• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

h-103_60130_wiimenu.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_dick.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_shashin.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_shashin2.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_otenki.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_edit.jpg.jpg

h-103_60130_nigaoe.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/09/14/103,1158233692,60130,0,0.html

chase

A bit too many mini-game games for my liking. And I'm even interested in some of them, to go along with the 'real' games. I'll withhold final judgement until we get more than a preview video.

Price is a bit disappointing too. So is Nintendo making $70 on every console sold or something? Charging $5 for a NES game seems a bit of a ripoff, too.

Interface is incredible. Really surprised that it's from Nintendo.

Overall, not enough bad news to put me off getting it at all. Hopefully focus in the US conference will be more on the 'real' games.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
In a surprise announcement, Nintendo said that it wanted to make Wii a living room centerpiece by shipping the system with features outside of the videogame realm.
But yet not include dvd playback?

NSider

GitarooMan said:
I wonder if they'll pull the old $5 = 4000 points but only sell points in 5000/10000 intervals ala Microsoft.

Iwata mentioned that each point = 1 yen in Japan. Dunno about the US though.

Peru

Wii Boxing is one of the most natural implementations of the controller. Two hands, box, block, all logical movements. Yeah, it looks like hella fun two-player.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
NSider said:
Iwata mentioned that each point = 1 yen in Japan. Dunno about the US though.

Well, assuming they have "point cards" that you can buy, it's likely retailers would occasionally be discounting or bundling them, so I think that could work to everyone's advantage.

Tchu-Espresso

Peru said:
Wii Boxing is one of the most natural implementations of the controller. Two hands, box, block, all logical movements. Yeah, it looks like hella fun two-player.
Can you actually move your fighter though? Or is it gimped like wii tennis?

Zalasta

Is it a fact or are people just assuming that all the functionalities we've been shown so far will be ready to be used right out of the box, without having to pay anything extra?

NSider

Zalasta said:
Is it a fact or are people just assuming that all the functionalities we've been shown so far will be ready to be used right out of the box, without having to pay anything extra?

Fact. Except for Virtual Console games of course.

Sunski

chase said:
A bit too many mini-game games for my liking. And I'm even interested in some of them, to go along with the 'real' games. I'll withhold final judgement until we get more than a preview video.

Price is a bit disappointing too. So is Nintendo making $70 on every console sold or something? Charging $5 for a NES game seems a bit of a ripoff, too.

Interface is incredible. Really surprised that it's from Nintendo.

Overall, not enough bad news to put me off getting it at all. Hopefully focus in the US conference will be more on the 'real' games.

Wii Sports - SPORTS
Forever Blue - DIVING SIM
Mario Strikers Charged SOCCER
ExciteTruck RACING
Dragon Quest Swords FIRST PERSON DUNGEON CRAWLER
Samurai Warriors Wave FIRST PERSON SAMURAI
Red Steel FPS
Fire Emblem RPG
Super Swing Golf Pangya GOLF
Super Mario Galaxy SUPER PLATFORMER
Necro-Nesia SURVIVAL HORROR
Trauma Center: Second Opinion SURGERY SIM
Sonic and the Secret Rings PLATFORMER
Wing Island FLIGHT SIM
Pokemon Battle Revolution RPG/BATTLE
Bleach Wii FIGHTER
One Piece Unlimited Adventure PLATFORMER
Dragon Ball Z Sparking NEO FIGHTER
SD Gundam Revolution SHOOTER?
Crayon Shin-Chan: Saikyou Kazoku Scavenging Ui PARTY?
Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou PARTY
Wii Party PARTY
Elebits HIDE AND SEEK
Rayman Raving Rabbids ACTION
Super Monkey Ball PUZZLE
Tsuri Master FISHING
Ennichi no Tatsujin PARTY
Furi Furi PARTY
Harvest Moon Wii LIFE SIM
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ADVENTURE
Kororinpa PUZZLE
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption FPA
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves PARTY
Battalion Wars II ACTION RTS
Bomberman Land PARTY
The Dog Island PET SIM
Wii Music MUSIC SIM/PARTY
Wii Big Brain Academy NON GAME
Machi Kuru Domino PUZZLE
Noumiso Konekone Puzzle Takoron PUZZLE
Cooking Mama: Minna to Isshou Oryouri Taikai COOKING SIM
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. ACTION
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles SURVIVAL HORROR

Of 43 games in the video, only 7 are officially party games. At least 29 could be classed as fully fledged games.

CorwinB

DefectiveReject said:
[Console] Width 44mm height 157mm depth 215.4mm (the projection part is excluded)
[Console stand] Width 55.4mm height 42mm depth 225.6mm (the projection part is excluded)

Holo-projector confirmed ?

Xdrive05

Pope Benedict XVI said:
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already, but do those avatars represent the people on your friends list whose Wiis are online?

That's a very good question. I would guess so, else they are all of the player's different characters stored in the flash RAM. The thing about it is, the player can click on any one of them and edit the features, so it might not be other people's avatars but the player's instead. Why anyone would need all those avaters is beyond me.

And that could just be a tech demo showing the variety and how you can edit avatars.

Probably already mentioned but on that Nintendo site they state that MSX games will join the line up of the virtual console as well.

Seeing that Metal Gear and Castlevania started out on MSX, how many good original MSX games were not ported to the NES?

http://translate.google.com/transla...p/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/05.html

Wikipedia states that Microsoft were involved in it, so would there be any likelihood of it's games being released on XBLA?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Pretty pumped when I saw that MSX is gonna be on the VC... since this system was never released in the US, I hope we get that functionality here...

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Zalasta said:
It's common sense.

Tchu-Espresso

Magicpaint said:
Wii bowling should be fun, I am put off by Wii Tennis simply because movement is auto.
IF the cord between the remote and nuchuck was just a bit longer it would be very easy to have full control over your player.

You better be able to move your damn boxer with the dpad, otherwise gimped total.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
anyone else notice the r-type logo in the top right of that menu pic? :)

it'll probably be the pce version, though.

Xdrive05 said:
That's a very good question. I would guess so, else they are all of the player's different characters stored in the flash RAM. The thing about it is, the player can click on any one of them and edit the features, so it might not be other people's avatars but the player's instead. Why anyone would need all those avaters is beyond me.

And that could just be a tech demo showing the variety and how you can edit avatars.

i see, thanks. hopefully reggie will reveal the mystery

broadwayrock said:
Probably already mentioned but on that Nintendo site they state that MSX games will join the line up of the virtual console as well.

Seeing that Metal Gear and Castlevania started out on MSX, how many good original MSX games were not ported to the NES?

http://translate.google.com/translat...tation/05.html

Wikipedia states that Microsoft were involved in it, so would there be any likelihood of it's games being released on XBLA?

I like the fact that the MSX project was led by Microsoft, Sony manufactured MSX computers, and now Nintendo is emulating the MSX. The MSX unites all fanboys just like that Abraham guy unites jews/muslims/christians

Top Bottom