• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wasn't Ideaman spouting off a bunch of bullshit about Wii U stuff right before e3? Did he actually get anything right?

You can argue that he did, and you can argue that he didn't. Such was the nature of his posts.

To be quite frank,

1. I expect to get banned some time anyhow, because Nintendo fans don´t live long on NeoGAF... "Hivemind posting" and stuff like that and

2. I wouldn´t shed a single tear if i was banned. Too many good people are already gone or won´t post anymore anyhow (i.e. HylianTom)

Can´t post when GAFpocalypse 2013 is happening when i´m banned but reading will be just as good.

Pretty much the same for me. I also get the impression that the remaining regulars are very underwhelmed by the new crowd, well, compared to the recently departed. There are far too many socially and emotionally inept 'strange birds' on this site for me not to say something that might get me banned, and who knows, it will probably be worth it.

Takes a special kind of mentality to last long around here.

DynamicG

Pretty much the same for me. I also get the impression that the remaining regulars are very underwhelmed by the new crowd, well, compared to the recently departed. There are far too many socially and emotionally inept 'strange birds' on this site for me not to say something that might get me band, and who knows, it will probably be worth it.

Banning seems to be the result of poorly thought out statements. There are lots of regulars who have really strong opinions but don't get banned. Hell, Amirox is still rolling strong.

As long as you take a breath before you click the "reply" button, then you should be Ok.

*Says the guy who got his account 3.5 years ago and only started posting recently.*

Pretty much the same for me. I also get the impression that the remaining regulars are very underwhelmed by the new crowd, well, compared to the recently departed. There are far too many socially and emotionally inept 'strange birds' on this site for me not to say something that might get me band, and who knows, it will probably be worth it.

Awesome avatar :)

I really didn´t get most bans anyhow. Some of those reasons were... Mindblowing... To put it in harmless words!

D-e-f-

Banned

DynamicG

Gotcha. So he knew quite a few good details. I still think he hyped certain things up way too much and was overly cryptic too often though.

That too. He tried to build hype for stuff way too much. I forgot about the posts that would hype future posts.

JAYinHD

To be quite frank,

1. I expect to get banned some time anyhow, because Nintendo fans don´t live long on NeoGAF... "Hivemind posting" and stuff like that and

2. I wouldn´t shed a single tear if i was banned. Too many good people are already gone or won´t post anymore anyhow (i.e. HylianTom)

Can´t post when GAFpocalypse 2013 is happening when i´m banned but reading will be just as good.
Yea I'm with you on this. I will probably stay to the community side from now on though. Even In the Wii U marketing thread people are getting butt hurt because the same guys populate the Vita and Wii U threads posting about specs when the thread title clearly says otherwise and then turning into a flame war. Its a lot more relaxed and friendly on this side though.

AzaK

Next-gen is going to mean nothing to you.
Well Next-Gen party games aren't and, well, next-gen to me is not just about graphics :)

Too me the Wii U version clearly looks much better.
:D.

A few better textures, and shadows (That could be baked anyway) is all I see. This is not the game to show how awesome the Wii U is :)

The Wii U version isn't the same game, the Xbox version came out a while ago and this is a different game in the series.
Look at the Wii game of this.
game-party-20071212114709911.jpg

Looks just like those other two screenshots :)

Maybe that is what the August Direct is for. It would be sensible, IMHO, to launch the Wii U ASAP.

Yeah, there are a few games coming around October so if they could do it in that time that would be primo. It might stop people buying 360/PS3 versions of some of the games - maybe.

You guys know mouthing off about sources, spreading rumours, and being unable/unwilling to back it up is often considered a bannable offence yeah?
People often mention they have sources and have never had to prove it that I've seen - confused.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
lol he never got that tag... I still doubt Ideaman sorry man but he said so much stuff like riddles
its like going to a fortune teller they are good at fooling you with broad sentences

This. He worded every thing in a certain way and was so extremely vague that anything he said could be technically interpreted as 'correct'. When he tried to take credit for Rayman Legends and Reggie ghoulifying himself at the conference, I knew he was a very researched bullshitter.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nobody is going to get banned unless they feel it necessary to enter every remotely Nintendo related thread and start arguing with every member who isn't praising the all glorious red God. This is why people were banned. Because they couldn't let go and just enjoy the games and hardware, let people have differing opinions, and let us pick up on and deal with the trolls ourselves.

I've been banned three times. Usually it's obvious why you'll be banned, so think before you post. The people who continuously don't are the ones we're happy to send elsewhere.

People often mention they have sources and have never had to prove it that I've seen - confused.

Because it's a grey area. The objection to "I have sources" is mostly to curtail people derailing threads and harbouring false news with lies. Anybody on the internet, due to anonymous, could claim 'sources' on any topic they wish, gaming or otherwise. When it gets out of hand it becomes an annoyance.

I'm not banning anyone here, mind you. Simply a warning of caution. Claiming sources will more often than not generate attention, and sometimes that can come back to bite you on the arse.

Awesome avatar :)

Thanks. I made it myself *posh English accent* Don't you know.

I really didn´t get most bans anyhow. Some of those reasons were... Mindblowing... To put it in harmless words!

As I see it, most Mods across the whole of the internet have a particular personality (present company excluded EC ;p) type which explains most of the unexplainable. You know what I'm sayin'.

Nobody is going to get banned unless they feel it necessary to enter every remotely Nintendo related thread and start arguing with every member who isn't praising the all glorious red God. This is why people were banned. Because they couldn't let go and just enjoy the games and hardware, let people have differing opinions, and let us pick up on and deal with the trolls ourselves.

I've been banned three times. Usually it's obvious why you'll be banned, so think before you post. The people who continuously don't are the ones we're happy to send elsewhere.

Yeahhh, I can't think of at least two people who do this the other way round and are still posting <_<

JordanN

Banned
Edit: Coldblooder beat me to it. Was too busy searching to refresh the page. :p

And apparently, it still wasn't him so forget it then.

He did on April 26th : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37308082&postcount=12976

Trailer leak was on April 27th, the day after

Ideaman said:
Just to say that the new Rayman, supposedly following Rayman Origins and that may be called "Rayman Legends" (because it will use some fantasy settings with greek mythology, vampires, ghosts, castles, etc, as you can see on a few Kotaku images) is nearly sure to come to Wii U. It's apparently developped by Ubisoft Montpellier.

Also, look at this article dated April 26th.
The link is banned, but just google "rayman legends april 26"

It is also worth noting that back before E3 last year, &#8216;Rayman Legends&#8217; was rumored to be a Wii U developed title back when the console was first dubbed Project Café, so there&#8217;s a chance that this may still be the case.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
He did on April 26th : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37308082&postcount=12976

Trailer leak was on April 27th, the day after

No he didn't. He mentioned a game that Kotaku leaked THAT DAY, and took information from the screens, and said it Is "surely to come to WiiU". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to correctly predict the hardware landing of a sequel to a game that sold best on a Nintendo console, and came to every single gaming system available.

And the only reason he mentioned it the day before the trailer leak is because Kotaku leaked screens and information the SAME DAY, before Ideaman posted.

No he didn't. He mentioned a game that Kotaku leaked THAT DAY, and took information from the screens, and said it Is "surely to come to WiiU". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to correctly predict the hardware landing of a sequel to a game that sold best on a Nintendo console, and came to every single gaming system available.

And the only reason he mentioned it the day before the trailer leak is because Kotaku leaked screens and information the SAME DAY, before Ideaman posted.

He even references Kotaku's leak in that very post.

Because it's a grey area. The objection to "I have sources" is mostly to curtail people derailing threads and harbouring false news with lies. Anybody on the internet, due to anonymous, could claim 'sources' on any topic they wish, gaming or otherwise. When it gets out of hand it becomes an annoyance.

I'm not banning anyone here, mind you. Simply a warning of caution. Claiming sources will more often than not generate attention, and sometimes that can come back to bite you on the arse.

So you haven´t been into the Wii U thread about the marketing reaching stores? Somehow someone quickly turned that discussion into a "PS4/Xbox 360 have watch_dogs hogh end pc graphics on launchday" discussion...

Something similar happened to the FIfa 13 Wii U thread...

Wha??? Why doesn't HylianTom post anymore? He was so positive and enthusiastic. Wow, lot has changed. :/

he took a break like I did, I'm sure he will be back sooner or later

So you haven´t been into the Wii U thread about the marketing reaching stores? Somehow someone quickly turned that discussion into a "PS4/Xbox 360 have watch_dogs hogh end pc graphics on launchday" discussion...

I think those threads fall under what he was saying, we have to allow them to say what they want even if we do not agree... yet those threads were derailed IMO which would mean a ban when it goes so far off-topic

DynamicG

Threads aren't required by law to keep only to the subject listed in the title. There's a little bit of leeway in discussions. I was in both of those threads and some people have been trolls, but some have been civil and there is good discussion going on in the marketing thread. The FIFA thread was iffy, but I got a recommendation for PES Wii out of it, so I feel it wasn't just a thread to troll Wii fans.

The best way to correct threads like that is to bring good and legitimate discussion or report things to a mod if it gets out of hand.

Edit:

And it looks like EC just went into the marketing thread and rattled the cage a bit.

The main thing is posters derailing the thread. Whats the use for posting new news and conversating about the topic at hand only for it to be irrelevant posts, snarky comments, and "chill out it was only a joke." Type posts. Makes interesting threads uninteresting. I cant even imagine when Rosti or whoever makes the WiiU launch OT thread.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I'm amazed that this thread is going in so much circles since E3 that a few feel the need to go back to that (well, always the same, the guy got a real problem).

Oh, and to defend my contributions because i didn't spend so much energy (and sometimes i regret it) writing all these messages to see it distorted by the same folk, this assessment - available to everyone, and i wrote this for this intent - speak for itself (facts confirmed during nintendo direct, E3, or other news, notably in vgleaks): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

Wha??? Why doesn't HylianTom post anymore? He was so positive and enthusiastic. Wow, lot has changed. :/

We had one GAF TROLL coming into the IRC chat a week after E3 asking if HylianTom killed himself after Nintendos underwhelming performance.......

THOSE kind of people post on this board guys!

THAT incident and the post E3 ultimate shitstorm of doom against Nintendo led me to a looong GAF break. This place really isn´t the same anymore.

ASIS

I'm amazed that this thread is going in so much circles since E3 that a few feel the need to go back to that (well, always the same, the guy got a real problem).

Oh, and to defend my contributions because i didn't spend so much energy (and sometimes i regret it) writing all these messages to see it distorted by the same folk, and it's available for everyone to see, this assessment speak for itself (confirmed during nintendo direct, E3, or other news, notably in vgleaks): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

Where have you been and is there any news and tidbits you'd like to share with us?

Anth0ny

Nintendo's shitty conference killed hi
s enthusiasm

It killed alot of the OGs enthusiasm, from the looks of it. Luckily we have the juniors to pick up the slack lol

JoeInky

I registered back when it was on the Wii U speculation thread 4 and didn't get accepted till after E3 had finished.

So pissed that I missed out on all that, lurking just isn't the same as taking part.

Banned
no one last long in WiiUGaf without cracking... Oh noes who called IdeaMan out?! Give him his tag

How do you get tags?

And I thought I told you guys HylianTom is tied up in my basement until we get leaks. So it's up to you "insiders" to free him or not. He's being fed 3 times a day. Lots of cookies. ThunderMonkey is in my basement by choice and won't leave. I need to stop baking :(

DynamicG

Oh, and to defend my contributions because i didn't spend so much energy (and sometimes i regret it) writing all these messages to see it distorted by the same folk, and it's available for everyone to see, this assessment speak for itself (confirmed during nintendo direct, E3, or other news, notably in vgleaks): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38716276&postcount=30

Relax, it's OK. You are among friends here. I only mentioned you because I missed reading your posts.

I don't think anyone ever doubted the effort you put into your words or thoughts.

s enthusiasm

It killed alot of the OGs enthusiasm, from the looks of it. Luckily we have the juniors to pick up the slack lol

It was the ultimate shitstorm of doom unleashed on Nintendo that killed my GAF enthusiasm

And the "incident" in the IRC channel were a GAF troll asked if "HylianTom killed himself after the Nintendo conference"....

i absolutely HATE people who dares to ask such an absolutely tasteless question.

Yes Nintendo was underwhelming at E3.

I recovered from it. Im still hyped for Wii U and i am gonna buy one DAY 1!

We had one GAF TROLL coming into the IRC chat a week after E3 asking if HylianTom killed himself after Nintendos underwhelming performance.......

THOSE kind of people post on this board guys!

THAT incident and the post E3 ultimate shitstorm of doom against Nintendo led me to a looong GAF break. This place really isn´t the same anymore.

Exactly what I've been talking about. Nasty, nasty weirdos.

s enthusiasm

I'm still on meh levels... the box art thread was helpful, the marketing thread was also nice to read until the detail started

Nintendo needs to say more and everyone will return sooner or later... I will never be shocked again by them though I know they are well capable of messing up the next time they present this console

Ryoku

Great to know that you're still alive and well :D

How do you get tags?

And I thought I told you guys HylianTom is tied up in my basement until we get leaks. So it's up to you "insiders" to free him or not. He's being fed 3 times a day. Lots of cookies. ThunderMonkey is in my basement by choice and won't leave. I need to stop baking :(

getting tags? well Bishoptl has a thread on OT for tag begging every once in a while... I think I saw one last week

the other way is when you post something funny and a mod wants to use it for you tag cause they feel like it

my first tag was something about getting served as in You got Served

the tag after that was Nipples and Tits

then I just PMed for changes and got lucky but changes are never what u asked for :p

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Where have you been and is there any news and tidbits you'd like to share with us?

Well i'm just really busy at the moment, and by the way it was a pleasure while catching to see several people requesting info from me, it's just sad that suddenly, this last page strained that, always by the same :p

I'm on the NintenGAF IRC every other day to troll, talk about food, and i think i gave 1 or 2 infos on it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just to summarize the recent das (I was absent):

We got Wii U boxart template leaked (with the light blue area on top with the shitt ellow stripe)
We got Wii U ingame promo material leaked (but nothing reall interesting, just a confirmation about the black as color available at launch)
We got Capcom hinting at some incoming reveal about Wii U support

anything else?

Meelow

Banned
s enthusiasm

I'm done with E3 2012.

Was it a underwhelming conference?: Yes
Does it represent the Wii U?: No

It's time to move on from E3 2012 onto bigger and better things...Nintendo Direct this month and the Fall Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom