• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerit

The sooner we can get out of the mobile version of this conference. The better. Seriously.

and right into the sims 3:seasons.....

4000083099_0f927272d6.jpg

The_Lump

Banned
Pretty much, everything they showed look more for core gamers than casual, maybe they are scared to say the Wii U is core so they just say casual lol.

Yeah it's like a new buzzword for them. But with the opposite effect to an actual buzzword :D

EA Sports seem to be very confused. They're talking about making FIFA easier to play for more casual gamers (with rumours of some new features left out though I don't know if he confirmed that there). Yet on the other hand they're making a game that only the most hardcore Football fans would want (all the instant tactic changes, drawing player runs during gameplay ect). They really don't seem to know what they want to do with the game. It could still be great, but they may have messed up significantly if they leave out new more complex gameplay features because of some kind of delusion that they're designing a casual Football game.. Leave everything in and that would be by far the most comprehensive Football game ever designed.

This. Truly bizarre. Put it this way; I play A LOT of FIFA and I think the WiiU version looks awesome. Lots of features I'm really interested in. Would be shameful, not to mention contradictory, if they left out some of the other new mechanical/physics elements they've improved upon which make the game more fluid and easier to control.

Meelow

Banned
Yeah it's like a new buzzword for them. But with the opposite effect to an actual buzzword :D

Yeah after this conference I won't take EA seriously when they say "casual" and "core".

Because the stuff they showed for Fifa 13 iOS, etc looked more for casual and the Wii U version is core.

Hoodbury

Did they talk about any of the features for Fifa like online and that kind of stuff, or just demo the gameplay and show what the gamepad can do?

LOL, ME3 Leviathan doesn't even come to Wii U after they bring the franchise over a year late....

Wouldn't announcing a new ME3 title help sell the original ME3 title?

Meelow

Banned
LOL, ME3 Leviathan doesn't even come to Wii U after they bring the franchise over a year late....

It is coming out this Summer that's why, it will probably be in the retail version of Wii U at launch.

Mass Effect 3 Wii U news!.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ME1+ME2 comic confirmed for ME3 Wii U. Thus people now have a better reason to play it.

big_erk

Leviathan is DLC, wouldn't make sense to announce it before the core game is released for the system. Maybe it'll be included on the disk.

Leviathan is DLC, wouldn't make sense to announce it before the core game is released for the system. Maybe it'll be included on the disk.

They just announced a comic that covers the story of ME1 and ME2 so it would make a lot of sense to announce the Wii U version will include all DLC when it's released. Maybe it will be included, but with them announcing the comic I would have expected them to say something regarding all DLC also...

Then again, maybe it was because of the time frames.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will that be sufficient to make ME3 worthwhile?

In my opinion no, because I believe the journey is more important than the destination, and no amount of comic books (interactive or otherwise) can make up for 60 - 100 hours of questing and character development across two games prior to the final chapter.

But in terms of keeping the story relevant and in context, people who do want to play ME3 will at least now know what's going on.

PhantomR

Banned
That's unfortunate that we're not getting Medal Of Honor, but I'm VERY happy with how FIFA is coming along and we get Madden as well. So I'm good. Hopefully we'll get some footage of how Mass Effect 3 looks as well.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
That's unfortunate that we're not getting Medal Of Honor, but I'm VERY happy with how FIFA is coming along and we get Madden as well. So I'm good. Hopefully we'll get some footage of how Mass Effect 3 looks as well.

Yes I think it is safe to say we know EA's lineup- Mass Effect, FIFA, and Madden.

Cheers!

Meelow

Banned

I'm hoping it's announced at the Fall Conference or some other place, it was heavily hinted at, at GDC 2012.

And people that where disappointed by the conference I told you guys I wasn't going to get hyped and guess what I got more than expected lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, just fifa, madden and me3, right?
with good news for all the three of them, but no additional reveal (no medal of honor, no army of two, no need for speed, no dead space...?)

disappointing..also if I'll probably buy fifa day1

Meelow

Banned
What did they say about MOH Wii U at GDC?

I don't remember where but it was confirmed on a top gaming site and than quickly removed for nobody too see it.

So, just fifa, madden and me3, right?
with good news for all the three of them, but no additional reveal (no medal of honor, no army of two, no need for speed, no dead space...?)

disappointing..also if I'll probably buy fifa day1

Well Army of Two and Dead Space 3 wasn't even at the conference so we don't know about them.

Because If it comes with Wii U it's not DLC.

That's normally announced in GOTY titles, no? I guess I'm just frustrated with the entire ME situation on Wii U. If they would have released ME2 and all DLC it won't be so bad.

At any rate, Madden and fifa look good, IMO. It may have been expected by most, but I'm still happy to get an announcement and a first look at it. Also, I am glad there will be an interactive story for ME, though that doesn't change anything for me, hopefully it will for others.

EatChildren

You guys should know that EA's summer showcase has always focused on casual and mobile market games over other stuff. If you want bigger announcements from EA wait for Gamescom.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From the EA Official Press Release.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ is developing its two most popular sports videogames—FIFA Soccer 13 and Madden NFL 13—for Nintendo Wii U™. Featuring award-winning gameplay, HD graphics and new ways to play, FIFA Soccer 13 and Madden NFL 13 promise to be incredibly innovative sports games on the Wii U, and they will be in stores around the world when the new console launches.

So, today EA showed its Wii U launch lineup: all the three titles featured launch with the console.

Meelow

Banned
That's normally announced in GOTY titles, no? I guess I'm just frustrated with the entire ME situation on Wii U. If they would have released ME2 and all DLC it won't be so bad.

At any rate, Madden and fifa look good, IMO. It may have been expected by most, but I'm still happy to get an announcement and a first look at it. Also, I am glad there will be an interactive story for ME, though that doesn't change anything for me, hopefully it will for others.

Trust me if Mass Effect 2 was confirmed for Wii U people would be complaining how the Wii U just keep getting old ports.

Pineconn

Dammit, now I might have to buy Madden for the first time since '97. (Although I find NCAA Football to be better.)

Now to scour YouTube for a recording...

You guys should know that EA's summer showcase has always focused on casual and mobile market games over other stuff. If you want bigger announcements from EA wait for Gamescom.

That's why everyone was hyped...JK :p

I think it was a good conference overall for Wii U. Madden and fifa look like they may be the definitive versions. I'm not sure how many players will migrate to Wii U for those titles though considering the existing Online infrastructure on PS360. Still, it's nice to see that Wii U is getting equal, or greater, ports of some of the important titles.

Trust me if Mass Effect 2 was confirmed for Wii U people would be complaining how the Wii U just keep getting old ports.

I meant they include it on the same disc with ME1 comic, DLC, and ME3... I know it was never very likely but I think it would have sold a lot more and it would be an easier sell for them at the likely full price they are going to ask.

jerd

At this point I can't see myself spending more than $40 at launch on ME3 unless it includes Leviathan, or allows you to play exclusively on the gamepad (because I love the gamepad only shit). I'm having a really hard time hyping myself up for basically starting the series over.

Meelow

Banned
I meant they include it on the same disc with ME1 comic, DLC, and ME3... I know it was never very likely but I think it would have sold a lot more and it would be an easier sell for them at the likely full price they are going to ask.

It's EA, they would never do that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So I guess the next thing(s) to look froward to concerning WiiU are:

- August Nintendo Direct
- Japanese Wii U support announcement/conference
- September WiiU launch conference

Note: one and two could be the same thing.

Anyways, off to the WiiU experience. I'll post impressions later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom