• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

LIST

This looks like a pretty solid list so far, even with the racing genre missing (I hope someone to bring something for launch window, even if it is EA)and not counting digital and unconfimed games.

Yeah, my favorite genre and there are not racing games =/
I hope EA confirms Need For Speed: Most Wanted for Wii U.
btw.. wasn't DiRT already confimed?

edit: nevermind... there's PROJECT Cars :p

Pittree

I am fan of the genre myself. Dirt seemed to be launch window, but now is MiA so I didn't included it. However project cars while still far away from launch have all my attention and is giving me that vibe I miss from the old GT titles. Looking forward to it on Wii U

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On another topic, I just want to note that folk shouldn't expect major announcements for EA tomorrow, at least concerning new games. They've implied such announcements will be saved for Gamscom.

-3DS XL has to sell and become well known before Wii U since Nintendo will make a profit on every 3DS sold right around the launch of the Wii U and this will help off set-the loss on each Wii U console sold

Where did this come from? I thought that nintendo was planning on making a profit on the hardware.

Pittree

On another topic, I just want to note that folk shouldn't expect major announcements for EA tomorrow, at least concerning new games. They've implied such announcements will be saved for Gamscom.

I wasn't expecting any new games announcements from them for tomorrow or even gamescom. Now given your words I am expecting some stuff (while I wouldn't bet on it) for the latter, so thanks for the tip.

deviljho

Why do they still wait for these events for announcements? The audience is the same as people who actively seek this information on the internet.

After E3, Nintendo did disappoint me. The only thing left to do now is wait for them to show me what they have instead of hyping E3 for a whole year and being let down.

So no more singing Nintendo, just bring it.

I pretty much excepted the Wii U was now the 'Wii 2' / 'Wii HD' after watching the E3 2012 press conference.

After all the promise from Reggie at E3 2011 about the Wii being for everyone but the Wii U was for 'you', both the casual and the hardcore, went right out the window when they showed NSMB U, Lego City, Nintendo Land, Rabbids Land, Just Dance, Sing, Wii Fit U ect, with a few token ports of multi platform games that will have been out for months on other systems by the time Wii U launches (Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Fifa 13, Madden 13, Darksiders 2 ect).

I will prob pick a Wii U up just for Pikmin 3 and then the usual big 7 IP's - Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, Starfox, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and F Zero but the days of actually expecting a core cutting edge system from them are long, long gone.

Casual, mass appeal gaming is where the true money is to be made and i don't see them giving up on it any time soon.

Add all that to the fact that they have not shown a game that even proves it's a true next gen console, the complete information blackout on all things Wii U, the cock blocking of developers (some of which seem genuinely excited to talk about the console) and we still don't have a price, release date or even know which games are launch games and which games are 'launch windows' games meaning 2013, three months away from launch.

Whoever handles the PR for this thing needs fired...

Yeah? Well I think you're bang-on.

NateDrake

I mean, people can say Sony will treat their new systems right at E3.

And to that I point to the $250 paperweight sitting on my nightstand.
I'm grateful for HSG on Vita. Never played one before and love this one. If not for the Daily Tournaments, my Vita would be lost beneath dust. Sound Shapes is the next thing I want for it and then....maybe Sly Cooper.

People can hate on Nintendo for this E3, but E3 is no longer about core gamers. It's a mass market event now, so companies will cater to everyone. E3 is a shell of what it once was. I wouldn't be shocked if MS/Sony next-gen unveils don't even occur at E3 and they opt to host a separate event during the summer or whenever.

Meelow

Banned
After E3, Nintendo did disappoint me. The only thing left to do now is wait for them to show me what they have instead of hyping E3 for a whole year and being let down.

So no more singing Nintendo, just bring it.

Other than Ubisoft, E3 2012 was a disappointment for everyone, Nintendo's disappointing E3 conference, Sony hardly showing Vita which a lot of Vita fans where really hurt by that which I'm not shocked by, Microsoft having 3 lackluster E3 conferences in a row.

It's true, it seems like E3 is for the mass media now and other conferences will be for the core, Nintendo Direct is focused on the Core, Gamescom is focused on the Core, Nintendo's Fall Conference will hopefully be focused on the Core, TGS is focused on the Core, and E3 is focused on every kinda gamer.

PS consoles are inarguably a pillar of their business. Vita is, well, expendable.

Most of the problems Vita is experiencing, including those of Sony's own creation, are attributable to it being a handheld. I don't really think it bodes poorly for PS4.

deviljho

Other than Ubisoft, E3 2012 was a disappointment for everyone

Disappointment, really? Uhm, hello...

wonderbook2.jpg

Drago

I was disappointed in Nintendo greatly after E3. I was so mad.

About a week later I calmed down, looked at the game lists for WiiU and 3DS, and realized there was a good amount of stuff I really want to play.

So yeah I'm not mad anymore

Meelow

Banned
Disappointment, really? Uhm, hello...

wonderbook2.jpg

Your right, so hardcore.

About a week later I calmed down, looked at the game lists for WiiU and 3DS, and realized there was a good amount of stuff I really want to play.

I'm definitely not as mad as I was after their Conference but I am still a little mad, I won't be mad anymore if Nintendo impresses as at their Nintendo Direct and Fall Conference.

But wouldn't that favor whoever was leading the previous generation? If your hardware doesn't stand out and your first party is not Nintendo-strong in sales (Sony has breadth, but not much depth; Microsoft has depth, but not much breadth), then whoever was ahead last gen would tend to get the nod in the next gen. Seems like Sony surrendering, if that's the case? Seems unlikely, since it's supposed to be one of their profitable divisions going forward.

I think it would favor whoever can provide the best experiences, not who did what the previous gen.

I'm grateful for HSG on Vita. Never played one before and love this one. If not for the Daily Tournaments, my Vita would be lost beneath dust. Sound Shapes is the next thing I want for it and then....maybe Sly Cooper.

People can hate on Nintendo for this E3, but E3 is no longer about core gamers. It's a mass market event now, so companies will cater to everyone. E3 is a shell of what it once was. I wouldn't be shocked if MS/Sony next-gen unveils don't even occur at E3 and they opt to host a separate event during the summer or whenever.

Considering MS did that with 360 on MTV, I can definitely see a reveal for both that's separate from E3 that's focused on the enthusiast/casual gamer while E3 emphasizes what might interest the non-gamer.

It seems that the Wii U launch is going to be deceptively robust.....

.....and as far as E3 goes, wouldn't you rather have games revealed two months before launch rather 6 months? Impulse buying at it's finest.

With Nintendo Direct, Nintendo can hype the game and then release the game right after and no one has time to wait for the "hype to die down" since people will see the games, get excited and then be able to purchase soon after. September will be an exciting month indeed...for the announcements :p

jmizzal

This.

After all this time it seems a lot of us are not used to the new way nintendo manages their and sometimes even third party titles on their consoles. We got some pretty decent launch window titles shown on E3 and after with a lot of genres covered (I know some may disagree with the categorization, but to be fair those kind of things are picky even when I do that myself sometimes)

Minigame collection: Nintendo Land, Rabbids Land, Game & Wario (It is worth considering that in the case of Nintendo Land it includes a lot of genres going from on rail shooter to racer and a lot more)
Hack and Slash: Ninja Gaiden,P-100 (with some rts added and blended)
Platform: NSMBU, Rayman Legends
FPS: Zombi U (even when some may argue survival in wich case we have covered two genres whith this), Aliens CM
RTS: Pikmin 3 (While unique I think their roots are in the genre)
Ftiness: Wi fit U
Rythm: Sing, Just Dance 4
Sandbox: Lego City undercover
Adventure RPG: Darksiders II
Action Adventure: Assassin's Creed, Arkham City
App: Panorama View
RPG: Mass Effect
Adventure Puzzle: Scribblenauts
Arcade Shooter: Tank tank tank
Fighter: Tekken Tag Tournament
Sports: Madden, FIFA

This looks like a pretty solid list so far, even with the racing genre missing (I hope someone to bring something for launch window, even if it is EA)and not counting digital and unconfimed games. Nintendo Direct will bring some more good news, but dont expect a show it all Megaton, we'll see some cool titles but we will be left in the dark again for what is coming next year, and the bitching will continue. It is just how it works now, Hype train railroad is way shorter but arguably more fun for those who embrace it. I hope in some time we all get used to it and eagerly expect Directs with news for the one or two cool/sometimes great games that will be coming in the next three months with details coming one month before launch. For us fans it is understandable to want to know it all, but form the business perspective of Nintendo is not viable. After all even with a couple of months of no news darkness we will all rush when a masterpiece gets released on their consoles. I think they are serious with their steady flow of titles form first and third, and we will se it. And last but not least IMO the launch window games list can fiirmly stand against the current console releases for the three last months of the year wich is impressive all things considered.

Yes great variety, and you didnt even list NBA 2K13 sports, and Injustice Gods Among Us in Fighting

jmizzal

I wasn't expecting any new games announcements from them for tomorrow or even gamescom. Now given your words I am expecting some stuff (while I wouldn't bet on it) for the latter, so thanks for the tip.

EA came out today and said they will announce 3 new games at gamescom, so I hope by then WiiU versions of those game can be announced if its coming

TriGen

A lot of people seem to forget that Sony's E3 2006 was worse than Nintendo's E3 2012 and the price of the PS3 was $600 which made it even worse.

Sony's E3 2006 was about as bad as it gets. Nintendo in 2012 was not nearly that bad, Nintendo's problem is they didn't do anything special when everyone was pinning their E3 hopes and dreams on them because of no next-gen talk from MS/Sony. I'm not surprised Nintendo held back as they've been committed to only showing games coming out relatively soon for a while now, not to mention E3 being used as more of a mass-market showcase, not a gamer showcase.

Overall I'm happy with the list of Wii U launch window software. I own every console and I don't see the Wii U missing anything I really want this Holiday. I usually get around 2-3 games for a new console, so I figure NSMBU, Rayman Legends, and AC3 I'll grab for the Wii U (I was going to grab Darksiders 2, but I can't wait so PS3 it is). That's enough for me on day one, and then I can consider other games like Pikmin 3, P-100, and Lego CU later on.

Sony's E3 2006 was about as bad as it gets. Nintendo in 2012 was not nearly that bad, Nintendo's problem is they didn't do anything special when everyone was pinning their E3 hopes and dreams on them because of no next-gen talk from MS/Sony. I'm not surprised Nintendo held back as they've been committed to only showing games coming out relatively soon for a while now, not to mention E3 being used as more of a mass-market showcase, not a gamer showcase.

Overall I'm happy with the list of Wii U launch window software. I own every console and I don't see the Wii U missing anything I really want this Holiday. I usually get around 2-3 games for a new console, so I figure NSMBU, Rayman Legends, and AC3 I'll grab for the Wii U (I was going to grab Darksiders 2, but I can't wait so PS3 it is). That's enough for me on day one, and then I can consider other games like Pikmin 3, P-100, and Lego CU later on.

Nintendo saw what E3 meant to the other companies and followed suit. It's just a shame we got our hopes so high, which Nintendo is to blame for since they reserved Spike TV coverage for the first time and got us all thinking they were about to drop the bomb......I think we can all move forward from this and forget about future E3's as something to really get hyped for. Let the companies reveal what they want, when they want, as long as we get something to play and look forward to.

Lol it's like i'm the only person that's actually looking forward to wonderbook
I just don't understand the interest in it - I mean, it's not like anything's changing about the book while you are using it, nor are you really interacting with the physical book - you're just watching a video of yourself interacting with a book. They could do the same thing without a physical book, and the experience would be exactly the same. It's an AR game with a prop.

deviljho

I think we can all move forward from this and forget about future E3's as something to really get hyped for. Let the companies reveal what they want, when they want, as long as we get something to play and look forward to.

I agree. E3 is pretty much irrelevant for news and press releases. For the average consumer, it only serves as hype.

Anth0ny

I honestly believe Sony's E3 2006 press conference blew Nintendo's 2012 conference out of the water. We were spoiled back then. In today's E3 environment, where casual and dudebro gaming rule, I'd kill for a Sony 2006 press conference. Despite the ridiculous price and about 5 different moments that instantly became unforgettable Internet memes... I wanted a PS3 after watching that conference. I wanted it bad. Those graphics were mind blowing back in 2006. They announced games. Lots of them. The MGS4 E3 2006 trailer alone blows the entire Wii U press conference away.

It may be hard to understand for diehard Nintendo fans, but all the Sony fanboys I knew were fucking giddy after that conference. I know if Nintendo announced a top of the line console at E3 this year, and instead of MGS4 and Versus XIII trailers, we got Zelda and Metroid trailers... it would have been one of the best E3s of all time. $599 US dollars would have meant nothing to me.

Instead, we got a console on par with 360/PS3 and some boring footage of games that could pass as Wii games running on Dolphin.

AzaK

How many games do you want? There are a bunch of good titles coming out for many different audiences. But do you really expect there to be 20+ hardcore games in the launch window? They are trying to turn the tide with 3rd parties. We'll see if they are successful, but it's an uphill struggle at this point - one that MS doesn't have.

Will you be blown away by Kinect and Windows 8 integration? Or maybe Wonderbook and Gaikai? Again, how many hardcore titles do you expect MS and Sony to have when they launch?

It's not about the quantity, it's the quality w.r.t. them servicing the "adult" gamer. The year lead up to E3 contained them spouting on about the core gamer and how they lost them and how they want them. Reggie even admitted in not having the games like Skyrim being detrimental. Then they give us the E3 they did.

I don't need 20 hard core games, but I also don't need a year old batman and also other 6 month+ old games being their centrepieces with nary a mention of any core games that we know are coming to PS3/360. If Nintendo want to ensure I go buy a 360 then they can keep going the way they are. That will also ensure I spend money on 360 titles that does not goes into Nintendo's coffers.

I realise there are reasons and that things like Retro's game were ready to show and they chose not to show it (strategic reasons no doubt) but as a consumer I can only go by what they have shown and announced.

Even while what you are saying is right, it is just a different approach coming from very different companies. I remember the PS3 reveal with all those "fake not rendered in PS3 videos" wich coincidentally had the goal of "blow us away" (wich they did, at least for some time). But in the end what matters the most is the day the game or console releases, and having as much hype for that day. If I told you in November that in two weeks the new retro IP is coming, running on Cryengine 3, with all the features and graphics you always dreamed and show you some video and screens you never expected, the hype would be a lot higher pushing you to buy that game instead of let's say Tomb Raider wich in it's own merits it's a damn fine game. You can also see that this approach is being taken by other companies. We have not seen much about Halo Right? Yes they showed a little of gameplay and released some live action videos, but Nintendo has chosen not to do this for two reasons:

One: Their policy is not to show games that are not ready, and...
Two: Doing those live action marketing stunts takes a lot of money and Nintendo prefers to save it or invest it on developing a better game.

At the end this is bad for our nerves, but good for nintendo and gaming quality so we should learn to be Ok with it.

Regarding their policies:

One: It's moronic, especially when you have a new console coming out in a few months.
Two: I don't care about live action stunts. Just make sure you have Tomb Raider, BioShock, GTA V etc and let us know they are coming. Simple. I don't need to see Zelda or Retro's title because I know they will come.

Console gaming was Sony's forte, handhelds the opposite.

I think it would favor whoever can provide the best experiences, not who did what the previous gen.

Considering MS did that with 360 on MTV, I can definitely see a reveal for both that's separate from E3 that's focused on the enthusiast/casual gamer while E3 emphasizes what might interest the non-gamer.

They might use E3 for core stuff, they might not but you can rest assured that SONY and MS will hype the fuck outta their machines and have some super sexy shit to show. Even if it is among some of the more casual stuff that they are doing too. Nintendo had zilch. The hype after their E3 (The whole show, not just the presser) barely registered on the radar. And it's reflected in media and investor impressions also.

deviljho

I honestly believe Sony's E3 2006 press conference blew Nintendo's 2012 conference out of the water.

Instead, we got a console on par with 360/PS3 and some boring footage of games that could pass as Wii games running on Dolphin.

If Nintendo's E3 conference showed a $600 console, then you would probably lick Iwata's shoes just for the chance to buy it. Anyone can make you drool with overpriced hardware and a couple of games.

Terrell

First of all, watching Apophis in the past few pages is.... well, it's something. I think he lost me when he called a real-time strategy game and a sandbox game 'casual'.

PS consoles are inarguably a pillar of their business. Vita is, well, expendable.

Most of the problems Vita is experiencing, including those of Sony's own creation, are attributable to it being a handheld. I don't really think it bodes poorly for PS4.

I'm sorry, but they have huge financial problems, so their business strategy at E3 is to send their brand new platform to die because it's not a home console? If they thought the handheld market was expendable, they should NEVER HAVE RELEASED THE VITA TO BEGIN WITH. To say otherwise is utterly contradictory.

Just face it, man, how they're handling the Vita is how they handle all of their platform unveilings: throw the hardware out and expect 3rd parties to kiss the ground they walk on for deigning to do so by supporting it on their own for up to 3-6 months.

Remember what Sony showed for first-party games in 2006 for PS3? I do. The first-party lineup was its Achilles Heel, and the internet attacked that weak point for massive damage. I remember that all anyone could talk about in a POSITIVE light was what Square Enix and Konami showed for PS3, instead. And when you think back further, to all their other launches, the pattern repeats. PlayStation 1 launched with NO FIRST-PARTY GAMES. PS2? FUCKING FANTAVISION.

If you think Sony's going to bring the house down for anyone next year, then I don't know what to tell you, because Sony's entire history with hardware launches proves that Sony can't make people excited for their own products and need someone else to do it for them. And 3rd-parties finally seemed to smarten the fuck up to that, if the Vita is any indication.

EDarkness

Yeah I've wondered the same. The tune has definitely changed since E3 '11. If EA was still bullish on Wii U then Riccitiello wouldn't have said they don't think Wii U will significantly enhance sales. Even if he thought it he'd have shown himself to be more enthusiastic.

Not sure what has happened, and I doubt we'll ever really get an answer. I did ask a few people I know and even asked at E3, but all I got was a cold shoulder and a "no comment." I think I should have pressed harder, because the whole thing seems to have flip-flopped from last year. Just seems to me that they ended up being pissed off about something that happened, though one person I know speculated that maybe Nintendo's closeness with Ubisoft may have been an issue. Not sure I believe that, though anything is possible at this point.

AniHawk

Not sure what has happened, and I doubt we'll ever really get an answer. I did ask a few people I know and even asked at E3, but all I got was a cold shoulder and a "no comment." I think I should have pressed harder, because the whole thing seems to have flip-flopped from last year. Just seems to me that they ended up being pissed off about something that happened, though one person I know speculated that maybe Nintendo's closeness with Ubisoft may have been an issue. Not sure I believe that, though anything is possible at this point.

it's not like electronic arts hasn't ever been outright pissy about certain developers making games for things before.

god i wish sega buried them.

I think alot of Nintendo fans are just butt hurt...after seeing that bird demo and zelda hd demo last year we wanted to see our franchises at E3 in HD as an actual playing demo not just interactive stuff. Yea we saw Nintendo land and New Super Mario Wii U but thats just not "really" what we wanted to see as the main attraction. People can say we hyped ourselves up to much but yea right, our hype was appropriate according to the situation. Ive never seen a console at E3 pre-launch well 4-5 months before launch so horribly presented. If thats how E3s are from now Including microsofts and sonys I really wont give a hype anymore. Like most of us here I think for Nintendo fans Nintendo Direct is a much reliant way to look forward to what they will bring as E3 is more competition oriented (as it sucks to see your company deliver lackluster presention compated to others) and like the vows of Nintendo...They really dont give a shit about comp. So just look at the now and the future cant keep linguring in the past.

Dr.Hadji

Funny, all the games on GAF 'most anticipated games of 2012' were all featured heavily at E3. Are those not core games for GAF core gamers or is it just much more likely that E3 can cater to multiple audiences.

I think Nintendo should've really shown more violent games, as most if not all of the celebrated E3 games displayed a level of violence that makes kids glee with guilty joy and dudebros go fuck yeah, CQ shotgun headshut, fuck Yeah!!!!

I find it sad when games like Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unlimited or P-100 are seen as inferior or unworthy of attention because they're not fitting the skewed gamer definition of mature and core enough.

Honestly, this is what I took away from this E3. If it's not a shootbang, second grade drama writing white supremacy game, it's not core.

Fuck that. No really, fuck that.

Core obviously never meant anything like intriguing game design or interesting game mechanics, but merely male power fantasy shoot and gunporn variety # 23945 v. 1.4.

All of E3 this year was filled with that shit. And half of it doesn't even come close to the creative scope of Rayman Legends or Scribblenauts.

Then you have Pikmin 3... people dismiss it because it doesn't look like a makro photograph of a garden, and worse yet, because it plays like Pikmin... who would've thought that. Nintendo should've rebooted the franchise with a gritty white male lead, included visceral 32 player online combat with XP progression and emblems to decorate players e-peen.

I wonder if people think those games shown by Nintendo and some 3rd parties are unworthy of success because they don't fit the perceived image of "mature" as laughably idiotic as the term mature is used in the context of gamedesign and content, or because they expect these games anyway and treat them as given instead of a fresh breeze of air in a release landscape that looks like a 13 year old metal heads sketchbook has come to life: Tits, guns, swords and violence, ridiculous one liners and a morbid fascination with fascist gun touting war fantasies.

AniHawk

I think Nintendo should've really shown more violent games, as most if not all of the celebrated E3 games displayed a level of violence that makes kids glee with guilty joy and dudebros go fuck yeah, CQ shotgun headshut, fuck Yeah!!!!

I find it sad when games like Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unlimited or P-100 are seen as inferior or unworthy of attention because they're not fitting the skewed gamer definition of mature and core enough.

Honestly, this is what I took away from this E3. If it's not a shootbang, second grade drama writing white supremacy game, it's not core.

Core obviously never meant anything like intriguing game design or interesting game mechanics, but merely male power fantasy shoot and gunporn variety # 23945 v. 1.4.

All of E3 this year was filled with that shit. And half of it doesn't even come close to the creative scope of Rayman Legends or Scribblenauts.

Then you have Pikmin 3... people dismiss it because it doesn't look like a makro photograph of a garden, and worse yet, because it plays like Pikmin... who would've thought that. Nintendo should've rebooted the franchise with a gritty white male lead, included visceral 32 player online combat with XP progression and emblems to decorate players e-peen.

I wonder if people think those games shown by Nintendo and some 3rd parties are unworthy of success because they don't fit the perceived image of "mature" as laughably idiotic as the term mature is used in the context of gamedesign and content, or because they expect these games anyway and treat them as given instead of a fresh breeze of air in a release landscape that looks like a 13 year old metal heads sketchbook has come to life: Tits, guns, swords and violence, ridiculous one liners and a morbid fascination with fascist gun touting war fantasies.

i think some people wanted to see some glimpse of the future, and instead they got a wii up-port, nsmbu, and a bunch of casual games and multiplatform stuff. and p-100 and zombi u.

rayman legends looks awesome, but pretty much any non-exclusive gets sidelined for not being exclusive.

AzaK

^^ I see your point and agree that homogenisation and nothing but über violence sucks. However that's not what I'm arguing. I want such variety that I can get Rayman AND headshot-titty-game on the same platform.

you dont have to wonder everybody knows this.

MDX

There is a good amount of games to play.
And for that reason, I believe Nintendo can launch the system in mid-October
vs November:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40175427&postcount=1

Nintendo just has to decide if they want to launch with a large retail
presence in November, and push a lot of titles into 2013, or give publishers an extra month to space out their titles this year leading up to Xmas.

A lot of people are judging the WiiU on some of the older ports its getting ( though, once can easily argue that at least two of them will not be straight ports). And the reason for this is to paint the WiiU as not being "core" ready. The WiiU has Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, AvP:CM, major sports titles, Project Cars, CoD:BO2, etc. for its launch window.

Im glad Nintendo did not reveal more titles during E3. I prefer Nintendo to hype games if they are close to release vs having to wait a year or more for them. If Pikmin3 was an unannounced game for E3, people would have been more favorable towards Nintendo's presentation.

japtor

You all must share in my pain.

Forever.
Imagine if it ended with Star Fox x Metroid.

Sonic Kart 2!

I think DiRT and F1 were in the sizzle reel but there hasn't been anything about them since afaik, barring vague Codemasters stuff like some next gen engine thing.

Wonder if the more elaborate screens are for a manager/coach mode and/or for multiplayer (i.e. gamepad player is the manager/coach, others are regular players).

Pittree

Regarding their policies:

One: It's moronic, especially when you have a new console coming out in a few months.
Two: I don't care about live action stunts. Just make sure you have Tomb Raider, BioShock, GTA V etc and let us know they are coming. Simple. I don't need to see Zelda or Retro's title because I know they will come.

One: Nintendo does not make the usual" epic cutscene trailer" for showing their games (Zelda being kind of an exception). What they want to show is what they are better at and it is more important on their minds...gameplay. And this goes for first and third party.
If the game is not near final on the aesthetics and gameplay implementation it is a no show. If what you want to see is a graphical showcase, and most of all a "show off" you are looking at the wrong company. This is not to say they don't have excellent graphics implementation it is just that they don't feel like showing off those things unlike the others. Good graphics (not gfx) is necessary for great experiences but those things are evident and only serve to the gameplay experience, so that is what they spend more time showing. In fact that was their goal at E3, showing the new gameplay experience. They have already told you Zelda, Metroid and all those others are coming, why spend money on a cgi trailer of a WIP concept just to please a few of us?

Two: Reggie have been vocal about pursuing developers and pressing them to bring their products on their consoles, however the only thing you can do is:

Ask actively to the developers to bring their content
Implement exciting innovative and unique ideas for your console
Deliver a sucessful console with the most large userbase
Make it balanced so it is easy and less expensive to develop for
Include features "on par" to the other consoles
Give different UI options for every type of gamers (controller pro, wiimote...)
Offer incentives
Give developers opportunity to fix issues and earn more revenues trough digital content.
Offer technical support from your top engineers and developers
Support developers by publishing their games
And wait for them to give you the finger on your console

If some popular games are not coming to Nintendo consoles it is because of a short sighted decision of publishers and developers not Nintendos fault, at least not per se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom