• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earendil

As requested by someone on IGN:

Qcv4t.jpg

GameE

Not to sound like a dick but why do things get posted like 3 times in this thread? like usually news is on the same page or just one page back :p

Now that i think about it, i wonder how the disks are gonna look. Any difference in color since they are different from Wii disks?

It uses slighty modified version if Blu Ray, so i assume it will look like a Blu Ray...

I also think double layer will be possible aswell later down the road.

BELIEVE.

North American EST: November 18th, 2012
t1353214800z1.png

North American PST: November 18th, 2012
t1353225600z4.png

Japan: November 16th, 2012
t1352991600z0.png

Europe: November 16th, 2012
t1353024000z0.png

Australia: November 22nd, 2012
t1353506400z0.png

D-e-f-

Banned
According to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEqy1PxCcJg) (found on GoN), Mass Effect 3 Wii U may possibly support the GamePad Pro (it only "recently" came to developers attention and they're looking at including that ... not sure how that would take more than a day to implement as it's the exact same control input they already had running but then again the PC version didn't have controller support either).

The Leviathan and From Ashes singleplayer DLC packs absolutely NEED to be included with the Wii U version if they want to justify their $60 pricetag. All the multiplayer DLC has been free anyway, if I'm not totally confused.

D-e-f-

Banned
Didn't PS3 discs have a diifferent color on the bottom because not all games were on blu ray discs?

I looked at the inFAMOUS disc before I made the previous post just to be sure, they look slightly darker but at the end of the day they all look like any ol' disc. Also, PS3 games are definitely ALL on BR discs - even if they don't use the space because devs are lazy or budgets had something against the extra effort.

You can see a difference in dual-layer discs and normal ones. The dual layer BRs have wobbly wave-reflections when hit by light while single layer discs appear flat, like regular DVDs or CDs with a slightly darker color tint.

PS3 game licensing required the game to be on a blu-ray disc, I believe.

This was "a big deal" for Devil May Cry 4, where people could not figure out why it needed to be.

PogiJones

Banned
After E3 I was left pretty deflated, so I haven't been around since then, but I think I'm ready to get pumped again. Anyone got some pump-worthy info I've missed in the last 2 months?

z0m3le

Banned
At first I was confused by the "November 21st", but yeah I also expect those release dates, I am open to October now though because the marketing is beginning earlier than expected.

October 28th /w AC3 2 day exclusive! Believe... *shifts eyes and then runs away*

Meelow

Banned
Nintendo reconfirmed that the box case design is legit!, and we might get first party box art soon :D.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40769137&postcount=647

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/233249019080609792

Nintendo has confirmed Wii U box art is legit. Get ready for light blue boxes!

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/233249783861616640

"[First party] boxes will appear shortly w/ placeholder logos, and then ultimately with the final artwork for each game."

Super hyped!.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have also been expecting a late November launch but this is REALLY early to start advertising for a launch 3 1/2 months away.

Obvious launch dates, going by Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Gamecube and Nintendo DS.

How does the 3DS launch date make this obvious? The system came out in March! And this is a different situation than the previous consoles, because Nintendo is first - there is no competing game console that they will feel a need to release at around the same time of. They can choose to release earlier and their hype won't be overblown by some other console releasing a month or two later.

How does the 3DS launch date make this obvious? The system came out in March! And this is a different situation than the previous consoles, because Nintendo is first - there is no competing game console that they will feel a need to release at around the same time of. They can choose to release earlier and their hype won't be overblown by some other console releasing a month or two later.

I meant the fact that, with 3DS, 3DS XL, NSMB2, etc., the EU/JP launch falls on a Friday, while AU is the Thursday following the NA launch. And we all know November 21 is going to be the NA launch.

I have also been expecting a late November launch but this is REALLY early to start advertising for a launch 3 1/2 months away.

They're probably setting up promo work for the Wii U preorders, which should be available next month.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It kinda is but according to media and some of gaf the WiiU has no hype at all..they say.

This really is a system that's going to need to build hype the same way Kinect/Wii did--Nintendo is going to be taking it onto morning shows, etc, so people can see how it is.

PogiJones

Banned
Farming Simulator 2013 has been confirmed for Wii U.

Anything in particular ? We know how the boxes are going to look like, we know it'll come in two colours, black/white, we finally got more information about Fifa/Madden for Wii U which will be there at launch, Namco-Bandai is developing the new Smash Bros. for Wii U etc.

Awesome, thanks.

Hakai

Well, everyone fasten your seatbelts last 3 months incoming. #HYPE

I can't wait for a Nintendo Direct about Wii U, and the firt party boxarts =D

I meant the fact that, with 3DS, 3DS XL, NSMB2, etc., the EU/JP launch falls on a Friday, while AU is the Thursday following the NA launch. And we all know November 21 is going to be the NA launch.

Nintendo is not launching a system on a Wednesday. It'll be a Sunday in November or late October.

AzaK

It kinda is but according to media and some of gaf the WiiU has no hype at all..they say.

Well currently hype is almost non existent among gaming press and mainstream press. You jut don't hear much about it. That will change soon though. Will be interesting to see if Nintendo just hype in the mainstream like they did with Wii or actually make effort among the gaming press too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom