• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the sole flash storage situation, with the separated amount dedicated to OS of a different type of flash, the appearance of a second DRC port just before E3 without being activated (hence the launch titles not using this features), the description of the V1 dev kit months before a document was posted on vgleaks, and tons of other things, are too detailed and specific to just have been guessed. Basically, after considering all these points, if some people are still accusing me of being a fraud, it's just borderline trolling, and i'm not surprised it's the same crew (very reactive, my posts awaken them in less than an hour :D) that derailed tons of pages in the precedent WUST about me before the events proved me right.

Anyway, it's not interesting, so if we could end this and talk about more important matters :)

It's not borderline mate, it's outrageous classic trolling 101 and I'm not sure how they continue to get away with such behaviour tbh. Just say the NextBox will be the Avatar server farm compressed into a console sized box and they'll worship you ;-)

I really brushed it off for months, but I'm growing increasingly concerned about this. The Wii Remote was a bigger innovation than the GamePad, yet the Wii console had more attention than the Wii U console.

Here is an early promo of Wii. The focus is clearly on the Wii Remote throughout the entire video, but at least you see the console clearly at the end.

This is the Wii promo from E3 2006. Again, the Wii Remote is the focus (and rightfully so), but they give the console some attention.

Now watch the Wii U promo from E3 2011.

Attention is never drawn toward the console. The words "with the new controller" are constantly used. The similar design doesn't help, and the similar name is even more detrimental in my opinion.

With the console almost hidden by the GamePad, their intentions are clear, and I really think it's a poorly thought out decision.

But what do I know? People were counting them out when they showed Wii. We'll see how it works out for them.
I worry about that too sometimes..then think of 3DS and forget it.

Sadist

I still think it's a valid concern. It was clear from the start that Wii was something new; the controller was the real star and they didn't need to concentrate on the whole box. Wii was the follow-up to a very unpopular console and you don't have to educate your audience about your struggles in the past.

Nintendo should have called it the Wii 2; yeah, the name might have been that original but everyone would know what it actually is. Allthough, it did surprise that some people in my area do know about it's launch this year. The details are sparse, but they do know its a successor.

EDarkness

So anything that doesn't come true you can just label it "not confirmed" and walk away scott free?

Lay off the guy, man. All it does is bring the thread down. If you don't agree with or trust his information, then simply ignore it. If he was doing something out of line, then the mods would definitely take care of it. The constant jumping on the guy's character is simply uncalled for.

Lyude77

I worry about that too sometimes..then think of 3DS and forget it.
Yeah, I think it's more of a problem for workers at game stores, etc. having to educate people rather than a serious marketing problem that will affect sales. I do think it would be better for them to be a bit clearer though to help out the stores.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So anything that doesn't come true you can just label it "not confirmed" and walk away scott free?

heh, not my fault if Nintendo decided to not give further details on HDD, its OS, or this obligation to bring builds on Wii U discs at E3, it's thus correct to say that it's not confirmed yet, we're waiting for more data on that. And to prove my point, i edited this assessment, to switch the "v1 dev kit use only CC" from not confirmed yet to the confirmed once vgleaks published a document confirming it. So i keep track of what i said in time, i'm honest with my contributions :p

...this also seems to be the case with how you react to posts about you. This sums it up I think:

to be fair, i was warned of this by people on IRC, i'm not catching up to this thread as often as before, and there are at least 20 witnesses that can confirm it. And usually, i only react to people posting disrespectful messages about me ("bullshiter" is not acceptable), i have the right to defend myself, and i'm accustomed now, it's always the same folks :D

It's not borderline mate, it's outrageous classic trolling 101 and I'm not sure how they continue to get away with such behaviour tbh. Just say the NextBox will be the Avatar server farm compressed into a console sized box and they'll worship you ;-)

I'm wondering that myself as well

Lay off the guy, man. All it does is bring the thread down. If you don't agree with or trust his information, then simply ignore it. If he was doing something out of line, then the mods would definitely take care of it. The constant jumping on the guy's character is simply uncalled for.

How am I jumping on his character? I'm questioning his validity, got no personal beef against him. Fyi, I didn't bring him up either. I joined in on an already going discussion someone else started.

If you don't agree with or trust his information, then simply ignore it.
Btw, this would be a bad way to live life. To just ignore instead of confirm truths.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
How am I jumping on his character? I'm questioning his validity, got no personal beef against him. Fyi, I didn't bring him up either. I joined in on an already going discussion someone else started.

Ok can we end it now? I think you've made your point now.

Hoodbury

Ideaman, I'm curious what your take on MDX's 100% claim that the Wii-U is coming out on Oct 1st is? I remember a while back you claimed it's going to be out in November. Have you heard anything to support his claim, or anything recently to keep your first November one?

DynamicG

In the spirit of speculating about WiiU hardware...how many additional peripherals do you expect for the WiiU? Will the Wii baby horse toy adapter finally see it's way out of development hell?

the-wii-horse-riding-saddle-of-lol.jpg

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Ideaman, I'm curious what your take on MDX's 100% claim that the Wii-U is coming out on Oct 1st is? I remember a while back you claimed it's going to be out in November. Have you heard anything to support his claim, or anything recently to keep your first November one?

From what i know (it was given to me a few months ago), it's November. Now, is there a change of plans from Nintendo and such advance in their schedule that they slide the launch date of a whole month and 10+ days before the previously expected one, i doubt it.

to be fair, i was warned of this by people on IRC, i'm not catching up to this thread as often as before, and there are at least 20 witnesses that can confirm it. And usually, i only react to people posting disrespectful messages about me ("bullshiter" is not acceptable), i have the right to defend myself, and i'm accustomed now, it's always the same folks :D
If you're referring to me, I didn't call you a "bullshitter". I said "I didn't like bs"... bs standing for bullshit, meaning bs in general not bullshitter. I know you're not a native English speaker, just a misunderstanding.

I think someone in here is a little obsessed with Ideaman xD

@Ideaman: Ignore them and if you want to share something, than do it like you did before. You are way more entertaining than those frustrated trolls. I wouldn´t even care if you did make some things up, but i don´t think so.

At least even WiiU launchgames will look a little bit better than the other versions with using the uPad at the same time. That´s something you told us and it seems to be true (even some bad mood guys don´t believe it). I don´t really understand all the WiiU hate and angst^^

Thanks for the entertaining and interesting posts. I will go with Assassins Creed 3 and ZombiU at launch. Perhaps Batman will join. Is there any news of Nintendoland being bundled?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
If you're referring to me, I didn't call you a "bullshitter". I said "I didn't like bs"... bs standing for bullshit, meaning bs in general not bullshitter. I know you're not a native English speaker, just a misunderstanding.

I'm not referring to you.

Anyway, it's settled then ? cool

Ok can we end it now? I think you've made your point now.
I'll do one better, schuelma: I promise not to bring up the guy ever again after this (unless it's something HUGE everyone is talking about, which I doubt will happen). With launch so close now these types of vague rumors are irrelevant anyway. Fair enough?

Sadist

Btw, this would be a bad way to live life. To just ignore instead of confirm truths.
Because not everyone is interested in some game of cops and robbers. This topic returns every now and then and honestly you can't imagine how dreadfully dull I think this yes or no debate is.

schuelma

I'll do one better, schuelma: I promise not to bring up the guy ever again after this (unless it's something HUGE everyone is talking about, which I doubt will happen). With launch so close now these types of vague rumors are irrelevant anyway. Fair enough?

deal

EDarkness

There are people here who do this already. It's their board and they can run it any way they feel like it. We can either accept that or not post. How we personally feel about it doesn't matter.

But he's not doing any harm. I personally don't think he has any insider knowledge, but if he wants attention and Nintendo fans want some grist for the rumour mill, then what's the problem? If he was plying his shtick in other threads then it would be problematic, but as long as it's confined to here, he's easy to ignore if you want.

Has anyone who's seen P-100 able to confirm if it runs in 30 or 60 frames? I'm watching it now on YT and 60 frames would really benefit the high-speed action, particularly the gun shots.

I'm surprised there isn't more speculation regarding the marketing materials, new game release by WB, etc... What's leading the increased information coming out all at once?

Does anyone expect more information over the next few days?

Banned
I'm absolutely stunned Nintendo used that picture of the Wii U. At first glance, the system itself looks almost identical to the original.

For those of us on GAF it isn't an issue but for casuals? I just can't believe nobody at their HQ thinks of this stuff or, if they do, are ignored.

If casuals can tell the difference between an iPad 1, 2, and 3, I think they can tell the difference between a Wii and Wii U.

schuelma

I'm surprised there isn't more speculation regarding the marketing materials, new game release by WB, etc... What's leading the increased information coming out all at once?

Does anyone expect more information over the next few days?

It does seem like things might be cranking up a bit. I'm still hopeful we'll hear some game announcements out of Japan this month.

Pineconn

If casual can tell the difference between an iPad 1, 2, and 3, I think they can tell the difference between a Wii and Wii U.

The thing is, they can't. I have a friend who works in an Apple Store and they are typically confused as heck. They don't understand the term "the new iPad" and require assistance.

In all honesty, it's a stupid move by Apple. Imagine if Nintendo went the route of "the new Wii".

japtor

If casual can tell the difference between an iPad 1, 2, and 3, I think they can tell the difference between a Wii and Wii U.
For reference, the iPad 2 and 3 "the new iPad" boxes:
vJOyL.jpg

(well the new one is on the left, old on right)
The thing is, they can't. I have a friend who works in an Apple Store and they are typically confused as heck. They don't understand the term "the new iPad" and require assistance.

In all honesty, it's a stupid move by Apple. Imagine if Nintendo went the route of "the new Wii".
It's how they've handled the Macs and iPods, he should be used to it!

I just made a few more mock up box arts, so I just wanted to share them and the ones I made earlier as well. :p The style is starting to grow on me, and I think it'll be successful on the shelf sitting with the competitors' games. Even the yellow looks cool now.

pikmin3-1.png

land.png

noonlyon.png

Banned
WiiuGaf.png

Play the most anticipated game of the year. Solve the rumors of the Wii U with only minimal information. Use the GamePad to your advantage and gather all the info you can from IdeaMan, bgassassin, ShockingAlberto and EatChildren and debate whether the Wii U is on par with the PS360 or not.

Disregard the fact from fiction, avoid actual developer's statements, and only rely on anonymous developer data. Take that data as fact and start a fight with IdeaMan over his reliablity and reputation for no reason like the poplular member "Heavy".

Never has a game been so interactive. And it's only available on the Wii U (before it's ported to the PS4 a year later with all DLC and extended missions)

• Featuring 40 hours of riveting gameplay
  • Includes favorite characters such as bgassassin, IdeaMan, EatChildren
  • Features a special appearance from HylianTom
  • The WiiUGAF fallen (a list of permabanned members)
  • Art book with member profiles and avatars
  • Defend yourself from Wii U haters and their mostly trivial complaints about a system they have yet to play
  • Level up your members for an epic final battle with Michael Pachter

ozfunghi

No, offense taken.
I actually want to say more, but I was told I cant.
All I can say the info would make anyone feel giddy.

But... you are... Dutch? What could you possibly know?

And if you aren't Dutch... good for you!

(Obviously i'm somewhat kidding)

DynamicG

BIG OLE IMAGE

Play the most anticipated game of the year. Solve the rumors of the Wii U with only minimal information. Use the GamePad to your advantage and gather all the info you can from IdeaMan, bgassassin, ShockingAlberto and EatChildren and debate whether the Wii U is on par with the PS360 or not.

Disregard the fact from fiction, avoid actual developer's statements, and only rely on anonymous developer data. Take that data as fact and start a fight with IdeaMan over his reliablity and reputation for no reason like the poplular member "Heavy".

Never has a game been so interactive. And it's only available on the Wii U (before it's ported to the PS4 a year later with all DLC and extended missions)

• Featuring 40 hours of riveting gameplay
  • Includes favorite characters such as bgassassin, IdeaMan, EatChildren
  • Features a special appearance from HylianTom
  • The WiiUGAF fallen (a list of permabanned members)
  • Art book with member profiles and avatars
  • Defend yourself from Wii U haters and their mostly trivial complaints about a system they have yet to play
  • Level up your members for an epic final battle with Michael Pachter

We talking launch or launch window?

ozfunghi

I just made a few more mock up box arts, so I just wanted to share them and the ones I made earlier as well. :p The style is starting to grow on me, and I think it'll be successful on the shelf sitting with the competitors' games. Even the yellow looks cool now.

pikmin3-1.png

land.png

noonlyon.png

Your shade of blue is much more appealing than the shade i saw in the "real" designs, and it goes together better with the yellow line. It's more like sun+sky and lets the entire design "breathe". The so called real templates color combination is more stifling in combination with the game picture beneath it.

ohlawd

Sounds like a great game 10k.

I'm reminded of the Ace Attorney games. Press IdeaMan, BG and others for more information and then present evidence to the naysayers. Raise objections to the most ludicrous of comments.

DynamicG

Sounds like a great game 10k.

I'm reminded of the Ace Attorney games. Press IdeaMan, BG and others for more information and then present evidence to the naysayers. Raise objections to the most ludicrous of comments.

Maybe you could wave the WiiU pad around the room and use the camera to find anonymous sources hidden in your living room.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If casuals can tell the difference between an iPad 1, 2, and 3, I think they can tell the difference between a Wii and Wii U.

Except a lot can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom