• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Shikamaru Ninja said:
There is an interview where you can find that Wii Cooking existed. Straight from the producers mouth who showed you the teaser as well last TGS during the Wii video that also showed Wii Sports and Wii Music for the first time.

i could have sworn i saw wii cooking in the japanese vid yesterday or maybe i am going blind?

Mojojo

it's the Wii version of cooking mama...But I'd like to see a Nintendo 's take on a cooking game, with super realistic graphics, and compatible with the DS cooking navi..

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nexus Zero said:
In the old days, white people would sometimes physically attack black people for being black. So I guess if it's just verbal abuse, it's hardly the end of the world.

Ah, the internet.

Home of badly used metaphors!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Konno: We have this game with a big wok that you use to cook Chinese food, and it's really interesting to have the meat and vegetables frying in there, and use the controller to flip the food around without it spilling out of the pan.

EAD Development Group No. 1 Producer Hideki Konno confirming his cooking game. For the win. Thanks.

But I this game was mentioned way before Cooking Mama was even announced for DS. Maybe Konno changed his mind after. But i don't think his group has announced any new Wii or DS projects for certainty yet.

The Experiment said:
I seem to recall Miyamoto proclaiming how cheap the Wii controller is.
What in the shit? Miyamoto never said anything of the sort. I remember Nintendo saying how the Wii was an investment or something expensive. There was some confusion about what they said, some people thought expensive as in expensive to develop, or expensive to produce. Now we know the latter is the case.

Boerseun

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Poor Africa

Down here in South Africa, Nintendo's products are handled by a subsidiary of Panasonic/Matsushita known as Futronic. While a local movie distribution company handles Sony's gaming stuff.

To make a long story short, Futronic is much despised by local Nintendo fans for their handling of the product. They've messed up badly with the Gamecube and DS and most are expecting the same to happen with Wii.

To put their failure into perspective - locally Sony's consoles have achieved the kind of success not seen since the Famiclone days of the late 80s to early 90s when the local market was flooded with cheap, grey market NES knockoffs and it seemed as if everyone owned a games console. Today 95% of gamers around here have never even seen a Gamecube or Xbox, much less experienced these platforms for themselves.

Then again, we're talking about gaming, and I'm looking out the window next to my desk at half a dozen street kiddies huddling up for the night in the car park across the street (right next to a very busy liquor store . . . it's Friday you see).

Poor Africa indeed . . .

dock

Considering the Wii is region free (kinda), I wonder whether the Gamecube compatibility will be region free too. That would be awesome.

SantaC

7editeurs20060915_152501_24_big.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fire Emblem will make me buy a Wii no doubt about it, I like how Nintendo it's spreading their blockbuster titles. looks like no post-launch drought there folks.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It was never a game, only a tech demo

What the feck are you talking about. That's nonsense. Every game is a tech demo. EAD doesn't develop graphical demos to demonstrate hardware. They develop game concepts.

Nintendo showed all their game concepts during that TGS trailer from Wii Music to Wii Sports to Mario to Zelda.

anglon

anyone know when wii will be available for preorder?
you can buy it on amazon right now...but what about the rest...like gamespot eb or toys r us?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
After seeing the Miis does anyone else think Animal Crossing might become Wii Crossing or Mii Crossing or something like that? I kinda think it'll happen.

Imagine a town populated with randomly generated Miis or your friend's Miis, etc. Could be pretty cool. I hope they allow for more customization options down the line (hats and other types of clothing). I loved the customization stuff in Virtua Figher and Tekken. Maybe you could unlock an item in the game and import it into Wii Sports, Wii Party, etc.

I've never really liked AC but more interaction with friends would probably go a long way towards changing my opinion of it. Is the DS version online? How does it work? Do you have to explicity visit someone else's town? It'd be pretty cool if your Miis could wonder off to your friends town while your system was in standby (using Wii Connect 24). That way when you come back you might have a new item or something.

Error2k4 said:
Fire Emblem will make me buy a Wii no doubt about it, I like how Nintendo it's spreading their blockbuster titles. looks like no post-launch drought there folks.

QFT.

Goddess of Dawn sounds generic, tho'.

effzee

i still cant get over how nintendo thinks its best for them to release after ps3. it better be a feasibility issue cause releasing it in the US after ps3 is crazy.

effzee said:
i still cant get over how nintendo thinks its best for them to release after ps3. it better be a feasibility issue cause releasing it in the US after ps3 is crazy.

Isnt PS3 launching with only like 400k units?

effzee said:

Sony has only 400.000 units at launch and these unites will be sold in the first 2-3 hours. Then nothing more for some weeks, so if someone go to the shop and ask:
-"where is the PS3 ?"
-"Sorry, we will have no PS3 for some week, we don't know when we will have stock."
-(he thinks for some minutes)
-"Wii costs a lot less and is available. And there is Zelda too. I get a Wii."

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
effzee said:

I think they're doing this to steal the Ps3's thunder, basically. Once the Ps3 is sold out after the first day, the Wii will be on the publics' mind for the rest of the holiday season.

effzee said:

400 units at luunch

think of it this way. All nintendo fan will by wii at lunch guranting at least all inital shipment are sold out. so first day wii 1million sale. ps3 will also be sold out 400k. but we all know sony isn't going to have shipments eveyweek. this is were nintendo comes in. the week after lunch is thankgiving aka black friday. biggest sales day of the year, while sony will be struggling to put units on the shelves. nintendo will have a goo 200k waiting for eager christmas shoppers. trus tme parents will eat this up, once the find otu about Wii sport and the can actually paly a videogame wiht their kids and may actually be better than them. a good stregey sony has gifted nintendo with.

duderon said:
I think they're doing this to steal the Ps3's thunder, basically. Once the Ps3 is sold out after the first day, the Wii will be on the publics' mind for the rest of the holiday season.

smart man

fresquito

eurogamer said:
Nintendo UK has confirmed the pricing for Wii points - the magical currency that will buy you Virtual Console games through Wii's shopping channel.

In Europe, it turns out, 2000 Wii points will cost you EUR 20 or GBP 14, and you can expect to be able to buy them on cards through retailers, and using your credit card online.

Games will cost the same amount of points worldwide - 500 points for NES games, 800 points for Super Nintendo games, and 1000 for Nintendo 64 - and apparently other titles (SEGA, TurboGrafx) will be decided soon.
Advertisement

However the cost of the cards will vary. In the US, 2000 Wii points will cost US$ 20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67671

Do taxes apply to online downloads? Are we getting shafted on principle alone?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Probably mentioned, but Gametrailers.com is carrying a Zelda vid on the main page and in the background you can hear X-play's Adam Sessler trying and failing to spit out two sentences about the latest Wii news. A little off topic, but still pretty funny stuff.

urk said:
Probably mentioned, but Gametrailers.com is carrying a Zelda vid on the main page and in the background you can hear X-play's Adam Sessler trying and failing to spit out two sentences about the latest Wii news. A little off topic, but still pretty funny stuff.

Thx

Top Bottom