• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

ant1532

Banned
JoDark said:
Zelda is hitting in Japan with the Wii...

But Nintendo SUCKS at localization (time - wise, the quality is always AAA)...

If they are finishing Zelda for their launch, maybe we have to wait for it to be translated into English? Hopefully not too long!

I want Zelda at US launch damn it!!!!!!!!!!
No, the team working on translating it is working very very close with Eiji Aonuma(cant spell)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2:13 a.m. EST [update 12]: Famitsu reports 16 titles from ten publishers at launch. Cost of games: 4,800 yen to 6,800 yen. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will cost 6,800 yen.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
those 16 titles... does that include Nintendos?

Thats lower the then 25 originally promised.

Dracos

Jesus why not sell the controller parts separately? You should be able to replace just the broken part with another not be forced to buy the whole thing again.

Duderz said:
I was afraid of that. Oh well.

Wave Race better be with it!

I agree...although I've seen them listed separately already (ebgames.com, I think). Wii Motor Sports Airplane, Wii Motor Sports Jet Ski...probably a mistake.

ziran

neo2046 said:
Wiiスポーツは、野球、テニス、ゴルフ、ボーリング、そしてボクシングの5本セットで4800円。
Wii Sport
- Baseball
- Tennis
- Golf
- Bowling
- Boxing
4800 yen

SOLD !! :D
awesome!!! :D

gonna be a fantastic package! can't wait to play it :)

artist

Banned
Everybody is happy now that WiiSports includes Boxing until ...................... the screenshots are posted. :lol

kojacker

ethelred said:
Aside from the VC stuff, there's no reason to be satisfied with this news.
Are you shltting us? You can check the weather! There's a fudding weather channel!

You want the moon on a stick.

John Harker said:
those 16 titles... does that include Nintendos?

Thats lower the then 25 originally promised.
That's probably because most of the Western games (ie. Ubisoft's 7-8) won't be launching in Japan. We'll probably get 25-ish.

mj1108

Dracos said:
Jesus why not sell the controller parts separately? You should be able to replace just the broken part with another not be forced to buy the whole thing again.

They are selling them seperately.

Doogdogg

king zell said:
photo-20060914-060345-0-2309547539d84debdd3aadce928f738d.jpg
115821379400.jpg

the kenji is the same = both launch titles!?! :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wish people would stop damage controlling in this thread.

Anyway, boxing is a big omg yes. The japanese price is totally doable, the nunchaku not coming with the wiimote is kind of a bummer though.

ManaByte

JoDark said:
Zelda is hitting in Japan with the Wii...

But Nintendo SUCKS at localization (time - wise, the quality is always AAA)...

If they are finishing Zelda for their launch, maybe we have to wait for it to be translated into English? Hopefully not too long!

I want Zelda at US launch damn it!!!!!!!!!!

What the **** are you talking about?

Ocarina of Time was released in the US and Japan within TWO ****ING DAYS of each other.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2:16 a.m. EST [update 13]: Gemaga reports Wii Sports will not be a pack-in game, but will cost 4,800 yen and include five sports games.

Zerodoppler said:
It gets worse and worse. Negaton, indeed. :(

How?
Besides the late launch-date, everything is fine.
Wii for 250$ with WiiSports?
Count wiiSports as a 30$-game, then Wii costs around 220$, that´s not a bad price.

king zell

After it is announcement of price and sale day, the presentation of the software. The professional tennis prayer, Sugiyama love and the national beauty girl contest champion, it received the forest red lead red lead in the guest, 'the tennis of Wii sport' and 'Wii the head private school (temporary subject)' with opposed softly. The tennis on end of the fierce battle, Miyamoto lowered Sugiyama love. As for “clearly practice insufficient (laughing)” with Sugiyama love wry smile.

photo-20060914-061438-0-e7cd6fe0f56a97ee51d8ac55aa915338.jpg

Seriously, the US gets the Wii and 5 games (including the spiritual successor to Punch Out) for $249. If you think this is a ripoff, you clearly are a terrorist.

Enron

Banned
castle007 said:
Ok nintendo WTF is wrong with you???

No second controller??

I hope the price difference is because there is going to be a 2nd controller in the US one.

Bwahahahahaha. I guess I am a bad person. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Take that, fanboys.

This night of bad Wiinews makes me all tingly.

WIIPWND.

ant1532

Banned
価格、発売日の発表のあとはソフトのプレゼンテーション。ゲストにプロテニスプレイヤー、杉山愛と、国民的美少女コンテスト優勝者、林丹丹を迎え、『Wiiスポーツ』のテニスと『Wiiやわらかあたま塾(仮題)』で対戦した。テニスは激戦の末に、宮本氏が杉山愛を下した。「明らかに練習不足(笑)」と杉山愛は苦笑。

A lot of Cuztimization it looks like

irfan said:
Everybody is happy now that WiiSports includes Boxing until ...................... the screenshots are posted. :lol
Thats gonna be the best part! Its gonna be more like a bitch slap contest! :D

Game Watch said:
任天堂株式会社は、新型ゲーム機「Wii」を12月2日に発売すると発表した。価格は25,000円。

Wiiは、同社が2001年9月に発売したニンテンドーゲームキューブに続く、据え置き型のゲーム機。モーションセンサーやポインタなどを搭載した棒状のコントローラ「Wiiリモコン」を採用しているのが特徴。GC用のソフトも動作するほか、ファミリーコンピュータやスーパーファミコンなどのタイトルをインターネッ ト配信する「バーチャルコンソール」や、低消費電力のスリープ状態で受動的に通信を行なう「Wii Connect 24」など、ユニークな機能を搭載する。

同社は現在、「Wii Preview」と題した発表会を実施している。こちらの詳細は追ってお伝えする。

NCL announced that the Wii will launch on 12/2 at a price of 25,000 yen.

The Wii is the successor of the Nintendo GameCube. It includes a motion sensor and a pointer in its controller, the Wii remote control. It plays GameCube games, and will be able to download old games from the Famicom, Super Famicom, and other systems through its Virtual Console. With its power on in sleep mode, the system will connect to Wii Connect 24 to perform unique functions.

This was announced at the company's event called "Wii Preview." Click here for further details.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Cool. Its been an hour - is it over?

All in all... I'd say good show. No major dissapointments, nothing really shocking (besides late release date kind of sucks).

Everything was about on par though. Glad all people with
reasonable
expectations will be satisfied.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ant1532 said:
価格、発売日の発表のあとはソフトのプレゼンテーション。ゲストにプロテニスプレイヤー、杉山愛と、国民的美少女コンテスト優勝者、林丹丹を迎え、『Wiiスポーツ』のテニスと『Wiiやわらかあたま塾(仮題)』で対戦した。テニスは激戦の末に、宮本氏が杉山愛を下した。「明らかに練習不足(笑)」と杉山愛は苦笑。

A lot of Cuztimization it looks like

That says a wii version of yawaraka brain training (aka the one everyone liked)

Sad_Panda

king zell said:
After it is announcement of price and sale day, the presentation of the software. The professional tennis prayer, Sugiyama love and the national beauty girl contest champion, it received the forest red lead red lead in the guest, 'the tennis of Wii sport' and 'Wii the head private school (temporary subject)' with opposed softly. The tennis on end of the fierce battle, Miyamoto lowered Sugiyama love. As for “clearly practice insufficient (laughing)” with Sugiyama love wry smile.

Babelfish translations are awesome.

Alts

メリークリスマス
12/2 in Japan is odd

$250 dollars is far too close to the 360 price. I can't believe I bought into that $170 price at one point.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Nintendo launch titles:
WiiSports 4800
Odoru! Made in Wario 5800 (Odoru = dance)
Zelda 6800
Pokemon: Battle Revolution

Pokemon for launch? Wow. That'll be a hot seller for sure.

Top Bottom