• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's strange that Nintendo were showing off the black controller so much at E3 and on their site but a Nintendo rep said that it's only launching in white. Hopefully it's not another of Nintendo's currently typical "We love the core, we love you!....SUCKERS!"

The black controller was the most fascinating thing about that entire ND for me, so they did the job well.
Probably are going to screw us though.

Touch

So is TGS still a thing or what? If so, what can we expect from Nintendo?

Also that black controller is really nice. Though there is no way they are launch with multiple colors. :(

ZuvNl.jpg

Does anyone know what this says?

I know this is kinda old, and maybe got covered already by soneone else, but it says:

Nintendo Ltd
Latest Hardware Exhibition and Briefing
Private Viewing of Wii U

and at the bottom:
About Entry: Limited to people invited [prior to the show].

I think there's a pretty good chance that it'll launch with black only, as a way of differentiating it from the old&busted. I suspect that they're mulling this idea over as we speak.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Like you people are going to have a choice. You'll get whatever color isn't sold out.

I'd be happy with either white or black.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I know this is kinda old, and maybe got covered already by soneone else, but it says:

Nintendo Ltd
Latest Hardware Exhibition and Briefing
Private Viewing of Wii U

and at the bottom:
About Entry: Limited to people invited [prior to the show].

Ahh that must be the Japan post-E3 thing. Probably will be nothing, though I suppose there is a chance a Japanese third party game gets shown.

AzaK

I think there's a pretty good chance that it'll launch with black only, as a way of differentiating it from the old&busted. I suspect that they're mulling this idea over as we speak.

I think that's unlikely given they are still going after the casual crowd so strongly.

Mistle

I'll be aiming for black, assuming we get them down this end of the globe.
Nintendo of Australia have upped their game recently imo, I'm sure we'll be fine. Apart from price... but that's not really a direct fault of Nintendo lol

AzaK

Nintendo of Australia have upped their game recently imo, I'm sure we'll be fine. Apart from price... but that's not really a direct fault of Nintendo lol

Yeah that's another nasty. NZ$6-700 it'll probably be as it's usually 2xUS straight up :(

Journalist (entertainment, not directly game related in my case even if I was in the gaming press more than 10 years ago).

Ah, I see. Hey, when you play NSMBU would you mind confirming whether or not the game absolutely requires the player to shake the Upad in order to take advantage of power up features (Tezuka said in an interview that shaking the Upad gives you a burst of flight with the Squirrel suit so I'm hoping it's not mandatory since shaking it would potentially be a lot more wonky than shaking the Wiimote obviously :/ )

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm not into Call of Duty, but I just realized the Wii U Gamepad could make those missle drop killstreaks more interesting.

if Nintendo is crazy enough not the have that black WiiU at launch then I am crazy enough to keep my money in my pocket until they do have what I wanted

don't tease me at E3 with it and go purple on me

AzaK

Seriously, "white is for appealing to Apple-loving casuals" is so 2008. If anything, they should make it aluminum/black with aluminum trim to appeal to casuals now.

Well that's not what Miyamoto thinks. Mid-end of last year I remember him mentioning that white is the best colour for broader appeal. I guess I should have said "mainstream".

But yeah, Nintendo wouldn't be able to afford to make something as sexy as an Apple device without charging the earth.

if Nintendo is crazy enough not the have that black WiiU at launch then I am crazy enough to keep my money in my pocket until they do have what I wanted

don't tease me at E3 with it and go purple on me

PLEASE go purple! White and black are boring colors...in fact they aren't really colors at all :) Especially black, every damn game system ever made except the Super NES has been available in black at some point in its life.

Log4Girlz

PLEASE go purple! White and black are boring colors...in fact they aren't really colors at all :) Especially black, every damn game system ever made except the Super NES has been available in black at some point in its life.

As they should be. Everything should be available in black.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Whatever Retro is working on I hope it is not sci-fi. Fantasy, contemporary or historical would be my preference.

BD1

Banned
I was reading some of the MGS threads on the discussion board, and it was making me nostalgic for Metal Gear.

I know Nintendo is getting killed right now for a launch lineup of ports of old games, I really hope Konami announces a Wii U port of MGS HD Collection. Maybe with HD version of Twin Snakes added.

It would be right in line with Kojima's normal level of support of Nintendo platforms.

When I first read about it, it set my imagination on fire.

That sounds like after a few weeks people will be crying for online player interaction. I really like the idea though. The item demand idea sounds very interesting.

I really hope it comes to fruition. It initially sounds like my kind of game.

Also a poster by the name of Dark_Link92 pointed this out. Nintendo Gamer is claiming the triggers are analog.

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/06/12/wii-u-your-questions-answered/2/

Are the GamePad triggers analogue (I don’t know y’see) – if not why not? (Mandlecreed)

Yes, the ZL and ZR buttons are analogue. I didn’t see any games that make use of this yet – there are no racing games to speak of yet on Wii U except for one of the mini-games in Sports Champions (which wasn’t there) but they’re clearly analogue triggers as opposed to the L and R shoulder buttons, which are just digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom