• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anonymous internet IGN guy is full of shit, unsurprisingly.

So, this September conference...has September actually been specified or are we just guessing September based on what Nintendo did with the lead up to the Wii?

So, this September conference...has September actually been specified or are we just guessing September based on what Nintendo did with the lead up to the Wii?

Iwata has confirmed a Fall conference for Wii U blow out, including showing off titles to be released 2013. This Fall conference occurs annually in September or early October.

Pineconn

Most of the KNOWN IGN guys (Editors) are full of shit....

A lot of them are. Luckily the Nintendo team (Richard George) is relatively solid, even if Audrey Drake's writing comes off as amateurish to me. She wrote an article about how NSMB2 will be better than NSMBU because of the focus on collecting coins, and a few days ago she said she was pretty disappointed with NSMB2. Hmm.

I digress!

A lot of them are. Luckily the Nintendo team (Richard George) is relatively solid, even if Audrey Drake's writing comes off as amateurish to me. She wrote an article about how NSMB2 will be better than NSMBU because of the focus on collecting coins, and a few days ago she said she was pretty disappointed with NSMB2. Hmm.

I digress!

Audrey is an amateur she got the job because of her myIGN blogs and she's been complaining ever since....

But what if you drop the controller! D:

Seeing as I've held the controller I'm not worried it was light but it still felt durable in the hands plus since the screen isn't glass no worries about cracks....

jmizzal

Iwata has confirmed a Fall conference for Wii U blow out, including showing off titles to be released 2013. This Fall conference occurs annually in September or early October.

It mostly happens the week before TGS and TGS is in Sept.

Make since, TGS is sure to have a lot of Japanese WiiU games that we dont know about

Anth0ny

The more I think about it, the more I think we may get some Wii U news out of the August Nintendo Direct. Assuming it's after 3DS XL/NSMB2 launch, what 3DS shit do they really need to talk about? It should be all about Wii U at that point.

they're going to show us Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion footage, aren't they

Nibel

The more I think about it, the more I think we may get some Wii U news out of the August Nintendo Direct. Assuming it's after 3DS XL/NSMB2 launch, what 3DS shit do they really need to talk about? It should be all about Wii U at that point.

No Wii U stuff on that ND, I'm pretty sure of that

It's going to cover whatever 3DS games come out in the next two months, so probably those and Art Academy. Also Pokemon. If NoA has any inclination to release any of the remaining Wii games, this is pretty much the last place to announce them before the Wii U comes out. Maybe an eShop title or two. There's your twenty minutes. Of course, there's nothing stopping them from making a longer Nintendo Direct with Wii U stuff, but it doesn't seem necessary if the fabled September conference is coming up.

"Hey, remember these 3DS games we announced at E3?" *shows footage we've already seen with release dates* "Btw, you should totally buy a 3DS XL!" *advert for the XL* "Also, get excited for WiiU, we're about to reveal more info...OKBAI!"

Don't forget, Nintendo showed off Zombi U and NSMBU for the first time in a ND.
They've also announced or teased plenty of games (in Japan). Also consider the 3DS XL announcement. It's pretty clear they view these as important marketing tools now. I don't expect anything huge, but a small video tease or a screenshot of a new game could be possible.

Also, they will talk about Animal Crossing 3DS, which is coming out in Autumn.

japtor

20 minute demo and overly long explanation of 3DS Wara Wara.

I actually have a bit of faith in Nintendo Directs. They always yield something interesting. I'm not sure if we'll see Wii U stuff, but I think the color will let us know if it's strictly 3DS related.

I don't mind seeing little things. The remote control capability shown in the Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was nice enough. I'd be content with glimpses of small features like that.

DjRoomba

Banned
remote control feature looks silly. Cos I cant imagine it working. I guess it would work in the same way as an iphone remote control app, ie not at all. I have 3 different remotes for my tv that I use. Youre telling me the Wii U will replace all of them? For all international cable providers??

DrNeroCF

remote control feature looks silly. Cos I cant imagine it working. I guess it would work in the same way as an iphone remote control app, ie not at all. I have 3 different remotes for my tv that I use. Youre telling me the Wii U will replace all of them? For all international cable providers??

Pick up the Wii U remote. Press Wii U power. Press TV power. Play Wii U.

I don't think it's really made to replace all your TV remotes, but since it can be used without turning the Wii U on, then if it's fully featured enough to do so, universal remotes with screens are around 300 bucks, I don't know how you could complain about that feature.. There's only a few brands of set top boxes out there, so it couldn't be that hard to have codes for all of them.

If you've never used the remote app on your iPhone, you probably don't have your computer hooked up to your stereo...

You're probably right, Nintendo is going to add a feature that doesn't work. I do share your worry about the multiple remotes though. I hope Nintendo doesn't pull a Nintendo and only allow for one device support. I would love to use the controller for a universal remote. I'm curious to see how it's handled.

Here's a Patent Application published today, which seems to demonstrate local multiplayer session(s) using WiiMotes, where player-1 is using the TV and player-2 the Upad, as main screens.

wiiu_local_multi83sr6.jpg
wiiu_local_multi2v6fwz.jpg

Edit: Not sure if already utilized in any of the demos available atm

I hope so, yes, it wouldn't be that much work. Be nice to see them branded or skined for the different providers.

If the Wii U is app centric and as easy to develop and publish for (within reason) as Android then TV platform providers could make their own.

I think it would also be nice if you could make your own custom remote control interfaces. Sould be easy for Nint to provide icons, graphics etc, draw your own with the touch screen, and if there aren't maps provided, it should easily be possible on the U pad to point your cable remote at the pads IR sensor, press a button and map that button onto your interface.

jerd

I hope so, yes, it wouldn't be that much work. Be nice to see them branded or skined for the different providers.

If the Wii U is app centric and as easy to develop and publish for (within reason) as Android then TV platform providers could make their own.

I think it would also be nice if you could make your own custom remote control interfaces. Sould be easy for Nint to provide icons, graphics etc, draw your own with the touch screen, and if there aren't maps provided, it should easily be possible on the U pad to point your cable remote at the pads IR sensor, press a button and map that button onto your interface.

It really seems like more possibilities appear every day. I really hope nintendo can capitalize on them.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5
Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch) ( announced in July )
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch) (Semi-confirmed by Shiggy I think)
World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)
Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games
Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)
Namco Bandai
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)(Revealed at E3 2012)(and seriously, who could've guessed that??)
Meteos (Namco Bandai)
Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon
Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo
Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa
Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA
Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
Spicy Horse
Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix
Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games
The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft
UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
DotA 2 (Valve)

Titles revealed post leak in bold. Not saying some of it isn't BS but ..who knows :)

Disregard the fact from fiction, avoid actual developer's statements, and only rely on anonymous developer data. Take that data as fact and start a fight with IdeaMan over his reliablity and reputation for no reason like the poplular member "Heavy".

This part was lame, I don't do this. It also doesn't jive with the rest of your comedic post, it comes off serious not playful ribbing like the rest. Pretty lame dude.

ugoo18

NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
Crysis (EA) (Launch)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
Telltale Games
The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)
Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)

If these actually happened on top of the games we have confirmed for the WiiU i would be happy for quite a while lol

Banned
Other M is a great game if you don't pay attention to the story. Not sure I can say the same thing about FF13.

Opinions, eh? They're like assholes. Everyone's got one. :)

All I got to say is:

Navigate 3D plain with D-Pad (1997 all over again?)
No area music (a series highlight usually)

Anyone by chance know where I can find all those high rez image packs for WiiU games on the Nintendo e3 site for the press and media? Can't find them!

DjRoomba

Banned

neat idea. But again, if it hasnt happened yet on the app store I dont think it will with the Wii U. You know they really should make something like this for iphonepads..

Good point... but it kind of doesn't make sense to release Crysis (a 5 year old game) on a brand new console months before the newest iteration, which is not coming to said console, comes out.

lol dude, you just described game publishing 101. This shouldn't surprise you , also xbox live had a digital release of crysis 1 after crysis 2 was released for it.

neat idea. But again, if it hasnt happened yet on the app store I dont think it will with the Wii U. You know they really should make something like this for iphonepads..

And 3DS! If they want the uPad to be integrated into the livingroom, they need to make the remote thing universal and very intuitive and customisable... to the point that people might actually get a Wii U for that feature, or swing the deal for them.

radcliff

Nintendo
Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch) Another game from EAD 4? I doubt it
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch) Next Level Games is probably too busy with Luigi's Mansion to be working on this

SEGA
Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA) Sega doesn't own the rights to this game

Looks fake- the last one, in particular, is damning.

CaVaYeRo

"12 different accounts in Miiverse", "every Nintendo game will be available @ eShop", and talk on games and mistakes on communicating Wii U concept - interview with Nintendo Spain brand manager, but in English (sort of :p):

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/28671/12+cuentas+de+usuario+en+Wii+U/
(video)

That was just after trying the 3DS XL for the first time.

I really hope they bring the whole Miiverse - accounts stuff to the 3DS. And Project P-100 :-0_______

"12 different accounts in Miiverse", "every Nintendo game will be available @ eShop", and talk on games and mistakes on communicating Wii U concept - interview with Nintendo Spain brand manager, but in English (sort of :p):

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/28671/12+cuentas+de+usuario+en+Wii+U/
(video)

That was just after trying the 3DS XL for the first time.

I really hope they bring the whole Miiverse - accounts stuff to the 3DS. And Project P-100 :-0_______

Cool that they're re-confirming the account system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom