• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

SumGamer

king zell said:
'Wii the head private school (temporary subject)'
photo-20060914-061438-0-e7cd6fe0f56a97ee51d8ac55aa915338.jpg

What's that suppose to mean?

JSR

omg rite said:
don't mind him. JSR just can't read.
Yes I can. *points down* :p

Seattle PI article said:
Nintendo intends to announce today that every Wii will come with a game compilation called Wii Sports -- including tennis, golf, baseball and bowling -- meant to show off the machine's intuitive controls. (Most consoles, including Nintendo's GameCube, do not come with games included.)
At this point, I'm guessing that the Seattle PI just didn't list all the Wii Sports games. But if not, that sucks...

the prices for the nes/snes/n64 games are great, too bad the system is priced out of my range at $250, considering VC is really what i mainly want it for.

ant1532 said:
価格、発売日の発表のあとはソフトのプレゼンテーション。ゲストにプロテニスプレイヤー、杉山愛と、国民的美少女コンテスト優勝者、林丹丹を迎え、『Wiiスポーツ』のテニスと『Wiiやわらかあたま塾(仮題)』で対戦した。テニスは激戦の末に、宮本氏が杉山愛を下した。「明らかに練習不足(笑)」と杉山愛は苦笑。

A lot of Cuztimization it looks like
Please say that there is face mapping!

MasterMFauli said:
How?
Besides the late launch-date, everything is fine.
Wii for 250$ with WiiSports?
Count wiiSports as a 30$-game, then Wii costs around 220$, that´s not a bad price.

No Zelda date confirmation for US.
No Wii pack in game maybe
No two controllers maybe
No pack in game for US maybe even if it is Wii sports
$250 maybe for Us.
Nov 19 Late-ish Launch

I know all of this will be resolved and answered shortly for US but so far this ain't exactly happiness.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Alts said:
メリークリスマス
12/2 in Japan is odd

$250 dollars is far too close to the 360 price. I can't believe I bought into that $170 price at one point.

This is the same day the DS released in japan.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
king zell said:
After it is announcement of price and sale day, the presentation of the software. The professional tennis prayer, Sugiyama love and the national beauty girl contest champion, it received the forest red lead red lead in the guest, 'the tennis of Wii sport' and 'Wii the head private school (temporary subject)' with opposed softly. The tennis on end of the fierce battle, Miyamoto lowered Sugiyama love. As for “clearly practice insufficient (laughing)” with Sugiyama love wry smile.

Sounds like Shiggy got a blow-job for winning.

ziran

Jonnyram said:
Nintendo launch titles:
WiiSports 4800
Odoru! Made in Wario 5800 (Odoru = dance)
Zelda 6800
Pokemon: Battle Revolution
AWESOME!!! :D

smart move to have pokémon battle revolution at launch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Greenpanda said:
wait, people actually think the boxing game will be available in the US?

'cause .... uh, no.

why the hell wouldnt it be?

make sense, please. it's never been said that we won't get the boxing game. and "including" doesn't always mean "all", JSR.

Zeenbor

sp0rsk said:
This is the same day the DS released in japan.

Interesting... They're literally trying to replicate the DS's success, even to pay homage to its success by releasing the Wii on the same date.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Duderz said:
Pokemon for launch? That's surprising.

How is that surprising? Didn't Iwata say that it would be coming out at the end of the year when it was originally unveiled? Well, since the Wii is launching near the end of the year in Japan...

cvxfreak

Pokemon Battle Revolution will be an online game, and Diamond and Pearl will be fresh in people's minds, still. Plus it's rumored to have an RPG mode in it of some sort (at least that's what I heard months ago). It should be a fairly significant seller.

Don't underestimate Made in Wario, either.

I always found it funny that nintendo probably has designed the best old school controller ever (basically a SNES pad with dual analog sticks) and it has to be bought seperately. It is probably the sweetest looking gaming creation ever.

Hopefully a third party somewhere creates a similar controller for the PS3 and 360.

Overall I would say the announcements are pretty flat. Nothing really exciting and nothing bone headed or shocking like with Sony's recent announcements. Still kinda disappointing as I was wanting to see something to get me excited about Wii.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
duderon said:
Don't get your hopes up for a lower price point then Japan. As cvxfreak has stated multiple times, it looks like Nintendo's following the DS strategy and that means North America takes one for the team pricewise.
Except the DS is now cheaper in the US than it is in Japan. They priced the DS more in the US because the GBA was more popular in the US. Things have changed and you can't make any comparisons.

The assumptions in this thread are crazy. The Japanese launch date will be after the US and Europe launch because their holiday-shopping scheduale is different. You can't us the japanese price to confirm the accuracy of the NYT article when the bundles were different, and you sure as hell can't combine the two for massive damage. How does nearly everyone complain about that publishers need to spread there releases out through the whole year and then some people complain that 60 VC game at launch and 10 every month isn't enough?

Amir0x said:
guys it's Pokemon on a console, not a handheld.

Yeah, but you must think that Pokémon Diamond/Pearl will storm Japan shortly: the effect on Nintendo DS will be so BIG, that a Pokémon on Wii at almost the same time is not a bad idea.

Top Bottom