• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Nintendoland (probably bundled)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

And AC3 at the end of Oct.

edit:
If this is true, It means Nintendo is leaving November and December open for 3rd Parties.

How reliable is your source, if I may ask?

Stewox

Banned
According to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEqy1PxCcJg) (found on GoN), Mass Effect 3 Wii U may possibly support the GamePad Pro (it only "recently" came to developers attention and they're looking at including that ... not sure how that would take more than a day to implement as it's the exact same control input they already had running but then again the PC version didn't have controller support either).

The Leviathan and From Ashes singleplayer DLC packs absolutely NEED to be included with the Wii U version if they want to justify their $60 pricetag. All the multiplayer DLC has been free anyway, if I'm not totally confused.

GamePad Pro is percieved by nintendo as for mutliplatform games, it's for those ports from many publishers that don't want to spend budgets on actually developing for the new controller and new combinations, a shame, and I agree with nintendo.

I will not play any FPS game on WiiU until they support WiiU Zapper control method.

jacksrb

Well Im not getting a full list because I was told "prominent" titles.

Are you saying that you have just been hearing what titles would be there at launch OR that you have heard they are looking at October and these are the games you are hearing will be available?

radcliff

Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

edit:
If this is true, It means Nintendo is leaving November and December open for 3rd Parties.

Probably safe to add Madden 13 and FIFA

jerd

No cant do that, but its somebody whose position requires that they need know this type of information.

Its real all alright.

It just seems very unlikely that they will do a full reveal at the September conference, then launch 1-3 weeks later.

Anth0ny

Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

edit:

gQ1ta.jpg

IMPOSSIBLE

Hero

Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

edit:

Are you confirming an October Wii U launch in the US then?

MDX

How reliable is your source, if I may ask?

Pretty reliable.

Are you saying that you have just been hearing what titles would be there at launch OR that you have heard they are looking at October and these are the games you are hearing will be available?

What I got is that these titles should be available for the October launch.
Now, this is coming from Europe. I have no idea if this holds true for the US and Japan.

I believe more info will be trickling down soon enough from different parts in Europe to confirm this. Because if my source got the heads-up, it means many other people and businesses did as well.

It just seems very unlikely that they will do a full reveal at the September conference, then launch 1-3 weeks later.

Well there are still over 3 weeks left in August and it they usually announce Nintendo Directs a few days before they happen, so it's possible. That is if the rumor is true, of course.

jerd

Maybe that is what the August Direct is for. It would be sensible, IMHO, to launch the Wii U ASAP.

The sooner the better is true... I just hope they can get the word out to the general public fast enough AND clear up the misconception that it is a Wii extension. I would love an October release.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

edit:

No offence to you, but I have a hard time believing that. But, we shall see. :)

brainpann

Im being told...

Zombi-u
Batman
ME3
Darksiders 2
Pikmin (surprisingly)
Super Mario
Rayman (Surprisingly)

edit:

That would be a pretty nice launch and I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility.

MDX

Well there are still over 3 weeks left in August and it they usually announce Nintendo Directs a few days before they happen, so it's possible. That is if the rumor is true, of course.

The 3DSXL was launched only 4 weeks after the Nintendo Direct, if Im not mistaken.
Im thinking Nintendo is taking a page from Apple's marketing handbook.

At this point, Im 100% confident that there will be an October launch.
It does fit with the marketing materials hitting retailers.
The announcement of more titles from third parties coming soon... most likely for the Holidays.

If your info is found to be fake, you could get banned. It happened to some guy and "Wii Entertainment System" a while back. :p So please don't shit this thread up with fake news.

I apologize if what you said is true though.

antonz

Launch Wise October would be better for Nintendo for a big reason. It allows the Wii U to be there when all the major fall games come out that it happens to have access to like AC3 and seemingly Black Ops II. I think it would be better to have those day 1 then arrive late

Skiesofwonder

If your info is found to be fake, you could get banned. It happened to some guy and "Wii Entertainment System" a while back. :p So please don't shit this thread up with fake news.

I apologize if what you said is true though.

Not necessarily. Just don't go making a thread about it, unless you have a source that can be verified at the time of thread creation.

The 3DSXL was launched only 4 weeks after the Nintendo Direct, if Im not mistaken.

The announcement of more titles from third parties coming soon... most likely for the Holidays.

October launch is not happening, i believe you are being trolled hard by your "source" at the moment.

Launch Wise October would be better for Nintendo for a big reason. It allows the Wii U to be there when all the major fall games come out that it happens to have access to like AC3 and seemingly Black Ops II. I think it would be better to have those day 1 then arrive late

it would give them at least a good 30 days of hardware sales to help move 3rd Party software like AC3/Black Ops II agreed

Rikkun

Man, the only time I read a whole page in this thread you guys make me believe I'll have to wait less than 2 months. I'm starting to freak out.

I hope your right man. I think it would be a lot better for Nintendo and 3rd parties. It would release with fewer titles but there would be a nice steady stream of games coming out for the following months. Sounds much better than having like 30 games (or however many) coming out all at the same time.

Can you elaborate? Please don't say "because Wii launched in November...".

I'm not saying I believe MDX's source but I would like to hear every angle.

Because i know people that are not called IdeaMan who are as close to the source as possible.

Thats all you gonna get from me for all eternity! (Not kidding)

No IIRC some guy got banned for posting in the Wii Speculation thread. I even asked Evilore if you get banned for posting fake news, and he said yeah.

EDIT: Here.

he can post it as a rumor and be fine, bans like this happen mostly around E3 time we lost a lot of people during the E3 season that we would not have lost if they posted the same stuff now that they did during the mods' hunt for blood to make examples out of

Skiesofwonder

No IIRC some guy got banned for posting in the Wii Speculation thread. I even asked Evilore if you get banned for posting fake news, and he said yeah.

Huh, maybe so then.

Because i know people that are not called IdeaMan who are as close to the source as possible.

Please tell me MDX's source isn't Ideaman.

sure take away our joys, you should have just ban bet him since you also have a source to rival his source - at that way the truth wouldn't hurt so much :3

DynamicG

Wow, there are many regulars of the old threads who have either been banned or just don't come around anymore. That's a shame.

Did Ideaman turn back into a pumpkin after e3?

antonz

Wow, there are many regulars of the old threads who have either been banned or just don't come around anymore. That's a shame.

Got tired of the attacks. I lurk more now than post because people frustrate me with their "jokes" and such and nothing I can really say anyways without being fired :p

Pretty much everything is better than the disgusting Xbox 360 cases. Probably the worst looking game cases ever produced. That green border looks outright disgusting, and that's coming from a day one 360 owner.

While I'm quite indifferent about the yellow line, I'm actually quite fond of the design.
It's distinguished from the Wii, has ample space for the cover art, and should stand out on shelves.

Now personally I would've liked them to use white, but I guess that would really confuse people with the Wii. After 3DS Nintendo can't afford to have more brand confusion going on.

That's why I actually think that killing off the Wii so early is actually a good idea. The 3DS came out at a time when the DS actually still mattered. With the WiiU, they basically can replace the Wii completely on the market.

Agreed. The sales of the PS3 suffered at the beginning partly due to the PS2 still selling strongly, same with the Vita and the PSP. Microsoft did a good job of killing off the Xbox before launching the 360 and reaped the rewards.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys know mouthing off about sources, spreading rumours, and being unable/unwilling to back it up is often considered a bannable offence yeah?

I hesitated to post this but i don´t like to see the hypetrain derail a second time after E3.

I know nothing mindblowing or surprising about Wii U so please don´t even ask.

You guys know mouthing off about sources, spreading rumours, and being unable/unwilling to back it up is often considered a bannable offence yeah?

To be quite frank,

1. I expect to get banned some time anyhow, because Nintendo fans don´t live long on NeoGAF... "Hivemind posting" and stuff like that and

2. I wouldn´t shed a single tear if i was banned. Too many good people are already gone or won´t post anymore anyhow (i.e. HylianTom)

Can´t post when GAFpocalypse 2013 is happening when i´m banned but reading will be just as good.

Hero

Wasn't Ideaman spouting off a bunch of bullshit about Wii U stuff right before e3? Did he actually get anything right?

DynamicG

Wasn't Ideaman spouting off a bunch of bullshit about Wii U stuff right before e3? Did he actually get anything right?

I want to say a whole bunch of it was rightish, but there was debate and he didn't seem like he could handle the hazing that comes trying to be a big fish in this pond. Thin skin and being loud on neogaf don't seem to mix.

If you claim to have insider info and then don't want to cite where it comes from, then you can expect to get some shit. BG handles it like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom