• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

DrWong

Anecdotal evidence: if we go with Amazon Donkey Kong should sell very well (relative to the install base) in Germany: the game has been constantly charting in the top 100 since its last big trailer (weeks ago) and it was even the best Wii U seller during a few days, ranking better than the just released Mario Wii U (which is still in the top 20 since its release).

jmizzal

The sooner the better. The only notable release schedule is Donkey Kong and that does not look good. That it's the only game not the game itself. That looks great and I'm coming around to that and gotten over my issue with that being the game from Retro. Especially when there are at least a number of games listed for the PS4/PS3/360/XBO in the same time frame. Be they late ports or or new games.

I wasn't crazy about Mario Kart initially. Bad memories of the blue shells but I'm at a place where I don't care anymore. I know, at least for a time, I'll get more enjoyment then frustration out of the game. Hopefully they'll have address the issue with it. The game looks to good to pass up and I want a graphical showcase on the Wii U. I also want an online experience that I know will be healthy for weeks, months, and perhaps years to come.

It's partly why I want another Mario Strikers game and maybe even a Mario Baseball game since we aren't getting any other sports games. As long as they is at least a mode that somewhat resembles real world rules to go along with the craziness.

I'm just hoping that Nintendo will pull some games out of their hat that will release within two or three months. They're announcing and releasing games the same day now. They can at least swing that.

I hope after this investors meeting they layout the release schedule for up until E3, i'm tired of DKTF being the only game with a full date.

Oe player uses the tv the other uses the WiiU gamepad. Sounds great but seen there are problems with slow down compared to xbox 360 and ps 3 version...

Hyperbole, I have BOs 2 for Wii U and it is smooth. The slowdowns in SP are in the first 2 missions and are not game breaking, MP is silky smooth and I have tested local MP with the setup you are asking, plays great too.

On another note it was well played to have Wii Fit U in Jan due to new year/new goals/lose weight/blah blah. This time of the year is really slow for videogames and Nintendo can benefit from Wii Fit U, now lets see if the card plays well were it matters. Don't watch much TV, is this being marketed?

Riki

I hope after this investors meeting they layout the release schedule for up until E3, i'm tired of DKTF being the only game with a full date.
I don't know if Nintendo has a choice. They have to lay out something or investors could riot.

Hyperbole, I have BOs 2 for Wii U and it is smooth. The slowdowns in SP are in the first 2 missions and are not game breaking, MP is silky smooth and I have tested local MP with the setup you are asking, plays great too.

Thank you. This really does sound like a product I should get. Online never grabs me anyway.

Amazon order of asscreed america and blops 2 coming up soon.

Yes I know assassins of the carribean is better than asscreed america. I intend to play both eventually.

Thank you. This really does sound like a product I should get. Online never grabs me anyway.

Amazon order of asscreed america and blops 2 coming up soon.

Yes I know assassins of the carribean is better than asscreed america. I intend to play both eventually.

I want AC 4 too but I want most games digital, a sale to at least $40 would be great Ubi.

DrWong

Nintendo France just tweeted this.
twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/422775884396113920

Sorry on phone so I can't get the image.

They need to show it first!

Bd4AbTwIAAAk_oZ.jpg

L~A

Bd4AbTwIAAAk_oZ.jpg:large

That's guaranteed : the Year 2014 will go play on Wii U! [Yup, it does sound dumb even in the the original language :p]
On Wii U, you get : best exclusives, off-TV play, free online gaming, backward compatibility with games and accessories.

Watch_Dogs being the only 3rd party game on that list... not really surprising!

The lack of love for the upcoming Shin'en Wii U title is sad =(

Wat? We are all hyped for this, but the wait to see something concrete is getting tiresome.

This basically confirms Watch Dogs is not canned.

I can see Hyrule Warriors hitting in 2014 more than X. I think they are in crunch time at Monolith, but I think it will be moved to 2015. I am ok with that if it affects the quality of the title, take your time Monolith, make it a masterpiece (is that too much pressure :))

edit Mmmm, that order, I could see them coming like that. That is a freaking great lineup!!

jmizzal

Nintendo France just tweeted this.
twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/422775884396113920

Sorry on phone so I can't get the image.

They need to show it first!

meh they all will be delayed til 2016 you know Nintendo

/sarcasm

What does that say? And why did they just tweet that is something about to go down soon lol

Thats 5 of 6 my most wanted WiiU games from launch titles to announced titles

Liamc723

Have Nintendo said if Ocarina Of Time and Majoras Mask are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console or not? And if so, when?

Sendou

Have Nintendo said if Ocarina Of Time and Majoras Mask are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console or not? And if so, when?

No they haven't and I wouldn't expect them anytime soon either. You can always get them for Wii Shop Channel though. You do need a Wiimote + Classic Controller to play them.

jmizzal

Why dont you check out my post? :p

And what do you mean by "Why did they just tweet that is something about to go down soon"?

oh I missed your post lol, I mean just seems like random time too tweet about up coming games, I guess its starting the week off week some advertising.

I may be reading too much into it but could this list have the games in order of when they will come out.

DKCTF - Feb
Mario Kart 8 - March/April
Watch_Dogs - April/May/June
Bayo 2 - May/June
Smash Bros - Aug/Sept
Hyrule Warriors - Sept
X - Oct

edit
megabytecr is on it too

FrankCaron

Gold Member
oh I missed your post lol, I mean just seems like random time too tweet about up coming games, I guess its starting the week off week some advertising.

I may be reading too much into it but could this list have the games in order of when they will come out.

DKCTF
Mario Kart 8
Watch_Dogs
Bayo 2
Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors
X
The only thing working against that likely-close-to-true theory is that they said Hyrule Warriors was a summer title.

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Summer for Japan, but Summer ends in Sept, and if Nintendo is saving something else for Fall its still possible
Fair, though I can't imagine a non-global release for this given how little there'll likely be to the localization. But then again, September = summer, etc.

Edit: Actually, that's probably likely. I imagine X hits in the fall and then whatever they drop at E3 this year hits in the Winter ala Super Mario 3D World.

Anth0ny

Hyrule Warriors is Summer in Japan. We aren't getting Smash before Summer.

Unless Hyrule Warriors is coming to Europe in December... Because Smash is definitely coming in November!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I wonder what we could do with that hashtag #wiiu2014. Perhaps it'll be used to hype up something (Nintendo Direct/Strategic Renewal).

L~A

I don't think the order means anything, but that's just my guess. As for the hashtag... I dunno. Haven't seen a "permanent" hastag from them, except the #NintendoDirectEU one.

dearodie

They probably have a couple more (maybe smaller scoped) games up their sleeve too ... ergo NES remix came out of nowhere for example.
And, their might be some announcement coming around E3. I'm still hoping for a Metroid iterration soon ...

They probably have a couple more (maybe smaller scoped) games up their sleeve too ... ergo NES remix came out of nowhere for example.
And, their might be some announcement coming around E3. I'm still hoping for a Metroid iterration soon ...

Sure, I certainly hope so, they need 1 or 2 surprise games for E3. Which can come late in the year as SM3DW.

So the pic shared via twitter, Project Cars, 1 or 2 surprises, some 1st party e-shop titles in the vein of NES Remix, plus indie games, plus some gems I missed in 2013, more than enough for me.

Mlatador

Banned

Let's say this were the actual oder in which those games are released, then I'd say:

DKC:TF = True, it's gonna be Nintendo's first big 2014 title.
MK8 = Probably true, I bet my left arm this game is coming in April.

Now for the others, it could look like this:

Watch dogs = May
Bayonetta 2 = September
Smash = October
Hyrule Warriors = November
X = December

Yoshi's Yarn maybe June

It comes down to the severity of the bad game. Those two have had their heads called for many of time. However they never ruined the actual character/mascot of said franchise. I called on Miyamoto for Sticker Star but that is an spin off series. He's known for not wanting story in games but decided to mess around with an RPG. That shouldn't have happen and shouldn't happen again. That isn't the same thing though compared to what Sakamoto did to Samus as a character. The direction he took the game instead of following up with what was clearly popular at the time and what people were wanting and expecting just so it would appeal to Japan more. In turn it not selling there anyway and only served to upset the western fan base there was for the game.

Even though I agree he failed, at least Sakamoto had the BALLS to try and do something with his character, unlike Miyamoto or Aonuma.

What mainline Mario or Zelda game comes anywhere near being total garbage, as Other M was? Even Phantom Hourglass is significantly better than Other M.

Sorry, but Other M being "garbage" is hyperbole.

paolo11

Let's say this were the actual oder in which those games are released, then I'd say:

DKC:TF = True, it's gonna be Nintendo's first big 2014 title.
MK8 = Probably true, I bet my left arm this game is coming in April.

Now for the others, it could look like this:

Watch dogs = May
Bayonetta 2 = September
Smash = Oktober
Hyrule Warriors = November
X = December

Yoshi's Yarn maybe June

Everyday I see X as 2014, it puts a huge smile in my face.

Now I know I am sounding like a parrot but can we have confirmation for X as single player offline with online multi? Sorry for acting paranoid. No info on my awaited game kills me.

Mlatador

Banned

Now I know I am sounding like a parrot but can we have confirmation for X as single player offline with online multi? Sorry for acting paranoid. No info on my awaited game kills me.

Oh, I wish X ends up being a singer player experience first and foremost, too. I can see this game have some dark souls-esque features, though, but really hope it's not some sort of MMO.

paolo11

Oh, I wish X ends up being a singer player experience first and foremost, too. I can see this game have some dark souls-esque features, though, but really hope it's not some sort of MMO.

I would cry if it was. I mean, this is the JRPG I am looking for. I don't want to rely on my Internet to play that game.

Lack of single player campaign would severely deflate my hype, but I don't see much reason to speculate in that direction. I'm guessing it will be something like a cross between Xenoblade Chronicles' single player and Monster Hunter's online functions.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My bet

February DKC:TF
March-April MK8 and WD
May Bayo 2
June SSB4
August Hyrule Warriors
October X

November must be Animal Crossing Wii U.

paolo11

Lack of single player campaign would severely deflate my hype, but I don't see much reason to speculate in that direction. I'm guessing it will be something like a cross between Xenoblade Chronicles' single player and Monster Hunter's online functions.

The reason why I have my fears is because they show multiplayer first before any type of story teaser on their trailers. Plus, no info and this game is coming out this year. This game is like a dream come true to me (real time combat with mechs with beautiful visuals). It's too good to be true.

Just re watched the E3 trailer.

It shows for the most part, what seems like a SP component, just before the end you can see for a second several players numbered to the left, so I think it will have an online component but will be SP also.

Top Bottom