• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

ant1532

Banned
Translate!
Wiiのロンチタイトルも発表になった。本体と同時に10社から16タイトルが発売に。ラインアップには『ゼルダ(THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: Twilight Princess)』や『Wiiスポーツ』なども含まれる。なお『ゼルダ』は、税込みで6800円。ソフトの価格帯は、4800円~6800円になる見込み。

sangreal

Terrell said:
Why shouldn't it be?

NES, SNES, N64 and GCN weren't priced by dividing the yen by 100, as they shouldn't be since product pricing in Japan pre-includes tax.

time will tell, but companies almost never use actual conversion rates when determining global pricing

Rlan said:
Selling nunchuck and Wiimote seperately? What the hell?

[Though there probably will be a full controller too with both, those being in case one gets broken?]

No controller will be safe once I start swinging the cows!

PkunkFury

so NOA decide to bundle WiiSports on there own? Interesting...

did they want a higher price to appear more competitive?

Do they feel they need people to own it for word of mouth?

Do they just want a simple excuse for a price drop after XMas? (remove the game and drop 50 bucks)

at any rate, considering the price of the controllers I doubt a second wiimote is bundled in NA, and if it is the nunchuck will be left out since it is sold seperate (bad move)

neo2046

Wiiスポーツは、野球、テニス、ゴルフ、ボーリング、そしてボクシングの5本セットで4800円。
Wii Sport
- Baseball
- Tennis
- Golf
- Bowling
- Boxing
4800 yen

SOLD !! :D

Bog

Junior Ace
"Gimme that Wii!"

mightycloudspic2.jpg

ant1532

Banned
GameWatch said:
 任天堂株式会社は、新型ゲーム機「Wii」を12月2日に発売すると発表した。価格は25,000円。

Wiiは、同社が2001年9月に発売したニンテンドーゲームキューブに続く、据え置き型のゲーム機。モーションセンサーやポインタなどを搭載した棒状のコントローラ「Wiiリモコン」を採用しているのが特徴。GC用のソフトも動作するほか、ファミリーコンピュータやスーパーファミコンなどのタイトルをインターネット配信する「バーチャルコンソール」や、低消費電力のスリープ状態で受動的に通信を行なう「Wii Connect 24」など、ユニークな機能を搭載する。

同社は現在、「Wii Preview」と題した発表会を実施している。こちらの詳細は追ってお伝えする。
???

neo2046 said:
Wii Sport
- Baseball
- Tennis
- Golf
- Bowling
- Boxing
4800 yen

Boxing? :p

neo2046 said:
Wii Sport
- Baseball
- Tennis
- Golf
- Bowling
- Boxing
4800 yen

Perfect.

JSR

So wait, the Japanese version of Wii Sports includes boxing, but the US one doesn't? If the Seattle PI article is right, America doesn't get boxing. :(

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Zelda is hitting in Japan with the Wii...

But Nintendo SUCKS at localization (time - wise, the quality is always AAA)...

If they are finishing Zelda for their launch, maybe we have to wait for it to be translated into English? Hopefully not too long!

I want Zelda at US launch damn it!!!!!!!!!!

king zell said:
As for Wii sport, with 5 these sets of baseball, tennis, golf, boring, and boxing 4800 Yen.

!!
Hell ya! Now just gush about the face mapping technology! Boxing will own...low blows all day.

Juice

I don't think I've sufficiently overreacted enough yet:

THAT'S IT GAF, THESE HANDS WILL NEVER TOUCH A GAME CONTROLLER EVER AGAIN

EXCEPT MAYBE TO THROW AWAY ALL MY CURRENT GAME CONTROLLERS.

I'M DONE.

Okay, I feel way better now.

castle007

Banned
JSR said:
So wait, the Japanese version of Wii Sports includes boxing, but the US one doesn't? If the Seattle PI article is right, America doesn't get boxing. :(

why would Japan get boxing, and not us?? That doesn't make any sense.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2:09 a.m. EST [update 11]: Gemaga reports 3,800 yen cost for the remote, 1800 yen for the classic controller, and 1800 yen for the nunchuck attachment.

cvxfreak

Boxing?

I'm gonna be in Vegas the day of the US launch because of boxing. :D This is gonna be a fun game to get after the fight.

IceIpor

Cheesemeister said:
本体同時発売 = On sale at the same time as the console

Just speculation, but that would leave about 12 days between NA's console launch and JPN's console launch.

If this is the case, then couldn't it be possible that they are focusing on mass-producing Zelda in English first, and therefore have it ready to be launched alongside the Wii?

Of course, it could be possible that Zelda for NA will be delayed until after the Japanese launch... but at least this way you guys can have some hope?

ant1532 said:
Translate!
Wiiのロンチタイトルも発表になった。本体と同時に10社から16タイトルが発売に。ラインアップには『ゼルダ(THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: Twilight Princess)』や『Wiiスポーツ』なども含まれる。なお『ゼルダ』は、税込みで6800円。ソフトの価格帯は、4800円~6800円になる見込み。

The Wii launch titles were announced. Upon launch, there will be 16 titles from 10 publishers. The lineup will include Zelda and Wii Sports. Zelda will be priced at 6800 yen. Other games will range from 4800 to 6800 yen.

Top Bottom