of this gen..I get hyped little by little everyday. Really small increments though lol..and regarding the one dude talking about 3rd parties will be all over WiiU if Nintendo decided to make ps4/720 leap I still doubt that..history shows it.

Banned

I gotta admit, I loved the video depicting the GamePad as a remote for the TV.

Pittree

Would it make you feel better if the ZombiU bundle turns out to be true?

Anyway, I thought we've come to the conclusion that:

-E3 isn't was it used to be

-Nintendo held back on Wii U at E3 because they were secretly planning to reveal the 3DS XL

-3DS XL has to sell and become well known before Wii U since Nintendo will make a profit on every 3DS sold right around the launch of the Wii U and this will help off set-the loss on each Wii U console sold

From a business point of view it makes perfect sense to me what Nintendo did at E3. They have to look out for their business first before appealing to what their hardcore fan base wants.

This.

After all this time it seems a lot of us are not used to the new way nintendo manages their and sometimes even third party titles on their consoles. We got some pretty decent launch window titles shown on E3 and after with a lot of genres covered (I know some may disagree with the categorization, but to be fair those kind of things are picky even when I do that myself sometimes)

Minigame collection: Nintendo Land, Rabbids Land, Game & Wario (It is worth considering that in the case of Nintendo Land it includes a lot of genres going from on rail shooter to racer and a lot more)
Hack and Slash: Ninja Gaiden,P-100 (with some rts added and blended)
Platform: NSMBU, Rayman Legends
FPS: Zombi U (even when some may argue survival in wich case we have covered two genres whith this), Aliens CM
RTS: Pikmin 3 (While unique I think their roots are in the genre)
Ftiness: Wi fit U
Rythm: Sing, Just Dance 4
Sandbox: Lego City undercover
Adventure RPG: Darksiders II
Action Adventure: Assassin's Creed, Arkham City
App: Panorama View
RPG: Mass Effect
Adventure Puzzle: Scribblenauts
Arcade Shooter: Tank tank tank
Fighter: Tekken Tag Tournament
Sports: Madden, FIFA

This looks like a pretty solid list so far, even with the racing genre missing (I hope someone to bring something for launch window, even if it is EA)and not counting digital and unconfimed games. Nintendo Direct will bring some more good news, but dont expect a show it all Megaton, we'll see some cool titles but we will be left in the dark again for what is coming next year, and the bitching will continue. It is just how it works now, Hype train railroad is way shorter but arguably more fun for those who embrace it. I hope in some time we all get used to it and eagerly expect Directs with news for the one or two cool/sometimes great games that will be coming in the next three months with details coming one month before launch. For us fans it is understandable to want to know it all, but form the business perspective of Nintendo is not viable. After all even with a couple of months of no news darkness we will all rush when a masterpiece gets released on their consoles. I think they are serious with their steady flow of titles form first and third, and we will se it. And last but not least IMO the launch window games list can fiirmly stand against the current console releases for the three last months of the year wich is impressive all things considered.

AzaK

This.

After all this time it seems a lot of us are not used to the new way nintendo manages their and sometimes even third party titles on their consoles. We got some pretty decent launch window titles shown on E3 and after with a lot of genres covered (I know some may disagree with the categorization, but to be fair those kind of things are picky even when I do that myself sometimes)

Minigame collection: Nintendo Land, Rabbids Land, Game & Wario (It is worth considering that in the case of Nintendo Land it includes a lot of genres going from on rail shooter to racer and a lot more)
Hack and Slash: Ninja Gaiden,P-100 (with some rts added and blended)
Platform: NSMBU, Rayman Legends
FPS: Zombi U (even when some may argue survival in wich case we have covered two genres whith this), Aliens CM
RTS: Pikmin 3 (While unique I think their roots are in the genre)
Ftiness: Wi fit U
Rythm: Sing, Just Dance 4
Sandbox: Lego City undercover
Adventure RPG: Darksiders II
Action Adventure: Assassin's Creed, Arkham City
App: Panorama View
RPG: Mass Effect
Adventure Puzzle: Scribblenauts
Arcade Shooter: Tank tank tank
Fighter: Tekken Tag Tournament
Sports: Madden, FIFA

This looks like a pretty solid list so far, even with the racing genre missing (I hope someone to bring something for launch window, even if it is EA)and not counting digital and unconfimed games. Nintendo Direct will bring some more good news, but dont expect a show it all Megaton, we'll see some cool titles but we will be left in the dark again for what is coming next year, and the bitching will continue. It is just how it works now, Hype train railroad is way shorter but arguably more fun for those who embrace it. I hope in some time we all get used to it and eagerly expect Directs with news for the one or two cool/sometimes great games that will be coming in the next three months with details coming one month before launch. For us fans it is understandable to want to know it all, but form the business perspective of Nintendo is not viable. After all even with a couple of months of no news darknes we will all rush when a masterpiece gets released on their consoles. I think they are serious with their steady flow of titles form first and third, and we will se it. And last but not least IMO the launch window games list can fiirmly stand against the current console releases for the three last months of the year wich is impressive all things considered.

I agree that the launch line-up isn't too bad if you look at it in a bubble, however Wii U is not in a bubble. It's a new console with two well established competitors that are getting all these brand new games this year and next year yet we have not heard anything about whether Wii U is getting them. If anything, we've only heard "We're taking a wait and see approach".

So, all we can assume so far is that it's not getting them and I'm not happy about that.

I'll repeat this. No way in hell would MS or SONY have the sort of E3 that Nintendo had just 5 months before release of their next-gen system. I expect those two companies to attempt to blow us away. Even if they fail. Nintendo didn't even try to excite us. Nothing they had could have been considered mind blowing by anyone in their right mind.

I think the touch screen is a good idea, maybe not brilliant, but good. It seems like the next logical step in controllers and seems kind of weird to me that people are so dismissive of it. Some cool things can be done with it, but c'mon, its just a screen inside a controller. We've had this since the original DS.

Well it's

A standard controller
A touch screen (6.2" and not 3.5ish like the DS)
A microphone
A gyroscope and acceleromter
got NFC
got a headphone jack

While most of those things were in the DS, having them separate to the other screen and allowing asymmetric game-play does add a lot to it's potential. I think the thing could go gangbusters if executed right and supported with the right software. By that I don't just mean games, I mean a variety of supporting apps that developers can put on it. Browsers, Facebook apps, Twitter apps and all that guff.

deviljho

I agree that the launch line-up isn't too bad if you look at it in a bubble, however Wii U is not in a bubble.

How many games do you want? There are a bunch of good titles coming out for many different audiences. But do you really expect there to be 20+ hardcore games in the launch window? They are trying to turn the tide with 3rd parties. We'll see if they are successful, but it's an uphill struggle at this point - one that MS doesn't have.

No way in hell would MS or SONY have the sort of E3 that Nintendo had just 5 months before release of their next-gen system. I expect those two companies to attempt to blow us away.

Will you be blown away by Kinect and Windows 8 integration? Or maybe Wonderbook and Gaikai? Again, how many hardcore titles do you expect MS and Sony to have when they launch?

Meelow

Banned
A lot of people seem to forget that Sony's E3 2006 was worse than Nintendo's E3 2012 and the price of the PS3 was $600 which made it even worse.

Pittree

I agree that the launch line-up isn't too bad if you look at it in a bubble, however Wii U is not in a bubble. It's a new console with two well established competitors that are getting all these brand new games this year and next year yet we have not heard anything about whether Wii U is getting them. If anything, we've only heard "We're taking a wait and see approach".

So, all we can assume so far is that it's not getting them and I'm not happy about that.

I'll repeat this. No way in hell would MS or SONY have the sort of E3 that Nintendo had just 5 months before release of their next-gen system. I expect those two companies to attempt to blow us away. Even if they fail. Nintendo didn't even try to excite us. Nothing they had could have been considered mind blowing by anyone in their right mind.

Iwata said:
“In other words, we just do not care what kind of ‘more beef’ console Microsoft and Sony might produce in 2013. Our focus is on how we can make our new console different than [others].”

Even while what you are saying is right, it is just a different approach coming from very different companies. I remember the PS3 reveal with all those "fake not rendered in PS3 videos" wich coincidentally had the goal of "blow us away" (wich they did, at least for some time). But in the end what matters the most is the day the game or console releases, and having as much hype for that day. If I told you in November that in two weeks the new retro IP is coming, running on Cryengine 3, with all the features and graphics you always dreamed and show you some video and screens you never expected, the hype would be a lot higher pushing you to buy that game instead of let's say Tomb Raider wich in it's own merits it's a damn fine game. You can also see that this approach is being taken by other companies. We have not seen much about Halo Right? Yes they showed a little of gameplay and released some live action videos, but Nintendo has chosen not to do this for two reasons:

One: Their policy is not to show games that are not ready, and...
Two: Doing those live action marketing stunts takes a lot of money and Nintendo prefers to save it or invest it on developing a better game.

At the end this is bad for our nerves, but good for nintendo and gaming quality so we should learn to be Ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom