• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Sorry if this has already been talked about, haven't been following as close as normal, but with all of the talk of promotional stuff showing up at retailers, how far in advance of launch do stores usually get these? Seems a little early.

Well i'm just really busy at the moment, and by the way it was a pleasure while catching to see several people requesting info from me, it's just sad that suddenly, this last page strained that, always by the same :p

I'm on the NintenGAF IRC every other day to troll, talk about food, and i think i gave 1 or 2 infos on it.

"IdeaMans Food ´n Videogames with U". You should get your own show on tv, eating crossaints, baugettes or snails while drinking a nice wine and playing some Wii U (when its out) :D I smell high ratings :)

ASIS

DAMMIT, the guy isn't a machine!! :p

Sit down IdeaMan, I'll put the kettle on mate :)

Hush you! Wii U news start to arrive and now Ideaman is here, he knows something and I will make him talk!

Well i'm just really busy at the moment, and by the way it was a pleasure while catching to see several people requesting info from me, it's just sad that suddenly, this last page strained that, always by the same :p

I'm on the NintenGAF IRC every other day to troll, talk about food, and i think i gave 1 or 2 infos on it.

Look, there will always be doubters about every piece of news. Hell even you requested us to take any info you present with a grain of salt. The fact that people like to call you out every single time is a bit annoying, yes, but its not out of nowhere.

Now, give us the news :p

just messing with you

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has already been talked about, haven't been following as close as normal, but with all of the talk of promotional stuff showing up at retailers, how far in advance of launch do stores usually get these? Seems a little early.
It varies, and I can only speak for the Swedish retailing scene, but there it's usually three weeks before launch if the materials aren't connected to some larger marketing campaign (as appears to be what this push for Wii U display boxes, posters etc. is).

I'm done with E3 2012.

Was it a underwhelming conference?: Yes
Does it represent the Wii U?: No

It's time to move on from E3 2012 onto bigger and better things...Nintendo Direct this month and the Fall Conference.
Really people are still having doubts and stuff just because of the conference, hell even I do. But Im not gonna sulk in it Ive been playing Nintendo consoles since I was a kid I didnt know wtf a E3 conference was. I had nothing to get hyped about until I had it in front of me.

anyways good to hear others took a break from the spec threads and gaf after E3. I thought I was the only one and felt guilty like I betrayed you guys or something lol.

jmizzal

Maybe, but Bart Smit is not the source.
So we'll see.

But Ive been predicting an October launch based on the number of ports
WiiU is getting. Just doesn't make sense to squeeze that many titles in late November
and forcing many games, especially older ports, to end up being 2013 titles.

I have been saying this for the longest, mid Nov will have too many games coming out at once, plus a lot of games will miss black friday, and AC3, COD BO2 will not be day and date with the other versions.

I say Oct 21ts tho

Meelow

Banned
Really people are still having doubts and stuff just because of the conference, hell even I do. But Im not gonna sulk in it Ive been playing Nintendo consoles since I was a kid I didnt know wtf a E3 conference was. I had nothing to get hyped about until I had it in front of me.

anyways good to hear others took a break from the spec threads and gaf after E3. I thought I was the only one and felt guilty like I betrayed you guys or something lol.

Exactly, Sony's E3 2006 was worse than Nintendo's E3 2012 and the PS3 was $600 which made it worse, is the PS3 a bad console now because of that conference?, nope it's an awesome console, people really got to stop looking at E3 and saying "well since the conference sucked the console will too".

I wasn't accepted on NeoGAF yet but I was watching these threads and I stayed away from NeoGAF for a little while, I was scared to go on to see the meltdowns, I still haven't fully seen the Nintendo E3 2012 Conference thread because I know it's probably a train wreak lol.

EDIT: This is from the Wii U Marketing Material thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40791019&postcount=85

"Looks like Wii U controller faceplates are coming."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008U25YUG/

What else would you do. Just read every Nintendo thread directly after E3. No way in hell you could have had any chance of a healthy discussion!

Now we wait for the august Nintendo Direct and most important, the fall conference!

Exactly, Sony's E3 2006 was worse than Nintendo's E3 2012 and the PS3 was $600 which made it worse, is the PS3 a bad console now because of that conference?, nope it's an awesome console, people really got to stop looking at E3 and saying "well since the conference sucked the console will too".

I wasn't accepted on NeoGAF yet but I was watching these threads and I stayed away from NeoGAF for a little while, I was scared to go on to see the meltdowns, I still haven't fully seen the Nintendo E3 2012 Conference thread because I know it's probably a train wreak lol.

EDIT: This is from the Wii U Marketing Material thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40791019&postcount=85

"Looks like Wii U controller faceplates are coming."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Lic...463637&sr=1-36
Either broken link or amazon snatched them off..Was it just a description of them or was there a picture too?

But the problem is that the PS3 really DID suck for the first few years of its life!

CrisKre

This is getting real now!

You guys think we can expect big 2013 Nintendo game relveals during the fall conference? I believe Retros game will be next E3, I just don´t see it being unveiled before then. What development subgroups within nintendo could realistically have something to show?

This is getting real now!

You guys think we can expect big 2013 Nintendo game relveals during the fall conference? I believe Retros game will be next E3, I just don´t see it being unveiled before then. What development subgroups within nintendo could realistically have something to show?
They will show 2013 and other games this year..especially for launch for Japan. Because when you think about what exactly does Japan have on the WiiU??? Seems like most know launch titles are 90% western games.

CrisKre

They will show 2013 and other games this year..especially for launch for Japan. Because when you think about what exactly does Japan have on the WiiU??? Seems like most know launch titles are 90% western games.

I know, but do you guys think it will mostly be 3rd party games? What teams could have something to show within nintendo. My guess is monolith for sure. Maybe Tokio? Some other colabs with 3rd parties?

We had one GAF TROLL coming into the IRC chat a week after E3 asking if HylianTom killed himself after Nintendos underwhelming performance.......

THOSE kind of people post on this board guys!

THAT incident and the post E3 ultimate shitstorm of doom against Nintendo led me to a looong GAF break. This place really isn´t the same anymore.

Ugh, that's awful. :/ Was that a known regular who did that?

Nintendo's shitty conference killed hi
s enthusiasm

It killed alot of the OGs enthusiasm, from the looks of it. Luckily we have the juniors to pick up the slack lol

Yeah, I'm surprised I came back to Wii U Spec as soon as I did after the conference.

jmizzal

Lol how can anybody say it wont be enough WiiU games ready for an Oct launch, when most of the WiiU games are ports of games that will have already been out when the WiiU comes out and games that started out as Wii games like Scribblenuats and Pikmin 3.

I'm amazed that this thread is going in so much circles since E3 that a few feel the need to go back to that (well, always the same, the guy got a real problem).

Oh, and to defend my contributions because i didn't spend so much energy (and sometimes i regret it) writing all these messages to see it distorted by the same folk, this assessment - available to everyone, and i wrote this for this intent - speak for itself (facts confirmed during nintendo direct, E3, or other news, notably in vgleaks): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

I've been one of the people who has questioned your validity, along with Skies. EC let me know if questioning him is fine in this thread or not, like will it get me banned etc. Alright so here's how I see that list you linked:

2 Wii U controllers supported <-- Anyone could have predicted this.

Launch titles using only 1 Wii U controller as the feature is not implemented yet (or just recently), as clarified by a message from Iwata in its twitter <-- Anyone could have predicted this.

No system redesign <-- Anyone could have predicted a safe guess like this

Flash storage with 512MB for the OS and 8GB for the rest, on separated flash chips, confirmed by the released target specs a few weeks later (1, 2) <-- This is the only one where I feel like you predicted something worthwhile and not vague that turned out to be correct.

720p being the common resolution for the Wii U games <--Anyone could have predicted this, and it was obvious.

NFC sensor under the D-Pad

TV button near the power one to switch from the TV content to the console (to be fair, half the info was right, all the TV remote part was only speculated) <--"half info right"

Wii U classic/legacy controller (a traditional one, without a screen) <--Anyone could have predicted this and it was obvious.

Edit: i add the confirmation by vgleaks that first dev kit used a classic controller plugged in an adapter

No support of Wii U controller in the first dev kits and most of the games developed on Wii U started with the use of a classic controller (as seen in the recently leaked pictures) <--Why does something as trivial as this even matter?

Almost all of your leaks are super obvious and vague, or safe bets. "No system redesign at E3"... what a shock. Something like that isn't a big gamble when making predictions, same with most of that other stuff.

By the way, Ideaman's info doesn't really have a positive (or negative) connotation to the Wii U so I hope people don't think I'm only questioning him because I'm trying to be anti-Nintendo. I don't like bs.

Why are people saying that there'll be a Nintendo Direct this month? I know of the Fall conference, but don't remember Nintendo saying anything about a Nintendo Direct. Are you all guessing?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I've been one of the people who has questioned your validity, along with Skies. EC let me know if questioning him is fine in this thread or not, like will it get me banned etc. Alright so here's how I see that list you linked:

Almost all of your leaks are super obvious and vague, or safe bets. "No system redesign at E3"... what a shock. Something like that isn't a big gamble when making predictions, same with most of that other stuff.

By the way, Ideaman's info doesn't really have a positive (or negative) connotation to the Wii U so I hope people don't think I'm only questioning him because I'm trying to be anti-Nintendo. I don't like bs.

Yeah i know, this is why i said "always the same", i can count those in one hand finger, but you are strangely resilient i would say :)

For the rest, well, i must have some stratospheric luck to have "predicted" this long combination of infos :D And, well, a lot expected a redesign, a lot expected only 1 gamepad, 1080p resolution, the NFC sensor being other that what it is, yadda yadda, and as you recognize yourself, facts like the separated flash memory for OS storage or classic controller used in the first dev kits proves undoubtedly that i have sources (it amazes me that in august, i have to say that, i thought it was settled 2 months ago by the facts).

Anyway, it's really funny that the same folk insists in their weird personal angst toward me, even when i'm too busy to participate like before. Don't you realize it's off topic, it's derailing the thread and install in it a bad atmosphere whereas it clearly didn't need it ?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Why are people saying that there'll be a Nintendo Direct this month? I know of the Fall conference, but don't remember Nintendo saying anything about a Nintendo Direct. Are you all guessing?

Nintendo Directs have been every two months until now. The last one was late June where they revealed the 3DS XL...

Kacho

I think it's based on the fact that there has been a Nintendo direct every 2 months for quite some time now. The last one we had was back in June, so August is when the next one should be.

That's assuming they don't skip the Nintendo Direct altogether and just announce everything at the Fall Conference.

ohlawd

That's because of the price though.

+ no games except Metal Gear Solid 4.

I figured that if I spent that much on a console, I'd expect at least 3 games I'd want to go along with that. It didn't. It took me until God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII in 2010 for me to get a PS3 which ran me $350 for the system.

I know, but do you guys think it will mostly be 3rd party games? What teams could have something to show within nintendo. My guess is monolith for sure. Maybe Tokio? Some other colabs with 3rd parties?
I dont know, my guess could be as good as anyones..like I cant even guess one really.

edit: I would say 3rd parties for sure but not sure which ones.

That's because of the price though.

And the mediocre selection of exclusives. And the inferior/delayed/absent multi-platform titles. And the lacking of basic system features that the 360 had. And the whole Sixais/DualShock3 clusterfuck.

It's impressive that they've managed to recover (to an extent), but the omnishambles that was the PS3 launch really hurt them. They had this obscene level of arrogance to presume that none of that stuff mattered and that people would buy the PS3 no matter what how badly they screwed up. I don't want to see Nintendo fall into the same trap - hopefully the 3DS was a wake-up call for them, and a reminder that they always have to bring their A-game.

ASIS

The importance of the information is irrelevant considering the fact that he has never been wrong, not once. Furthermore, his info wasn't as simplified as the list he created. For instance, he said the Wii U console would feature 2 controllers, so what, right? Actually, I remember he specifically said that this was a feature included just before E3 and that no one should expect any games displaying it in the show floor..... Now honestly can you say this is an easy or predictable piece of information?
Then you have that final bullet point which is, as you said, so trivial and insignificant that it should skipped every person's radar. Yet he got it right again. Add all of that with the fact that his information regarding the system's power has been in line with other "insiders" in this forum, as well as the fact that he has never been wrong, and I fail to see why Ideaman's credibility is always in question while others seemingly get a free pass.

I'm not saying everything he spews is the gospel, hell most of his information is, as you say, predictable, but nevertheless this is a speculation thread and he does introduce interesting, positive discussions, an attribute not many of us own.

Glass Joe

Yea Aug Nintendo Direct could be for Launch date, price details and Sept conf could be for 2013 support and other info we need before launch.

Really, Nintendo does what it wants on it's own terms. Did anyone expect a Nintendo Direct to mention a 3DS XL revision a mere week after e3? Or a Nintendo Direct showing off Wii U's "Wara Wara" two days before their conference?

I'm not sure on their specific days for Nintendo Directs, but I doubt those surprises fell in line to some prearranged schedule. But certainly Nintendo can do a special "Wii U Direct" whenever the hell they please, even if their scheduled August direct says nothing of interest.

Some promo material is arriving in some stores today, apparently. Leaked box art designs were shown yesterday. That's reason to be excited. I think everyone's safe bet is a November 18th launch... But especially with 3DS XL and these leaks, Nintendo's shown off their ability to do what they want and surprise us. A late October release to coincide with ACIII would be smart (October 30th). If COD:BO2 is November 13th, surely there would be a major benefit to having the system out on or before then too. Some big games to show off 3rd party sales potential.

Madden, FIFA, and Darksiders will already be out, so that's a little too early to expect. ME 3 and Batman are pretty much old news these days. They need to let their 3rd party A games appear relevant with the intended launch time.

Overall, it's not quite the same thing as launching 3DS with next to nothing, hoping Capcrom's SFIV port and Nintendogs filled the slack.

Yeah i know, this is why i said "always the same", i can count those in one hand finger, but you are strangely resilient i would say :)

For the rest, well, i must have some stratospheric luck to have "predicted" this long combination of infos :D And, well, a lot expected a redesign, a lot expected only 1 gamepad, 1080p resolution, the NFC sensor being other that what it is, yadda yadda, and as you recognize yourself, facts like the separated flash memory for OS storage or classic controller used in the first dev kits proves undoubtedly that i have sources.

Anyway, it's really funny that the same folk insists in their weird personal angst toward me, even when i'm too busy to participate like before. Don't you realize it's off topic, it's derailing the thread, and install a bad atmosphere in a thread that clearly didn't need it ?

It's not difficult to correctly guess a string of vague and very obvious info like that, which was my point.

There were things that you posted which didn't happen as well that you yourself discuss in that post- link.

I also don't see how this is off-topic. If someone says he has sources and posts rumors and leaks for months I think it's fair to publicly question their validity, otherwise this could turn into the Wild Wild West.

You did get that one about the 512 mb flash right, so who knows, maybe you are legit or maybe a fellow poster in here threw you a bone via PM, I dunno. But in my eyes E3 was your opportunity to truly validate your leaks with something concrete and worthwhile and we ended up getting vagueness and what could be considered obvious guesswork. Wii U games being 720p, no redesign, a classic controller, two pads working... I'm stunned. Revelations.

I have no doubt that IdeaMan had legitimate information. I just don't think the actual content blew anyone's minds. Don't get me wrong, though, I loved reading every tidbit!

For instance, he said the Wii U console would feature 2 controllers, so what, right? Actually, I remember he specifically said that this was a feature included just before E3 and that no one should expect any games displaying it in the show floor..... Now honestly can you say this is an easy or predictable piece of information?
Actually I do remember a thread being posted on the gaming side about a rumor of 2 pads working with Wii U. This was before E3

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
but with this on the cover instead:

wii_u_black.jpg

I'm absolutely stunned Nintendo used that picture of the Wii U. At first glance, the system itself looks almost identical to the original.

For those of us on GAF it isn't an issue but for casuals? I just can't believe nobody at their HQ thinks of this stuff or, if they do, are ignored.

I'm not saying everything he spews is the gospel, hell most of his information is, as you say, predictable, but nevertheless this is a speculation thread and he does introduce interesting, positive discussions, an attribute not many of us own.
I agree with this, he's definitely interesting to read and has made these specu threads more fun. But his attention-seeking style of writing and leaking of this 'info' makes him more prone to criticism than the others, which is why the others are getting a "free pass" like you said.

filler

Banned

I feel the same.

I can't say if he's really an insider or not, but I can say that his "inside info" is mostly useless. The way he went about giving that info to us was really annoying too.

AzaK

Man, can we give the IdeaMan bashing a rest? Who gives a shit if he's legit or not any more. E3 has been and gone and he's not come back and told us anything else that we can worry about being true or not.

Kacho

I'm absolutely stunned Nintendo used that picture of the Wii U. At first glance, the system itself looks almost identical to the original.

For those of us on GAF it isn't an issue but for casuals? I just can't believe nobody at their HQ thinks of this stuff or, if they do, are ignored.

They were really adamant about the Wii U console being "just a box" at E3 2011. I think their marketing is in line with that mentality, where the focus is the controller and not the console itself. I guess we'll see how well that works out for them in the coming months.

JordanN

Banned

The Wii didn't have a huge screen, nor was its case designed to be very long (in relation to Wii U).

I dunno, that's just me. I'll never understand how people confuse the two. Ok, the name I can understand but the actual physical product? I'm pretty sure I could show my parents the two and they'll be able to tell the difference more so than my 3DS and DS.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It's not difficult to correctly guess a string of vague and very obvious info like that, which was my point.

There were things that you posted which didn't happen as well.

I also don't see how this is off-topic. If someone says he has sources and posts rumors and leaks for months I think it's fair to publicly question their validity, otherwise this could turn into the Wild Wild West.

You did get that one right, so who knows, maybe you are legit or maybe a fellow poster in here threw you a bone via PM, I dunno. But in my eyes E3 was your opportunity to truly validate your leaks with something concrete and worthwhile and we ended up getting vagueness and what could be considered obvious guesswork. Wii U games being 720p, no redesign, a classic controller, two pads working... I'm stunned. Revelations.

You're caricaturing the hundreds of posts i've written, with very specific details on dev kits, date of appearance of features, of the activation or not of functions, equipment supplying timeframe, etc. I don't want to lose anymore time with "interlocutors" that are using dishonest methods to bitch about someone they have undoubtedly a problem with.

And i dunno what you expected, the informations about the redesign or no of a system, the number of controllers supported, its resolution, memory amount, storage situation, and tons of other things, are important matter and have been confirmed during E3, or Nintendo Direct, or vgleaks, or by other websites.

And it's off topic because don't you see i posted like 6 times since E3 with no leaks, i didn't write a message since several weak, and suddenly, you and your friend jump at the occasion to bitch against me again because someone summoned me ? It's telling about some trouble (because when i don't like someone, i don't use every occasion to criticize him whereas the guy is not even here and it's not the object of the conversations since like 3 months, i just ignore it, like 99% of the normal crowd), in addition to installing a bad mood here.

Glass Joe

Actually I do remember a thread being posted on the gaming side about a rumor of 2 pads working with Wii U. This was before E3

Do you have specific examples of where IdeaMan was dead wrong though?

Heavy said:
2 Wii U controllers supported <-- Anyone could have predicted this.

Even if you consider this a 50/50 guess, it was a bold prediction that turned out to be true.

NFC sensor under the D-Pad

Considering the initial Rayman promo showed NFC figurines placed ON the touch pad, him saying that it was on the left, under the D-pad... isn't that shockingly accurate, or at least hard to guess?

Wii U classic/legacy controller (a traditional one, without a screen) <--Anyone could have predicted this and it was obvious.

Obvious? Obvious would be forcing people to use existing Wiimote classic controllers. A screen less version of the U pad may seem obvious in hindsight, but still that's a bold guess. I think most predicted games to have the Wiimote setup, Wii / nunchuck, or Wii / classic controller.

Anyway, even if he's NOT an insider in any way, he certainly displays a common sense that so far is shared with Nintendo in his predictions. I wouldn't discount him as easily as you do. He could have predicted 4 pads simultaneously for example, or he could have gotten the NFC and how it's used wrong. Or he could have not predicted a traditional controller at all. Looking at his "predictions" as a whole, if he's simply pulling stuff out of his ass, he's pretty good at it.

Sadist

Wait people want tags? Guys, be careful what you wish for. Tags are the devils work I tell ya.

A lot of news I missed today. Pretty sweet though, launch time is almost here.

I feel the same.

I can't say if he's really an insider or not, but I can say that his "inside info" is mostly useless. The way he went about giving that info to us was really annoying too.
Yeah exactly - the info is mostly useless and he gave it out in an obnoxious string-along way which made it worse.

Yeah scroll down in this post, the "not confirmed" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

I really brushed it off for months, but I'm growing increasingly concerned about this. The Wii Remote was a bigger innovation than the GamePad, yet the Wii console had more attention than the Wii U console.

Here is an early promo of Wii. The focus is clearly on the Wii Remote throughout the entire video, but at least you see the console clearly at the end.

This is the Wii promo from E3 2006. Again, the Wii Remote is the focus (and rightfully so), but they give the console some attention.

Now watch the Wii U promo from E3 2011.

Attention is never drawn toward the console. The words "with the new controller" are constantly used. The similar design doesn't help, and the similar name is even more detrimental in my opinion.

With the console almost hidden by the GamePad, their intentions are clear, and I really think it's a poorly thought out decision.

But what do I know? People were counting them out when they showed Wii. We'll see how it works out for them.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

Anyway, even if he's NOT an insider in any way, he certainly displays a common sense that so far is shared with Nintendo in his predictions. I wouldn't discount him as easily as you do. He could have predicted 4 pads simultaneously for example, or he could have gotten the NFC and how it's used wrong. Or he could have not predicted a traditional controller at all. Looking at his "predictions" as a whole, if he's simply pulling stuff out of his ass, he's pretty good at it.

And the sole flash storage situation, with the separated amount dedicated to OS of a different type, the appearance of a second DRC port just before E3 without being activated (hence the launch titles not using this features), the description of the V1 dev kit months before a document was posted on vgleaks, and tons of other things, are too detailed and specific to just have been guessed. Basically, after considering all these points, if some people are still accusing me of being a fraud, it's just borderline trolling, and i'm not surprised it's by the same crew (very reactive, my posts awaken them in less than an hour :D) that derailed tons of pages in the precedent WUST about me before the events proved me right.

Anyway, it's not interesting, so if we could end this and talk about more important matters :)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Yeah exactly - the info is mostly useless and he gave it out in an obnoxious string-along way which made it worse.

Yeah scroll down in this post, the "not confirmed" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

again with these dishonest methods, the guy is asking you for dead wrong material, you reply him with a link of my own message (lol) when i do an assessment of the information confirmed, or not confirmed yet, there isn't a "dead wrong" part :p

it's settled then ? i got it, you don't like me, yadda yadda, i can live with that, but if we could let the thread live its life without this pollution, thanks :)

again with these dishonest method, the guy is asking you for dead wrong material, you reply him with a link of my own message (lol) when i do an assessment of the information confirmed, or not confirmed yet, there isn't a "dead wrong" part :p

it's settled then ? i got it, you don't like me, yadda yadda, i can live with that, but if we could let the thread life his life without this pollution, thanks :)

So anything that doesn't come true you can just label it "not confirmed" and walk away scott free?

japtor

Your source is Iwata himself.
Great! Two peeps with " sources ". :p
RH1Wu.jpg

"I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book!"
Just to summarize the recent das (I was absent):

We got Wii U boxart template leaked (with the light blue area on top with the shitt ellow stripe)
We got Wii U ingame promo material leaked (but nothing reall interesting, just a confirmation about the black as color available at launch)
We got Capcom hinting at some incoming reveal about Wii U support

anything else?
Well the promo boxes with the games showed NintendoLand (along with NSMBU and AC3 iirc) which could indicate retail...or just be no indication of anything at all.

I still forget that the Wii even came out in black (how many years did that take), so just showing the new console in black might be noticeable. Plus the big ass controller/tablet thing in front.
Attention is never drawn toward the console. The words "with the new controller" are constantly used. The similar design doesn't help, and the similar name is even more detrimental in my opinion.

With the console almost hidden by the GamePad, their intentions are clear, and I really think it's a poorly thought out decision.

But what do I know? People were counting them out when they showed Wii. We'll see how it works out for them.
As long as they don't sell the controller separately (at least early on) it's debatably a moot point. If someone wants the new controller it's not like they can make a mistake in buying the wrong thing.
(very reactive, my posts awaken them in less than an hour :D)
...this also seems to be the case with how you react to posts about you. This sums it up I think:
Thin skin and being loud on neogaf don't seem to mix.
You keep the cycle going once it starts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom