• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

the thing with darksiders 2 is that you are someones bitch the entire game. it's always "you want me to do this? ok do this first then I'll help you out."

the dungeons are uninspiring. too many times I've found myself going to different rooms completing those sections just to access the one huge door in the main room.

the things i did like though were the weapon system and bosses. but yeah, overall i have not been fond of this game

Yeah, I totally forgot about that. It was really quite irritating. I don't remember it very well, but I'm pretty sure there are times when you must collect three items, and in order to obtain the first, you must collect three more items. It does seem like a huge fetch quest the whole game. The loot and combat are the game's strongest points for sure.

RagnarokX

I impulsively bought Darksiders II when it was on sale for $20 many months ago. I never played Darksiders I, so I felt really disconnected from the game's lore. I normally like reading everything the game has to offer, but I just couldn't be interested enough in the story. I'm also not really a fan of "gritty" games.

However, I really like the loot and customization aspects. Combat is generally really fun as well, and that's what really drew me into buying the game. It's pretty fun to find bosses and to be able to collect their weapons and such. I don't find the dungeons to be anywhere near as compelling as Zelda dungeons, but they weren't too bad.
Darksiders 1's story isn't much or very good. I bought it cuz it was cheap and people keep comparing it to Zelda and while some of the levels and the item system were clearly inspired by Zelda I found the game to be a lot more repetitive and less intelligent with puzzle design. The brawling was also dull and took up too much game time. Otherwise decent game. Not the Zelda-killer people made it out to be by any stretch of the imagination but pretty good.

for the new page

Black Flag is a great game. I'm currently playing it on the WiiU. The graphics are really good and sometimes even amazing. The gameplay (specially the sailing) is solid. It has Off-tv gameplay, which works really good for this game, even though I mostly play it with the pro-controller. It is by far my must played game on the WiiU even though I have not finished it due to college. (been playing it for almost 3 months now)

It has some problems though. The frame rate drops far to often, and it can get really bad when it gets hectic. The gameplay can get really repetitive as well, and the combat is probably the weakest part of the game.

It is a solid 9/10 for me though, and I'm planning to not touch my copy of Second Son until I beat Black Flag. It is that enjoyable.

Effect

So Darksiders 2 has the same issues Darksiders 1 did. That's not making my decision any easier. I got rid of my used copy of the DS1 before finishing it because a number of things were annoying me. However I always felt that I might like DS2 better because it would focus on other things and the setting would be different. Doesn't seem like it would be to different. Another thing that is holding me back is that knowing even if I buy the game I'm buying an incomplete story as there isn't likely to be a sequel on any platform. I hate buying games where I know there will be no conclusion in the end. It's why I can't bring myself to buy Kingdom's of Amalur even though I should be able to get it really cheap on the PS3 or PC.

Hey guys! I'm about to finish up Arkham Origins and I'm loving it despite all the flaws and bugs. So I was hoping to get another single player heavy game on the Wii u.

So is ACIV: Black Flag worth it? I only played ACIII on the ps3 and I enjoyed it for a bit but at some point it got really repetitive. Didn't even end up finishing the game. So is ACIV any better? Cheers!

The sailing is mainly the huge "new" aspect of the game. Everything else are pretty much the same things you found in Assassin's Creed 3. That makes it a good game. I found AC3 to be really enjoyable as well. However it isn't some OMG amazing experience that makes AC3 garbage by comparison. That's the impression some people try to leave with others and I don't feel that's honest or right at all. They try to focus just on the sailing/pirating while ignoring everything else when talking about how much better the game is.

Now I'm thinking if I should go through with just rebuying these games and playing them again. Or just cave on Wonderful 101. My issue with that game is something different. I keep asking myself why I should spend money on a product when Nintendo as its owner doesn't treated as something worth spending money on. I don't feel they care about the game and that in turn makes me question why I should and why I should put money toward in the end.

So Darksiders 2 has the same issues Darksiders 1 did. That's not making my decision any easier. I got rid of my used copy of the DS1 before finishing it because a number of things were annoying me. However I always felt that I might like DS2 better because it would focus on other things and the setting would be different. Doesn't seem like it would be to different. Another thing that is holding me back is that knowing even if I buy the game I'm buying an incomplete story as there isn't likely to be a sequel on any platform. I hate buying games where I know there will be no conclusion in the end. It's why I can't bring myself to buy Kingdom's of Amalur even though I should be able to get it really cheap on the PS3 or PC.

The sailing is mainly the huge "new" aspect of the game. Everything else are pretty much the same things you found in Assassin's Creed 3. That makes it a good game. I found AC3 to be really enjoyable as well. However it isn't some OMG amazing experience that makes AC3 garbage by comparison. That's the impression some people try to leave with others and I don't feel that's honest or right at all. They try to focus just on the sailing/pirating while ignoring everything else when talking about how much better the game is.

Now I'm thinking if I should go through with just rebuying these games and playing them again. Or just cave on Wonderful 101. My issue with that game is something different. I keep asking myself why I should spend money on a product when Nintendo as its owner doesn't treated as something worth spending money on. I don't feel they care about the game and that in turn makes me question why I should and why I should put money toward in the end.

I don´t mean to be rude but you are over-thinking stuff, I know because it happens to me too. What I am doing now is just watching some Let´s Play even if it spoils it a little, but it gives me a perspective if I could enjoy a game or not. For the W101 I am not a big action gamer but I can appreciate a great game. I watched a bit and it has humor, story and frantic action, I think it is worth our time, definitely next game on my list.

I am also thinking about DarkSiders 2 but I will probably build a PC later so I will probably wait it out for PC.

My top games to pick up next are:
W101 really cheap now
Batman AC really cheap now
Splinter Cell really cheap now
Pikmin 3
Deus Ex

Next batch could be
Rayman Legends
NFSMWU
Batman AO
Lego Marvel
AC 4
CoD Ghosts
RE Revelation

X I think won't make it in 2014, but I will be buying that game. So far the only one I am planning to Day One is Smash Bros. It seems the 3DS has bigger releases than the Wii U does this year. However, E3 could change that since we know little to nothing about the releases past May.

Roo

What game could last me until Mario Kart 8 comes out? I have DKCTF, 3D World, NL and Pikmin 3 already. Preferably online multiplayer and cheap games.
Not sure if you already own it but Sonic All Stars racing transformed is a great game with tons of content. It has an small but healthy online community and it is a fun game since the moment you start playing it. One of the best games the Wii U has to offer so far.

Uplay site has Watch Dogs WiiU listed as Fall 2014, dont know if it is a place holder or if its the target date

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.275662300

Sounds about right to me, if it's even coming at all yet. They'll want to have something releasing fall on Wii U just because I get the feeling there won't be an Assassain's Creed game now that they've split into last gen and current gen versions and the Wii U doesn't fit comfortably power-wise into either of those groups. Plus, they'll be able to take advantage of whatever install base increase happens as a result of Mario Kart and probably Zelda Musou and Smash releasing, however large or small those gains are.

Sounds about right to me, if it's even coming at all yet. They'll want to have something releasing fall on Wii U just because I get the feeling there won't be an Assassain's Creed game now that they've split into last gen and current gen versions and the Wii U doesn't fit comfortably power-wise into either of those groups. Plus, they'll be able to take advantage of whatever install base increase happens as a result of Mario Kart and probably Zelda Musou and Smash releasing, however large or small those gains are.

Well, the Unity AC game is for One/PS4/PC, so...it has begun!:(

jmizzal

Just curious but is there anyone here who is dead-set on getting Watch_Dogs for Wii-U? Interested to see how many are interested for it.

I'm getting on WiiU, PC isnt powerful enough to run it right and i'm not buying a PS4 or Xbox One, i'm PC/WiiU

And you cant say everybody who wants it will already buy it, thats just not true a lot of people dont buy games day 1, look at the NPD how many months the same games are on the top 10 list every month and plus look at Tomb Raider on Xbox one and PS4 came out later at full price and a lot people still brought the game.

I just hope the WiiU version has all the DLC, WiiU features plus some exclusive WiiU content, if they are gonna sale it at full price.

jmizzal

Right you are my friend, even though I was referring to Ubi.

But why should they bother, when Nintendo has a whole 3 month gap between Donkey and their next release, Mario Kart....why bother, really?!

And what does Nintendo release in between those three months NES Volleyball on the VC Woohoo

I have no idea why Nintendo isnt using the time to release great VC games, since they have nothing coming out at retail

Okay is this site a joke site (like p4gaming)? Because they claim a rumor that Titanfall is Wii U bound by Bluepoint and will be announced at the end of the month:

http://couchjockeyz.com/titanfall-releasing-on-wii-u-alongside-xbox-360-version/

The game's published by EA and doesn't Microsoft have exclusive rights to the game for at least the first entry? That's two strikes against it. Not to mention it's coming out the same time as the 360 version (April 8th), who on Earth announces anything to come out a week or two after like that?

I just wanted a verification about the site, as I think I've heard of it, but I don't know its reliability if any. I'm calling 100% bull, so at least it's good for a laugh.

Okay is this site a joke site (like p4gaming)? Because they claim a rumor that Titanfall is Wii U bound by Bluepoint and will be announced at the end of the month:

http://couchjockeyz.com/titanfall-releasing-on-wii-u-alongside-xbox-360-version/

The game's published by EA and doesn't Microsoft have exclusive rights to the game for at least the first entry? That's two strikes against it. Not to mention it's coming out the same time as the 360 version (April 8th), who on Earth announces anything to come out a week or two after like that?

I just wanted a verification about the site, as I think I've heard of it, but I don't know its reliability if any. I'm calling 100% bull, so at least it's good for a laugh.
thats just stupidity

If it happened though it would be hilarious

tebunker

Banned

I am gonna go on a limb here and say this is about as close to a garbage site as possible

Taker666

Obviously utter bull...I wouldn't have even posted it to be honest as its so obviously made up.

EA won't even release a legacy edition of FIFA on Wii U (which I doubt would even cost more than 10k to do)....so they certainly won't support more expensive ports.

Obviously utter bull...I wouldn't have even posted it to be honest as its so obviously made up.

EA won't even release a legacy edition of FIFA on Wii U (which I doubt would even cost more than 10k to do)....so they certainly won't support more expensive ports.

True, I do feel silly for bringing it up in the first place.

L~A

There's a Zelda game other than Hyrule Warriors coming?

Yup, next mainline Zelda, but we still know nothing about it other than "We want to challenge the Zelda conventions". Aonuma promised a teaser months ago, but still nothing. He did say they'd talk about the game at E3, though.

Roo

Just curious but is there anyone here who is dead-set on getting Watch_Dogs for Wii-U? Interested to see how many are interested for it.

Not gonna lie, I was very interested in the game before all the delays and downgrades and all that stuff. Now, I'm not sure if I'll even bother to get it.
Ubisoft has been an amazing Wii U supporter, they have been doing what other don't and that's great but I'm firmly against late ports. Specially with games like this one.

If anything, I'll get it for PC when it's cheap.

prag16

Banned
I am but depending on how it runs and looks and most important what the gamepad does.

I cancelled my preorder. If it runs decently and uses the gamepad decently, I'll get the Wii U version at some point for under $30. If it doesn't run decently and/or doesn't use the gamepad decently, I'll either pick up the PC version down the line extreme bargain basement, or skip it altogether.

Actually, Hover makes me think of what a modern Jumping Flash game might be like.

Some serious Mirror's Edge vibes too.

Riki

X I think won't make it in 2014, but I will be buying that game. So far the only one I am planning to Day One is Smash Bros. It seems the 3DS has bigger releases than the Wii U does this year. However, E3 could change that since we know little to nothing about the releases past May.

X will make it to 2014 for most of the world, at the very least (Europe might be delayed if they try to do multiple voice tracks).
Development seems to be progressing very well and is nearing the end of production already. It's really just a matter of how well translation is going.

RiggyRob

X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem are the only things I'm thing hoping for in 2014.

My girlfriend's a massive Zelda fan, so I'll end up getting Hyrule Warriors when it comes out.

Mlatador

Banned
Uplay site has Watch Dogs WiiU listed as Fall 2014, dont know if it is a place holder or if its the target date
[/url]

Makes sense to release the game a couple of month after Mario Kart 8 came out, so it could very well be true.

I have no hype for this game anymore. Everything I've seen in trailers looks fucking terrible. The game has gone from "next gen gameplay/athmosphere" to "me too/industry standard fare/
trash
".

RiggyRob

I am!

If it ever comes out, I'm going to get the Vigilante Edition with the cap and scarf, mainly because I don't need another model in my life and having Watch_Dogs for Wii U is something I'm willing to support because of the Gamepad gameplay
and because nothing else will support it.

Regiruler

Too lazy to read through the paragraphs but if anyone is on the fence about Darksiders II, get it. Really solid Action RPG (I think it's more RPG then zelda is anyway, it's very much so on the fine line).

I really want Nintendo to go B-tier crazy this year.

-Mario Strikers
-Battalion Wars
-1080/Waverace
-Nintendo Sports
-F Zero
-Sin and Punishment
-Chibi Robo

I get that these aren't the main reason people buy Nintendo hardware, but their lesser-known IPs are probably my favorite games they produce.

jmizzal

-Mario Strikers
-Battalion Wars
-1080/Waverace
-Nintendo Sports
-F Zero
-Sin and Punishment
-Chibi Robo

I get that these aren't the main reason people buy Nintendo hardware, but their lesser-known IPs are probably my favorite games they produce.

Those would be great even as eShop only games

Mlatador

Banned

-Mario Strikers
-Battalion Wars
-1080/Waverace
-Nintendo Sports

-F Zero
-Sin and Punishment

-Chibi Robo

Yes please, especially the bolded ones!

Battalons Wars 3 needs to happen. We need more 3rd Person IR pointer shooters!! Gamepad could be implemented nicely, too!

I wouldn't be shocked about a Mario Strikers U announcment at this years E3, since the world cup isn't far away, and that would be a good opportunity to have a "Mario Soccer" game out.

I wouldn't be shocked about a Mario Strikers U announcment at this years E3, since the world cup isn't far away, and that would be a good opportunity to have a "Mario Soccer" game out.

I'd hope they'd announce it before then unless it's an eShop only release, which I doubt - the World Cup starts just as E3 ends.

X will make it to 2014 for most of the world, at the very least (Europe might be delayed if they try to do multiple voice tracks).
Development seems to be progressing very well and is nearing the end of production already. It's really just a matter of how well translation is going.

It had a 2014 date for Japan in the last Nintendo direct but no date for the rest of the world, so that's why people think it's a 2015 game. As you said, it's probably down to localization since it looks like such a big game. A lack of 2015 titles could also cause it to get delayed. I'm sure they want it to come out everywhere in 2014, however; it would be a great secondary title to whatever the main event is in the fall.

Ideally, it would be Smash, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, X, and something else for the fall/holiday, but I'm prepared for the worst case scenario in which everything announced at E3 is for late 2015, X is delayed, Hyrule Warriors comes out in September, Bayonetta comes out in October, and Smash comes out in November.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I have no idea what fonts Smoker uses for the labels, but here's an initial attempt for a One Piece image for the OP.

One Piece Unlimited World Red
DHmLTZ7.png

I bought a Wii U today and I am absolutely loving it. I bought The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD limited edition bundle with Super Mario 3D World, Tekken Tag 2, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I think I may buy a few games on eShop, but I am not sure what (since I own a lot of the games on eShop through Steam).

Top Bottom