• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Nibel

Never played the 360 version unfortunately. But I'm in the process of cleaning off my n64s and GameCubes and hooking them up to an old CRT TV and BFD is top of my list for a replay :D

7Ncb2.gif

The_Lump

Banned
sorry yes the great mighty poo isnt the final boss. Its quite early yes?

Still a battle against poo doesnt really fit the definition of mature does it?
Maybe its because I cant handle toilet humour!
Or I was too young to really appreciate it

Probably the language it used too though. "Im going to throw my shit at you" and "how about some scat you little twat" aren't really phrases you'll find in Yoshi's Story for example :p

Lachie007

Any aussies in this thread?

When do you think we'll get our launch details.
I'm thinking all we'll get is a press release late at night with a launch of december and $400 or more price tag.
They'll probably have wiiu in all the major shopping centres like chadstone during the christmas period.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
calling conker mature when the final boss in a giant poo, tells me that gaming still pretty immature.

When they say 'mature', they mean the content is better suited towards adult audiences. And by content I mean the frequent course language, crude sexual humour, and violence. This should have been pretty obvious.

jerd

So hyped for E3Imean the September conference. RETRO's game was rumoured to have been cut from the summer show, so it's almost certain we'll see it this time around. I'm expecting a summer/Q3 launch for that. And I think this will be the right time for one of Nintendo's to show what EAD are working on, and for them to showcase what games we can expect in the future, 2013-2014.
Maybe we'll get our first teasing glimpse of Smash bros... or perhaps that's wishing for a little too much!

Also, I wanted to ask you guys - if nintendo sold a third colour at launch, what would you guys want it to be?

I'm thinking a lightish Blue to match the logo/box design - and this is probably the most likely colour to come next if they do plan on releasing more variations.

The only correct answer to this is Purple and Gray.

Lachie007

When they say 'mature', they mean the content is better suited towards adult audiences. And by content I mean the frequent course language, crude sexual humour, and violence. This should have been pretty obvious.

Take it easy bro. Thats all i remember from conker is the giant poo- i was like 12 when i last played it. Forgive me!

The_Lump

Banned
So hyped for E3Imean the September conference. RETRO's game was rumoured to have been cut from the summer show, so it's almost certain we'll see it this time around. I'm expecting a summer/Q3 launch for that. And I think this will be the right time for one of Nintendo's to show what EAD are working on, and for them to showcase what games we can expect in the future, 2013-2014.
Maybe we'll get our first teasing glimpse of Smash bros... or perhaps that's wishing for a little too much!

Also, I wanted to ask you guys - if nintendo sold a third colour at launch, what would you guys want it to be?

I'm thinking a lightish Blue to match the logo/box design - and this is probably the most likely colour to come next if they do plan on releasing more variations.

Guys. Spice Orange.

Banned
Here's an article talking about what i said earlier on black encasing being better than other color for screens:

I wonder if it's to a noticeable extent for the Wii U Gamepad. If it's the case then i'll choose black :)

Edit: why i'm reading bretzel instead of bezel ? Damn, my food obsession !
Hence why the top screen of the 3DS and the entire inside of the 3DSXL is black. Keeps the eyes focused on the screen.

Also,

Banned
About colors... do any of you think retailers might charge more
for the black unit due to its popularity?
No, that's stupid. Only special editions and limited runs (blue wii and blue ps3 are good examples) should Cost more because of different colors. Nintendo didn't do this with the GCN or n64.
P100 bundle confirmed!
Fuck yes! Platinum is the only color I would want more then black. I wanted a platinum GameCube so much but go the indigo one. The closest I got was a platinum controller which I use to play my GCN games on wii still ;)
it sound strange as a Nintendo-game definition, so it will probably referred to third parties. but due to the fact that third party AAA exclusives titles don't exist anymore, I think that if it is true it is referred to some ports.
I wonder which AAA games though? Official confirmation of Blops2? Dead space 3? Metal Gear Rising? FF Versus XIII (I lol'd), launch date for DQX for Wii U and NA?

The final boss isn't the Great Mighty Poo.

The ending is actually pretty dark. I have played and beaten it in two forms.
Was the ending as dark as your rectum?
Is this new? Apparently, there won't be an equivalent Wii U event in Europe. :(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...se-date-announcement-coming-in-september.html
NoA doing something better than NoE? What is this, 2002?
thank you. I was gonna say it but you saved me the time.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

It's IDEA TIME !

I'm pretty sure a talented photoshoper like Nibel could modify this sort of W bagels to write "Wii U". A real Wii U salted pastry.

And therefore we'll send it as a postcard to Reggie, i'm sure it will have some kind of impact, i mean, he worked at pizza hut after all, and food is a good way to promote a product and make it more mainstream, it's universal !

We could even imagine those cards being distributed in bakers all over the world to advertise the system for a different audience than the traditional one you know.

Someone, do it !

Ps: as the man behind this glorious idea, i want my fair share of the millions it will generate for Nintendo !

The_Lump

Banned
It's IDEA TIME !

I'm pretty sure a talented photoshoper like Nibel could modify this sort of W bagels to write "Wii U". A real Wii U salted pastry.

And therefore we'll send it as a postcard to Reggie, i'm sure it will have some kind of impact, i mean, he worked at pizza hut after all, and food is a good way to promote a product and make it more mainstream, it's universal !

We could even imagine those cards being distributed in bakers all over the world to advertise the system for a different audience than the traditional one you know.

Nibel, do it !

Ps: as the man behind this glorious idjea, i want my fair share of the millions it will generate for Nintendo !

Well a croissant would make a very good letter 'U'....

This is the truth about Conker.

Very puerile humor. But not lacking in expletives or adult themes. Kind of like South Park, but not as "smart" if you want to call South Park smart. Pretty much like my jokes actually. Very little substance, but hey who doesn't get a chuckle from visualizing a monkey beating off smoking a joint?

We're talking BIG Fuzzy!

512WIJFVO7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

?

I've actually been having daydreams about this over the past few days. A ridiculously extensive CAW system with free online trading, creation of stables, creation of promotions/federations, custom online titles, and the ability to host your own Pay Per Views, with (for example), one player in total control booking the matches, others doing the actual fighting, others passively watching the show from their separate Wii U systems or computers or smart phones. Seriously, we need a real revolution in wrestling games.

You have a pretty interesting idea here. Though early opinion has me saying I don't think a player should be given control over booking.

Nibel

It's IDEA TIME !

Someone, do it !

Ps: as the man behind this glorious idea, i want my fair share of the millions it will generate for Nintendo !

YUMMY IDEA TIME

Meelow

Banned
Yes but none of this actualy makes impossible that the accomplishments turn out to be in game features. Same way the 3ds ones are just for mii plaza.

Yeah but they wouldn't stack them up with Achievements and Trophies, and Nintendo already confirmed at E3 that the Wii U will have an Achievement feature, your right that we don't know if it will connect to are accounts but it seems likely.

Nintendo refused to publish or advertise Conker, precisely because it was so mature. So there goes your theory

You are very right, but at least we know Nintendo was behind the project and not against it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Haha, no. The Pachter thing is claiming the Wii U is coming at the wrong time, will bomb, and should be sold at $599.99.

You'll see. From years of following Nintendo like this, it always seems like they pull shit out of the bag last minute, and it always works extremely well.

I didn't mean that in regards to WHAT you're saying but how you approach it. The analyst thing is to guess what would make most sense for the company.

Of course it would make a lot of sense to reveal the Retro game or the game that was pulled from E3 last minute (assuming they're two different projects) now to hype people up for next year and beyond. But that doesn't mean they'll actually do that.

They might just show off less "significant" stuff like HD collections of GCN and/or Wii titles or something like a new Wave Race which would be awesome but probably not on the part of the mind-blow-scale like the Retro.

You obviously might be right but you just can't be so sure. That's all I'm saying.

calling conker mature when the final boss in a giant poo, tells me that gaming still pretty immature.

that's the common misconception about games in relation to the word mature. people are calling that's mature because they're rated M (for mature) and that's all. blood, tits, alcohol obviously has nothing to do with maturity, it just refers to consumers being required of what is considered a "mature age" to properly process all this silliness.

About colors... do any of you think retailers might charge more
for the black unit due to its popularity?

no, that's silly.

Maybe in Europe/Japan where retailers set their own pricing, but not in North America.

no, not even in Europe. still silly.

Never played the 360 version unfortunately. But I'm in the process of cleaning off my n64s and GameCubes and hooking them up to an old CRT TV and BFD is top of my list for a replay :D

Xbox, not 360!

i0w7VEwq24To3.png
YUMMY IDEA TIME

awesome!

The_Lump

Banned
What a creative community we make :D

Seriously, it's tasty & classy ! With some sesame/salt grains and tidbits under, and in a postcard format, and that's it, we can propose this to Nintendo !

So what Ideaman is hinting at is a new Ubisoft IP called...

...wait for it...

U-Fat.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Tehalemi

Well anonymous said the Wii U pretzel taste is on par with the PS360 pretzel taste. Im gonna have to say no buy.

That may very well be the case for some chefs who are not used to actually putting effort in combination with Nintendo's new multipurpose oven
into making a quality Wii U pretzel for bakeries............

Also, my friend's dead martian heard from his 200 year old 7th wife that Apple is making a donut to compete.

;)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So what Ideaman is hinting at is a new Ubisoft IP called...

...wait for it...

U-Fat.

Thankyou and goodnight.

rofl, well, a cooking game on Wii U should be very interesting with the gamepad & all

Imagine having the virtual content of a wok displayed on the controller screen, shaking the ingredients and toss them in the air, then they will be rendered on the TV (with the help of the front camera), and you would have to gather those without loosing any by positioning the gamepad right under.

It could work for crepe also !

A sort of augmented reality cooking title, with a virtual utensil between your hands, and a more general view of the scene on the TV (showing you, wanabee Pizzaiolo, manipulating a tasty pizza rendered on the gamepad screen).

Banned
What if I tell you that a Wii U pretzel is 2-3.5x tastier than a normal soft pretzel?
I'd say your full of shit because we all know Wii U pretzels is on par with strip mall pretzel stand pretzels. Plus it doesn't have enough salt, the salt content just isn't that great.

MDX

No, that's stupid. Only special editions and limited runs (blue wii and blue ps3 are good examples) should Cost more because of different colors. Nintendo didn't do this with the GCN or n64.

Notice I said retailers.
And as a poster above mentioned,
retailers in euroland and japan can play with prices.
I believe Nintendo confirmed this as well.

They're too good for F-Zero
leave it to Sega or something...
i5uuA.gif
I'd imagine another Sega-Nintendo F-Zero collaboration would turn heads. If only NeoGAF's, but still, we, too, have heads, and they can be turned.

However, IIRC Nagoshi, the man who worked on F-Zero [A/G]X, is working full-tilt on Yakuza these days. IIRC it's one of only four franchises they're actually willing to publish anymore.

A shame, because it'd have been hilarious if he could do another F-Zero and toss in some extra Sega winks in there. I dunno, maybe a contestant who drives a car that's literally the Hornet turned into an F-Zero racing car.

The_Lump

Banned
rofl, well, a cooking game on Wii U should be very interesting with the gamepad & all
Imagine having the virtual content of a wok displayed on the controller screen, for shake the ingredients upward then they will be rendered on the TV (with the help of the front camera), and you would have to gather those without loosing any by positioning the gamepad right under.

It could work for crepe also !

A sort of augmented reality cooking title, with a virtual utensil between your hands, an a more general view of the scene on the TV (showing you, wanabee Pizzaiolo, manipulating a tasty pizza rendered on the gamepad screen).

THIS....

...will be a Wario Ware mini game, I guarantee :D

Srsly though, that's a good concept! I hope devs are going to treat us to some gleefully silly uses of the upad/tv screen combo such as this.

Meelow

Banned
The Wipeout thread made me sad, I'm going to study to become a Video Game Developer and now I'm kinda scared too :(.

I agree they should make F-Zero for Wii U btw

CaVaYeRo

So we recently learned Wii U will also use 'SpotPass' system, unless it changes it's name upon launch. It looks like Miiverse will be one thing, but then you'll get SpotPass updates if activated, same as on 3DS.

I'm really liking and using this on the 3DS, so let's see if Wii U gets content at the same pace - would be nice.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So we recently learned Wii U will also use 'SpotPass' system, unless it changes it's name upon launch. It looks like Miiverse will be one thing, but then you'll get SpotPass updates if activated, same as on 3DS.

I'm really liking and using this on the 3DS, so let's see if Wii U gets content at the same pace - would be nice.

It was one of the first system service known by developers, long before the reveal of Miiverse, etc. And it's only natural considering it was already available in a certain form on Wii. Let's hope they will push some interesting content when the Wii U will be in sleep mode, like Iwata animated swapnotes offering you a glimpse of a new IP through an attached limited demo :p

CaVaYeRo

It was one of the first system service known by developers, long before the reveal of Miiverse, etc. And it's only natural considering it was already available in a certain form on Wii. Let's hope they will push some interesting content when the Wii U will be in sleep mode, like Iwata animated swapnotes offering you a glimpse of a new IP through an attached limited demo :p

hah - yup! It's also a natural definition of Wii Connect 24 early idea.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Psygnosis gone, Nintendo Power closing.. Oh well, everything comes to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom