• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks the same as the 360/PS3 build.

Really? I must have not been following the game well enough on the hd twins. Though i have to admit the only screenshot i saw for the wii u version was this
me3_wii_u-2.jpg

but i still thought it was impressive......except for that neck. Ewww

Really? I must have not been following the game well enough on the hd twins. Though i have to admit the only screenshot i saw for the wii u version was this
me3_wii_u-2.jpg

but i still thought it was impressive......except for that neck. Ewww

WTF?! Where did you see that?

Edit: Nevermind, NintendoEverything just updated.... and holy fuck they look amazing.

PhantomR

Banned
Where did you find that screenshot? I haven't seen any in-game screenshots for the Wii U version outside of that extremely brief one that EA showed at the conference today.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It looks literally exactly like the PS3/360 build. The PC build was barely any different, sans the expected resolution/IQ improvements.

AzaK

ME1+ME2 comic confirmed for ME3 Wii U. Thus people now have a better reason to play it.

Yeah, great they mentioned that. It might push me over the edge on the game.

Looks like they've done great on FIFA. Shame about the idiot doing the presentation. "Casual" this, "The casual Wii U demographic" blah blah. At first I wasn't quite sure if the game was going to be the normal game with added Wii U stuff or a dumbed down version.

Shame about all the other titles like MoH not getting a Wii U version :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah, great they mentioned that. It might push me over the edge on the game.

Looks like they've done great on FIFA. Shame about the idiot doing the presentation. "casual", "the casual Wii U demographic" blah blah. At first I wasn't quite sure if the game was going to be the normal game with added Wii U stuff or a dumbed down version.

Shame about all the other titles like MoH not getting a Wii U version :(

I want to read that every single mode from the PS360 versions will be there, and I think I'll be sold.

Glad to see and hear some positive official Wii U news at last.

Fifa 13 and Madden 13 for launch day is massive and while it would have been nice to have MoH 2 along with them you have to take you're hat off to EA for giving their two biggest sports franchises and ME3 for launch day, they are supporting the console a lot more than many other developers, i don't understand the hate they seem to get from Nintendo fans tbh.

Looks like they are trying to do something interesting with the tablet aswell rather than just putting team line ups / stats on them.

/Tips virtual hat to EA.

If Nintendo can snag Blops 2 aswell then they should be in a very strong position for launch.

Bring on the Sept show (i think the August one will be very 3DS / 3DS XL heavy), where we hopefully get a concrete release date for both the console and launch games and a price.

Dare they go to $250 if there is no game included ?.

Glad to see and hear some positive official Wii U news at last.

Fifa 13 and Madden 13 for launch day is massive and while it would have been nice to have MoH 2 along with them you have to take you're hat off to EA for giving their two biggest sports franchises and ME3 for launch day, they are supporting the console a lot more than many other developers, i don't understand the hate they seem to get from Nintendo fans tbh.

Looks like they are trying to do something interesting with the tablet aswell rather than just putting team line ups / stats on them.

/Tips virtual hat to EA.

If Nintendo can snag Blops 2 they should be in a very strong position for launch.

Bring on the Sept show (i think the August one will be very 3DS / 3DS XL heavy), where we hopefully get a concrete release date for both the console and launch games and a price.

Dare they go to $250 if there is no game included ?.

I'm just not sold on ME3 being the right game to bring over with the 2 sports titles. Why not bring over Army of Two or MoH 2 instead? Overall though, I'm happy with the support as it could have been worse. I just think if you switch ME3 out for either of the other titles mentioned and it's a lot better lineup that EA is bringing.

The_Lump

Banned
Having rewatched the Fifa demo:

a) The guy is wearing a City jersey, which immediately makes me weary of him

b) It actually sounds a lot more like its exactly like the 360/PS3 versions, but with added extras. He expressly says that the additions are to "bring the casual audience in" rather than excluding the hardcore which is how I initially took it. Even says you can play it exactly like the other consoles and that 'everything's in there'.

My worries have subsided. Except for the City support.

Mass Effect looks nice too. As expected.

Alchemy

I'm seriously confused on why Madde/Fifa/CoD is a good thing for the Wii U launch. All three games are multiplatform even before the Wii U, and will see earlier releases on those platforms before the Wii U. None of those will help ship more Wii U units. These aren't new games only possible on the Wii U, they're Wii U versions of the same games people can already buy for systems they would already own if they're fans of those series.

This is at best a win for Wii only gamers, maybe pushing them to adopt the system earlier then they initially planned? Seems unlikely to really make any difference in the systems launch performance.

The_Lump

Banned
For some reason seeing ZL and ZR excites me. NOVEMBER IS FAR AWAY.

Thank you to everyone posting information about the conference, btw.

Me too! Reminds me of looking through nom (as it was back in the day) when GC was near launch and see the onscreen button icons for the first time. Or seeing my first screen of Oot and seeing the button icons at the top. Excite.

Having rewatched the Fifa demo:

a) The guy is wearing a City jersey, which immediately makes me weary of him

b) It actually sounds a lot more like its exactly like the 360/PS3 versions, but with added extras. He expressly says that the additions are to "bring the casual audience in" rather than excluding the hardcore which is how I initially took it. Even says you can play it exactly like the other consoles and that 'everything's in there'.

My worries have subsided. Except for the City support.

Mass Effect looks nice too. As expected.

Seeing that shirt was enough to convert me from PES ;)

Just attuning myself to the news now. So that dog shit before about Fifa U built on the old engine, was that confirmed? I find it hard to believe.

Meelow

Banned
Just attuning myself to the news now. So that dog shit before about Fifa U built on the old engine, was that confirmed? I find it hard to believe.

I think it was false, they said the Wii U version is the same as the PS3/360 version other than the Wii U having the added features and graphical upgrade, they wouldn't say that if Fifa 13 Wii U was Fifa 12, it seems like GI got their info wrong.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Final Fantasy XIII-3 might be on Wii U? (You know the new FFXIII project is XIII-3)

Ugh. Somebody notify me when they start remaking games from an interesting universe.

joesiv

Does not bode well for the future...

While it's annoying to know that the Wii U isn't getting the latest version/code base, it's kind of expected.

Sports games in generally have to hit their dates, and adding a new SKU/platform, especially one that needs such additional design/tweaking would for sure have slowed the mainline project down.

using last years code base with a special team to get things up and running and implemented makes sense.

As for the future, it's actually bright! Since this years title is also based off last years code base, next years title would surely have the Wii U title aligned properly, as it won't be coming in late. All work done on this years Wii U title will be easily portable to the next years code.

<edit> I should also mention that given the Wii U's secrecy, it is also possible that a special team was put together using last years code prior to even the rest of the company knowing about it. I worked at EA Burnaby (where fifa is developed) while the PS3/Xbox360/Wii was revealed, and this is how they handled secrecy, not everyone knows about some of this confidential stuff. I guess if this is true, then it's one down side of launch titles for a new platform.

It's been 6 pages since then and I still can't get over that "Casual/Core: Pikmin 3" crap you pulled Apophis2036 >_>

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it pal ;), it's just my opinion, a little cute astronaut pulling plants out of the ground and running around an oversized garden telling them what to pick up doesn't exactly scream hardcore to me but if it does to you then cool.

For the record Pikmin 3, P-100 and maybe Zombi U are the only three Wii U games i would pay full price for at this point.

It will be an exclusives only system for me whenever i get one, just like every other Nintendo system i have owned.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm seriously confused on why Madde/Fifa/CoD is a good thing for the Wii U launch. All three games are multiplatform even before the Wii U, and will see earlier releases on those platforms before the Wii U. None of those will help ship more Wii U units. These aren't new games only possible on the Wii U, they're Wii U versions of the same games people can already buy for systems they would already own if they're fans of those series.

This is at best a win for Wii only gamers, maybe pushing them to adopt the system earlier then they initially planned? Seems unlikely to really make any difference in the systems launch performance.

It isn't such great news as it is an absence of bad news. Not having FIFA and Madden at launch would be a terrible sign.

AzaK

I want to read that every single mode from the PS360 versions will be there, and I think I'll be sold.

I'm pretty sure during that presentation he does say that it's the same game and you can play the exact same way if you want. Of course that doesn't mean they haven't removed modes I guess. I'm not a FIFA player so what modes would be there?

DrWong

I saw the option for two Gamepads in the menu.

Who was it who said they saw support for two Gamepads in FIFA?

iqUtedBhv8FV3.png

Doesn't seem so to me.

Don't know from where your screenshot comes but it's not from in the EA showcase demo. As you can see in the video, starting at 8.11, the gamepad is not in the same slot.

http://youtu.be/G70g2taKNNg?t=8m11s

I think we can't conclude from these screens that it won't have 2 gamepad support. But even if it would be a good surprise, based on how this feature hasn't really been pushed and only confirmed really late, I prefer to consider it unlikely so soon in the Wii U life cycle.

Alchemy

It isn't such great news as it is an absence of bad news. Not having FIFA and Madden at launch would be a terrible sign.

I would have been more worried if the Wii U was already out for the regular release schedule for those games and they didn't get a version. If they waited I would have felt more confident that they were doing something unique for the Wii U, as it is I'm just expecting bland ports.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it pal ;), it's just my opinion, a little cute astronaut pulling plants out of the ground and running around an oversized garden telling them what to pick up doesn't exactly scream hardcore to me but if it does to you then cool.

What does that have to do with whether or not it is a game for experienced players?

Haha. Just like seeing last season probably converted him to supporting City XD
couldn't resist, sorry

Seriously though, PES will either have to step up to the plate, or ignore WiiU altogether.

PES showed on the Wii that it could easily step up to the plate. Pointer controls vs touch controls incoming!

ibbNj86tEdZnTy.gif

The_Lump

Banned

For the record Pikmin 3, P-100 and maybe Zombi U are the only three Wii U games i would pay full price for at this point.

It will be an exclusives only system for me whenever i get one, just like every other Nintendo system i have owned.

Not to stir the debate again, but you can be 'hardcore' about anything. I know hardcore Bubble Bobble players :)

Maybe your idea of hardcore is another man's idea of 'not cute'? Pikmin requires a lot of thought and has room for a lot of skill - but it just looks very friendly and cute.

I think it was false, they said the Wii U version is the same as the PS3/360 version other than the Wii U having the added features and graphical upgrade, they wouldn't say that if Fifa 13 Wii U was Fifa 12, it seems like GI got their info wrong.

Good, good. It just makes sense any way as if/when they build updates/DLC, I'm sure they would want to make make them across for one engine, not two!!

You know, I respect them for making this game for core fans and casuals, too (as long as they achieve it, saying that a PS3 player will not notice any difference suggests they will.) Personally, I bet the majority of players on the PS360 who play Fifa, and other core games, play with a below core more come casual skill level anyway... so get on the Wii U.

Fifa WiiU; reviews pending, it looks like the one to own if you're a footy fan.

ASIS

That is one tenth of the reason why people find Pikmin appealing.

That is one tenth of the reason why people find Pikmin appealing.

Yeah, I used to watch a lot of horror films when I was younger; Evil Dead; Bad Taste; yadda yadda, but I just haven't got the stomach for such media any more - I grew out of it! So who's really the 'kiddies' here? The people who are mature enough to move on from salacious macabre blood and guts titillation, or those who can't?

jerd

This is true in the same way super meat boy is about a cute wad of meat looking to save his girlfriend, or how minecraft is about gathering supplies and resources to build yourself a nice house with your avatar of your choosing, in a world inhabited by cute chickens and cows. Its really not that hard to make a lot of games sound really casual :)

JordanN

Banned
I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

Fanbolt said:
In a recent discussion with you we found out that you are working on a new downloadable game for Wii U. It was mentioned that it is a futuristic action title. Are there any further details you can discuss with us at the moment about this title?

Manfred Lizner: It's a spin off and, due to the Wii U's power, a real jaw dropper. More details are to be released by the end of summer.
Source: Fanbolt Gaming Digital Magazine - July 2012 Special Edition

Also, the game is said to be a launch window for Wii U.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, I used to watch a lot of horror films when I was younger; Evil Dead; Bad Taste; yadda yadda, but I just haven't got the stomach for such media any more - I grew out of it! So who's really the 'kiddies' here? The people who are mature enough to move on from salacious macabre blood and guts titillation, or those who can't?

The mature people are the ones who stopped giving a shit about what other people thought, accepted the differing opinions and tastes between the some 6.9 billion people who inhabit this Earth, and got one with enjoying whatever it is they wish to enjoy regardless of what others are doing.

The mature people are the ones who stopped giving a shit about what other people thought, accepted the differing opinions and tastes between the some 6.9 billion people who inhabit this Earth, and got one with enjoying whatever it is they wish to enjoy regardless of what others are doing.

I had this epiphany at like 24.

Now I just make fun of people who haven't!

Because they release next year and the WiiU launches this year? I know AoT is 2013, don't know about MoH actually...

AoT is March 2013 and I'd much prefer to have a good game 3 months after launch that is launched at the same exact time as other Platforms then have a year old port. MoH is Oct, IIRC.... Still, I'm sure they could have released one of those 2 titles and ME3. :)

I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

Source: Fanbolt Gaming Digital Magazine - July 2012 Special Edition

Also, the game is said to be a launch window for Wii U.

Who are they interviewing, lol. If it was Shin'en, then yeah, it's been spoken about here before a little.

Don't know from where your screenshot comes but it's not from in the EA showcase demo. As you can see in the video, starting at 8.11, the gamepad is not in the same slot.

http://youtu.be/G70g2taKNNg?t=8m11s

I think we can't conclude from these screens that it won't have 2 gamepad support. But even if it would be a good surprise, based on how this feature hasn't really been pushed and only confirmed really late, I prefer to consider it unlikely so soon in the Wii U life cycle.

Er..what? I did take it from the showcase demo. Its right there in the video you linked :s What do you mean it's not in the same slot?

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom