• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris3116

Rösti;40614878 said:
I've been becoming more and more tired of Nintendo's secrecy regarding Wii U's hardware. While there have been some leaks with information labeled valid, it's not, as you wrote, confirmation of anything. It's also frustrating that AMD and IBM haven't shared a single public quote about Wii U this year, through their respective websites and investor meetings anyway.

The working partners we have gotten limited information from include Coxon Group, MoSys and InvenSense/Lingsen. But that's very limited information and tells virtually nothing about Wii U's hardware, the greatest news is that Wii U won't utilize 1T-SRAM (could DDR3 be enough for Nintendo?). Upcoming events are IBM's 3Q 2012 Earnings Announcement on the 16th of October and AMD's Q3 2012 Earnings Conference Call on the 18th of October. I don't expect any quotes here, but if they want to talk about Wii U this is more or less their final opportunity before the machine launches.

And also, just as something to think about, IBM shipped the first microprocessor for Wii on the 8th of September, 2006. That's more than two months between shipping and release of Wii. If this formula applies to Wii U I don't know, but maybe news about the first Wii U processor shipping will come soon.

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/20213.wss

You should have known better Nintendo. They won't release any specs for Wii U. Nintendo didn't reveal any specs for DS, 3DS and Wii. It will be a 3rd party company that will release them not even IBM will release anything.

Stewox

Banned
I hope they think about clock unlock later, it may just be possible, the noise of the cooling is the least of problems.

WiiU controller could be an explosion being used for innovation in stuff like FPS and JPRG as you can see, obviously FPS used in the WiiU Zapper method which includes Wii remotes. Mainstream people don't see this controller actually is great, and with zero latency problems this is going to be a win for 3rd parties looking to do some custom stuff on there for example I hope Carmack does something cool and new with it.

For anyone interested in scanning for some potential WiiU stuff or just laughing: Michael Pachter along with annoying media dude Geoff Keighley will be talking here in just 15 minutes http://www.own3d.tv/QuakeCon/live/95671

116-you-activated-my-trap-card.jpg

...and they fell for it.

that image :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtoJg3hbyTo

Meelow

Banned
Nintendo Direct this month will probably be about 3DS again, and there could be more announcements than in your normal ND, since the September Conference will have a great focus on Wii U: it's there we'll have launch date, price, infos about the system, launch lineup and brand new games announced.

If the Nintendo Direct this month is about the 3DS I will get so mad, I'm done with the 3DS focus this past year, I want Wii U news because I already have a 3DS I love it sure but I done with the 3DS focus, I want a Wii U focus before the Fall Conference so we can have 2 and Nintendo said "2012 is the year of the Wii U" well right now it seems like they want focus on the 3DS so much and I'm tired of it....I just want Wii U news :(.

Just no.

Tekken producer sais something, GAF goes: "HAHAHAHAHA weak ass cpu confirmed times 1000!!!"

But how is it possible that Ubi has AC3 running on it thats a shitton of more CPU demanding than a simple fighting game?

The funny thing is the Tekken Producer said a few days after that his comment was twisted around.

Banned
I'm going to say this more bluntly since you seemed to not get the hint the first time: please stop linking to garbage threads by people who have no actual information.

The thread above consists of regular Neogaf posters (including yourself lol) and a guy who totally has a friend who knows something about the WiiU.

He's not an anonymous dev working on the WiiU. He's not even the friend of a guy working on the WiiU. He is a guy who says he has a "source" (who may not even be a developer) who knows stuff about the WiiU - totes!

It's completely pointless to link to that thread as if it is a source of information. It's literally just a guy saying something.

You are here on Neogaf linking to your own B3D threads as evidence, and on B3D linking to your own Neogaf threads as evidence. Meanwhile neither you nor any of the people you are talking to are actually developers with relevant information. It's all extremely silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1sZZiMA-xk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Banned
Just no.

Tekken producer sais something, GAF goes: "HAHAHAHAHA weak ass cpu confirmed times 1000!!!"

But how is it possible that Ubi has AC3 running on it thats a shitton of more CPU demanding than a simple fighting game?
Because random people on the Internet make up a rumor and claim to "know a guy" and people take it as fact.

I can do it too.

A girl I know works at Ubisoft Toronto just around the corner from my house. I asked her if she has a Wii U dev kit and what she thinks of it. She told me "it's got an impressive GPU and has way more RAM than the 360 and PS3" I asked her if the CPU was weak and she said "I wouldn't say weaker, it's different. The programmers need to code a little differently for it because of the way it handles processes so it's kinda more of a pain if we want to directly port our PS360 games over. But if the effort is put in, it could be ported. Just look at Assassins Creed III" she said with a smile.

Who are you're 'sources' BG ?, it baffles me that someone who hasn't owned a console since the N64 knows so much about all three next gen consoles.

It baffled me too, but I sure wasn't going to complain. All I did was start the first Wii U thread to help clean up the board from all those articles with little, vague info. Then I made some accurate guesses about Wii U's target specs and things opened up from there. That's how I ended up hearing about the PS4 specs last year.

Lol that is half of gaf. Most folks dont play the games they just talk about them. Thats why theres hella trolls in threads. They go off of reading gaf forums and industry reviews. Theres no way these people played and put time in all these games they supposedly dislike or consoles they dont like. To prove it they talk about consoles/games that havent even came out yet! Can you believe that!?

That's why I talk very little about current and most past games.

Rösti;40614878 said:
I've been becoming more and more tired of Nintendo's secrecy regarding Wii U's hardware. While there have been some leaks with information labeled valid, it's not, as you wrote, confirmation of anything. It's also frustrating that AMD and IBM haven't shared a single public quote about Wii U this year, through their respective websites and investor meetings anyway.

The working partners we have gotten limited information from include Coxon Group, MoSys and InvenSense/Lingsen. But that's very limited information and tells virtually nothing about Wii U's hardware, the greatest news is that Wii U won't utilize 1T-SRAM (could DDR3 be enough for Nintendo?). Upcoming events are IBM's 3Q 2012 Earnings Announcement on the 16th of October and AMD's Q3 2012 Earnings Conference Call on the 18th of October. I don't expect any quotes here, but if they want to talk about Wii U this is more or less their final opportunity before the machine launches.

And also, just as something to think about, IBM shipped the first microprocessor for Wii on the 8th of September, 2006. That's more than two months between shipping and release of Wii. If this formula applies to Wii U I don't know, but maybe news about the first Wii U processor shipping will come soon.

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/20213.wss

Yeah if it weren't for you we'd probably still be wondering what role does 1T-SRAM play. But I do know for sure after you found the MoSys info, that eDRAM is playing the 1T-SRAM role.

The CPU could be weaker. I doubt the system as a whole is though.

Still seems like the most likely issue is the CPU doesn't have something akin to SPEs or VMX128.

Its kinda sad to think like this but imo I think Nintendo has been constantly experimenting with different hardware even after E3 so they can see whats the smallest amount needed to get desired results....so in the end this is why price hasnt been announced yet. And they set a goal to be finalized on their desision by september. So they can never really give out specs because they dont even know what they are themselves.

I don't. It's way too late for that as far as trying different hardware. However I do agree with you about how they are targeting the power, though I would say it in different words. There was the extended tweaking phase the last kits saw. They originally came out in January and didn't go out to all devs till May. I think if anything they set their minimum, it wasn't enough for other companies, and had to make tweaks to raise the level to "just enough".

Meelow

Banned
Did the Far Cry 3 art style change?, or was it always like that?.

And why was the release date the only release date?, unless this is an old trailer.

Its kinda sad to think like this but imo I think Nintendo has been constantly experimenting with different hardware even after E3 so they can see whats the smallest amount needed to get desired results....so in the end this is why price hasnt been announced yet. And they set a goal to be finalized on their desision by september. So they can never really give out specs because they dont even know what they are themselves.

I believe the hardware has been pretty much set for a while now. The only thing they may have still been playing around with post E3 is clock speeds. Maybe some custom CPU instructions and whatnot, but that sounds more like software changes to me.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6007/...cortexa5-processor-for-trustzone-capabilities

Have we discussed this before? The Cortex-A5 seems to be a likely candidate for "Starlet 2." It's more capable than ARM's classic line and "provided a high-value migration path for existing ARM 926EJ-S...processor designs." Perhaps AMD added this to the WiiU GPU and liked the results so much that they chose to include it on their future hardware designs. *shrugs*

Edit: Actually, I don't even really think they've been playing w/ clock speeds. We've heard in that Kotaku article that Nintendo refuses to clock the CPU higher, presumably for heat reasons, which makes it sound like it's stayed the same in recent months.

Yeah if it weren't for you we'd probably still be wondering what role does 1T-SRAM play. But I do know for sure after you found the MoSys info, that eDRAM is playing the 1T-SRAM role.

I sent you that message a while back, and then actually communicated w/ Blu regarding it. He made me aware of some of Flipper's features, and basically, I was a bit off base. However, considering the information he gave me concerning the latency of Flipper's texture cache, it seems very likely that the eDRAM is on die and not a separate chip ala Xenos. That's unless IBM pulls a miracle in reducing off-chip latency. That pool of eDRAM could also be great for compute, as I understand it.

Stewox

Banned
All I'm seeing is Michal Pachter, Geoff Keighley and other guys talking about gaming...I'll watch.

It was nice to hear most people in the audience where bored of Military Shooters.

There was no WiiU mentioned unfortunately ... id modding panel is next ... the last chance at quakecon to get those freaking mod tools released or we'll probably wait more and more after QC

deviljho

Rösti;40614878 said:
I've been becoming more and more tired of Nintendo's secrecy regarding Wii U's hardware.

Perhaps you and others are becoming "tired" because you are actively choosing read articles and discuss the issue on internet forums on a near daily basis. It's like pining after a girl for the entire summer vacation, only able to see her when school starts again.

Perhaps you and others are becoming "tired" because you are actively choosing read articles and discuss the issue on internet forums on a near daily basis. It's like pining after a girl for the entire summer vacation, only able to see her when school starts again.

Ha! Well give us a break! As Nintendo fans we've had little to appreciate as far as console output is concerned. Maybe if I had a 3DS I'd be a bit more content w/ my gaming life.

deviljho

Ha! Well give us a break! As Nintendo fans we've had little to appreciate as far as console output is concerned. Maybe if I had a 3DS I'd be a bit more content w/ my gaming life.

There's nothing wrong with anticipation and interest. I'm interested also. I want to know more about the Nintendo Network and online capabilities. I want to know the specs too and future games and what's in the pipeline, and Retro studios, etc...., but it's just a little weird to hear people blaming Nintendo for a little anxiety that they themselves are partly responsible for creating.

Meelow

Banned
There was no WiiU mentioned unfortunately ... id modding panel is next ... the last chance at quakecon to get those freaking mod tools released or we'll probably wait more and more after QC

I didn't think we where going to get Wii U news, is it possible we will get Wii U news at Quakecon?.

There's nothing wrong with anticipation and interest. I'm interested also. I want to know more about the Nintendo Network and online capabilities. I want to know the specs too and future games and what's in the pipeline, and Retro studios, etc...., but it's just a little weird to hear people blaming Nintendo for a little anxiety that they themselves are partly responsible for creating.

If anything, this thread has been more like a game itself. Frustrating at times and somehow fulfilling at others...

And here's my own little rant of the moment: What is up with Nintendo's moneyhatting capabilities these days? It's like alliances are built merely from personal acquaintances and not for any sake of strategic maneuverability. We get a Tekken game w/ mushroom items rather than the next Castlevania. Castlevania games were always on Nintendo systems! Then there's Ninja Gaiden 3, whose name has been run through the muck even if they do improve it somewhat. Nintendo are gonna be losing money on that one likely enough. Who knows what the deal was for that game. They've got this fabled "war chest" that they sit on while refusing to dip into it for key titles that would create an opportunity for growth in those series/genres. Iwata is being very cautious, with current stocks on his mind undoubtedly, likely because he thinks he can keep the tent up and then some on Mario alone. They're pushing the main 2D Mario games early with the understanding that they'll sell consistently over the years (with DLC possibly providing even more revenue). I don't' know, I just hope it works so that in a couple years they can cool down a little and start thinking a bit more aggressively and creatively.

deviljho

I don't' know, I just hope it works so that in a couple years they can cool down a little and start thinking a bit more aggressively and creatively.

I hope so too, but I'm not even waiting that long. Nintendo is telling the world they are going to amaze all the gamers (casual to hardcore and in between). So if they don't do that between launch and and holiday, I'm going to be pissed.

As a person who only plays games on his Wii and sometimes PC, I'm not interested in waiting any more.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Prime is another series that would likely cost a fortune to make with the graphical standards expected of the Wii U's hardware.

So New Super Mario Bros. 2 is getting okayish reviews. I expect about the same for the Wii U game :/

Ughhh I can't wait for Nintendo's 3D Wii U Mario.

I've noticed that for 3DS and Vita review scores that, for some unknown reason, reviewers seem to be knocking 5-10% off the score because it's on a portable console. Just add 5-10% onto every review score and you'll get the NSMB U Metascore when it launches. Very odd though.

Prime is another series that would likely cost a fortune to make with the graphical standards expected of the Wii U's hardware.

It was either Iwata or Miyamoto that said they would not hessitate to spend big on certain franchises, i would assume they mean Zelda, Metroid, 3D Mario and whatever Retro are making if they arent making Prime 4.

I would think Mario Kart, F Zero, Starfox, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong ect will be far smaller projects, budget wise but hopefully just as good.

I really have a feeling Retro are doing Starfox or Mario Kart if they have not created a whole new IP, they are prob sick of the Metroid games.

I sent you that message a while back, and then actually communicated w/ Blu regarding it. He made me aware of some of Flipper's features, and basically, I was a bit off base. However, considering the information he gave me concerning the latency of Flipper's texture cache, it seems very likely that the eDRAM is on die and not a separate chip ala Xenos. That's unless IBM pulls a miracle in reducing off-chip latency. That pool of eDRAM could also be great for compute, as I understand it.

It sounds like you are crossing the texture cache with the frame buffer. In Flipper/Hollywood they both consisted of 1T-SRAM, were both on die, and separate. And in Hollywood the main 1T-SRAM from GC had been moved onto the chip with with the GPU. How it sounds with Wii U to me is that the eDRAM will be like Xenos and Hollywood in that it's a separate chip on the module with the GPU. Continuing in my view it won't be like Xenos in that it will not be locked into only being a framebuffer and it won't be like Hollywood as the there won't be an on-die framebuffer. So what will be interesting for me is how the caching is designed in GPU7. Because like I mentioned when we last discussed it, F/H had more TC than cache memory in even modern, high-end GPUs. So I wonder if they took steps to maintain a high amount of cache in GPU7.

I didn't think we where going to get Wii U news, is it possible we will get Wii U news at Quakecon?.

Gamescom is only 11 days away.

Roo

It was either Iwata or Miyamoto that said they would not hessitate to spend big on certain franchises, i would assume they mean Zelda, Metroid, 3D Mario and whatever Retro are making if they arent making Prime 4.

I would think Mario Kart, F Zero, Starfox, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong ect will be far smaller projects, budget wise but hopefully just as good.

I really have a feeling Retro are doing Starfox or Mario Kart if they have not created a whole new IP, they are prob sick of the Metroid games.

To be honest, I'm not holding my breath for Metroid.
yes, it's a big franchise, but just because of the name and longevity.
Sales wise it leaves lot to be desired and I'm not sure about Nintendo spending
big cash on a franchises that struggles to hit the million mark.

Hopefully I'm wrong cuz Metroid is one of my favorite franchises.

deviljho

Iwata specifically said Zelda. Metroid really doesn't sell well enough to put lots of money into it.

Which is why I truly think the next Metroid on Wii-U will be 2D.

I can't even imagine that melt down.

If Retro were wasted on that one-armed bandit on wheels I would happy-slap a jellyfish. I'm not even kidding, I would give up gaming.

Does anyone know, or have an educated guess, on the original budget for any of the Prime games? I'm sure it was significantly less than a AAA title for the HD twins, but it would be interesting to compare the budgets of a past Prime game to a Wii U Prime game or a AAA HD twins title.

jmizzal

Before September, I hope we can get confirmation about CoD by Activision, first walkthrough of Wii U version of Sega All Star, Darksider2 and Skylander Giant, and maybe another surprise (multiplatform) from EA for Q1 2013.
I'm givin'up about Splinter Cell and 007 Skyfall, but never say never! While Bioshock and Lord of shadown rumors were bullshit..
In September I'll hope for Japanes support reveal instead...

Why are you giving up on Splinter Cell? It doesnt come out til spring 2013.

No games besides Smash Bros. WiiU has been announced for WiiU outside of launch window games.

And the new 007 game will prob be announced for WiiU when we get the Activision WiiU lineup announcement

AzaK

Still seems like the most likely issue is the CPU doesn't have something akin to SPEs or VMX128.

I don't. It's way too late for that as far as trying different hardware. However I do agree with you about how they are targeting the power, though I would say it in different words. There was the extended tweaking phase the last kits saw. They originally came out in January and didn't go out to all devs till May. I think if anything they set their minimum, it wasn't enough for other companies, and had to make tweaks to raise the level to "just enough".

Why the hell would they be so stingy/anal/stupid to gimp their CPU? Heat? Costs? I wish they weren't so worried about those things. They seems to be a bit OCD on it all.

Relying on the GPU is mental, especially if it means you think you should gimp your CPU out of any reasonable standard of acceptability which is what it seems they have done. They could have the best of both worlds for a little more power/heat or cost.

jmizzal

What's the major benefit of launching in October rather than November? I can see it netting more sales just by virtue of being in the market longer, but it seems that Nintendo needs all the time they can get when launching WiiU. Rushing a launch just to get to market a few weeks earlier might not be worth rushing software and launch details.

Maybe they could use that extra time to get the eshop fully working on day1.

The benefit of launching in Oct would be to get games like AC3 and COD:BO2 out the same day as the other versions, we dont want all late ports. Also it gives them a chance to spread out the release of games leading up until Black Friday, instead of having a bunch of games coming out at one time and hurting sales. Or a lot of games will come out after Black Friday and missing the biggest shopping day of the year.

Oct 21st would be the best date to launch WiiU

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Which is why I truly think the next Metroid on Wii-U will be 2D.

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure about that. I figure if they go with 2D Metroid they'll stick to something like the 3DS, where the budget can be kept in check and where I personally feel they'll try and make the franchise home. I think if we see a console Metroid they'll try and keep it 3D. Maybe third person.

The main concern I have for Nintendo going into the HD generation is risk versus reward. Nintendo is absolutely for investing on risky projects and giving franchises plenty of love, but they're not completely insane nor sitting on an unlimited budget.

Unfortunately a lot of their big blockbuster franchises, like Zelda and Metroid, will cost significantly more to make with HD standards than their Wii/GCN counterparts did. Even as the same style of game, they budget will explode.

If the Wii U isn't as successful as they hope, they'll be concerned about taking too large of a risk. And if risky software isn't successful, they'll be even less inclined to throw money at certain games. After all, if a hypothetical Metroid Prime 4 costs 4x-5x the investment of Metroid Prime 3, sales of the Metroid series are struggling, and the Wii U market penetration is poorer than projected, then I cant see hypothetical Metroid Prime 4 ever getting made.

Does anyone know, or have an educated guess, on the original budget for any of the Prime games? I'm sure it was significantly less than a AAA title for the HD twins, but it would be interesting to compare the budgets of a past Prime game to a Wii U Prime game or a AAA HD twins title.

I don't think Nintendo ever speaks of budgets, so we'll never know. I do believe they said Skyward Sword was their most expensive game to make, and looking at the credits I'm not surprised. Skyward Sword, as much as I love it, and as big of a game as it is, reeks of a poor development pipeline though, and I wouldn't be surprised if a tighter, more efficient and guided team could have made the exact same game in less time and for less money.

Why the hell would they be so stingy/anal/stupid to gimp their CPU? Heat? Costs? I wish they weren't so worried about those things. They seems to be a bit OCD on it all.

Relying on the GPU is mental, especially if it means you think you should gimp your CPU out of any reasonable standard of acceptability which is what it seems they have done. They could have the best of both worlds for a little more power/heat or cost.

Heat is the usual reason to downclock hardware. Heat can damage components and decrease stability, which is the absolute last thing you want in a closed hardware environment. Nintendo is extremely cautious about product reliability, and I could totally see them pulling back on hardware components if they felt there was any risk of heat and stability issues popping up.

Relying on the GPU is a bit crazy, but kinda understandable in a crazy logic given the compute support. But these are all maybes and speculation, a lot of which unfounded. We simply don't know what the hardware can and cannot do, nor how efficient it is. Maybe the CPU is terrible, maybe it's manageable. Maybe they are indeed relying on the GPU compute functions, but maybe the compute functions are poor or the GPU too is poorly clocked. Or maybe the GPU is great. Or maybe nothing is wrong. We just don't know.

Personally, I fully believe there is some kind of architectural 'issue' developers are facing with the Wii U, relative to the 360/PS3. If they wasn't, we/I wouldn't have reports of teams facing issues. This doesn't mean the issues are fixable or without solutions, but it does mean issues exist, issues that likely will not be evident in both Sony and Microsoft's next generation machines (in terms of porting current gen titles).

It sounds like you are crossing the texture cache with the frame buffer. In Flipper/Hollywood they both consisted of 1T-SRAM, were both on die, and separate. And in Hollywood the main 1T-SRAM from GC had been moved onto the chip with with the GPU. How it sounds with Wii U to me is that the eDRAM will be like Xenos and Hollywood in that it's a separate chip on the module with the GPU. Continuing in my view it won't be like Xenos in that it will not be locked into only being a framebuffer and it won't be like Hollywood as the there won't be an on-die framebuffer. So what will be interesting for me is how the caching is designed in GPU7. Because like I mentioned when we last discussed it, F/H had more TC than cache memory in even modern, high-end GPUs. So I wonder if they took steps to maintain a high amount of cache in GPU7.

Not confusing them. The way I understand it is this: Flipper has access to both the texture cache and frame buffer at 6.2 ns. It would be hard for an off-die cache to achieve this. If you give me examples, I'd be interested to read. Further, the texture cache in particular is 64kb wide, reducing the necessary amount of page switches and thereby reducing the total latency. Looking at the setup for this supposed RV770 spin off, AMD don't seem to give particulars of their cache, but it's unlikely there's access to 64 out of around 128 total L1 texture cache at once.

So now we're looking at fattening the total SRAM cache, which seems expensive in both cost and transistors. With the CPU, it looks as if Nintendo are shying away from SRAM, going so far as to not use it for CPU L2. So perhaps they replaced the GPU L2 with eDRAM, which is something we haven't heard, as opposed to the unified 32 MB framebuffer. Or they've just struck the L2 cache from the GPU, maybe fattened the L1 caches to 32 kb SRAM each, and gotten the eDRAM on there, Power7 style. There is that talk of a "blank substrate" SoC going on with the 360 CPU so I don' think it's outside the realm of possibility IBM and AMD worked that closely together. I don't see much point in the small CPU being able to access the eDRAM, when its own L2 is quite nice and the latency would probably be just as bad as to main memory. It seems it would be much more useful for gpu physics and gpu compute functions in addition to framebuffer. And there's definitely more to use than as just a framebuffer. In Xenos, only the ROPS had high bandwidth access to the eDRAM, as they were on the same chip. Increasing the bus between chips to make it much more beneficial than main memory would probably start getting pricey.

Dartastic

I need more WiiU news. I NEED IT. I PREORDERED RAYMAN LEGENDS ON NEWEGG FOR 40. I'M ALL IN NOW. GIVE ME THE NEWS NINTENDO. GIVE IT TO ME

AzaK

Heat is the usual reason to downclock hardware. Heat can damage components and decrease stability, which is the absolute last thing you want in a closed hardware environment. Nintendo is extremely cautious about product reliability, and I could totally see them pulling back on hardware components if they felt there was any risk of heat and stability issues popping up.

Yeah but to me if it's a choice between making my console easier to develop for and less of gimped, and making my case a tad larger or the fan a bit bigger, I know what I'd choose. This gen especially they need to ensure that third party support all the way. Oh well.

Dartastic

I know right?, Nintendo has been so secretive it's now annoying.
Pretty much. What honestly broke me was going back and playing Rayman Origins with two other friends. I had done multiplayer once before, but the amount of fun I had was just stupid. I forgot how amazing that game is. Rayman alone is getting me to buy a WiiU. Throw in Pikmin, Mario, and ZombiU, and I'm definitely sold. Plus the best versions of Darksiders and Assassins Creed should be on it... so yeah. Me wants. NOW. At least give me some news so I know how much I need to save. :/

The bigger Sony and MS Triple A games like Gears and Uncharted (2 year dev cycle) cost around $20 million to develop, will prob at least double next gen.

Because of Nintendo s graphical style tho i would guess even the best looking Wii U games wouldnt cost more than $25 million.

I had no idea the Metroid Prime series sold so bad, surprised they let them make two sequels if it was that bad.

I think Retro would be great developers for a decent budgeted Starfox game.

Whats everyone s thoughts on sequels, altho Nintendo are accused of 'milking' certain franchises i would be more than happy with three installments of each big IP per console, one every two years is fine imo and would be great for their income unless of course they want to release one per gen and make their money on DLC but with an 8GB flash drive i dont think they are interested in large DLC in the long term.

Meelow

Banned
Pretty much. What honestly broke me was going back and playing Rayman Origins with two other friends. I had done multiplayer once before, but the amount of fun I had was just stupid. I forgot how amazing that game is. Rayman alone is getting me to buy a WiiU. Throw in Pikmin, Mario, and ZombiU, and I'm definitely sold. Plus the best versions of Darksiders and Assassins Creed should be on it... so yeah. Me wants. NOW. At least give me some news so I know how much I need to save. :/

Yeah, I don't remember Nintendo being this secretive about the Wii, it's like I just want to go to Iwata and be like "TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom