• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of any 3DS games is strange.

RE:R's relative bombing was recent enough that they must have had some follow up games planned that are too late to cancel.

Then again, we will be seeing MH4 soon enough, anyway.

Okay, but no general comments, otherwise they're absolutely silent, right ? I must admit I'm surprised, I thought Capcom would for sure bring at least some support to Wii U.
I expected at least to see the FF:Crystal Chronicles WiiU IP from SQEX even something if it was something small as My Life as A King 2 but even this didn't happen which I thought was a Shoe IN before E3.

Effect

This could be interesting depending what the quality is like. The show is pretty good. Let's hope it's more War for Cybertron and Batman Arkham and less older licensed games.

RE:R's relative bombing was recent enough that they must have had some follow up games planned that are too late to cancel.

I keep hoping they understand why it did badly. It was largely their own doing.

Well Capcom didn't do much this E3 and their presence wasn't big. I feel as if they're saving any announcements, if they have any to begin with, until the Japanese showing. Capcom didn't show anything for the 3DS either iirc.

I'm thinking more and more that Capcom is a lost cause. The only reason Nintendo snagged Monster Hunter is because a) they still lead in dedicated portables and b) Nintendo and Capcom probably feel that once the Pokemon crowd grows up a little, they'll take to monster hunting, so there's money to be made. Gotta kill'em all!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Despite all the pessimism, I think there's a possibility to have a scenary better than C ( which would still be an improvement over Wii's situation, if Wii U can get also the exclusives like Wii XD ): if Wii U sells pretty well in the first year. Considering PS4 and 720 won't be priced in such a good way (probably 399 $ or even more ), they should have a slow start. Something which would allow Wii U to attract more support, especially due to being much more port-friendly this time. The fact it's being released an year before the competition is a pretty good advantage. It's basically what made 360 the huge software attraction it's been for this gen, in the end. Things can change.

Linkhero1

I know, but I'm still surprised we didn't even get the usual promises, not even in interviews. Also is DD really likely with its apparently pretty disappointing sales in the West ?

I see DD being a possible launch-launch window title. The thing is, we haven't heard that much from Japanese developers aside from Bandai Namco. We're getting that Sonic Racer game too. Konami, Capcom, and SE have been rather quiet.

I'm thinking more and more that Capcom is a lost cause. The only reason Nintendo snagged Monster Hunter is because a) they still lead in dedicated portables and b) Nintendo and Capcom probably feel that once the Pokemon crowd grows up a little, they'll take to monster hunting, so there's money to be made.

I thought Nintendo's relationship with Capcom got better, no? Personally, I just don't give a shit about Capcom anymore. Haven't bought a title published by them since SFIV 3DS and I don't plan on buying another one of their games for a while.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Edit:
Didn't ShockingAlberto say something about Japanese (mid-tier ?) developers/publishers being interested in Wii U a very long time ago ? I remember something like that. Any update on that ?

Yes he did. I don't think he has said anything else.

chris3116

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Colors
de Blob
Marble Madness
Red Steel 2
Goldeneye 007 ( it started as a Wii exclusive)
Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom
MH3
Epic Mickey ( I liked it!)
Zack & Wiki
RE4 Wii Edition
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Bloom Blox
Grand Slam Tennis ( the first one )
PES Playmaker (marc^o will perfectly agree with me on this)
And many others

...Yeah, actually even just a 25% of consideration for next gen multiplatform plans ( I hope at least 50%, however) AND a list of exclusives as Wii had...I'd be good XD

EDIT: FUCK, HOW COULD I FORGET THESE OTHER ONES

Little King Story
Mad World
Silent Hill: Shattred Dimensions

I'd say even the last Prince of Persia, a different version compared to HD one, and a better game.

Nintendo should go with an alternative library and yeah I agree the Wii has that kind of library. I need to get more of these games since they are not expensive on Amazon. I'll try to get Little King Story and Muramasa soon. Project P-100 reminds me Little King Story more than Pikmin.

PES Playmaker should be on Wii U I heard what is this game on Wii and with the screen on the controller, it would be a perfect evolution.

StevieP

Banned
Despite all the pessimism, I think there's a possibility to have a scenary better than C ( which would still be an improvement over Wii's situation, if Wii U can get also the exclusives like Wii XD ): if Wii U sells pretty well in the first year. Considering PS4 and 720 won't be priced in such a good way (probably 399 $ or even more ), they should have a slow start. Something which would allow Wii U to attract more support, especially due to being much more port-friendly this time. The fact it's being released an year before the competition is a pretty good advantage. It's basically what made 360 the huge software attraction it's been for this gen, in the end. Things can change.

The nature of the self-fulfilling prophecy says
holy-order-outlook-not-good.jpg

I would suggest the type is GDDR3, also the 476fp cores also makes sense because of timing... I'm basically looking at Wii U as a 2009 console with 2012 features, that is what everything points to.

About the CPU, I believe gearbox pointed to the CPU being really wonderful or some such thing, the quote ended with because it came so late in this cycle. To me I think that means if the CPU is used properly it is greater than Xenon, but running basically code designed for PS360 is going to take a hit to performance, and the CPU simply doesn't have the clock rate to bruteforce the code.

It would be interesting if it had some sort of turbo though, but I won't hold my breathe lol.

Very interesting.

ntB8H.gif

Edit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27590263&highlight=476fp#post27590263

Mpl90

The nature of the self-fulfilling prophecy says
holy-order-outlook-not-good.jpg

Eh, I know. In order to see the change, many things have to happen. So far, the only one which should probably happen is Wii U selling well in its first year. The other things are wild guesses, I know.

StevieP

Banned
Very interesting.

You said the 476p long before we actually knew any of the Wii U innards. The fact that it's now a real possibility (along with the 470s) deserves some kudos and/or beer.

With that said, we still don't know. Folks at Beyond3D still consider overclocked Broadway a possibility lol. (Would fit with 100% native 480p BC mentioned by Nintendo, I guess?)

I thought Nintendo's relationship with Capcom got better, no? Personally, I just don't give a shit about Capcom anymore. Haven't bought a title published by them since SFIV 3DS and I don't plan on buying another one of their games for a while.

That relationship seems to have peaked during the days of the Capcom 5, but it's gradually grown cold (whether that has anything to do w/ the departures of Mikami and then Inafune I have no idea). The RE:R bomba certainly doesn't help matters. Maybe we'll get RE6 sometime next year since there seems to be a clear outcry, but beyond that? I'm not optimistic.

You said the 476p long before we actually knew any of the Wii U innards. The fact that it's now a real possibility (along with the 470s) deserves some kudos and/or beer.

With that said, we still don't know. Folks at Beyond3D still consider overclocked Broadway a possibility lol. (Would fit with 100% native 480p BC mentioned by Nintendo, I guess?)

Does that Espresso guy have any credibility whatsoever? I mean lherre was verified, and he definitely does not seem the type to make exaggerated claims (2-way SMT vs none at all).

Linkhero1

That relationship seems to have peaked during the days of the Capcom 5, but it's gradually grown cold (whether that has anything to do w/ the departures of Mikami and then Inafune I have no idea). The RE:R bomba certainly doesn't help matters. Maybe we'll get RE6 sometime next year since there seems to be a clear outcry, but beyond that? I'm not optimistic.

I meant to say that it's gotten better since the days of Capcom 5. Well at least in the handheld space.

We've had a lot of discussion back and forth about that. There's one guy on another forum who talks about the 476FP like it's a direct descendant of Broadway as well - back as early as November 2010.

http://wiiugo.com/wii-2-to-use-next-generation-powerpc-cpu-processor/

I'm not 100% convinced that the Wii U is using it, but if it is direct descendent and had any Nintendo designed stuff in mind very far back, and the spec sheets for it have pictures of the Wii on them, it seems like an extremely strong possibility. I didn't know all of this at first, but every bit I found out made my conviction stronger. I mostly stopped posting about it because there was also a lot of argument against it.

More posting by wiiboy101:

http://forum.seanmalstrom.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=109

z0m3le

Banned
This may be incorrect, but I've read that GDDR3 chip densities plateaued at 1 gigabit. It's an EOL product at this point, and to achieve the 1.5 GB from the specs sheet, would require an unfathomable (for Nintendo) 12 chips. I think GDDR5 is more like than GDDR3 actually, but after this E3, I am prepared for the worst.

I'm not putting too much thought into that vague quote from the gearbox CEO. As it is an OoOE design, I'm sure it will be "really great" from some game code, but we also have reports that it sucks for other things (specifically physics), which, to me, points to either a lack of pure speed, lack of AltiVec, or both. I forget the reason why, but wsippel seems to believe the 470s is more in line w/ the requirements of a gaming console than the 476fp. Maybe he'll drop in and explain why in more detail, or I'll try to dig through the old posts if I get bored enough.

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/elpida-moves-to-25nm-4gb-ddr3-sdram-chip-production-20110923/
Up to 4Gbits per chip, Wii U also has 2GBs ram, not 1.5GBs, remember the OS is taking up a locked out 512MBs worth of ram, but that is while it is debugging the OS, the OS will shrink to a less amount when debug has been completed, allowing for 1.7-1.8GBs of useable memory being likely for Wii U. Also this requires 8 chips with 2Gbit sizes, or 4 with the 4Gbit sizes, also allows for direct Wii emulation, as the GDDR3 is found in Wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_400#PowerPC_470
PPC 470s includes the 476fp, it's part of that series, and it happened to come about in 2009.

This is what I mean about a 2009 console, Nintendo went out in 2009 to their hardware partners and started looking for cost effective hardware that would be state of the art (in terms of efficiency) at the time, they knew they were a few years out from release, so the technology would be withered properly at this time. A customized R700 gpu core with 2012 featureset (confirmed by antonz) with 6 476fps in pairs to give the impression of 3 cores with SMT. flipper including on the GPU and Wii's CPU features customized right onto Wii U's CPU would give 100% hardware bc without locking the system out, like GC wii BC works.

Just speculation on my part based on the CPU: "3 cores" 6 threads based on PPC476fp's running @ 1.8GHz modern features, but an embedded part.

GPU would look like this:
~600GFLOPs information I was given from a trusted source, but it would easily fit with 480shaders @ 600MHz giving you 576GFLOPs. Just some simple math based on early rumors and an inside source, but it's likely what the Wii U is hardware wise.

Nothing that will blow current gen away, at least without a ground up project that takes flipper's unique features such as lighting into account, but it also isn't completely thrashed by what is coming either. The rumors of those boxes are ~3X GPU wise what the Wii U is, but thanks to leaked specs from a week or two ago, we know it has compute units, tessellation, and even Arkam said that the Wii U's GPU was modern, just didn't have any teeth.

I'm sorry if I sound like a rerun or that I've posted this info half a dozen times, but I just think you guys feel that you'll have to endure another generation like this one, but EVERY tech person in this thread will tell you the difference in terms of architecture and power that Wii U will see when compared to other next gen consoles, is so much smaller that it's easier to compare Trinity to a HD7850, because that is pretty darn close to the same performance.

schuelma

I think the whole how close to PS4/720 discussion is probably pretty irrelevant for purposes of discussing 3rd party efforts.

Another 3DS game that I expected to show was Profesor Layton since it's releasing in Europe this year and would've benefited from the focus on the few 3DS games shown at E3 especially that it'll be published by LEVEL 5 in the US.

StevieP

Banned

How certain are you of this?

~600GFLOPs information I was given from a trusted source, but it would easily fit with 480shaders @ 600MHz giving you 576GFLOPs. Just some simple math based on early rumors and an inside source, but it's likely what the Wii U is hardware wise.

What if Nintendo's underclocked the chip since these original estimates/early target specs? Keep in mind that if you use Gamepad to any decent extent, you can see why Ideaman has stated "360+ with gamepad".

We've had a lot of discussion back and forth about that. There's one guy on another forum who talks about the 476FP like it's a direct descendant of Broadway as well - back as early as November 2010.

It matches the timeframe of their r700-based GPU selection, certainly, when they were out nailing out parts for the Wii's successor.

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/elpida-moves-to-25nm-4gb-ddr3-sdram-chip-production-20110923/
Up to 4Gbits per chip, Wii U also has 2GBs ram, not 1.5GBs, remember the OS is taking up a locked out 512MBs worth of ram, but that is while it is debugging the OS, the OS will shrink to a less amount when debug has been completed, allowing for 1.7-1.8GBs of useable memory being likely for Wii U. Also this requires 8 chips with 2Gbit sizes, or 4 with the 4Gbit sizes, also allows for direct Wii emulation, as the GDDR3 is found in Wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_400#PowerPC_470
PPC 470s includes the 476fp, it's part of that series, and it happened to come about in 2009.

This is what I mean about a 2009 console, Nintendo went out in 2009 to their hardware partners and started looking for cost effective hardware that would be state of the art (in terms of efficiency) at the time, they knew they were a few years out from release, so the technology would be withered properly at this time. A customized R700 gpu core with 2012 featureset (confirmed by antonz) with 6 476fps in pairs to give the impression of 3 cores with SMT. flipper including on the GPU and Wii's CPU features customized right onto Wii U's CPU would give 100% hardware bc without locking the system out, like GC wii BC works.

Just speculation on my part based on the CPU: "3 cores" 6 threads based on PPC476fp's running @ 1.8GHz modern features, but an embedded part.

Nothing that will blow current gen away, at least without a ground up project that takes flipper's unique features such as lighting into account, but it also isn't completely thrashed by what is coming either. The rumors of those boxes are ~3X GPU wise what the Wii U is, but thanks to leaked specs from a week or two ago, we know it has compute units, tessellation, and even Arkam said that the Wii U's GPU was modern, just didn't have any teeth.

I'm sorry if I sound like a rerun or that I've posted this info half a dozen times, but I just think you guys feel that you'll have to endure another generation like this one, but EVERY tech person in this thread will tell you the difference in terms of architecture and power that Wii U will see when compared to other next gen consoles, is so much smaller that it's easier to compare Trinity to a HD7850, because that is pretty darn close to the same performance.

That link RE: RAM density pertains to DDR3, not GDDR3. They're completely different, as GDDR3 is actually based off of DDR2. The rest of your speculation I can pretty much agree w/ or at least see as a possibility.

And "withered properly?" lol, I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't use that term. All reports point to them watering that R700 with loving care up until very recently.

Edit: Elpida is also bankrupt and, I believe, got bought out recently, so I doubt they'll be supplying the RAM either way.

What if Nintendo's underclocked the chip since these original estimates/early target specs? Keep in mind that if you use Gamepad to any decent extent, you can see why Ideaman has stated "360+ with gamepad".

I don't think they'd actually lower performance, as the rumors had it that dev kits got a nice bump around the end of last year/beginning of this year (v4 dev kits) and then v5 got another very small bump in performance (amounting to under 10fps in practice).

I'm still hoping for a 640:32:16 core config, but I'm thinking they possibly locked off/changed some of the SPUs for GPGPU functionality and/or the supposed built-in lighting effects. That's getting a bit too technical for me to speculate any more on though.

z0m3le

Banned
How certain are you of this?
Ideaman has said that the OS took at least 500MBs and devs have more than a little over 1GB of ram to work with, at another point other devs have said that Wii U have about 1.5GBs of ram to work with, so I'm fairly confident about 2GBs ram, unless you can think of a reason for them to only have 1.75GBs ram.
Ah, but we heard that the Wii U received a bump in power around dev kit 4, and dev kit 1 was underclocked, which we have to assume was from dev kit 2, 3 or 4 coming out and having a higher clock. 600MHz really doesn't sound unreasonable when we are talking about a 32nm process IMO.

It matches the timeframe of their r700-based GPU selection, certainly, when they were out nailing out parts for the Wii's successor.

That is why I went straight for this specific chip, I didn't know it's connection to Wii's CPU, makes it much easier to place it as serious speculation then just throwing numbers at a wall, because we know Nintendo wants 100% hardware emulation.

I think we shouldn't forget Japan in this discussion, if Wii U performs decently here, it could/should get some nice games. I'm still wondering if Dragon Quest X is going to have any effect. wild card.

Western support depends on the Wii U performance and the gap between the system and PS4/720. I think it's going to be better than Wii - support, but we'll see.

I remember talking about the Radeon HD 4770 way back then too. It's a very interesting chip in their line - although I don't believe that it's the chip that will be used, I could see it being the consumer chip that resulted in the die shrink proof of concept that may have happened in the process of developing the Wii U GPU - given that every single other chip in that series is 55nm to it's 40nm.

schuelma

I think we shouldn't forget Japan in this discussion, if Wii U performs decently here, it could/should get some nice games. I'm still wondering if Dragon Quest X is going to have any effect. wild card.

Western support depends on the Wii U performance and the gap between the system and PS4/720. I think it's going to be better than Wii - support, but we'll see.

1- I agree that Japan should be pretty good for Wii U support. Of course we really haven't seen anything, so right now that is kind of a guess.

2- DQ X will certainly be interesting. I don't think it is a megaton for Wii U support, but I think it is a nice first step.

3-I no longer think ease of porting is really going to matter in the West. Given what we know if the 2012/2013 lineups right now, given the public comments from Take Two, and given what Alberto has been hinting at for months, I think most Western 3rd parties are simply not going to bother. Maybe Ubisoft, but even in that case you could not even get a confirmation that Watch Dogs was coming.

Yeah, it's a hell of a creative team, but I just can't see why nobody captilized on it. It combats so many of the typical JRPG complaints with relative ease. JRPGs are too damn long and full of filler? CT has 20-25 hour runtime, zero filler. Sidequests are shitty fetch-quests? CT actually incorporates it's characters into the sidequests in a meaningful way that expands on their personal history. Random battles suck? CT gets rid of random battles, and builds encounters in a way that you'd never feel like you need to go back and farm a few levels. The entire game is built on a steady difficult curve that moves along with you. JRPGs have shitty, anime shonen bullshit masquering as stories? CT's plot is one of a simple, timeless fairy tale, accessible to just about anyone. JRPG combat is too slow and convoluted? CT's combat is fast-paced, easy to learn, and gradually allows the player to grow into it's depth by way of team synergy and combo techs.

CT is such a tightly-paced, wonderfully accessible, timeless JRPG masterpiece, and yet so many of it's ideas and innovations were ignored for bloated playtimes, cliche anime storytelling, and random battles.

Great post! I agree with all the points on why the gameplay works so well. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chrono Trigger is the Star Wars of RPGs: a universally simple yet charming and epic fairy tale with a dash of science fiction.

Now all Square can give us are bloated CGI fests with poor battle systems and some of the worst and most painfully cliched emo-punk character designs in the industry.

There's a reason CT's gameplay, story and characters are still so appealing and beloved to this day.

And as I said in one of the pre-E3 threads, a proper follow up with cel shaded Toriyama art on the Wii U would be amazing but it's probably just as well that the Square we have now doesn't try to revisit it again.

evangd007

I expected at least to see the FF:Crystal Chronicles WiiU IP from SQEX even something if it was something small as My Life as A King 2 but even this didn't happen which I thought was a Shoe IN before E3.

With DQX going to Wii U, Square Enix would have to be pretty damn incompetent for them not to heavily support Wii U.

Thus, Square Enix will not heavily support the Wii U.

Edit:
Didn't ShockingAlberto say something about Japanese (mid-tier ?) developers/publishers being interested in Wii U a very long time ago ? I remember something like that. Any update on that ?

That reminds me that Alberto heard through the grapevine that Square Enix was considering bringing "a bad PC MMO" to Wii U.
FF14.

For what it's worth, Prophecy2k, a supposed insider over at beyond3d says that 1.5 GB total is a lock for retail units, and he seems fairly believable. As to how that fits Ideaman's posts? Remember, in actuality we're talking multiples of 8, so if dev kits set aside 512 MB of RAM for the OS, devs would have had 1024 to play with.

I'm probably nuts, but I think they might use GDDR5. Even AMD's embedded line for fucking casino machines uses the stuff as part of a MCM. DDR3 bandwidth would struggle to match the 360's 22GB/s and the Wii U also has the pad to stream to, remember. Any sane engineer would have to realize this requires more to achieve basic parity on the main screen.

And since I've got balance and multipliers on my mind, 1800Mhz effective GDDR5 would line up quite nicely w/ the CPU and GPU clocks I listed earlier.

Edit: Scratch the 1800 Mhz and make it 1200. Would match reports of "slow" RAM (as it would be a 600 Mhz clock x2 as GDDR5 works) and also line up w/ the ratios Nintendo used in the Gamecube where RAM speed = 2x GPU clock.

z0m3le

Banned
I remember talking about the Radeon HD 4770 way back then too. It's a very interesting chip in their line - although I don't believe that it's the chip that will be used, I could see it being the consumer chip that resulted in the die shrink proof of concept that may have happened in the process of developing the Wii U GPU - given that every single other chip in that series is 55nm to it's 40nm.

Yeah, I've always thought this, I had a HD4870 at the time, and was floored with that chip, it out performed the 4850 with just some overclocking.

About GDDR3: http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/rumor--wii-u-packs--quite-surp/1278962?page=4 they do have 2Gbit sizes I guess, there is some speculation going on there and someone mentions it, though I'm sure if you go count a GPU with 2GBs of GDDR memory, you'd find 8 chips and not 16.

About the GPU, it's mostly speculation on my part about the shader numbers and clock speeds, it could easily be 640 shaders clocked at 500Mhz, giving 640GFLOPs, still fitting in that ~600Gflops number.

Yeah, I've always thought this, I had a HD4870 at the time, and was floored with that chip, it out performed the 4850 with just some overclocking.

About GDDR3: http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/rumor--wii-u-packs--quite-surp/1278962?page=4 they do have 2Gbit sizes I guess, there is some speculation going on there and someone mentions it, though I'm sure if you go count a GPU with 2GBs of GDDR memory, you'd find 8 chips and not 16.

About the GPU, it's mostly speculation on my part about the shader numbers and clock speeds, it could easily be 640 shaders clocked at 500Mhz, giving 640GFLOPs, still fitting in that ~600Gflops number.

In all due respect, we need a better source than some random speculation on a message board. I have discussed this in the past w/ numerous sources and then done a comprehensive search myself. It does not seem that 2 gigabit gddr3 chips exist.

But if the game didn't sell well among the originally intended audience, wouldn't we expect even worse sales ? Wouldn't it make more sense to try and bring the big franchises over in an effort to get more (casual) people accustomed to the franchise in general ?

Edit:

A lot of that is/was dependent on a few factors

A) Crossplatform Wii U/Vita development
B) How quickly Sony wants to move developers to the PS4
C) Whether we'll run in to a similar PS2/PS3 situation where the legacy system is a vastly better deal than the new one because of Sony's screwup.

schuelma

A lot of that is/was dependent on a few factors

A) Crossplatform Wii U/Vita development
B) How quickly Sony wants to move developers to the PS4
C) Whether we'll run in to a similar PS2/PS3 situation where the legacy system is a vastly better deal than the new one because of Sony's screwup.

Yeah that doesn't sound too promising- the impression I get is the only way Wii U will get sufficient Japanese support is off the backs of other platforms.

Wii all over again it appears.

Edit- Also sounds like developers once again will move to Sony.

What actually works for the Wii U is that the last big Japanese console game for this generation is probably going to be RE6 and after that everything will be niche as fuck.

So once Japanese third parties get a handle on Wii U development being different, more of those games should also be on there.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Probably already posted, but I didn't see it.

Reggie's on Fallon tonight with the Wii U. Oh, boy.

What do you guys think will happen?

Literally JUST beaten.... Damn it.

:}

Jimmy will probably be going crazy over the concept of the Wii U Gamepad. Other than his reactions, I don't think anything new will happen.

z0m3le

Banned
In all due respect, we need a better source than some random speculation on a message board. I have discussed this in the past w/ numerous sources and then done a comprehensive search myself. It does not seem that 2 gigabit gddr3 chips exist.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...sk=view&id=466&Itemid=23&limit=1&limitstart=4 4 chips 1GB GDDR3, 256MBs each.

Also, GDDR5 would be against the rumors of devs saying that the ram was slow. GDDR3 would fit that a lot better, and there is no reason they couldn't use 2GBs with 8 chips.

About the memory, again we have gotten reports of devs having more than 1GB of ram to work with, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 are all possible, but seeing as how the OS is taking up to 512MBs of ram, 1.5GBs for devs makes the most sense.

schuelma

What actually works for the Wii U is that the last big Japanese console game for this generation is probably going to be RE6 and after that everything will be niche as fuck.

So once Japanese third parties get a handle on Wii U development being different, more of those games should also be on there.

I'm a bit unclear on what you mean.

Do you know of any Japanese 3rd parties that seem to be on board?

z0m3le

Banned
I'm a bit unclear on what you mean.

Do you know of any Japanese 3rd parties that seem to be on board?

There is a pretty clear reason why Wii U will blow up in japan, they will love it as a home portable, a personal console + kareokee. Once it's big in japan, it will get support from there.

Mpl90

Yeah that doesn't sound too promising- the impression I get is the only way Wii U will get sufficient Japanese support is off the backs of other platforms.

Wii all over again it appears.

Edit- Also sounds like developers once again will move to Sony.

Mmmmh, in reality, if Vita continues doing like this, it's all profit for Wii U ( other than 3DS, obviously).
I mean, in Japan Wii had a serious challenger in attracting some franchises due to PSP. Now that Vita seems won't be absolutely what PSP has been in these years, we'll see many on 3DS, but it's very possible we'll see some of these games on Wii U. Wii U will see also some multi with PS3. Then, if it sells very well (effectively, I'm pretty sure it'll start well in Japan, since its nature: it seems the perfect home consoles for Japan audience ) we'll see many games coming from them on Wii U.

BlackJace

There is a pretty clear reason why Wii U will blow up in japan, they will love it as a home portable, a personal console + kareokee. Once it's big in japan, it will get support from there.

Good point. They have a sort of "home-field" advantage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom