• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Condoms for everybody!

Pff i would rather have a TV protector

Put dat TV into an acrylic glass box, put some air holes atop, some holes in the back for cables and you can throw any controller at it if you like!

Even iPhones, iPads and whole computer towers!

"12 different accounts in Miiverse", "every Nintendo game will be available @ eShop", and talk on games and mistakes on communicating Wii U concept - interview with Nintendo Spain brand manager, but in English (sort of :p):

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/28671/12+cuentas+de+usuario+en+Wii+U/
(video)

Also, no fixed price for the console in EU. Like the 3DS.

Here's a rational thought: 12 Accounts, but all of them tied to the hardware they were created on... how does that sound?

I thought the same thing. Some rep said that you could activate your account on any console, but it's been quite some time since then and no one else really re-confirmed this.

Wii U gets different accounts, but how about 3DS? You guys think that they will create an universal 'Nintendo Account'?

See my post above. I bet you're going to have 12 Accounts and all of them locked to a single hardware. If you want to transfer one of them, you'll have to rent a hostess from Nintendo that guides you through the process while demanding that you put on the wrist strap before initiating the process.

Banned
This part was lame, I don't do this. It also doesn't jive with the rest of your comedic post, it comes off serious not playful ribbing like the rest. Pretty lame dude.

It was meant to be a playful rib :)

Sorry if I offended you.

But you seem to be obsessed with proving this guy wrong. What harm has IdeaMan done by giving us info? I'd prefer his style of revealing info over "I have sources, but don't ask me anything I can't tell herpa derpa". And those "people" know who they are.

Edit: woooooo! Neogaf mobile is back up! Praise the GAF Gods!

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hello everyone. I've been lurking since the very original WUST and just wanted to say thank you to all the folks who shared bits of information here and there. It has been an awesome ride and I look forward to the future.

I know this is going back a little in time, but was there any truth (I think someone on the gafchat mentioned it) to the rumour that Nintendo pulled trailers/(demos?) for Tokyo EAD and Retro Studio's upcoming titles at the last minute at E3?

TheJerit

Condoms for everybody!

Hey, we're all going to get laid!

caddyshack-11.jpg

I'm pretty sure the only thing said was that Batman replaced Aliens at the conference.

Tokyo EAD and Retro's game were in showable states, but I don't think we actually know if they were going to be shown and pulled at the last minute.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Professor Layton Chronicles might be a HD compilation similar to Inazuma Eleven compilation on the 3DS.

Mmmh, first game in 2007, now it's 2012...it could be a 5th Anniversary initiative like Inazuma Eleven Collection!

AzaK

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development
of Warcraft
World of Warcraft?!?!?! I broke my addiction to that but if it comes to consoles, Jesus! Where did you get this list?

Here's a rational thought: 12 Accounts, but all of them tied to the hardware they were created on... how does that sound?
I'm OK with tying acccount to hardware so long as I can go and activate it on another machine and get my downloads if the first machine dies.

I'm OK with tying acccount to hardware so long as I can go and activate it on another machine and get my downloads if the first machine dies.
If I'm not mistaken, I think tying account to hardware means that you can only access your account on that specific console.

That list came out before E3. I personally doubt its legitimacy, though.

World of Warcraft?!?!?! I broke my addiction to that but if it comes to consoles, Jesus! Where did you get this list?

the list was revealed by a site called dualpixels in March. Some of the games do seem a bit out there but the fact that they got something like tank tank tank right months before it was actually revealed may lend credence to the list.

Same about the blockbuster wii u launch title list, which turned out to be quite accurate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

That's what they're doing on 3DS, isn't it?

Looks fake- the last one, in particular, is damning.

When it comes to translating and bringing a game over to the US, it doesn't have to be the original publisher - in fact, it quite often isn't. I know XSeed wanted to bring that game to the US, it's not out of the question that Sega might do so while porting it to Wii U. I think the head of Prope, the game's developer, might have some contacts at Sega...

Having said that, a lot of the list reads like a fan's deepest wishlist. Maybe that fan just happened to love Tank Tank Tank in the arcades.

Steph_E.

I loathe that they're releasing two side scrolling Mario games so quickly and within short succession. It reeks of desperation.

How long does it take to create a Mario game - say, 2 years? So are you saying Nintendo have been in a desperate panic about the Wii U for the last two years?

chris3116

How long does it take to create a Mario game - say, 2 years? So are you saying Nintendo have been in a desperate panic about the Wii U for the last two years?

Both NSMB are made by different teams. If you read the Iwata asks about NSMB 2, they say that the NSMB 2 is made by a team of new developers that didn't make any 2D Mario and NSMBU is made by developers that have experiences to make 2D Mario.

So it's not about the time they made the games.

Banned
Hello everyone. I've been lurking since the very original WUST and just wanted to say thank you to all the folks who shared bits of information here and there. It has been an awesome ride and I look forward to the future.

I know this is going back a little in time, but was there any truth (I think someone on the gafchat mentioned it) to the rumour that Nintendo pulled trailers/(demos?) for Tokyo EAD and Retro Studio's upcoming titles at the last minute at E3?
Welcome!

Retro's demo was apparently pulled because Nintendo didn't want to show its big first party games at this E3 due to the weak showing of the competitors. They most likely are saving the EAD and Retro trailers for the Ps4 and 720 reveals to steal some thunder.

You'll all be extremely pleased to know I've rebooted my Undercover.. cover! If anyone can find a more pointless way to waste time, I'd be willing to hear it.

MiB_lego_city_undercover_wii_u.jpg

Pharros

Long time lurker since the first WUST here as well :) So weird to be able to actually post now and take part in the conversations.

Back on topic, it's amazing how much information we're slowly getting now in comparison to the last several months (Minus e3). It all makes me think that the next Nintendo Direct must be coming up sooner than later. My guess would be late August, with a possible late October Wii U release. Then again, this is Nintendo so who knows.

kitsuneyo

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

I'd put money that Okami HD is one of the announcements Capcom has promised are coming soon. ("Some good stuff is coming" http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/06/capcom-hints-at-wii-u-announcements)

It's just too good a fit, and porting it to WiiU can't be much more work than porting it to PS3. Surely Capcom wants as much cash as possible from the game.

I gave up on the Wii version because I found the controls too imprecise. WiiU is the best format possible for Okami, apart from the WolfStation Mythic 5000 which unfortunately doesn't exist.

What do y'all think Capcom's other WiiU announcements will be?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'd actually take an RE4 remake in, say, the RE6 engine

They clearly have no idea how to make a new one
They clearly don't want to make a new one. Apparently Capcom are perfectly happy with all RE's in the footsteps of 4 being a 'me too, just worse'.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Both NSMB are made by different teams. If you read the Iwata asks about NSMB 2, they say that the NSMB 2 is made by a team of new developers that didn't make any 2D Mario and NSMBU is made by developers that have experiences to make 2D Mario.

So it's not about the time they made the games.

Some of the NSMB 3DS staff. Maybe about half actually, worked on the DS or Wii editions of NSMB.

Tokyo EAD and Retro's game were in showable states, but I don't think we actually know if they were going to be shown and pulled at the last minute.

The EAD Tokyo game allegedly would probably have been an original project and not Super Mario Galaxy 3. It is actually from section 1, as opposed to section 2 which make the Galaxy / 3D Land games.

Nibel

Tokyo EAD's Wii U project..

I can't imagine what the best studio in the world (in my opinion at least) will bring to the table. Really excited to see their take on the controller.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
This is just me speculating. But i truly do think Nintendo considered re-releasing Skyward Sword for the Wii U. It definitely would not hurt being near launch.

That IGN thread was a funny read, bless little Link for taking the time to figure the BS out :D.

If Wii U had a 4 core 3 Ghz CPU, 2.5GB of Ram with a near 700 gigaFLOP GPU it would be pretty close to PS4 / 720 (if those consoles rumoured leaks / specs are indeed true).

I can't see Nintendo going above 2.5Ghz for the CPU, 500 gigaFLOPs for the GPU and 2GB's of Ram for the memory for price reasons and more importantly for that small case, heat.

Still a very nice console for $300 esp with a tablet included and about 100% more powerful than the 360.

RAWi

This is just me speculating. But i truly do think Nintendo considered re-releasing Skyward Sword for the Wii U. It definitely would not hurt being near launch.

That would be nice, but I think their "Zelda" bets are on the Nintendo Land mini-game.

Also, Dragon Quest X will do as their "Twillight Princess" for Wii :D. But with a graphical upgrades.

What I would love is Majora's Mask with a graphical update :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom