• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone add a question about converting one of those USB 2.0 controllers to 3.0. That's all I'm asking Nintendo, just convert one of them.

jwj442

Anything that was easily possible. So I'm surprised they are refusing ports now. Reggie acts like this E3 was their biggest success, which is his job, but I hope behind that facade they realise that they fucked up and act accordingly asap.
While it's buried in PR speak, both Reggie and Iwata have said something to the effect of "our message was confusing at E3 and we will adjust our presentation of the Wii U based on feedback."

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley
Speaking of Reggie, he's on @jimmyfallon tonight showing off ZombiU for WiiU.

BD1

Banned
While it's buried in PR speak, both Reggie and Iwata have said something to the effect of "our message was confusing at E3 and we will adjust our presentation of the Wii U based on feedback."

The Nintendo UK boss also said as much in an interview recently.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of the Nintendo meeting room when they put the final approval on the E3 presentation
and ate bananas

Redford

aka Cabbie
Someone add a question about converting one of those USB 2.0 controllers to 3.0. That's all I'm asking Nintendo, just convert one of them.

One of the gaming side threads it was said that USB 3.0 would be largely useless for a gaming console. I don't know anything about that stuff, but is that true, maybe?

One of the gaming side threads it was said that USB 3.0 would be largely useless for a gaming console. I don't know anything about that stuff, but is that true, maybe?

Since Nintendo is relying on external HDDs for expansion and we won't be seeing a successor till probably 2018, it's necessary.

3) Hardcore Music [Wii U] - An assassin is going through time, killing history's greatest composers and performers. With your arsenal of melodic yet badass weaponry, you must travel back to save them from whoever is trying to prevent humanity from developing a musical culture. Game uses rhythm-based weapon control, but there's so much blood that nobody notices that the game mechanically resembles Guitar Hero. Head boss is
Skrillex
. Co-op involves missions where players must obtain weapons in the categories "wind", "percussive", "string" and "vocal blast" in order to defeat insanely powerful, noise-cancelling enemies.

I don't know whether to cheer or vomit.

Introducing KickBeat, a Music Combat Game
for PS Vita

I guess you'll know soon enough.

(hah, I swear I didn't know about this before I posted that earlier message, but I'm amused enough to make note of it now -- I still like my version better)

AzaK

Jimmy Fallon/Reggie. You ask it on twitter using the #nintendotwitterqs. I would do it, but I don't do Twitter.
So Fallon is going to ask Reggie questions? I think that basically means they will be non technical and pretty mainstream like what colours it will be. I doubt he'd ask them why GTA V ain't coming.

Lyude77

So Fallon is going to ask Reggie questions? I think that basically means they will be non technical and pretty mainstream like what colours it will be. I doubt he'd ask them why GTA V ain't coming.

Yeah, probably. It says he'll use some of audience's questions though*. I bet he'll choose the "What games can you confirm are launch day?" or something. That would at least clear up some confusion.

* https://twitter.com/LateNightJimmy/status/213707229814194176

Edit: Actually, Fallon will probably ask him stuff like what games he's currently playing. Sigh. I mean, that's okay, but I know it's going to be like Mario Tennis Open or whatever the latest title Nintendo is pushing. I don't think he's lying, it's just a predictably boring question.

Touch

I'd like to know the answer to the colors.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Rumor going around is Fallon will confront Reggie about Pikmin 3 not going online.

I didn't even know what was going on. I was just saying because of the other post. :p

Basically faster loading if you have a downloaded game (or install cache if they do that), and I guess faster saving if there's anything big to be saved like videos or some big user created stuff.

Optional installs. I would like to be able to use this properly.

Lyude77

Rumor going around is Fallon will confront Reggie about Pikmin 3 not going online.

That's going to be a disaster. I hope Reggie can find a way to avoid being really angry or raising his voice, haha. Maybe we'll get to see if Pikmin 3 is a launch title, though.

rpmurphy

Oh boy, another "news blog article" thread with regurgitated information that's cherry-picked and spun into something with a different meaning, and made-up information to go along with it. News-posting GAF has gone down severely in competency, I swear.

WOW, Fallon's show just started and the entire opening was an 8-bit tribute to Mega Man 2's opening! It was some of the best fanservice I've ever seen. Gets settled in for some skits, Roots and Reggie.

sphagnum

Banned
Fallon's already confusing the audience about the Wii U. He just said it's a "new system" but that you "use it with the Wii."

Wonder if Reggie will clear that up.

snesfreak

Banned
Oh boy, another "news blog article" thread with regurgitated information that's cherry-picked and spun into something with a different meaning, and made-up information to go along with it. News-posting GAF has gone down severely in competency, I swear.
You mean that "Won't pay for exclusives" thread?
Yeah, typical troll bait bullshit thread.

Fallon's already confusing the audience about the Wii U. He just said it's a "new system" but that you "use it with the Wii."

Wonder if Reggie will clear that up.

SMH, I don't know who to blame any more. I thought Fallon was a gamer. He doesn't know that the Wii U is a new console by now? This is not good. Brand confusion ahoy.

SMH, I don't know who to blame any more. I thought Fallon was a gamer. He doesn't know that the Wii U is a new console by now? This is not good. Brand confusion ahoy.

Yes, very disappointing, now the first part of the interview will be Reggie wasting more time explaining it's a new console.

image.php

Free_Cat.gif.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom