• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIS

Kinda a big blow for them to outright say the Wii-U is for casuals. /sigh... They're just paving the way for other 3rd parties now.

I remember in the 6th generation where FPS, sports games, sandbox games, and all the "dudebro" games were considered the casual ones.. Oh how time has changed.

big_erk

Future.jpg
They're from the future.

BD1

Banned
Kinda a big blow for them to outright say the Wii-U is for casuals. /sigh... They're just paving the way for other 3rd parties now.

Not really, they've been emphasizing the "core" gameplay is all there.

Not to mention the Wii U was designed to be played by "casuals" too

Meelow

Banned
Other than the "casual" statements FIfa 13 looks great on Wii U, hopefully Nintendo shows EA that the Wii U is for Core as well.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm really trying to think of another launch where there were as many games that I wanted. Going back all the way to the SNES launch, I can't think of any at the moment.

I almost agree.
but I'm still so confused and scared about the months right after the launch...

PhantomR

Banned
I mean you go from seeing that AMAZING version of FIFA for Wii U, to this really awkward and kinda lame version for iOS, and it's like....come on now.

DynamicG

The FIFA demonstrator would say features were casual and then he would show modes where more information about the gameplay was made accessible during gameplay and in interesting visual formats. That's weird definition of casual.

To me it seems like flipping through menus with stats and gameplay options during the game isn't casual.

The_Lump

Banned
I've decided to take the term 'casual' as a positive. There are much much more potential 'casual' gamers out there than 'hardcore' gamers. Wii U ftw.

Sobs into keyboard

Hoodbury

The FIFA demonstrator would say features were casual and then he would show modes where more information about the gameplay was made accessible during gameplay and in interesting visual formats. That's weird definition of casual.

To me it seems like flipping through menus with stats and gameplay options during the game isn't casual.

Mixed messages about the Wii-U? That's unprecedented.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, is the presentation console-split?
First Wii U, now mobile, than PS360?
Can we consider the WiiU part finished?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
[Clark Gable];40558217 said:
I hope you guys were FIFA fans before, if not you are a fickle bunch.

Are 6 games in the last 4 years enough to be consider a Fifa fan? :D

1 on the Wii
1 on the PSP
1 on the 3DS
1 on the xbox
2 on the PS3

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The GamePad functionality for Madden Wii U looks fantastic

Details please.

I saw the option for two Gamepads in the menu.

I dont want to jump the gun, but if both support two pad local play this early,, that's a megaton in my book. I'll most likely buy a second Gamerpad along with both Madden and Fifa. Playing with my brothers will make the holidays legendary.

Donnie

EA Sports seem to be very confused. They're talking about making FIFA easier to play for more casual gamers (with rumours of some new features left out though I don't know if he confirmed that there). Yet on the other hand they're making a game that only the most hardcore Football fans would want (all the instant tactic changes, drawing player runs during gameplay ect). They really don't seem to know what they want to do with the game. It could still be great, but they may have messed up significantly if they leave out new more complex gameplay features because of some kind of delusion that they're designing a casual Football game.. Leave everything in and that would be by far the most comprehensive Football game ever designed.

One of the features they showed was the ability to, while calling a play audible, change the route of your receivers by just drawing on the screen where you want them to go. That's pretty badass.

As awesome as that sounds it seems like more potential on Defense I always thought. Examples: simply touch a player and it double teams him, spy a running style QB (Cam Newton, Vick, etc...), Blitz specific players, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom