• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

User 7575

Banned
Haven't watched the videos yet on the cool new features. Wonder if the NA meeting has any point now. Hopefully something new will be revealed.

Eh, looks like I'm waiting for a price drop. No 250 dollar Wii.

Matt_09

I'm catching up on this info now and wow, Wii looks amazing and Zelda looks phenominal. My only concern is the Euro Price, if it is £250 as some people have guessed than I wll not buy it.

Nameless

Amir0x said:
yeah i basically don't know what Reggie and crew are thinking with their US approach. Japan approach is nice - basically 200 without a pack-in game, and that's fine by me.

They were thinking that Americans don't mind spending extra money, so having them pay extra for a game they don't want doesn't matter.

Nickovic

Mojojo said:
So..can we get Wiipoints for the VC games in other ways than paying directly for them? points offered when buying a new wii game?( like NOE's star catalogue)

I think you can buy cards like you can with Itunes.

LM4sure

Banned
It's being released right before Christmas. It will sell with or without a packin. Nintendo is smart. Probably will come without the game in March of next year. Stop your bitching and go buy a PS3 if the Wii is "too expensive." :lol

Matt_09 said:
I'm catching up on this info now and wow, Wii looks amazing and Zelda looks phenominal. My only concern is the Euro Price, if it is £250 as some people have guessed than I wll not buy it.

Then dont buy it, there´ll be enough people, who´ll make the Wii sold-out.

CoryCubed

Hopefully Nintendo will have suprises at the other two, surely they know how much people outside Japan follow international information and have saved some for those who waited for the other events.

Matt_09 said:

£250? "Some people" need to get a brain.

Diablos

Oh geez. I called $250 in the chat hours ago. It just made sense to me. Even if the hardware isn't that complex, I knew they'd price this thing pretty high. Because Nintendo can always say they have the cheapest console in comparison to 360 and PS3. Not to mention, they can do a price drop whenever the hell they want to. If in late '07, MS decides to slash 360 Core and Premium prices by $50-100 (or just makes the premium $300), Nintendo would have no problem dropping Wii down to $200, even only a year after it's release. From a competetive standpoint Nintendo has positioned themselves nicely. They'll always have the cheapest console, and would never have to worry about taking a big hit if they do a price drop; it's not like the Wii hardware is that complex. They're able to get away with overpricing it BECAUSE of 360 and PS3. I suspect a pricetag of $250 for as long as 360 remains $400, then when there's a MS price drop, Nintendo does a price drop, too. In the meantime, Nintendo will be laughing all the way to the bank with all the extra money they'll be raking in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wow, I'm impressed by the Wii interface/functionalities. That weather thing is my personal killer app. I'd pay 250$ just for that.

BooJoh

Posted?

115822581000.jpg
:D

Model 500

The biggest reason I wanted two controllers from the start for everyone is that the developers could use that to their benefit. Games that use two Wiimotes as the main control scheme could / should open even more interesting gameplay scenarios. I do not mind buying extra controller at all.

Btw. I'm actually hoping that WiiTennis will offer simple yet DEEP gameplay. Going by the vids and interviews that seems to be the case. Some people are hitting the ball waaay off bounds, something that's not seen in other Tennis games. Miyamoto has said that it registers different spins and speed, that's a great and very promising prospect, let's see how it turns out. I really hope there's an option to move the character with the nunchaku, doesn't seem likely, though.

Matt_09

Will someone please clarify the following points for me:

Is Zelda available at Launch (EU)?
Will Nintendo be releasing Component Cables for the Wii?
What software will be on the Console? Opera? Photo editing software etc?
Where the **** is Metroid?
DVD playback?
DS Link up?
Email & Communication? Are the online games using Friends codes?

Cheers

F#A#Oo

Banned
Matt_09 said:

Hahah...yeah...riiiight...

MVC scooped the UK price it will be £149...:)

p.s HA! at all you cheap mofo's...:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
just wow.

awesome lineup, awesome interface, good price. virtual console prices are exactly what i thought they would be too. (though they could be a little less, no biggie)

wished it were launching earlier though.

reriel

namco games (from gamefront) :

- 02.12.06: Ennichi no Tatsujiin (Genre: Sonstiges)
- TBA: Sword of Legendia (Genre: Rollenspiel)
- TBA: Pac-Man Carnival (Genre: Sonstiges)

so the namco rpg, maybe, it's a sequel of tales of legendia ?

Krowley

Matt_09 said:
Will someone please clarify the following points for me:

Is Zelda available at Launch (EU)?
Will Nintendo be releasing Component Cables for the Wii?
What software will be on the Console? Opera? Photo editing software etc?
Where the **** is Metroid?
DVD playback?
DS Link up?
Email & Communication? Are the online games using Friends codes?

Cheers

No news either way on zelda's availability.. It will launch with the system in japan

No info about component cables AFAIK

Software = Opera, photo editing, weather channel app, avatar editor and apparently it's upgradable so there could be more.. interfaces look awesome

Metroid is probably more popular in NA and Europe than it is in japan... It's not a very big series there

Nothing new about dvd playback yet

Pokemon links with the ds and it's apparently online

I read somewhere about email functions along with other communication stuff (bbs or something)

Amir0x

Banned
reriel said:
namco games (from gamefront) :

- 02.12.06: Ennichi no Tatsujiin (Genre: Sonstiges)
- TBA: Sword of Legendia (Genre: Rollenspiel)
- TBA: Pac-Man Carnival (Genre: Sonstiges)

so the namco rpg, maybe, it's a sequel of tales of legendia ?

I'm going to to take a wild guess and say... in Sword of Legendia, you use the wiimote to mimick sword fighting motions :p

Amir0x said:
I'm going to to take a wild guess and say... in Sword of Legendia, you use the wiimote to mimick sword fighting motions :p

You don't say! I'm intrigued, old chap. Come, I would hear of how you arrived at such a conclusion.

Model 500

Amir0x said:
sure, but then don't pack it in the system and everyone wins

I think more people are going to win if they keep it bundled. Reason: accessibility.

Excellent introduction to people who are not videogame experts. Quite a few of them could easily end up buying some lazy slug-a-thon instead. I don't think 250$ is too much money for the "hardcore" gamer (even if the person would for some reason HATE the idea of WiiSports) when you know that you get games like MP3, Zelda and SMG at the very least.

・03/11/2006 Nagoya (in 3 halls?)
・12/11/2006 month Osaka
・25/26/11/2006 Tokyo(Makuhari Messe)

Japanese Gaffers can play Wii at the above locations and dates

(edit)
Packing in Wii Sports in USA, makes Wii Sports the biggest selling title of this coming generation!!

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Do we have any more trailers except the preview and the Zelda and pokemon ones?
I really want to see more of FE10..

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Hey Amirox where did you get that Pokemon Battle Revolutions was launch. All I see is Wii Party, Wii Sports, Zelda and Wario Ware from Nintendo for Japanese Wii launch.

also have we figured out why we get an Auxiliary plate yet?
We know we get the Wii stand and the sensor bar stand.
Is this a stand maybe for your Auxiliaries?

Man, I figured 250 all along, from right after the "under 250" quote. Doesn't bother me all too much but I haven't read this thread yet and judging from prior "199 or bust" statements I imagine a lot of it is handwringing over the price. I'm looking forward to seeing the US launch lineup today, better have a whole lot of EXCITE TRUCK in it.

Saoh

i just woke up and i feel the need to have hot sex with Link, Wii boxing and all the Fire Emblem Characters O_O :eek: RE looks hot too.

Wiiiiii

btw, $150 b3lievers are going to get raped today! :lol

Top Bottom