• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDX

Nintendo is holding a major Wii U press event in New York City on September 13, hosted by Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. An invitation sent to select media outlets today promised a day that will let us learn "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."

edit: beaten!

Anth0ny

fc1TU.gif

iKhayal18

So... we don't got Nintendo Direct but at least we know a fixed date for the full release of info about Wii U. October launch?
And... If there is an American press event, there has to be a japanese one, maybe even sooner?

jmizzal

So... we don't got Nintendo Direct but at least we know a fixed date for the full release of info about Wii U. October launch?

I dont know if that points to an October launch, the 3DS conf. was on a Jan 19th and 3DS came out March 27th, WiiU conf. Sept 13th that points to Nov 18th based on space between dates.

But we also thought Nintendo Directs were always 21st, 22nd every two months and that doesnt look like it will happen haha.

And... If there is an American press event, there has to be a japanese one, maybe even sooner?

It's usually back to back. Japan the same day, but during Japanese afternoon time.

No

They did it the exact same way for Wii launch details in 2006

But we knew more about Wii at that point...

I would assume November 18th for the American release, if it arrives in late October or early November then it will be a nice unexpected surprise !.

I think it will defo be Nov 18th for NA and Nov 20th or 27th for EU.

OK so that's about three weeks away. I wonder how long the hype train will grow in the meantime...

I mean, if last night was any indication, and that was about a ND that was never even hinted at by Nintendo...

D-e-f-

Banned
And here we go.
And I remember one of the last Directs has been on 27th. So, relax boys.

that was only the Japan-exclusive Christmas special. ALL other ND's were on the 21st or 22nd.

But as long as we have the date of the pre-TGS event, then that's just fine with me.

Oh and in anti-hype news, Nintendo Power is being shut down. Even for a non-American, this kind of feels like the end of an old era. The Club Nintendo Magazine (the German equivalent of NP, also owned and published by Nintendo) closed up shop many years ago and that was a sad moment as well.

wsippel

Banned
So it's starting to look like they will bypass August altogether.

I think that was due to Christmas though.
There could still be a 3DS focussed ND this month. Also, I guess it might be a good idea to throw out some Japan centric announcements to generate more hype for the fall conference - the Wii U lineup for Japan looks pretty damn barren right now.

RAWi

As I thought Nintendo is going to have its own Conference previous TGS (like every year :D). And that cherry on the cake is that it will be the "massive" blowout of Wii U information :D!

Hurray for everyone!

Someone! Quickly! Repair all Hype Trains available and start the engine!

D-e-f-

Banned
I just realized I think I could never work in Nintendo PR or marketing.

I would just sit all those people down on Sept.14 and tell them "dudes and dudettes, shut up, forget what you've been trained to think of as the standard for the last 7 years and really think about how awesome this thing is. Now here are some games, go into that room for a few hours and REALLY play them how they're meant to be played."

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Finally seems like Pre-Orders are finally close...I'm glad we have a date now. A ND would be nice to hold us over until then :)

Edit: Does everyone expect a similar Press Conference in Japan EU on the same day? Would they announce the 3rd Party Japanese support that has been mentioned before this Press Conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom