• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadium32

Neo Member
You know you guys want this hehe :p

Wind-Waker-Box.jpg

I still haven't gotten around to playing this game. I really need to do that sometime soon!
Not sure if it's time for a rerelease yet, though - perhaps they could launch it as a downloadable title on the shop...

ohlawd

Not sure if it's time for a rerelease yet, though - perhaps they could launch it as a downloadable title on the shop...

We have a bunch of HD Collections (some are 10 year old games too) out on the HD twins, I think it's ok for WW and other GC/Wii games to be in the same vein as them :p

PN03rox

Neo Member
Its a yellow line....Is it really going to sway a person from buying any game for the Wii U? What if the system was blue with a yellow trim.....hmmmm

big_erk

I still haven't gotten around to playing this game. I really need to do that sometime soon!

Windwaker was really under-appreciated back in the day. Everyone was bitching about the cell-shading. It turned out that the look was the right call as it fit the game well and has aged extremely well. The game is excellent as well.

DjRoomba

Banned
I dont think it was soo much under-appreciated as it was that the initial response (before it came out) was really mixed cos people were like "What they done to Zelda? this look like kids cartoon! Wtf!?" Were the same game released today I dont think people would have that kind of reaction, like I think that was more unusual and starkly contrasting back then. I dont get the extreme love there seems to be for it here, though. It was a fine game and all, but its not my favorite Zelda. Its too easy and the sailings too tedious.

It's interesting the Wii U logo is all white when they could have made the "U" a different color like the official Wii U logo has blue. The yellow is confusing though and doesn't make much sense; a black outline would probably get the job done better.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. I really don't like the turquoise blue in that cover though.
It may be lack of colour correction. The file on the website of the agency Warner Bros uses (Premier) is a CMYK PSD. I only have GIMP to use at that moment, and that doesn't support CMYK so I cannot open the file to check settings.

A login may or may not be needed (I have an account there): http://games.premiercomms.com/default.asp?p=1&i=1129

Rösti;40757623 said:
It may be lack of colour correction. The file on the website of the agency Warner Bros uses (Premier) is a CMYK PSD. I only have GIMP to use at that moment, and that doesn't support CMYK so I cannot open the file to check settings.

A login may or may not be needed (I have an account there): http://games.premiercomms.com/default.asp?p=1&i=1129

Nintendo Everything has the boxes with more standard colours, so maybe?

The entire image looks over-saturated. I'm also pretty confident that you would not be able to replicate that particular colour in physical media. Lastly, the original blue box colour was essentially the logo's blue. I doubt they would change the logo's colour significantly this late in the game. I would say it is safe to assume the real boxes will not be like that.

jacksrb

Loving the boxarts. I really like the new plastic color and the yellow line is really growing on me.

Like it has been said many times, the main thing it that it really stands out. A secondary thing is that they bury this Game Party game under something.

Also, still requesting any box art mocks for Project P-100, Pikmin 3, or NintendoLand (I did see the one).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think I like the boxarts now. Took a little while, but starting to warm up to them. Certainly different from Wii, which is good.

DynamicG

I don't really like that color blue, but it will certainly make these games look different from Wii games. Which is why I imagine they picked THAT color scheme.

If MS can get away with that Mountain Dew green then this isn't that bad.

quadium32

Neo Member
Someone tweeted a shot of the console's box, but it's gone now. :(
Can Detective-GAF get it back?

There is a new thread on the main discussion forum that is showing pictures of WiiU marketing material, including some display boxes - is it one of those that you saw, or something different?

Earendil

Rösti;40757623 said:

Words cannot describe how much I loathe GIMP. But that's probably because I've been using Photoshop for nearly 20 years and everything in GIMP seems completely bass-ackward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom